Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[I/S] Unedited Templates

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think the template images should be updated?
Please! I've been wanting this forever!
75%
 75%  [ 36 ]
It would be nice, but I've been figuring it out on my own.
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
What we have is enough.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I love the way things are, don't change anything.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You mean there are more things beyond what I can find in the Custom Information thread?
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Goldz!~
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:45 am
This is an Issue and a Suggestion.

There have been so many amazing new stock templates made. I LOVE how much has been done, how many new things we have access to as unedited options.

That said, I probably only know maybe half of them. There were tons of things from the CYO that I saw and never knew about before. There are things that were once shown off but I don't know how much I'd have to dig to try and find them. And then there isn't a good way to reference them on a custom form.

I know the colorists here are constantly working on new templates, and I can't tell you how awesome that is. It is greatly appreciated!

But we really need a complete overhaul/update on the examples in the Custom Information form as well as the Trading Post Items and Familiars.

There are so many mane/tail options that can't be found when trying to reference for customs and others where the template has been updated and the update isn't showing up. There are some updates that are poorly shown - like the alternates for the Kelpi and Kirin which is on a separate image even though the Kelpi alternates have been incorporated into the new Kelpi listing - it still has to stay up because the Kirin alternates are not on its sheet. There are more flutter wings than are shown on the flutter image, but I wouldn't know how to track them down or what to call them.

Basically, I would love to see these updated to reflect all the wonderful options we have available.

I recommend, for ease of use, that the manes and tails be in separate images. This would allow for less space to be taken while the styles can be seen at a larger size.

I would also like to see each breed have it's own link with all the alternates available in that one image if at all possible.

I think it would be nice to have the bases be separated by male and female, so you can see the different body builds next to each other.

I know there are some restricted templates - like the Thunderbird Purewalkers, it would be nice to have somewhere the list of restricted templates.

I know what I'm asking is a lot of work. I'm hoping with all the new colorists someone would be willing to take on the project. I'd be happy to do so, but not being an employee of the shop figure that isn't an option that would be taken. But I think this would be a great help for everyone. To have everything easy to access and clearly labeled/named would make it much easier for people to know what they want and for colorists to know what they are asking for - without having to try and figure out what is an unedited trait and what isn't and then trying to get permission to reference someone's soquili in a custom request to show which thing is wanted, etc.

Thank you for your consideration.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:01 pm
I 100% agree, and would also volunteer time in updating previews for the shop, which I'm betting once hiring starts, there just might be enough staffers to get this done. ;w; emotion_bigheart  

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:12 pm
This is an excellent idea! I have volunteered to start working on it and will get them done ASAP..though..there's a lot to add, so it might still take a bit =-)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:37 pm
Yay! Awesome, Jet! biggrin I've been hoping to see a more up to date template list for a while myself, too ^.^

I think it would also be neat, on that vein, to have an announcement in the Trading Post subforum of all the familiars & items with their rarity/prices :3  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:46 pm
Awesome! Thank you so much, both for being willing to do this and the quick response.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 am
Since You can custom Familiars and put unedited items on your custom ponies I think it only makes sense to make a master image for those as well - so I've added them to the list. Currently I've got a good portion of the hair images redone (splitting manes and tails into separate images as was suggested). They have not been linked in yet but I wanted to let you guys know that progress was being made.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:41 pm
That is awesome, thank you so much for working on this!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:49 pm
Awesome idea and very awesome to see/hear that it is being worked on ^-^ Thank you Jet!  

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers