Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply Anime Help Guild Main Forum
Phoanexa's weekly anime post Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:06 pm
Hello there how's everyone been? it's time for my anime of the week. This anime came out last fall and it's called Nanatsu no Taizai.

Nanatsu no Taizai
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When they were accused of trying to overthrow the monarchy, the feared warriors the Seven Deadly Sins were sent into exile. Princess Elizabeth discovers the truth - the Sins were framed by the king's guard, the Holy Knights - too late to prevent them from assassinating her father and seizing the throne!
Now the princess is on the run, seeking the Sins to help her reclaim the kingdom. But the first Sin she meets, Meliodas, is a little innkeeper with a talking pig. He doesn't even have a real sword! Have the legends of the Sins' strength been exaggerated?

(Source: ANN)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:47 pm
Hello again it's a new week so here's my anime of the week! This week features a new anime that's recently come out for the winter season.

Seiken Tsukai no World Break

Seiken Tsukai no World Break
The story is set in a private high school that brings together "saviors," youths with awakened memories from past lives. Some of them are Shirogane who fight enemies with weapons and techniques gleaned from the Puraana powers from their own bodies. Others are Kuroma who wipe out enemies, with magic to manipulate the Maana powers that surpass physics. A boy named Moroha Haimura enrolls in this school. He is the first person in history with past lives of both Shirogane and Kuroma.  

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:02 pm
Today for this weekly anime I decided to feature a yokai anime that came out this winter called Isuca.

Isuca

Shinichirou decides to look for a job in order to pay his rent, and his teacher suggests that he work for someone at their house,doing housekeeping. However, the person who hired him was Sakuya, a girl who is the 37th head of the Shimazu family, and her job is to exorcise and eliminate unwanted creatures by using their true names.Shinichirou has the ability to 'see' these creature's true names, but only by a kiss!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:14 pm
For this anime of the week I've decided to put up an action/school anime.

Absolute Duo

The story begins with Blaze — a weapon that is the manifestation of a human's soul. Tooru Kokonoe happens to be qualified for this, but for some reason his Blaze is not a weapon, but a shield. Moreover, he enrolled in a school that teaches combat skills, and thanks to the school's Duo partner system, he ends up living with a beautiful silver-haired girl.  

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:20 pm
This week's anime of the week is called:

Juuo Mujin no Fafnir

In the "unlimited school battle action" story, the world was transformed by the sudden appearance of monsters known collectively as dragons. Before long, girls known as "D" were born with the dragons' powers. A boy named Yuu Mononobe is the world's only male "D," although his existence is kept secret. He is forced to enroll into Midgar, a school for "D" girls, Moreover, he is reunited with his long-separated little sister Mitsuki.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:46 pm
Hi everyone I'm back! I've been looking for a job lately so that's why I haven'y been on in a while, sorry about that. So i'll continue going my anime of the week posts now. Hope you find the new posts even better than the past ones. Okay I'll start posting the anime of the week now. This weeks anime is Denpa Kyoushi.

Denpa Kyoushi

An anime adaptation of the manga which centers around Junichirou, a young man obssesed with manga, anime and games. He was a young genius who published papers in the journals Nature and Science when he was only 17. However, after graduating college, he became a NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) absorbed in his anime blog. Unable to watch Kagami throw away his life, his sister Suzune gets him to work at the Ichou Academy she attends. The head of the school's board, Koyomi Hiiragi, assigns Kagami to his new life as a teacher.

I would give this anime 4 out of five stars. The anime is original combining an otaku with a teacher and the way of teaching hilarious. I reccomend this for someone who loves school anime but is tired of the same usual setting.  

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:33 pm
This week's anime is a horror/romance anime called Dansai Benri no Crime Edge

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge
Haimura Kiri is a seemingly ordinary boy with one slight problem: he is obsessed with cutting other people's hair. One day he meets Mushiyanokouji Iwai, the "Hair Queen" who cannot cut her hair because of an inherited curse. Kiri finds out that his scissor, "Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge" is the only thing that can cut them. But little did he know that their meeting sparked the start of an old murder game to kill the "Hair Queen" using the cursed killing tools, the "Killing Goods." Can Kiri protect Iwai from the Killing Goods Owners? Let the game begin!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:46 pm
Mm, you've got a good list here, I think my watchlist got a little bigger. At this rate, I won't be able to see them all in my lifetime. xd

This is a suggestion but optional: when you state an anime of the week, try adding stars to tell us how you feel about the anime after you've watched it thoroughly. For example, if I listed Witchcraft Works here, I'd add that I give it 4 out of 5 stars in my post just to show how I feel after watching a number of episodes, and whether or not I'd recommend it. 3nodding

gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star

Valora Valentine

Caring Cleric

23,600 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:14 pm
Valora Valentine
Mm, you've got a good list here, I think my watchlist got a little bigger. At this rate, I won't be able to see them all in my lifetime. xd

This is a suggestion but optional: when you state an anime of the week, try adding stars to tell us how you feel about the anime after you've watched it thoroughly. For example, if I listed Witchcraft Works here, I'd add that I give it 4 out of 5 stars in my post just to show how I feel after watching a number of episodes, and whether or not I'd recommend it. 3nodding

gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star

That's a good suggestion thanks for reading!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:24 pm
For this week I've decided to feature a romance anime.

Shakugan no Shana

The world has become a slaughtering ground for the Crimson Denizens, mysterious beings from a parallel universe who thrive on the life energy of humans. These merciless murderers only leave behind scant remainders of souls called "Torches," which are mere residues that will eventually be destroyed, along with the very fact of the victims' existence from the minds of the living. In an ambitious endeavor to put an end to this invisible, hungry massacre, warriors called Flame Hazes relentlessly fight these monsters.

One fateful day, Yuuji Sakai ceases to be a regular high schooler—he becomes trapped in a crevice of time and is suddenly attacked by a Denizen. Coming to his rescue just in the nick of time is a nameless hunter who seems no different from an ordinary young girl except for her blazing eyes and burning crimson hair. However, before Yuuji can learn anything more about his situation, he discovers that he has already been reduced to a Torch—merely a scrap of memory waiting to be extinguished.

out of five I give this anime heart heart heart stars (I'm putting hearts instead of stars)
I've also decided to start putting trailers of the anime up (from youtube) to watch at your leisure

https://youtu.be/40xjuDCiB2A  

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

Valora Valentine

Caring Cleric

23,600 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:09 am
I've already seen the whole Shakugan no Shana series years back, to the end! To me, the series gets fun at the beginning, but it went confusing and crazy at the last season that I was gradually getting bored of it. I also rate it three stars out of five. I'd recommend watching it if you want to enjoy some entertainment, but not the final season unless you've got time to kill. ~  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:08 pm
This week's anime

Strike The Blood

The story follows the adventures of Kojou Akatsuki, a vampire in high school who is a bit reluctant to show his powers, and Yukina Himeragi, a teenage Sword Shaman apprentice who is sent to observe him. It takes place in the Demon District in Itogami City, a man-made island off the coast of Japan that has a freely mingling monster populace. Kojou is suspected of being the Fourth Progenitor, a powerful vampire that could potentially disrupt the balance of power among the ruling three Progenitors. Kojou and Yukina befriend various monster students, some of whom are attracted to Kojou, and whose situations drive his libido that provides the source of much of his power.

This anime deserves a heart heart heart heart rating. There aren't many vampire romance anime that can keep up with the anime Vampire Knight which is probably the most well known vampire romance but Strike The Blood definately rivals it.

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:59 pm
This week's anime:

Cardcaptor Sakura

Sakura Kinomoto was an ordinary 4th grader until the day she opened a strange book and let dozens of powerful magic cards loose on the world. Keroberos, the Guardian of the Clow Cards, informs Sakura that it is now her responsibility to find and capture the freed cards. However, much to the reluctant Sakura's dismay, things aren't going to be easy for her; simply saying magic words and waving her wand around isn't good enough. Each card is a living, thinking, extremely powerful being. She'll have to learn to cope with her new responsibilities, as well as ordinary troubles involving love, school, family, and friends. With the support of her friend Tomoyo and a young boy with powers of his own, she must learn how to use her newly awakened magical abilities to collect each card and prevent the disaster that will befall the world if she doesn't.

A classic magical girl anime. I rate this anime heart heart heart The anime has a "clow card" presented in each episode which are quite amusing. from powerful and familiar powers like the elements to weather cards like snow and rain and original ones like fight and flower cards. This anime is worth watching when you're looking for a different style of magical girl anime

https://youtu.be/luM4oGFSpT8  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:30 pm
This week's anime: Flame of Recca

Flame of Recca

Recca is a boy living in the modern world, only he seems drawn to following the ways of the ninja. On the day he befriends a girl named Yanagi who has a mysterious power of healing, he is confronted and challenged by a Dark Priestess. This battle leads Recca to discover the power of fire within himself. Afterwards, he finds that not only is his past and destiny not as crystal clear as he had thought, but there are others with powers practicing the way of the ninja who challenge him one after another.

I give this anime heart heart 1/2 rating; this anime makes me think of a cross between yu yu hakusho and naruto. flame of recca combines ancient ninja weapons techniques and fighting others in a death fighting arena. naruto also has weapons and techniques but the ones in this anime are more complex and each weapon has a story behind it. I give this heart heart 1/2 because of the similarities between those two and this anime never the less it is still a good anime, great for those times when you are having a hard time finding an anime to watch.

https://youtu.be/cl90Nqty8h0?list=RDcl90Nqty8h0  

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

Fire_Sorceress_Phoanexa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:47 pm
this week's anime: Problem Children Are Coming From Another World Aren't They?

Problem Children Are Coming From Another World Aren't They? (Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?)

Three children, Sakamaki Izayoi, Kudō Asuka, and Kasukabe Yō, live dull lives because they possess unmatched psychic powers. One day, they receive an envelope that transports them to Little Garden, a place of supernatural powers called "Gifts." There, the residents use Gifts to play high-stakes games known as Gift Games in order to earn wealth and prestige for their communities. So, the three children join the fallen "No Name" community and resolve to help it regain its prosperity. As they learn more about Little Garden, they decide to overthrow the tyrannical Demon Lords in control.

This anime deserves heart heart heart An adventure/comedy, this anime combines gods, monsters, vampires and humans with different powers such as talking with animals' control over humans, animals and objects and destructive strengths. Even though it is only 10 episodes long plus one OVA it's well worth the watch and is one of my favorites blaugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDkUcijfoFc&list=PL5FNUsnDjU78_F9_WcMIp-Y4PkvkOMt72&index=1  
Anime Help Guild Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff