[ORP-plot] Fire and Air Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:58 am
ooc: What I am doing is having Kurt complete the fire and air requirements for the Loyalists. Anyone is welcome to jump in either to help or hinder.

I am not entirely clear on how much the loyalists are supposed to know beyond what is in the notices so this is a little messy.

User Image

IC: Telrunya City, Kurt had gone in order to get extra supplies. The port had told him that anything not salvaged from the HQ was taken there. Getting back wasn't hard and the fairies there were helpful. With the bitter cold on the island, he needed the extra help.

He left with the emergency kits for two, enough for himself and Zofie with the warm clothing, bedding and other sundries they would need until the weather got better and they could start really working their jobs.

More than that, he left with a mission. In his hand was the notice. He needed to collect four items though how he was supposed to do some if was beyond him.

That was a problem for another time, for now he returned home and told Zofie. She had wanted to come but someone had to stay behind and take care of the ranch. With that, she agreed to stay home and look after the animals only with Kurt promising he wouldn't be gone that long.

Bundled up in warm clothing, Kurt felt weird about it. All his life he could never remember needing clothes for anything more than costume night. Yet here he was, bundled up and ready to face the cold. With him he carried a sheet to act as a pack when he collected items, a knife and alpaca fibers inside the sheet. Extra warmth if he needed it and available trade item.

Setting off from his home,he returned to the city to search out information. With hands no longer full, the angel went about trying to find someone who knew where these items were supposed to be found. A sword and a walking stick seemed easy enough to create but he guessed it was more then just picking a sword out of a market or cutting a branch.

Some of it he could almost figure out on his own. The only magical place he could think of was the Fea clearing. Having never seen a sword there, it was his guess that it would be the wood that was important. Other then that, he had nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:32 am
User Image

Every bit of earth-colored skin was covered in a heavy cloak. Only Genesis' golden eyes pierced through the only opening as she walked through Telrunya City. Concealed beneath her cloak was the sword she always carried with her as well as some additional items, better to stay on the prepared side. She was heading towards the teleport pad that would bring her down to the mainland. She could have flown down, but she was already going to have a long flight on her hands by the sound of it. She looked over to the mountains, their misty, snow-covered peaks barely visible in the distance.

It wasn't often Genesis even ventured into the city outside of where she lived and trained with the other squires, so her eyes were easily darting all over the streets. She kept seeing the notice that she had already read posted around the city, it was odd to her that this was open to others if it was part of their training. Wouldn't that make it less discreet? She questioned the wisdom in it, but she would have to trust that the guardians and her professors knew what they were doing. How many were truly faithful to the guardians anyways?

Even if the notices did not seem discreet to her, Genesis was going to remain wary. She didn't want to fail this time.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:12 pm
Nearly to the landing pad, the bundled blue adult noted a smaller cloaked figure moving with purpose. The cloak couldn't be good for her vision. While cold, he questioned the wisdom of giving tunnel vision.

Still, the figure looked like it was going somewhere and he needed help. Perhaps there was a chance the cloaked one could offer a hint. As he didn't know the world well anymore, anyone probably knew so much more.

On that assumption he started towards the figure still well behind, "excuse me, are you on the notice quest?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:41 pm
Genesis was not necessarily used to interacting with others outside of her order, so when the other pae addressed her with a question she did not immediately respond. Instead, she pressed on, not even realizing he was talking to her. One of the other squires wouldn't have likely addressed her that way. When she felt his presence as seeming to follow her path she realized the voice that belonged to the pae must have been talking to her. She turned around slowly and studied the other carefully. She didn't think things through last time, so this time she needed to be more thoughtful.

The only problem was that with the addition of pae from outside of the order on this mission, she didn't know who she could trust. "Are you loyal to the guardians?" she questioned him bluntly. She gave him a hard stare, as if to suggest that she would know if he was lying.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:10 pm
For a moment he had thought himself ignored, or perhaps she had mufflers on her ears due to the cold. Following, he had begun together the words only louder this time.

The figure stopped and turned to him and he was stuck in place for a few moments. The eyes on this pea were unusual. His wife and daughter had gold eyes but not this pure no dark irises gold. No knowledge of what Squires were or any characteristics to tell one form any other pea, he just thought the color was unique and catching.

To the question, he was sure know she was a her if a young her. "I am." He responded without hesitation. When last he walked the island it was floating and the Guardians weren't exactly talkative but he knew of them and their messenger.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:56 am
Genesis took a moment, it was easy enough for anyone to say that and it didn't necessarily make it true. Thankfully most of her face was concealed with the exception of her eyes so that the biting of her lower lip was hidden. She had to answer him though... her response alone had answered the question, why would she ask if he was loyal to the guardians if her answer was no? She was starting to regret going out on her own, a second mind would have been helpful in this sort of uncertain situation.

"Yes, I am in search of these items, I am presuming that you are as well?" It was already clear that she was, so she might as well say it, and it seemed like a safe guess that he was also. She wondered how many others were also on this quest. There was no way this wasn't going to draw attention, was this what the guardians wanted?  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:21 am
Kurt watched the youngster, listening for her response. With the affirm he said what he worked out on this own, " I believe the wooden stick or wand would come from the Fea Clearing, it was the most magical wooden area I knew". The past tense was earned, how the world had changed was unknown. Oh he knew it has, a look could tell him that, it was the extent that he didn't know.

With the best he had, he asked her, "Do you have any idea where the other items might be?" Best guess he'd have would have been the HQ but that was gone. Where else would the thing be gathered?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:37 am
Genesis' eyes narrowed her eyes slightly at his suggestion of wood from the fae clearing. Admittedly both the air and fire relics were stumping her. As far as she was aware none of these heretics existed anymore. But for many years no one thought the earth and water pae existed anymore. "All four of these relics are associated with a supposedly ancient race of pae, but this is not the truth. The notice said that the items are possessed by these. That makes water and earth the easiest... the faun and naiad will have these items." At least that made it the easiest to know where to find them, that didn't mean they would be easy to get her hands on. Genesis explained to him.

She paused... she was revealing a lot of information. Unless they were well-read they might not know some of these things. Perhaps the other angels and demons weren't even meant to find these items, but the Guardians were simply sending them on a mission to test their loyalty. Genesis pursed her lips, they certainly worked in mysterious ways.

"In order to find a sword one must look to where a great battle once took place..." Genesis had read enough of the books in the library during her time of withdrawal to have some idea of possible places to get a sword other then her own. "That is an interesting theory you have about the rod..." Genesis admitted. Fae clearing didn't just have rods hanging around though, were they supposed to make it?  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:13 am
She might have been speaking another language as far as he knew. Tilting his head slightly to the side, he tried to make sense of what she was saying. Ancient Pea? We're angels, demons and Fae the only pae? There was no sign of recognition on his face when she said faun and naiad. The older angel had never heard the names. Well that wasn't entirely true. He had heard of water pae but had never seen one himself. "What do fauns and Naiads look like? I have only known angels" That probably could go unsaid given his race, "demons and Fea"

Ancient battle? He felt ancient sometimes. Born of the time of eggs and blobs, he was sure old compared to most. Kurt looked around the land they floated over, "I have never heard of a battle of any kind on the island. It has been peaceful my whole life. Well besides the Dragnid." At that thought he frowned. Was that where the battle happened? The idea of going in there was very disconcerting.

He elaborated on the rod idea, "My sister is a Fae and she has a wooden staff that is magical as I understand it. The clearing feels magical, I thought there was a connection, that the area had protective properties. If you are looking for ancient race then I'm no so sure." He trailed off sounding lost in his own statement. Before the ancients he was sure of his idea, now he didn't sound so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:43 am
EvilSilverDragon

Genesis was puzzled by the look on the adult's face. He didn't know? Even if he had been hiding in Telrunya, he had to know, right? "They are wingless. Fauns have hooves and horns that look like branches. Naiad live in the water and have fish tails, but when they are on land they grow legs." Genesis grew slightly frustrated, how much did this pae not know? She saw herself getting side-tracked from her mission just as she had been during their search for intel on that cave. Was this a mission doomed from the start as well?

"There have been a few." It didn't surprise her that the pae didn't know of these things, many events of the past had been forgotten. Genesis answered his final question before responding to his theory. Surely a fae staff would be different then a fire staff. "Your idea may lead somewhere, but as of now there is no telling of its validity. My apologies, but this mission is of the up most importance to me and I cannot afford to spend any more time in idle conversation." Genesis began walking toward the landing pad. She wouldn't object if he followed along unless he continued to distract and slow her.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:05 am
Kurt nodded, committing the descriptions to memory. Never had he heard of pae with hooves or without wings. Finned pae were just being spotted in the water before his soul went back to the Statues. He awoke for a reason, this had to be it. While he enjoyed his ranch, he felt that there just had to be a reason for his awakening. Maybe the Guardians wanted him to do this? Finding the fliers just seemed like a sign.

"Nothing idle of sharing information,"
He protested the sense that he was being a burden by being talked to. If he was right about the wood, it was a fair exchange. Well, he had gotten more information then he had been able to share. At least it wasn't one sided, the male protested mentally.

Raising a hand, he scratched behind his ear a moment before deciding he couldn't do this on his own. Pushing off the ground with his left foot, he propelled himself forward to catch up with the teen. She seemed to know what was going on and he hoped she'd help lead him in the right direction. "I should like to come with you, I won't slow you down. I can pull my won weight." Being older then her, he was mildly confident he was stronger, that could be of assistance. At least, he hoped to learn the locations of the battle. If he was right about the wood, the others he could find on his own. But this first he had no sense of where to go.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:23 am
EvilSilverDragon

"Sharing information is idle if one stands in place while exchanging the information." Genesis said as she briskly walked forward. No more stopping to talk, they were fully capable of multi-tasking. "Since you are not familiar with the heretics. If you see one, they are not to be trusted, especially with this information. They are unfaithful to the guardians and spread fabrication and falsehood in their wake." Genesis instructed the male dutifully after he announced that he was coming with her.

"Perhaps if I were to head to the site on the mountains first... the fae clearing could be on the way... it would be possible to test out this theory..." Genesis sounded to be more thinking out loud at this point. As she stepped onto the pad and was brought down onto the earth she stretched out her wings beneath her coverings and parted the back so they could be free. "It will be a long expedition. I anticipate that you have ample provision." He had said he could pull his own weight, and it was going to have to be true. She jumped into the air and took to flying.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:43 am
Wolfs Heart

Okay, the teen had a point. The Dad in him bristled at the idea of being talked back to by a teenager; however, the wise man in him wasn't about to say anything. Rather, he listened to what she had to say. There was no auguring she knew more then he did. Something wrong with the world but then there was a lot wrong since his dispatcher last.

Mountain? Looking off to the distance he wondered what was going on in the mountain. He had just enough time to look back at her to see her step on the landing pad. Jumping to, he quickly caught up to where she was, stepping on the pad himself.

He heard everything she had to say, feeling just a bit more like he was being ordered around. She didn't tell him what to do, it was more the tone. Rather then argue, Cheal would be proud, he just followed her. Easily, he took to the air and kept close to her heel but to the left.

Holding tightly to the sheet pack he had to his back, he felt confident he had what he needed and certainly would have no trouble keeping up. From the landing pad the Clearing was a natural from the crow flies to the mountain. Assuming it was still where he remembered it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:58 pm
EvilSilverDragon

Genesis was thinking on the angel's theory as she flew. Her eyes were carefully peeled watching for anything that might be an obstacle. Many times when she left the city she had encountered the taint, it seemed to be growing bolder in her opinion. That made her worry more then the heretics at the present time. If the wood in the fae clearing was what they needed for the staff... was she just supposed to find some timber lying on the ground or was she supposed to cut down a tree in order to test this adult's theory.

Genesis was trying to recall if she had ever read anything about cutting down a tree in fae clearing. It seemed to her that something bad would happen if she did, but she had no hard evidence to prove that except for her gut. It didn't entirely make sense to Genesis, most of the other items were to be taken from the heretics... and this item she would have to make? It was only the angel's theory... he had no more knowledge on the subject then she did, but it was the only information she had for that particular item.

Genesis appreciated that the male was staying quiet, it allowed her to keep her ears open and earned him some small amount of her respect. She loved the quiet at home, but out here it bothered her so she was listening for any other sound.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:10 pm
Kurt continued to fly and to think. He wondered if they would know if he was right. It would be silly to fly around with a branch and it not be the right one. Was there some sort of sign? Was it one of those things they would just know? Why couldn't the guardians just give clear 'x' marks the spot instructions?

Grumbling with himself, the blue angel decided the cold was making him grumpy. Introverting as he was, talking was the last thing on his mind, but then so was looking where he was flying. It didn't hurt that all he saw was a sea of green with a bald spot.

Doing a double take he keyed in on the area of a clearing. That must be it, a single break in a sea of trees. Slowly he started to adjust his altitude to get lower to the target. If she kept going he'd return to investigate at another time.

Keeping his eyes on the area he tried to figure out just how they would know. He brought a knife to cut the branch since he doubted staves were just sitting around waiting to be claimed. He just hoped there were no fairies hanging around ether. The area was important to them even if his sister never could tell him why.

:[ Telrunya City ]: ~ Order of the Light Base of Operations

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff