Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] What did I say about the sleeves? (Lan and Zhi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:20 pm
She had made a mistake. A terrible, awful, no good horrible mistake. And that was try to get a dress that might have fit her hips and chest but fit no where else. Oh she looked nice...provided she wasn't walking. The hem dragged on the ground in the most unsightly of ways, and her sleeves?
Tinted brown from dirt.

Normally, it wouldn't have been an issue, but no- she just HAD to get the outfit with layers. Oh how nice she'd though, it will look lovely with the colors. Never mind the sleeves that normally hid a few items now weighed more than usual and just made carrying them an effort and just-

Lan stood under a tree, arms crossed, pouting, hem and sleeves tinted brown from her own desire for what she'd thought to be a cute dress.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:02 pm
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP!!

Zhi had been out for leisurely walk when he had spotted the familiar figure beneath the tree. At first, his face had lit up with recognition--and perhaps even a little bit of childish excitement--upon seeing Lan...but then his expression promptly morphed into one of blatant shock upon seeing her muddy sleeves.

Lan?! With dirty sleeves? No! Nooo! IMPOSSIBLE.

And so he just stood there with owlishly round eyes, mouth agape and hand thrust out as he pointed at the horsewoman's outfit with a mortified expression.

iStoleYurVamps
I'm sry

Kaiyumi

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:08 pm
Oh ancestors. No, this wasn't happening. Out of all the horsemen to have caught her in such a position- she was mortified.

Why did it have to be Zhi?

Gold eyes wide like a doe in headlights, Lan just stared back as she tried to think of something to say, anything to cover her blunder.

A second clicked by, seeming like an eternity before she pointed back at him, cheeks puffing out. "Pointing is rude!"

As she pointed to him. In the back of her mind, she gave herself an a gold star for at least trying.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:02 pm
Zhi continued to stare at the woman with wide eyes...and they only seemed to grow even wider when she told him that pointing was rude, only to hypocritically do just that. Uncertain as to how to respond, the man floundered for a moment before promptly lifting his other arm and pointing at her.

...So now he was pointing at Lan with both hands.

"But...but look at what you're doing!" He cried in defense of himself. Then, in a much more distressed voice he added, "What happened to your sleeves!?"

In comparison to hers, his was actually a lot cleaner...a fact that genuinely disturbed the eccentric man to no end.

iStoleYurVamps

Kaiyumi

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:53 pm
He was pointing with both hands now and it made Lan vaguely realize how absurd she must have looked. Arm dropping to her side, face red, the little conquestian pouted, arms crossing while glaring to the tall soldier.

"I am doing nothing of the sort." At that exact moment. "And... There was a miscalculation in my measurements." She shamefully tried to to hide them behind her back, though it did little good.

"I cannot be blamed for the ground to be so unforgiving to my person."

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:29 am
Oh. Oh, poor Lan--he had never seen her look so...ashamed. Of course, that was only to be expected, since he only ever seen her looking perfect and pristine--dirtying her sleeves must have been a new experience for her, and she was quite clearly distressed over it.

A big frown marred the man's face as he stared at her clothes, noting that it was indeed far too long for her to prevent the fabric from dragging across the ground. Considering his options, a brilliant (in his deranged mind) plan suddenly came to him.

Trotting over in that strange, silly gait that he so often used, he situated himself behind the horsewoman, crouched down, and grabbed her sleeves. Upon straightening himself up, he held his hands--and the ends of her sleeves--over his head, and--

--...and that was it.

"Don't be sad, Lan!" He grinned at her, wriggling the strips of fabric, "I'll hold them for you as you walk!" Problem solved!

iStoleYurVamps

Kaiyumi

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:58 pm
Lan didn't know what to feel. On one hand, she was ashamed, on the other, angry that she'd been caught brown sleeved.

Overall- she felt just a bit sad to now be so hypocritical.

Frowning as she shuffled in place, she cast Zhi a worried look as he approached. He was going to make fun of her, mock her, tell all his friends about what mistake she had made and-
Apparently just hold her sleeves up for her.

Stranding still as stone, Lan just let Zhi do what Zhi did and wondered, 'could this be a good or bad idea?'

Being told not to be sad while he smiled and did such nonsensical things did brighten her moon though so there was that.

"Zhi, you cannot hold my sleeves for me- plus would it be any way a noble to walk, arms in the air like I just didn't care?"

Answer; probably not.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:20 pm
Leaning to the side so that he could see her face, the man blinked once, twice, and then nodded his head vigorously. His expression, as per usually, was cheerfully dumb as he beamed at the horsewoman.

"Of course! ...Why wouldn't it be? Can't nobles walk however they want to?" He flapped the sleeves that he was holding then so that he could draw her attention back to them. "Besides, I'm the one holding my arms in the air, not you! I can be your uhhhhh...temporary attendant for the day!"

He was about to say more when his face abruptly went blank. There was a moment of pause, and then he grinned.

"...Or I could probably fix your sleeves for you. I can sew, you know!" And he could sew well too. People usually wondered why he had become a soldier over a tailor, but well...thinking too hard about why Zhi did things usually ended in a headache.

iStoleYurVamps

Kaiyumi

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:39 pm
He had a point. Why couldn't she? She could do whatever she wanted after all being nobility and-

She'd look silly.

She frowned at the idea of making him her attendant, but it vanished when the offer came to have him make adjustments. Well, that paired with a dose of skepticism. "You can sew?" She asked, trying to inspect what might be able to be done. "How would you propose to remedy this situation Zhi? If just until I could see Lifen or Ying."

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:01 pm
Zhi might have looked vaguely offended that she doubted his sewing abilities. Puffing up his chest, he flapped his arms up and down. ”I’ll have you know that I’d make an amazing tailor,” He informed her, before adding with a blank smile, ”Much better than I am as a soldier at least.” Which was, of course, the most reassuring thing that you wanted to hear from a man who was supposed to be able to defend you if all hell broke loose.

Dropping one of her sleeves so that he could grasp the other with both of his hands, he let out a thoughtful hum and turned it this way and that. ”Well, for one thing, I’ll probably try to take in the hem by a couple of inches,” He mused softly, mostly to himself, ”I keep an emergency sewing kit in my sleeve, so…”

”Who made this?” He grumbled, his frown deepening to the absolute maximum, ”This wasn’t personally tailored to you, was it?!”

If only he took his actual duties as seriously.

iStoleYurVamps

Kaiyumi

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:31 pm
She hadn't meant to offend, but by his expression, she had.

She didn't apologize for it, though, she didn't apologize for anything really.

"Really now? Well why have you never sewn me anything? The best way to show off one's skill is by example you know." She teased him.

As he inspected her sleeve, she tried to think at what he was doing. Did he have something on him for an easy fix? How fast might he be? Would he just think sewing meant cutting the offending fabric off?

Cue her surprise as he failed to offer that as a solution. "I see." The question on who made it had her looking away. "Erm. A young upstart artisan. They had it already finished and I just really wanted a dress with layers but as you can see my uh.. height has proven to be a point of.. ill progress."

She frowned. "They didn't even offer to have it fitted....." Now she felt foolish for not having demanded it.

"Would you fix it Zhi?" If he could.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:31 am
”I never made you anything because you never asked,” He answered simply, giving a shrug of his shoulders before pausing, ”Though I did try once, only to have all my time taken up by my duties instead.” He had small, half-finished trinkets for Lan, Jay, Shaheen, and Lihua back in his home, but they had remained half-finished for months on end now. Considering how he obviously had a lot of time of his hands now, maybe it was time to finish them.

(Though something probably had to be said about the fact that all of the man’s “friends” were women, but well…)

Zhi glanced up upon hearing that the dress was made by a young artisan, and he let out a small grunt. When he spoke, however, his voice was surprisingly kind (instead of being blatantly loud and dumb). ”Is that so? It’s definitely not badly made—they just need to remember to tailor and customize it to their customer.”

Just when it seemed like he was being serious and sincere for once, the man abruptly grinned, dropping—or more like throwing into the air and letting them fall—Lan’s sleeves. ”Yeah, I can fix it! Or well, I only have this tiny kit with me, but I can fold the hem in and stitch it up a couple of inches as a temporary fix until you find someone with the proper tools.” She could also drop by his home and ask him to fix it properly once he had the actual tools, but there was no guarantee that he’d be in.

iStoleYurVamps

Kaiyumi

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:47 am
Lan huffed at him. "Well consider this me asking. I would love to see what you could make for me and would greatly appreciate such a gift." Vanity, thy name would forever be Lan.

Fussing at one of the sleeves she wondered if should had made a mistake, sharing that is was a young artisan. They had- well, he hit it on the nose really and didn't sound like he was passing any great judgements upon them... despite not knowing who they were.

"I must admit, some of the fault must lie with me. I was a bit demanding in my desire for this dress. I mean the colors and patterns are fabulous, for this weather even? Perfection. Just the wrong size...."The sudden toss and drop of her sleeves made Lan's expression turn from normal to 'the hell are you doing'.

".....If you could fix it, at least until I can get someone over for a proper fitting, I would greatly appreciate it. Perhaps if you have time you could show me how you would make it passable."

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:50 pm
Oooh, now that she was actually asking him to make her something, he could hardly bring himself to deny her. Dropping himself into a bow with a dramatic flourish, he let out a laugh. ”Yes yes, okay! I will make you a gift sometime, and I will be certain to deliver it as soon as it is done!” The only question was figuring out what to make, but he was sure that he would be able to figure that out later.

He let out a quiet hum at her admittance, but said nothing. Well, maybe Lan should have asked, or maybe the artisan should have offered—in either case, had either of them spoken up, the outfit probably would have been better fitted but…eh, what did it matter now? It was too late, but at least he could help her tweak it.

”Yes, I could help you fix it!” He assured her, puffing his chest up, ”As I said, it’ll just be very quick and temporary, but at least it won’t drag on the ground anymore. Now, where is my sewing kit? I could have sworn…” He began to pat at his clothing, brows furrowed as he searched for the kit. When his search resulted in nothing, the man frowned, freezing as he scrunched up his face. He did have it, didn’t he? He brought it everywhere, so…

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The kit eventually came flying out of one of his sleeves, landing just a few feet away. Throwing his arms straight up, Zhi let out a gleeful “FOUND IT!” before running over—arms still up in the air—to retrieve it.

iStoleYurVamps

Kaiyumi

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:09 pm
Oh she loved gifts. No matter how small. The promise of one just tickled Lan pink. "Well, you know me Zhi, I will adore whatever it is you would think to bestow on me. A gift from a friend is to be treasured indeed." Unless it was a poorly knitted ugly giftmas sweater.

She didn't really know what to do with those.

Jumping back from Zhi's sudden sleeves flips flopping about, She watched concerned that maybe this had been a bad idea.

Still, she held out an arm. "Do what you can?"

Kaiyumi

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces