Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] Alteration to new adult / mate rule Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What should the rule be concerning new adults and mate searches?
An adult soq should be allowed to test waters and RP with romantic interests, and immediately join breedings.
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
An adult soq should be allowed to test waters and RP with romantic interests, but can not enter breedings for 2 months (after adult growth).
79%
 79%  [ 63 ]
A soq should not be allowed to test waters, RP with romantic interests, or enter breedings until 2 month since its been an adult.
11%
 11%  [ 9 ]
A soq should not be allowed to test waters, RP with romantic interests, or enter breedings for greater than 2 months since its adult growth.
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 79

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:13 pm
Hey guys, me again. xD

READ THE BOTTOM IN RED BEFORE VOTING.

This time what I'm suggesting centers around the rule that prohibits mate search for soq that are not 1 month of age. I'm not asking for this rule to be completely thrown away but, rather, amended.

As some may recall, there was once a rule prohibiting mate / single parades in-thread. I wasn't a shop goer long enough to see that rule placed, or why it had been created, but I assume it was along of the lines of mass pony-w****ing?

At any rate, you have seen that there are now many pony parades, not only for singles but for RP purposes, and "fave characters", etc.

What I'm asking is this: Amend the rule so that it only includes that a soq must be 1 month old before being allowed to be entered into breedings. (and I guess in Lover's Rock too if thats how the shop feels)

As staff probably suspect, MANY users do not abide by this rule most of the time, anyhow. AIM, YIM, PM's, etc are all used for premature mate searches--I AM BY NO MEANS suggesting that "its broken all the time, just delete it because no one listens anyhow". I'm saying that the rule is not followed because there is really no evidence that suggests its for good reasons. As far as I can tell, its an old shop rule that has been out grown by a new generation of shop goers.

In the end, I don't see that many people would immediately of mate hunting, but whats the harm in the search if they can't breed for a month? ;w;

Thanks for reading!

Edit:
In summation, I'm suggesting that soqs can mate search after they are an adult, but can not enter into breeding raffles until they are 1 months since adult growth drop.

Edit 2:
THE LIMIT IS CURRENTLY 1 MONTH, BUT THE THREAD HAS THE SAME POINT. MATE SEARCH GOOD TO GO, BUT NO BREEDING ENTRIES UNTIL 1 MONTH OLD AS AN ADULT. Please consider any mention of 2 months in the poll as 1 month. Thanks for the correction Niss 8D  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:19 pm
*raises hand* It's one month, not two months... sweatdrop There's a two month cool down between breedings. It's a one month wait from adult to hunting/entering.  

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:21 pm
xd LMAO.

Oh okay, thanks Niss~ /goes to edit the main post with that correct info/

SORRY~ 8D;;  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:24 pm
*salutes* Just wanting to make sure everyone's operating with correct information. XD  

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

Iokabrenna

Tricky Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:36 pm
I second this. I see nothing wrong with a mate search from grown-to-adult onward. They're art and there's nothing RL ***** about it. I do agree with keeping entry of pairs to one month AFTER adult growth, because logically that helps put at least a little bit of a stint to already over full breeding raffles.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:30 pm
I would agree this rule seems unnecessary ^^ as even if you found someone to pair up with your Soq on that very day you acquired it, you'd still have to wait for it to be an adult/ wait one month/ AND wait until the next breeding, which may be another month+ on top of what you've already waited. It's all just good plotting, I think.  

pinkdog

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:13 pm
-raises hand to vote- Yep, I also don't see a reason that mate searching before one month is bad =).

Or at least being able to talk about love plots before a month of being adult is over? I might not be specifically asking to find a fling for a soq, but possibly posting them in thread asking if anyone has suggestions for plots that may lead to love.

It might not seem like a difference to others, but there is a diference to me sweatdrop

Like, I can see in thread if anyone has any ideas, and then if there is, we could start the rp. That way by the time the soq IS one month old, they might be ready for it rp-wise<3.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:48 am
If I remember correctly, the rule was placed due to whoring out Soqs without even giving them the chance to develop correctly through Plot and RP.
And honestly, I agree with the rule. Having a planned lifemate when the pet is two days old seems ridiculous to me. It's as if people don't care about the character anymore and just want babies from it. It's like, "oh well I'd like for my character to be this way, but if I want them to have pretty babies I need to shape their personality around this other Soq because OMGTHEYRESOPERFECT."
And what happens when you start to RP a pet you hadn't had time to yet, and you've already life mated them, and you see this "OMG THIS ONE IS SO PERFECT FOR MY PET TOO!"?
It just seems baby hungry to me, and I'm sure it did to a lot of people then, too.  

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:33 am
Soq is not an RP-required shop, and so some people may be uninterested in RP or personality and just want the best mate aesthetics wise and that's ok if that's how they want to interact with their pets.

There should still be a minimum time before entering breedings, but yeah if people want to start looking before hand I don't see why they shouldn't. Its their pet after all.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:40 am
I guess my two cents on the matter is that from talking with various people, it's obvious that there are a fair number of people out there who plot privately and arrange mates before the soquili's been around for a month.
So, from my side, say I wait the obligatory month rule before approaching someone who has a soquili that I think is awesome and would work perfectly with one of mine who I've been looking for a mate for. I've come across more than once when that soquili, at the month mark, is already spoken for.

So it's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't. You wait the month after, say, a popular new soquili comes on the scene, there's actually a decent chance it's taken. But if you don't, you risk offending that person because "OMG they're still a baby" and they're one of the users that finds that creepy.

Ultimately, I have to agree - it's not "*****" - one they're an adult, the lineart doesn't change. That's their adult form. And besides, I'd say a fair number of soquili emerge on the scene as flatsales, games, or customs where they are already adults. It seems kind of arbitrary to make them wait a month to "be old enough" at that point. Especially when sometimes people are customing OCs, cosplays, or even MATES for existing soquili.

I'd say keep the rule about having to have been an adult in the shop for a month to actually enter breeding raffles - I agree it helps make people at least catch their breath and give the colorists a bit of a respite, but ... that's it really. I don't see the harm in LR posts, discussions in thread, etc.

And if someone really wants to get a feel for the character first, then... nothing's stopping them from saying "I'm not ready to look for mates yet." I have soquili I've had for a year or more I'm not ready to look for mates yet for.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:06 am
I do think the rule is outdated, and in my personal experience, very rarely followed if at all.

Example: My CYO plush conversion has a high probability of already being taken, because I've already planned her out--not to mention she's from a theoretical herd concept that's becoming real.

Though, I'll say, I don't think the rule is being enforced at all unless it gets out of hand. Some soq are conceived from start to finish as mates.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:24 am
Just adding a little of my own 2 cents.

I believe that as soon as a soquili is dropped as an adult- that's exactly what they are~

We don't have teenage stages or anything, it's basket-foal-adult, not basket-foal-impliedteenagerforamonth-adult. o uo;

AlexiaSilver

Welcoming Ladykiller

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:51 am
I normally don't post in these. But I will put my intake on this.

I agree that they should still have to wait a month to breeding.

But looking for plots and RPs to see if the pets work out is something that shouldn't have to wait.

It isn't like they are on the basket or foal lines. So I see nothing wrong with it. If they were on the basket or foal lines. Then I would be a bit weird-ed out. Though there are childhood friends that are raised and grow up together and then get married. So as long as it isn't said out in the open for all to see until they are adults it shouldn't matter to those not in the plots and stuffs.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:49 pm
Honestly, I'd like to see the ability to look for fling/mate/etc happen. Some of my soq I just know, know who they are, what they are looking for, etc. Some I have to rp to know. Some I never get a real good grasp on and don't mind letting them be what the owner of a potential mate needs them to be. But if I know them, I know what they're looking for. If I need to play them, sometimes the interaction with a potential mate tells me more than any other rp. And if I'm shaping them to a mate, I need to know who that is.

On the other hand, a one month wait on breeding . . . seems almost pointless. The likelyhood that it will make a difference . . . virtually non-existent. I wouldn't mind if that did move to two months as the accident in the poll wording brings to mind. But that's not what this thread is about, so that's all I'll say about that.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Grifferie

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:26 pm
I honestly wasn't aware there WAS a rule preventing looking for mates until the Soq was 1 month old. I still can't find it. >_> I found the 'don't pimp your foals', no breedings, and no LR posts...but nothing saying you can't search for mates for adult lined Soq that aren't 1 month old. I mean, I guess the rule in LR could be interpreted that way if you squint at it, but it states no 'posting personals' until one month, nothing about looking/plotting outside of LR.

I don't know what I'm missing, but if there is another batch of rules somewhere, could someone point me to them? Or do I just take things too literally?

That aside~

I understand waiting one month to enter breeding slots, and even to post on LR. Soq is not all about the breedings.

However, I don't see why looking for mates/romance plots for newly dropped adults is a problem? As long as you're not spamming people begging for things, of course. I dunno. I feel like my Soq that have been dropped as adults...are adults? Why wait a month to find possible partners? I don't RP Soq, but even if I did, I wouldn't need forced time to allow me to find their character/RP with possible mates. If that's what I want, that's what I'd do?

No one is saying you HAVE to pair your ponies up. I don't usually run off and pair them up, I have several singles that are years old, but if that's what you want to do, do it?

Plus, as others have said, some Soq are created to BE a mate to an already existing pony. It's a built in exception, and it's not fair to chastise someone for finding a lovely mate for say, a flaffle Soq, when their friend customed a mate for another Soq. They both have to wait a month until breeding, but why should one be forced to wait for love?

I dunno. I guess telling people not to find mates/romance for clearly adult ponies seems really arbitrary to me. Especially since it's not clear and hard to police.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff