Submit

Kira Kahli

Omnipresent Noob

9,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:20 pm
So at the end of last year I asked out this guy who I had gotten to know pretty well. He's one of the sweet and slightly nerdy guys who I always have a sweet spot for.

We went on two dates, and neither of them went very well. The first one was very uncomfortable, and the second one he asked me to kiss him and i said no.

Two weeks later it was my birthday and I wanted to do something fun so I asked another friend (who I was romantically involved with in the past) out to see a movie with me. I cheated on my boyfriend, and broke up with him two days later, but I never told him that I cheated.

The other guy wanted to make sure that we were actually gonna stay together this time, but I just avoided it until it went away.

Were friends again now, but the other day he told me how hard the past couple of months have been and I just feel really bad. I like being his friend, but I don't want to hurt his feelings anymore. Anyone know what I should do?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:06 am
You know what you want... You want to be his friend and not hurt his feelings so tell him I just wanna be friends.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:08 am
User Image
          I've been there before, in a similar situation, and the best thing I did was end the friendship.
          Sometimes, most of the time, it's very hard to have and keep a friendship with a guy that likes/loves you but you don't feel the same way about him.
          And even though you just want to be friends and tell him so, the best option is to just end the friendship for his good and yours.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:02 pm
In some situations; ending the friendship is the best [or least painful] thing to do. But I'd say that all depends on factors that we don't know.

Whether or not you end it, that's up to you.

The best thing I can think of - is for you to tell him that you're sorry that the past couple months have been hard for him, and as much as you like him; you don't like him in that way and that you enjoy his friendship.
Maybe say sorry for the hurt feelings you were mentioning?

It's good though, that you know what you want.

I would just think it over. Come up with a list of pros and cons of keeping or ending the friendship. And then deciding what to do is easier from there [usually]

Musicante

Quotable Shapeshifter

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces