Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Here to tell you that homosexuality is a SIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MaeIstrom

Dedicated Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:18 pm
And SINS do not exist.

smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:01 am
Made me chuckle a little.

While I don't find anything wrong with this topic I should like to express that here at the GGSA we accept all individuals and their beliefs, be it in sexuality, gender, and even religious affiliation.

With that, carry on.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

MaeIstrom

Dedicated Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:56 am
Der Fluch des Pharao
Made me chuckle a little.

While I don't find anything wrong with this topic I should like to express that here at the GGSA we accept all individuals and their beliefs, be it in sexuality, gender, and even religious affiliation.

With that, carry on.

Gotcha. For the record, I actually believe in "God," I'm just deist.

And what about religions that teach people to slaughter those who practice homosexuality, though? I've heard quite a few...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:21 am
Quote:
And what about religions that teach people to slaughter those who practice homosexuality, though? I've heard quite a few...

To clarify, we're all well aware that some use their religious beliefs as an excuse for hatred of all kinds, and there's nothing wrong with talking about it and being critical of bigotry.

What we do ask is that users refrain from making blanket statements attacking religions and religious people in general. A number of our members have religious beliefs, and such generalizations unfairly target them, along with all the other people of faith who don't use their faith as an excuse to be hateful.

We've had issues in the past with people who were creating a hostile environment here because they couldn't or wouldn't distinguish between religious groups as a whole and the individuals who are affiliated with them.

Simply put, a GSA isn't the appropriate venue for hate. 3nodding  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:28 am
To be fair, (unless it was editted after the fact to what it is now) all he said was "Sins don't exist," not "Your god is dead!" or anything else that might be construed as any sort of attack... Just something that theists are likely to disagree with.
I mean... I get the need for unity, and agree that it is important, but even what people sometimes call "religious tolerance" only goes so far as saying things like "hate the sinner, not the sin." As a straight guy I have no business airing my grievances here, but I think that the targets of persecution ought to be entitled to a little "hate the theism, not the theist."
...Though I can see how that could turn ugly left unchecked.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:15 am
Matasoga
To be fair, (unless it was editted after the fact to what it is now) all he said was "Sins don't exist," not "Your god is dead!" or anything else that might be construed as any sort of attack... Just something that theists are likely to disagree with.
I mean... I get the need for unity, and agree that it is important, but even what people sometimes call "religious tolerance" only goes so far as saying things like "hate the sinner, not the sin." As a straight guy I have no business airing my grievances here, but I think that the targets of persecution ought to be entitled to a little "hate the theism, not the theist."

I'm a Deist.

That means I believe in God.

Thanks all, Good night.  

MaeIstrom

Dedicated Raider

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:53 am
MaeIstrom
Matasoga

I'm a Deist.

Thanks all, Good night.

Yes, I saw that. I'm also well familiar with Deism and the watchmaker theory. I'm not entirely sure why you mention that again, as it's not as though being a theist prevents you from being condemned by other theists... But that's rather beside the point.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:52 am
Matasoga
MaeIstrom
Matasoga

I'm a Deist.

Thanks all, Good night.

Yes, I saw that. I'm also well familiar with Deism and the watchmaker theory. I'm not entirely sure why you mention that again, as it's not as though being a theist prevents you from being condemned by other theists... But that's rather beside the point.

But I'm Deist. ;n;  

MaeIstrom

Dedicated Raider

Aeterna-Imperium

Wheezing Smoker

1,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:57 am
This thread perplexes me. confused  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:19 am
Matasoga

Neither of us said that the OP was attacking anything; if he had been, it would have been removed. Der Fluch was just being proactive, considering that in the past, threads about religion have turned ugly very quickly. His post was, in my opinion, meant as a reminder to subsequent posters to keep things civil.

My own post was in response to the question OP presented, "And what about religions that teach people to slaughter those who practice homosexuality, though? I've heard quite a few... ".

Quote:

You're as welcome to air any grievances as anyone else. razz We aren't saying that people aren't entitled to feel that way. We've simply taken this stance because users would come here, vent their spleen about religion by making damning generalizations, and in doing so insult and belittle a number of their fellow guild-members.

What it boils down to is that there is a huge difference between conversation like, "The church-goers in my town have said hateful things to me, and I can't stand them for it." and unhelpful statements like, "Christians are all bigots/stupid/hateful."
The former is welcome, the latter is not.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

MaeIstrom

Dedicated Raider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:21 pm
Matasoga
MaeIstrom
Matasoga

I'm a Deist.

Thanks all, Good night.

Actually, Deism is apart from most other examples of Theism.

Our beliefs are, indeed, marginalized by the majority of both atheists and theists, who believe one must be one or the other or agnostic. I'm oftentimes condemned for apostasy from the Catholic Church as well as abandoning my faith in Jesus Christ alone.

But yeah, hate the theism, not the theist....
Unless they're being an a*****e because I don't conform to them.

But that applies to atheists as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:15 am
But I do exist... sad

Also based on what information or resources do you claim such thing? explain a little bit more about the proccess you went through to get to that conclusion..  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:03 pm
As a Christian, I do believe in sin, but in no way do I believe that loving someone else (or even just ********, if that's your thing, because nobody's making much of a deal about us straight people engaging in casual sex) is one of those.

But even if I did think homosexuality was a sin, it wouldn't matter at all as long as there were more people willing to uphold that long overlooked part of the constitution that says very clearly that my religion does not belong in the creation or enforcement of laws.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:53 pm
Sin Error
But I do exist... sad

Also based on what information or resources do you claim such thing? explain a little bit more about the proccess you went through to get to that conclusion..

Sin implies that there's an objective rule-set given to us straight from a humanized divine being and that it has been infracted.  

MaeIstrom

Dedicated Raider

Margay777

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Watch this video. Being LGBT isnt a choice.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff