Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Bill Nye's 'Reasonable Man'

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:16 am
Bill Nye's 'Reasonable Man': The Central Worldview Clash of the Ham-Nye Debate

[Working link April 8th 2016. Please notify us of broken links and inaccurate content.]  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:52 am
Do Not Judge. ''You don't know what storm

I'd be denying myself to say ''I'm trying to not let this get to me..'' but the thing is, I admired him when I was little. I loved his energy and he was one of two people that ever got through to me to teaching me about science. And I just wish we could all just get along on this.

But this is what stood out to me the most about this:

''The problem with human reason is that it, along with every other aspect of our humanity, was corrupted by the fall. This is what theologians refer to as the “noetic effects of the fall.” We have not lost the ability to know all things, but we have lost the ability to know them on our own authority and power. We are completely dependent upon divine revelation for the answers to the most important questions of life. Our sin keeps us from seeing what is right before our eyes in nature. We are dependent upon the God who loves us enough to reveal himself to us—and to give us his Word.''

I get that...

I've asked her to go through.'' ~God

Crinis

Beloved Conversationalist

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:59 am
Crinis
Do Not Judge. ''You don't know what storm

I'd be denying myself to say ''I'm trying to not let this get to me..'' but the thing is, I admired him when I was little. I loved his energy and he was one of two people that ever got through to me to teaching me about science. And I just wish we could all just get along on this.

But this is what stood out to me the most about this:

''The problem with human reason is that it, along with every other aspect of our humanity, was corrupted by the fall. This is what theologians refer to as the “noetic effects of the fall.” We have not lost the ability to know all things, but we have lost the ability to know them on our own authority and power. We are completely dependent upon divine revelation for the answers to the most important questions of life. Our sin keeps us from seeing what is right before our eyes in nature. We are dependent upon the God who loves us enough to reveal himself to us—and to give us his Word.''

I get that...

I've asked her to go through.'' ~God

You can still watch and enjoy his show. I think Ham said he enjoys his show; when he explains how smoke-detectors work and so on. The key is to keep in mind his world view, and take care that this does not affect yours negatively - compromise your faith in Christ.

The Magician's Twin: C.S. Lewis and the Case against Scientism  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:14 pm
Bill, There Is a Book Out There

About three million people watch live historic evolution/creation debate at debatelive.org  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces