Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Hogwarts Charity Date Auction

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:04 am
Hogwarts Charity Date Auction

Students 4th year and up may sign up to be auctioned for dates. Only 4th years and up will be allowed to bid. The highest bid for each auctioned person will get a date with the bidder.
All funds will go to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.

You must post your character bidding for which person they would like, Sign ups last until the 14th and each auction will last for two - three days.

This station is headed by: Head Nurse Lukas Brighton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:32 am
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas stepped up to the podium and smiled. "Step right up! Step right up! We will be beginning this Charity Date Auction soon, so better get your money ready." he said with a smile. "We have quite a wonderful bunch of students here for you to bid on. The winner gets a lovely date with one of these lovely students!" he said as he waved at the students on the stage. Hopefully this goes well. he thought with a smile.

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

Diamond Wales
heather030595
shabatha
Rawwry
IceGrayWolf

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:37 pm
Stretch out my life and pick the seams out. Take what you like, but close my ears and eyes. Watch me stumble over and over.
I had done wrong. You build your tower, but call me home. And I will build a throne. And wash my eyes out, never again.

User Image
With skin too tight and eyes like marbles. You spin me high, so watch me as I glide before I tumble homeward, homeward.
I know I tried. I was not stable, and flawed by pride. I miss my sanguine eyes, so hold my hands up. Breathe in and breathe out.

User Image

Cain adjusted his tie before stepping up, following the Head Nurse onto the stage. He had never dressed this nice before, but he really liked it. The blue-haired teen thought he looked rather dashing, especially with his nice vest and pocket watch and little cuff links. He straightened those up too, while he stood in line with the others that were to be auctioned off. Cain really liked this idea too, auctioning off a date for charity. When he heard about the event, he signed up right away, happy to help out for the cause. Most of his decisions seemed to be that way, really. Like his trying out for the Quidditch team a few years back. He just wanted to help, but he quickly picked up a liking for the game and found himself going back to try out again.

Once on stage, Cain got a little jittery. He was very excited about this. 'I hope someone bids on me. I wanna help St. Mungo's as much as I can. Oh, and make someone happy. That's important too.' he thought, running a hand through his hair. The Chaser looked out at the spectators, giving them all a charming smile and a dorky wave. Yup. Even with the suit and tie, he was still the same old Cain.
You may not trust the promises of the change I'll show.
But I'd be yours if you'd be mine. So love the one you hold.
And I'll be your goal. To have and to hold.

¸¸.•*¨*• A lover of the light! •*¨*•.¸¸xxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:33 pm
User Image☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽
So come and dance to the beat, wave your hands together
Come feel the heat, forever and forever
Listen and learn, it is time for prancing,
Now we are here, we're Caramell Dancing!

Hʟғ-Bʟ//Rɴʟ//Dɪɴɢ Dɪ Cʟʀɪss//Pʀғ//Sʀ//Vɪ-Cɪɴ

Where? -- On the Stage of the Auction at the Ball!
With? --- Cain, Other Auctioneers and Head Nurse
Feeling//OoC --- Extremely shy... Did I really let Sapphire pick out this outfit?!
Wearing --- Cupid's Ball Outfit biggrin

User Image

How did she... She slipped slightly as she stood before following Cain and the Head Nurse, Professor Brighton, onto the stage. Serafina had also signed up for this... Shayna was excited... There was no doubt that the brunette was excited but... Sapphire had helped her get ready for this. She was quite nervous and wasn't sure if she was even... Ready for something like this. She was feeling very self-aware as she walked up the stairs and onto the stage. She stood next to Cain and resisted the urge to stroke the heart around her neck.

'Oh Gosh... What am I doing! I'm so nervous... What if no one bids on any of us? What if no one bids on me?!' She thought feeling nervous and unsettled. She kept her face as calm as possible... But she was feeling extremely odd. She was excited! She was feeling pretty and was curious to see how this would go over.

User Image

User Image

Make me your Aphrodite
Make me your one and only
Don’t make me your enemy, Your enemy, Your Enemy,
So you wanna play with magic.
Boy, you should know what your falling for.

Sapphire The Owl

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:10 pm
User Image
It may sound absurd but don't be naïve
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed but won’t you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me

User Image

Jacob stood on stage, feeling nervous. Well, he did sign uo for this. Besides, who knows? He could get auctioned off to someone that he knew. Stuffing his hands in his pockets, he waved to people and waited for the auction to start.

----------------------------------
State: Nervous
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me

Socks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:39 pm
User Image
User Image

Lukas stepped up to the podium and smiled. "Well everyone it is time to begin! Our first date to auction off is Jacob Drage. This Fifth year Gryffindor is Quidditch Vice Captain and Beater, he is kind, helpful, a good friend, and always willing to protect others! We will start the bidding at 2 Galleons!" he said. he looked over the gathered crowd, smiling at the group. Hopefully this goes well. he thought with a smile.

Diamond Wales

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:02 pm
User Image

User Image
ℭompany: Cain, Jacob, Professor Brighton and Shayna.
ℑhoughts: How will this go?
ℱeeling: Excited.
ℒocation: Cupid's Ball Auction.

I see this life like a swinging vine, swing my heart across the line in my face is flashing signs, seek it out and ye shall find...

Aubrey stood on the stage with her hands clasped behind her back. She was nervous, but excited. What's the worst that could happen? Not be bid on? She could just go party on her own or find something to do. Which wasn't that difficult considering that this was Hogwarts. Bree looked over at Cain and waved slightly. Then turned her attention to Professor Brighton and Jacob, the Gryffindor about to be auctioned off.

OOC:

And I feel something so wrong, by doing the right thing, I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie. Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Standing on the stage, Serafina bit her lip as she scanned the crowd. Wow. There are a lot of students here. Taking a deep breath, she smiled genuinely at the folks, waving at them occasionally. She stood as firmly as she can, though her knees were starting to give signs of shaking. But somehow she managed to pull it away as the auction for Jacob started. Taking a swift glance, she noticed Shayna. Blinking so many times, she looked at the Ravenclaw, then to the crowd. ”Shayna!” She whispered, making sure that the people won’t hear her, and that only Shayna would—even if it’s kinda hard. ”Where’s David? Why aren’t you with him?”

O utrageous O range C oconuts: I'm sorry for the derpiness >n<

made by souffl3

shabatha
Quote:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:26 pm
User Image☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽
So come and dance to the beat, wave your hands together
Come feel the heat, forever and forever
Listen and learn, it is time for prancing,
Now we are here, we're Caramell Dancing!

Hʟғ-Bʟ//Rɴʟ//Dɪɴɢ Dɪ Cʟʀɪss//Pʀғ//Sʀ//Vɪ-Cɪɴ

Where? -- On the Stage of the Auction at the Ball!
With? --- Cain, Other Auctioneers and Head Nurse
Feeling//OoC --- Extremely shy... Did I really let Sapphire pick out this outfit?!
Wearing --- Cupid's Ball Outfit biggrin

User Image

Shayna glanced over as she heard her name when Jacob started being auctioned off. Serafina was also helping? Shayna smiled thanking whatever creator there might have been that at least one of her friends was there. She smiled slightly before returning the whisper. "I'm just helping. Saint mungos needs some funding. Well I want to help... I actually don't know. I didn't tell him I was part of this so I don't really think that he's even here yet. But he should understand... I hope." She whispered back. She looked around the giant room, hoping to spot him but only found his sister. She sighed quietly and listened to the bids or lack of for Jacob.

User Image

User Image

Make me your Aphrodite
Make me your one and only
Don’t make me your enemy, Your enemy, Your Enemy,
So you wanna play with magic.
Boy, you should know what your falling for.

Sapphire The Owl

IceGrayWolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:26 pm
User Image
Bow made love to needy string
In cooing fling - wanton whispers
Fondled under pianissimos,
Caressing callous hearts.

User Image

Miles shifted anxiously, bouncing on the balls of his feet as he observed the crowd while the auction started. To be truthful, he hardly knew any of the people up with him, with maybe the exception of Cain. And that was because he was in his house. Well, if nothing else, he felt awkward right now, but only because everyone was a year ahead of him here. Sighing, he tugged on the collar around his neck and looked around. Considering what the auction was for, he wanted to do it. If no other reason, than well, maybe it would help save lives.

-----♫♩♬♪♫♪-----
Thinking: Well, here goes nothing...
OOC: Please remember that all money should be reasonable for the characters. Here is a link to a converter to give you an idea of how much it is.
-----♫♩♬♪♫♪----

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And all in a work of musical art:
Ephemeral stories, yarned of music
Honed impossibly through her tones.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

Honesty didn't get me αиÿฬђєгє,
                                                            I know cause I яεα∂ it in your diary.
                                                            Take a ριи¢н of ṡαℓτ with every word that I ṡαÿ

Jaslyn saw that her best friend was up for auction and gasped. He was her best friend! She wouldn't allow for someone else to have him for an entire night without her around! That wasn't fair. He was her best friend! Hers! She huffed and crossed her arms, chewing on her lip as she decided what to do. There was only one answer! She would have to outbid everyone else. It wasn't like it would be that hard. She had a lot of family money stored up. She never touched it except to buy herself a meager meal when she absolutely needed it.

2 galleons? That was nothing. She thought about it for a second or two before deciding the best plan of action. If she bid high enough on the first time.... maybe everyone else would just give up right away!
                                                            "I bid 10 galleons Professor Brighton!" She called out in her ever soft and yet somehow loud (at the moment) voice.

All I ฬคภҭ is to feel αℓινε but I'm dying on the ιиṡι∂ε.
                                                            And I've wasted all my ҭเ๓є just waiting on a ¢øмρяøмιṡε
                                                            State the øвνιøυṡ, there's nothing more I ca ṡαÿ.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:26 pm
User Image
User Image

Lukas heard Jaslyn call out a bid of 10 galleons. He smiled and looked around. "Okay we have 10 Galleons, 10 galleons anyone else? Do I hear 11 Galleons? 11 Galleons for a date with this fine young man." he called out to the crowd. Lets see. he thought as he waited.

Diamond Wales

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:40 pm
User Image
User Image

Lukas smiled. "Well then. 10 Galleons going once. Going Twice. Going Three times." he looked out over the crowd, smacked down the wooden gavel and spoke. "Sold to Jaslyn Ross for 10 Galleons!" he called out with a smile. This is going well. he thought with a grin. "Next up, we have Miles McLellan, this fourth year Hufflepuff, loves to crack jokes and will have you laughing all night. His friendly and cheerful ways will put you right at ease with him!" he said with a smile.

Diamond Wales
XxXDevil-Chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:12 pm
Once AGAIN I'm SITTING on the MOON
It's TOO LATE to FOLLOW me NOW
I STAY in FRONT of MANY YEARS
A GLITTERING SILENCE that nobody KNOWS
Let me SHINE, let me SMILE
Let me KISS the SKY
Let me SHINE, let me SMILE
And TELL ME, tell me WHY?

Nobody else believes it: Embarrassed
If nobody else can reach it: ...
Take a deep breath now: Crowd
And sit on the moon next to me: Auction

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | S I X T H Y E A R User Image

Newlyn had no idea why she was here. Well, she had some idea why she was here. She just was trying not to think very hard about it. Flushed redder than she had ever been in her entire life, she half raised a hand, wavering. Oh, do something crazy for once! "12 Galleons!" she called out, trying to keep the hesitation out of her voice. What if someone bid higher? She hoped they didn't. She did? What was she thinking? Had the punch been spiked?

MUSIC in the SOUL can be HEARD by the UNIVERSE.

Sir Spazalots

Diamond Wales

Do you REALLY want to LEARN TO FALL?
EVERYTHING is within TIME
EVERYTHING I can FIND
Do you REALLY want to LEARN TO FALL?
EVERYTHING feels ALIVE
RIP the STARS from my WORLD
FEEL me NOW, 'cause EVERYTHING is ALIVE
Even MEANS I can FLY

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew