I am going to vent. I don't really expect anyone to reply and I don't mind if you don't, I just need to write this down before I slap a b***h.

I've been in chorus for three years now. I'm not even in it because I want to sing outside of high school; I'm in it because I like singing. This is the one year it went wrong.
It seems like a lot of the underclassmen are half-assing it; they really just stand there hardly moving their mouths and the people who are actually working are getting punished for it. By punished, I mean yelled at and humiliated by both others who are working hard and the teacher himself.
The teacher is an absolute a**; he is always calling us slackers and mocks us by calling us "nincompoop" (he would say worse. Really, that isn't bad at all. I think anyone who's anyone just blows it off their shoulder.) But he's called us "assholes" before. It's not like it hurt, at least not for me; I don't get hurt by words. It just pisses me off to no end.
Today, for example, he said to us, "This is what chorus is like; you can't expect others to pick up your work! (which that much is true) And in the real world, when you have a job, you can't go to the guidance office to whine about everything that goes wrong in your job!"
First off, no one I know has ever gone to guidance to complain about chorus. I know this because 1) I hear everything that goes on behind closed doors. I'll admit, I eavesdrop in that class, partially because of stuff that's said about my friends and I. 2) if anyone said anything about chorus, the teacher's a** would have been hauled out of that school a LONG time ago.
And then he had to come up with this stupid analogy of "who is in drive and who is in neutral: the people who are working hard every day are in drive and pulling the work of the people in neutral, AKA the people who are halfassing it. What sucks about that is the two soprano sectional leaders (the people who have been in chorus the longest, usually in the Select Choir, his favorite students and sometimes the best singers, the teacher sticks us with them) are constantly accusing us of "being in neutral" and they have to pull everyone's a** along. At one point, they said, "At this point, I'm just gonna stop singing." And I felt like screaming "b***h, why don't you?! I would LOVE to not hear your voice!"
The thing is, this goes on a regular basis; they call us bitches; sometimes in a lighthearted manner, sometimes because they're pissed at us.
Me personally, I do my work. I just have a softer voice and they see it as I'm in "neutral".
There are only a few days left in the class, then midterms, then it's sweet freedom. I just needed to rant. At this point, I'm just half tempted to ditch the rest of my classes; yet another reason I know I'm "in drive" is because I have A's in that class which is beyond hard to get, but no one else knows. Midterms would bring my grades back up. I'm only half year so after midterms I'm out of that class. I really don't give a s**t if I fail that class.
And another thing, I know everyone's going to talk about me behind my back once I leave; they'll say things like, "We knew she was someone who wasn't pulling her weight." and, "She was a horrible, rude person."
In all honesty, I'm not bragging, I'm just really starting to define my voice.
I know more than half of those people will never make it past high school as far as a singing career and they will be devastated when they're told no. I wish I would be able to see the soprano sectional leader's face when she is told no. I know she will be told no because she is always bragging that she is carrying everyone's weight and she doesn't know how not to make it a one woman show. I have never wished this fate on anyone before. I don't think I'll ever wish it again. But I have never wished it more.
I'm just tired.