Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:34 pm
Eligor waved off the compliments, though his color may have darkened a bit. "The Guardians have blessed us all with many gifts. Others far greater than me can have the task of entertainment," he chuckled. He had far greater plans for his life's duty.

Though he seemed a bit puzzled when the Faun took their leave, he pretended there was nothing strange in order to facilitate this parting. Another mountain? Why would he be heading back up the mountain towards a tree when he'd just suggested leaving? Eli nonchalantly accepted the sword from Alethea and shouldered his pack once more, as the Faun bid farewell. "Safe travels to you as well. Guardians' bless."

And then they were both...gone.

Somewhat unnerved, Eligor didn't let his feeling shake his expression, nodding down the mountain to Alethea. "Come on, let's get going." Only after they'd started to descend and he was sure they were out of hearing range of the heretics they'd left behind, he muttered, "What strange Faun..." The distraction of the strangers gone, he managed to focus on another problem. He stopped in his tracks, turning to Alethea. "Wait a minute...we've only got one sword. We need another...don't we?" He eyed the shield that his angel companion had attached to her pack. Both items had come from the battlefield, both instruments of war that had helped serve some former master...perhaps it was satisfactory? Otherwise...they needed to head back up and find a second sword.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:02 pm
Alethea just sorta raised an eyebrow at the stranger manner in which the heretics left. It was as strange as when they arrived, just falling out of a tree. "Why would the Guardians send heretics to save us?" she muttered.

Alethea had hoped Eligor wouldn't notice the fact of two swords and accept the shield as the other item, but she should have know better. This was Eligor afterall. Nothing gets by him because he's so smart and clever. *kirakira* She didn't want to go back up higher in to the cold. She was ill-prepared. Freezing to death wasn't exactly how she wanted to go out. She wanted to go out guns blazing and fighting to the end, destroying those that oppose the Guardians on her way down.

"I ... I think the shield will work. They came from the same place afterall. Same magic, you think? I am sure of it." She stumbled a little on her words, trying real hard to sound convincing. "Besides, I don't think we should go further up the mountain. Not unless we're better prepared. Maybe after we get our cups and get some rest at home, we can come back. Make a mountain expedition out of it, and have warm clothing and heaters." She chuckled nervously, and started walking down the path. She shivered, realizing that the small fire really was providing a significant amount of warmth.

She just wanted to get back to civilization where they have warm blankets and no snow.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:49 pm
Eligor hesitated, weighing the risks in his mind. They'd made good progress and quickly today thanks to the heretics' help. As much as he hated to leave when they were so close to having swords for them both...he had to admit, Alethea was absolutely correct. They were ill-prepared for this sort of weather on the mountain. It was far colder than he'd thought to plan for. The risk that something could happen to injure or infirm one or both of them if they continued without proper preparation was far higher than he was comfortable with.

With a reluctant sigh and glance back over his shoulder, he turned back to Alethea. "Perhaps it could also serve. But I'd feel better if we came back for another sword after preparing more thoroughly. At least we know where to go. I'll make a note of the location where that Faun went earlier, so we can make the return trip quickly." He'd picked up on the hesitation in her voice and mistook it for trying to cover for how cold she was. "Come on, let's get back to the City and replenish our supplies. We're more than halfway done, right?" Trying to smile encouragingly, Eligor looped an arm around Alethea's shoulders for warmth and started down the mountain again.

They just had to have faith.

:[ Telrunya City ]: ~ Order of the Light Base of Operations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces