Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:31 am
User Image
Okay, the fauns lived in the giant tree, that was a bit easier to find then the illusive water dwellers. Shifting his pack, Kurt looked to the huge tree in the distance. From as far away as he was, it looked more like a mountain than a tree. It baffled him that he had never seen it before. Living on the isle all his life, one would have thought he'd notice something that huge!

With no idea if he'd be welcomed or chased out, Kurt landed far from the tree. The bridge leading to the tree was in the distance. That seemed the safest course of action. The angel hoped to run into a friendly faun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:48 am
User ImageFi stretched, walking outside of the tree. She was in desperate need of new fabrics. The winter weather had her giving everything away to keep everyfaun warm! Fi frowned, wishing it was warm so they could all go surfing. It was so much fun to surf, almost as much as it was to make clothing to make everyone look good and keep warm!

It was like this, she was huffing as she crossed the bridge. It wasn't the first time she'd left the tree since she had started making all those bunches of clothes. Eventually she was bound to run out of fabrics. Fi had yet to travel to a different land though. She chewed her bottom lip, thinking about it. She didn't really know where she would go, or even how she'd get back. Ooo, maybe they had really awesome surf weather out there! That would be neat.

"Where am I?" She blinked, looking around. The Tree was familiar, but everywhere else? What? The faunness kept walking in her amazement, blindly bumping into another pae'il. "Oh Earth I'm so sorry!" She squeaked, apologizing for not paying attention.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:21 am
Immediately after being bumped into, Kurt reacted with an apology of his own, "So sorry I wasn't paying attention mysel--" He cut off when he really looked at the lady. Even though he had never seen a faun himself, one look at her and there was no doubt in his mind what she was.

Never had he seen such a strange looking Pae. She almost looked like a stuck shifter except for the branches that seemed to be growing out of her head. There was no power he knew of that combined animal and plant quite like that. For several moments he was at a loss for words. All he could do was just look at the pretty faun. Staring was rude and he wasn't trying to be rude.

Rubbing the back of his head with his left arm he says, "I apologize. My name is Kurt. You are the first faun I have ever met." Like that was an excuse to be practically ogle a lady! Chael would be so disappointed in him. Rather, she'd laugh at him which was worse. "Ms, would you happen to have a wooden coin? It should have your tree on one side."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:20 am
Fi blinked, looking up at the angel. She wasn't particularly tall for her race, but she wasn't entirely unfamiliar with angels either. She had been living with one for quite some time on the beach. It made her heart ache to see another one. Fi thought she'd managed to forget that chapter of her life, she loved her life now. The tree had been so good to her when she needed the love.

The faunness wiped at an eye, trying not to look confused when he asked for a coin. She had a few of those, but how would anyone else know? Rais had given them to her when she had taken her position in the tree. "What coin are you talking about?" She frowned, unable to keep that much off her face. "I've got plenty of wooden coins with a tree on them..." But she couldn't given any of them up without getting something in return! Phiona knew better than that. They were for fabrics and stuff to make pretty clothing with. Not anything else.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:29 am
Kurt smiled at her, chuckling briefly. This was easier than he thought! She had want he needed, now if only he had what she needed. "I'd like to trade for one if you would be so kind." Kneeling down he carefully too of his sheet pack and reveled three bundles of loosely gathered alpaca fibers, one was of the brindle coloration the others were traditional white, "These come from my own alpaca that I raise here on the island. I will happily trade for the coin. If this isn't what you are looking for, please tell me what you would prefer."

Grabbing one of the white bundles he held it out for her to inspect hoping she would like it. During the normal weather this wouldn't be the most useful thing ever, but in the cold? Surely there was demand for warm fibers even among those with a little big of fur themselves.

He had also taken the time to wash and clean the fibers after shearing so they were ready for weaving or stuffing or whatever she wished of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:55 am
She blinked, confused. "Trade for what?" She'd already forgotten, not realizing she had all her valuable items with her. She had been going out for warm things to keep her people warm hadn't she?

"Ooooh, fur." The faunness smiled, reaching out to touch one. They looked nice and fluffy. But what would she do with it the way it was? He was asking for a coin? She did have lots of those. Fi looked at the fur in her hands. "A coin for this?" She shook her head, green hair falling in her face. "My coins are worth more than three bundles of fluffy stuff."

She handed him back the bundle, needing the free hand to get at the pouch she carried at her waist. There were a few coins in there, two of them wooden, and then the special one she made sure she always kept with her when she left the tree. "Do you have... At least two more bundles of fluffy stuff?" She was holding the larger of the two wooden coins. It wasn't her special one, but it had a tree on the back of it. At least, she thought the tree was the backside of it. But it was a very valuable coin to her. She couldn't let it go for something so little. No matter how much she needed it for the tree.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:07 pm
For a brief moment he almost thought he was talking to his daughter. That w.as not a slight on either lady. There was just something briefly familiar about the way of talking and expression.

He had honestly expected it to work just like that, his three bundles for the special coin the fauns were supposed to carry. When she relieved it wasn't so grab and go, his wings drooped a little bit. He looked at the bundles he had brought considering she must be right. If the coins were as valuable that they needed, surely they were valuable to the fauns as well.

What did he have in his barn? The blankets already in the house were needed for the house he couldn't take those. What he had left was the brindle variety. Though those could be dyed if she was inclined. "I do, the last of the stock until shearing time in the summer. I have it stored in my barn." There was a lot of debate if she should offer more like a trading agreement or not. If he offered too much she might take more than he had. If he offered two little she might just walk away. It wasn't like he was going to forcibly take the items from her, it wasn't his way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:27 pm
Fi chewed her lip a little, knowing the tree needed this desperately. She wanted to make sure everyone was warm. Supply and demand, she knew the price of his fluffy stuff was going to be more expensive with the winter weather being what it was. But the coin he was asking for was valuable. But it was only one coin right?

"This is the coin you're looking for right?" She pulled the one in her hand out, showing him the tree etched into it. Fi decided the two extra bundles was good. For this coin, she'd let it go so long as her faun brethren were kept warm with it. "You can have this one for two extra bundles." It seemed fair enough of a trade. Maybe a little heavy on his end, but why did he want a coin from her anyways?

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:50 pm
It wasn't obvious, but he was holding his breath. He was giving up what could have been used for back up for his own home. However, the guardians sent them on a mission and the coin was part of it. He had to put his faith in them that this was a good choice.

As she showed him the coin he had no idea if it was the right one or not. It had a tree on it,it was made of wood and a faun had it. Trust was all he had that this was the right one. "I believe so, all I know about it is it is a wooden coin with the tree on one side and something for protection on the other." Turning his pink eyes to the bundles, he picked them them up to keep them clean. "I can't leave my pack here; however, a gesture of good faith." He hands her one bundle and finishes, "I will fly home and get the rest of the bundles and put them in their own sheet carrier so you can take them home easier." If the coin really did protect, he wanted to make it easy and safe for her to return home.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:01 pm
"Something about protection on it?" She tilted her head, snatching back the coin she'd offered him. This one wasn't at all what he wanted. He wanted her special coin. She knew it now. "That wasn't the coin you wanted." Fi went back to chewing her lip. The faunness wanted those bundles for the tree. Would she be able to get another coin if she gave this one up? Would Rais be mad at her for this trade?

"You want my special coin..." She frowned, crossing her arms. "I can give it to you, but I don't know if Chief Rais will be mad at me for trading for it... But I really need those fluffy stuffs." Fi sighed, pulling the precious one out of the pouch. "You can have it, but you have to promise me something." The orange faun was firm on this. She missed the ocean so terribly much sometimes, even if it made her heart ache to see another angel. Phiona had a feeling it was going to be that way not matter how much time passed. At least she had begun to remember things more often.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:08 pm
He was glad he said something, it wouldn't have been her fault if he walked off with the wrong coin. His brow furrowed as he showed concern for her. It was not his intent to get her in trouble at all. Was there a way he could spare her trouble? He offered, though he wasn't sure she'd even consider, "It is an option, if you want to say the coin was taken." He could be the bad guy if it would spare her trouble.

Looking at her with all seriousness he stood straight and kept firm eye contact, "What is it you would like me to promise? If it is within my power I will do so." She was doing him a great service by giving him the coin so it was only fair he do what ever he could to earn it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:15 pm
"But that's a lie. Lies are bad." She frowned. "I'll take the risk. The faun and faunies need these more than I need my special coin." Fi didn't want to lie. It didn't seem nice at all. Not to mention how would she explain getting the fluffy stuff if she didn't tell the truth?

"I want you to promise me you'll go surfing with me when the weather is warmer." She continued to look as though she were completely serious. And she was. There wasn't even a hint of a joke on her face or in her eye. She wanted someone to go surfing with her that wasn't one of the faun. Sure, a fish person would be cool, but it wouldn't be like the old times. Fi thought to herself, she really needed to find someone to help her move on from Hula Bob.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:28 pm
Kurt accepted her answer with a smile. She had integrity, the fauns might not follow the guardians but they certainly didn't seem bad with her as their representative.

What she asked him to promise once again reminded him of his daughter. Different but just enough similarities he could almost hear Menolly. Even still, he had to blink a few times to be sure his memories were not playing with his head. She wanted them to do what? "Surf?" Blinking, it was clear to him this mattered to her so he could hardly say no, "I'll promise but I cannot promise I will be any good at it." He had never surfed in his life and just the idea of the promise boggled his mind. That didn't mean he deemed something that clearly mattered to her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:22 pm
Fi nodded, glad that he was willing to uphold that part of their trade. "That's okay, I can teach you." She grinned, holding out her hand. "Lets shake on it? Make it a deal?" The faun offered, holding out her hand. She was excited to have someone to go out and surf with her, but then, maybe it was because she was just so excited to have a chance to get back out on the waves again.

"And I'd be more than willing to wait here if you live nearby." She kept smiling. It was different than she expected, not having thought she would manage to get stuff for warm clothing so easily.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:50 pm
A coin and she was going to teach him how to surf? It was feeling more like he was getting the better end of the deal here. While surfing never interested him, a new experience was almost always a good thing. Putting out his own hand, he shook hers gently. There was a weirdness to it, furry handshakes are new but by no means negative.

"Alright, it won't take me long to get there by the air."
Without wasting time, the blue angel took to the air with practiced ease. Once he was above the trees it took him no time to hit a good stream of air and fly his way home.

Once there he decided not to go into the house because he didn't want to bring the cold air in with him. He was worried about disturbing Zofie and had no clue there was someone else in his house.

With innocent ignorance, he went in to the barn to store the items he had collected and take the last of their alpaca fiber stores. He loved on each of his girls giving them a pat and kinds words. The alpaca were mostly used to him by this point and reacted calmly to his being there.

With all the fibers gathered and placed into their own sheet bag, he turned and took off again, heading right back to where the fauness was with all due haste.

:[ Telrunya City ]: ~ Order of the Light Base of Operations

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff