Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Telrunya City ]: ~ Order of the Light Base of Operations
[PLOT] To Seek the Holy ... Amulet? (Nephi & Genesis) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:50 am
Seiana_ZI

Genesis watched them carefully, they both had wings like her. Yet, they were essentially declared for the faun right? It was no matter, she just wanted their coins, and they likely had them. She wondered how best to approach them, certainly not like this. More relaxed, casually, as if they had happened to stumble upon them. Perhaps it would be wise to engage Nephi in some meaningless conversation as well? Genesis almost felt locked up inside, unprepared and afraid to act, but she needed to do this. She overheard the one say something about the weather. Yes, that would be as good as any place to start.

"This climate has been most brutal. This is unusual is it not?" Genesis conversed with Nephi. She gave the male a look, hoping that he would understand what she was doing, since talking plan of 'attack' was now out the door.

Rainbow Dash glanced over at Flitter her expression made it clear that she was weighing the idea. "I gu-ess that could be the problem..." Dash mused as she thought about it, although it seemed to her that the problem had started before it got really cold, but maybe the problem was the change in the weather. "All the more reason to get back to Lai... Laisid... oh, you know!" Rainbow Dash gave a half-laugh, but it was far too cold to waste any more warm breath on a full laugh.

Rainbow Dash turned her head as she started to hear talking. She hadn't necessarily been on her guard or anything, but she had felt like they had been relatively alone. Rainbow Dash turned her head to look over at the other two, she hadn't had any interactions with pae other then faun, she glanced back at Flitter curiously.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:55 pm
Flitter giggled in turn as Rainbow seemed to consider that maybe she had a point. She had to admit, her wings were feeling a little stiff, too. Maybe they would feel a bit better if they gave up on this going outside idea and went back to their cozy little--

"Laisidhiel," offered Flitter, quietly, with a snicker. "I agree, it's rather cold out here. Maybe we should move a bit-- hm?" She caught how Rainbow's eyes moved elsewhere, no longer as attentive as she once was. Curious herself, Flitter looked over her shoulder, glancing at the other two who were also talking about the horrible weather behind her. They were winged, like she was, but she had seen none of their sort before. Flitter spent most of her time within the tree's walls, or just nearby.

She knew there were others on the Isle that had wings like them, though. She had heard them mentioned, Pae'il with wings much like those of the fauny. Flitter usually heard the murmurings in reference to the fact that the fauny had wings much like them, though...

"I think these are Blood Pae." murmured Flitter, quietly, to Rainbow Dash.

Nephi easily slipped into character.

After all, the key to a good convincing operation was definitely playing the part.

"Most certainly," murmured Nephi, knitting his brows. The cold did not bother him overly much as he was dressed for it, but he could see where the fauny in front of him really weren't. Perhaps this would work to their advantage, if they were desperate to get inside and get away from the two of them. "It's not usually this cold here. We are in a very warm area."

His path with Genesis took them right in the way of Flitter and Rainbow Dash. It was intentional on their part, but it might have looked a bit unintentional to the other fauny...

Wolfs Heart

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:59 pm
"Blood pae?" Dash's voice was lower now, a loud whisper. She had heard that word tossed around a time or two, mostly as she passed by faun talking to one another and in hushed whispers. It never sounded good to her.

Genesis had to hide the smile of satisfaction, relieved that she and Nephi were once again on the same page. It was so much better working with a fellow squire that was certain! "I wonder what the reason behind the change might be..." It was a genuine concern of Genesis' she had felt that major weather incidents, like the huge storm a few backs, were related to the fact that many pae had turned away from the guardians. This was no time to ponder that though, they were ready to cross paths with the faunies.

Rainbow Dash could see that the two 'blood pae' were coming right towards them, though it seemed like their own existance hadn't been noticed by the two who were deep in conversation. Dash wondered how fast these two could fly, surely they weren't as good as her? It only slightly concerned her since she didn't know anything about them.

Genesis could feel the stares, but she pretended not to notice, she was too deep in conversation with Nephi. Finally, she looked up. "Oh, excuse us." Genesis sounded surprised.

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:55 pm
Flitter showed some relief when Rainbow lowered her voice a little. She knew, the other woman could never make herself be quiet. It wasn't in her nature. She didn't think that it would be good to cue the other two in on the fact they were whispering about them, especially since they seemed to be oblivious to their presence. "Yeah, I've heard murmurs about them in the tree," murmured Flitter, nervously. "Things that have wings like we do but should be avoided..."

She honestly wasn't sure why they should be avoided, though. That much she hadn't managed to gather from the murmurings of the other faun. For some reason, though, the 'Blood Pae' made them nervous.

If Flitter was aligned with the Earth, she believed she should be wary, too.

Nephi nodded in response to Genesis. Admittedly, the weather was an actual concern for him, too. None of the weather that had occurred had ended well. The storm, while he was shut away, caused so many problems for the Pae'il of the lower Telrunya Isle. This, now, was keeping Pae'il shut up inside, probably killing crops or maybe even animals. Hopefully, none of the faithful had fallen to the storms of nature.

Though, if they had, Nephi fully believed the Guardians had planned such things for a reason.

"My apologies!" started Nephi, falling into line with Genesis' apologies. For being so serious most of the time, Nephi could fake making himself sound lighter fairly well. Perhaps it was because it was all a part of the act they were playing. With a pause, he tilted his head, looking up and down the two in front of them. They were definitely faun, ones with wings at that, like the wings they possessed. They reminded him of those he had met previously, like Princess Celestia.

They were bound to have amulets.

"Forgive me, are you two faun?"

Flitter fidgeted, but she kept her voice steady, stating a, "Ah, yes. We are."

Wolfs Heart

Seiana_ZI

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:49 pm
Seiana_ZI

Rainbow Dash almost bounced back when the blood pae's path crossed right with their own. Scared? No, she wasn't scared. Rainbow Dash was never afraid, but she certainly didn't respond with one of her usual quips. Admittedly she was slightly intimidated by this unknown 'blood pae' thing. That only could last so long though, if they didn't know they were faun any more then they knew they were blood pae, then Rainbow Dash was just as capable of intimidating them. "Yeah, we are. What of it?" Rainbow Dash stated boldly, crossing her arms in front of her as she stopped.

Genesis glanced over at Nephi, trying to figure out what direction he was going. It was best for them to stay on the same page, or at least keep their story straight about why they were after the amulets. Unable to determine what would be the logical response after the purple one confirmed that they were fauns, Genesis determined it was best to remain quiet and see where Nephi took this. Instead she stayed within her own mind, sizing up these two faun.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:42 pm
It looked like Genesis was going to be staying quiet for now. That was okay. He could face off with the one who was attempting to intimidate him. She didn't bother him.

She was just a heretic, after all.

"Oh, so you are a faun!" Nephi sounded pleased with this discovery, looking from the one who was trying to pose herself as intimidating to the one who looked like she was trying to hesitantly follow suit but was failing. He had to wonder--how much were the heretics aware of about them? Did they have reason to fear them already? Had any of their fellow Squires done something incredibly rash, like beat up these faun?

Nephi wouldn't be surprised, considering he had heard murmurings about how to handle these heretics...

"I'm sorry, I just hadn't seen any faun with wings before," that was a lie, actually, but he did a good enough job of seeming like he was telling the truth. "I am Nehemiah." That was also not his name, but he seemed to be choosing a name that was not his own on purpose. Hopefully Genesis understood this. "It is a pleasure to meet you both."

Flitter relaxed a bit, put at ease by how polite he appeared to be. No reason to be frightened. Just ... cautious? "Nice to meet you, Nehemiah."

Wolfs Heart

Seiana_ZI

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:20 am
Seiana_ZI

Rainbow's intimidating posture melted away when this Nehemiah fellow started speaking. These two didn't even seem to be much older then fillies and she was beginning to feel bad for going on the defense so brashly. "Oh no man, I'm sorry." She scratched her rainbow colored mane. "I can be a little over the top sometimes...I'm Rainbow Dash by the way." These two didn't seem like they could be so bad.

Now that Genesis knew where Nephi had gone with that question, she felt comfortable to speak again. Genesis normally spoke quite eloquently... or at least preferred to use large words... but she tried to tone it down as not to stand out. "Yes, I have never seen a faun with wings either." Genesis chided in, "they are quite lovely," she added so it wouldn't seem that she was making fun of their oddness.

Nehemiah, Genesis wondered where he had come up with that name. It was a wise idea to use an alias when dealing with these heretics, that was certain. "And my name is Gretel," A fairy tale that had been rescued to the city from the old headquarters came to mind.

"Wow... you two must be so cold." Genesis sounded concerned for them.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:16 am
"And I'm Flitter," added Flitter when Rainbow Dash gave her own name. She noticed that Rainbow Dash was calming down and, herself, felt relieved. Good. There wasn't going to be any confrontations.

Gretel was the name that Genesis would be using. Nephi made sure to echo that within his mind a few times, committing that name to memory. He knew where she probably got that name from. There were some old tales that had been unearthed in the City, the story of a Hansel and Gretel being one he recognized. Nephi had just gotten his name from one he had heard before while he was walking through the City. It was similar enough to his own name that it was easy enough to use as a fake one.

Nephi's tendency to speak rather eloquently was lessened here as well. He was not a commoner, but he certainly knew common speak. It made the common pae or heretic feel less uncomfortable with his presence.

"It is very cold out here," murmured Nephi, picking up his arms and wrapping them around himself with a shiver to display this. The cold was not bothering him terribly much because he was properly equipped for it, but these heretics seemed ill-equipped. If they confirmed they were cold, perhaps they could conduct some kind of trade.

Flitter nodded, gathering her arms under her chest and indeed visibly shivering. "It's so warm here, normally..." She sounded concerned, knitting her brows. "And right now, it's so c-cold, Rainbow Dash and I were considering just going back inside..."

Wolfs Heart

Seiana_ZI

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:41 am
Seiana_ZI

"Yeah... we had winter back where we came from... but I don't remember anything quite like this." Rainbow Dash responded, she had been a part of the Ponyville weather patrol, but all this talk about the weather was starting to bore her and it kept them out in the cold longer, she was ready to get going. Even if they seemed harmless enough, she wasn't sure it would be a good idea to spend too much time with them.

Genesis nodded her head slowly. "It is." She responded to the one called Flitter, "I cannot recall anything like this happening before, who knows how long it will last..." The female shook her head sadly. If the could convince them to want to trade the amulets, it would probably be fairly easy for Genesis and Nephi to pick up more in the city, so it wouldn't be a huge loss for them. It wasn't not something they would be able to trade to a naiad anyways.

"These cloaks we have are good for winged pae. I cannot imagine you can get something like that in the faun city." Genesis mused, her attempt at enticing their interest.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:38 pm
Flitter was not certain they were the best people to keep talking to either. Even if it was true that they were harmless--they barely looked older than a filly!--she was with Rainbow Dash in that it probably wasn't best to keep talking to them.

Yet, Flitter wanted to spend more time outside of the tree. The idea that they had something to help piqued her interest almost immediately, and her posture relaxed out of her shivering ... for a moment, anyway, before she gathered her arms close again.

"Do they keep you warm?"

Nephi offered a rather winning smile. "Yes! Without these, I wouldn't dare go outside." Displaying that they kept him warm, Nephi unbundled his arms and spun around in the winter air, appearing not to be bothered by the chilly airs that were wafting down from the north. "The best part about these is that they do not limit our wing movement at all." He stretched his wings out, displaying the full range of motion.

Flitter was honestly getting a little jealous.

Wolfs Heart

Seiana_ZI

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:22 pm
Seiana_ZI

Okay, she'd bite. If they really were warm. "You're right, I don't think I could get something like that in the city." Rainbow Dash, agreed. Maybe she could if she asked Rarity, but it would probably be way over the top, these cloaks were pretty ordinary. "You have any idea where we could get some?" Rainbow Dash raised her eyebrows. Seeing that they were so warm, just made Dash feel even colder.

Genesis was well pleased, but she tried to keep that masked, she didn't want to let them know that they were falling right into their plan to get the amulets. Genesis thought about Rainbow Dash's question. She couldn't really tell her that she could get them from the city, so they needed another lie. "A friend of ours makes them, but I'm sure she is quite swamped with this weather.... However... me and Nehemiah could probably get more if you wanted to trade for them." It was an innocent enough statement.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:39 pm
A trade?

What were they looking for? Flitter did not have a whole lot on her other than what she kept on her person at all times, but she would rather not have to run back inside if they could give her something to make it so she could stay outside more often. Softly, she ventured, "We're listening."

It looked like they had managed to hook the two of them. It made sense--like the angels and demons, these heretics with wings did not want to be trapped inside, either. They wanted to spread their wings! Now it was time to try and get what they had come there for...

"We're looking for amulets," offered Nephi, expression hopeful. "There are some items inscribed that we have heard the faun carry."

Flitter's eyes widened as her hand snaked down to her pouch, grasping the small wooden token she had been given when she swore herself to the tree, as her friend Rainbow Dash had. Why would these Nehemiah and Gretel need these? Was handing them over really worth a warm garment? Would they get in trouble with the Chief for handing these over so easily?

At the same time, they looked so warm...

Wolfs Heart

Seiana_ZI

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:40 pm
Seiana_ZI

Genesis was slightly surprised when Nephi revealed what they were after. She was hoping the faunies would simply offer the amulets, assuming that was the only possession they really had. They were faun after all, they didn't really have that many things which to trade with, right? Based on the look on Flitter's face it didn't seem like they were going to be so willing to part with them, so perhaps it was better to suggest it and see how they reacted.

Rainbow Dash looked uncertain and hesitant, on guard once again. Why on earth would they want they want their amulets. It supposedly offered the tree's protection, although it didn't seem to work against the winter elements, the tree probably didn't protect 'blood pae', so what good was it? On the other hand... it wasn't protecting them from the cold, and these cloaks would do that. If they didn't look awesome strutting around in them.

Still...why did they want them?!

"What value is it to you? It's just a piece of wood." Rainbow Dash responded.

Genesis had already been thinking of how best to explain their desire for the amulet. "There are no better wood carvers then the faun. It may be a common artifact for you, but it is art to us." She hoped that the flattery would be enough to convince them.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:18 pm
Nephi chimed in, agreeing. "The faun seem to understand wood so well. They make beautiful pieces of art without even realizing it, and we would love to have them."

Flitter gave a hesitant frown, so Nephi added, "In return, we will give you something you need." At that point, he gestured to the cloaks they were wearing, to confirm that for those trinkets they held so close to them, they would give them something that was likely much more valuable.

At least, to them. To the Squires, the wooden amulets were of the same value as gold.

Flitter could use one of those cloaks, and they were right. Getting cloaks like those in the tree would be nearly impossible. No one made just simple, good, functional warm cloaks for fauny with wings, except for a couple. She could think of Rarity, but so much of what Rarity made tended to be overly gaudy. She didn't want that.

Those cloaks were perfect.

Grasping the coin in her pouch, she looked over to Rainbow Dash to see if she thought the same as her. The amulet didn't seem to be giving them much protection anyway. It was freezing out here--there were things that were much more valuable.

Wolfs Heart

Seiana_ZI

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:25 pm
Rainbow Dash looked to Flitter, she still felt a little uncertain, but their reason seemed to make sense. She wasn't necessarily a wood carver, but their were plenty of regular faun in the tree who had a special way with it. There were plenty of these coins floating around in the tree, it probably wasn't that difficult for them to get a new one since a small coin-like object like this was easily misplaced. The cloak did look warm and would be much harder for them to get their hands on. "Alright, you have yourself a deal... at least from me." Rainbow Dash pulled out her amulet.

Genesis smiled as she pulled off her cloak and folded it in preparation to be handed over. She noticeably shivered when she took it off as her skin was exposed to the frigid air. It was a shame they hadn't ran into the naiads first, it would be a less fun trip to find them now that they were exposed to the elements, but it would be worth it. "Thank you very much, we are appreciative of this. And I am very glad that you will have something useful to you." Genesis responded.

Seiana_ZI

:[ Telrunya City ]: ~ Order of the Light Base of Operations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces