Wut?
  Okies.
  Nuu.
View Results

with patroclus

Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:03 pm
        I seriously never know what to wear.
        I always like to prepare my outfits the night before I wear them to make sure they look okay and so I don't get rushed in the mornings, but often I don't even know what to lay out. I just look through my closet and dresser, almost never find what I want to wear that day, and end up going to school feeling uncomfortable or unorganized. I'll admit that there are some days that I find the perfect outfit and leave my house feeling like a supermodel, but those days are rare and mostly happen when the weather is warm. It is currently snowing heavily outside where I live. I asked my mom if I could go out shopping and buy some new clothes, but she said that I have way too much already (which is a total lie because I share clothes with my older sister since we're the same size and I know people that own more clothes than the two of us combined) and that we should be thankful for all the clothes we already have and that we should stop caring about how we look. I would like to stop being so self-conscious and stuff, but I can't help it. The people in my school are seriously judgemental (unfortunately, that includes myself) and I want to look presentable. I don't understand how the 'popular' people can arrive at school everyday wearing their brand-name clothes and crap, never wearing the same thing twice. Seriously, how much money could they possible have?? I asked one of my friends once, and they said that their parents buy them whatever they want. I died that day. I have to buy my own clothes with my own money and my parents only pay for the food I eat, the house I live in, and other basic needs. So what am I supposed to wear everyday? I mean, I get compliments on new shirts or whatever, but once I've worn them, that's it. I wear them again, but people have already seen it so they are unimpressed whatsoever. Anyways, what do I do? Btw, I'm not a girly girl or anything like that. I just like to be casual, neat, and occasionally cute.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:37 am
If you want new clothes, you can always go to a thrift shop. If you take the time to sort through everything you can find some nice stuff hidden within the sea of old lady clothes. And honestly no one will know its from a thrift store unless you tell them. And if you live in a nice neighborhood, you may even find designer clothes. I get compliments on a lot of the stuff I've found at thrift shops and it saves a lot of money. Its good to buy clothes that are versatile that you can wear different ways.
As long as you feel comfortable in the clothes, it doesn't really matter if you get compliments every time you wear them.
I wish I could be more helpful, but I honestly I never know what to wear either and usually just wear a t-shirt and jeans.  

Rae of Hope

with patroclus

Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:29 pm
Rae of Hope

Thank you very much. c:  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:10 pm
I agree with Rae, the thrift store or a second hand store (Savers, the youth ranch, whatever is around) is a great place to hit, I do so myself a number of times just because it's easy. If you want to get clothes from another shop, I'd say to save some of your money up and then treat yourself once in a while when you find something you really want to have. I have to admit I'm the kind of girl who normally just grabs the first top she sees in her drawer, throws it on, and books it out the door but I know others like you aren't. If you want to make something a little more flashy or seem more put together, try mixing and matching. Even a basic outfit of a t-shirt and some jeans can look nice with a few simple accessories or a basic jacket. even something as simple as color coordinating or matching can put together something really cute.

throwing together a "perfect outfit" doesn't have to take a whole new shopping trip and getting a bunch of name brands. go poke around your closet some day when you have time if you really want and just see what you can throw together on their own with just a few pieces and then maybe some outfits with some more. if you have a couple outfits you know you'll like that are quick and simple for when you do have to up and run out the door, maybe you'll feel a little less uncomfortable at school. hope that helps a little bit  

StrayKit

Star-geeker

Runway Icon

18,250 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:18 pm
i have no idea what to wear
However figured out color combos. However I see that most of my clothes is black. Lol  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:07 pm
Marshalls?

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash