Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Cupid's Ballroom Dance Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:24 am
Cupid's Ballroom Dancing

A large section of the Great Hall has been changed to a ballroom for this event. With a full orchestra playing, this gives a nice opportunity to dance with your date.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:27 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Fair at the Cupid's Ballspace
CURRENTLY // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, this is going to be so much fun!' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ I'm trying to remember why I was afraid
To be myself and let the covers fall away.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceAdalaide entered the Great Hall, eyes wide and bright with excitement. The last time she'd gone to a Ball, it hadn't turned out so well; but, this one was happening at the school, so surely things couldn't go quite so horribly? She thought that, if things went well, she might finally get her dance. She'd originally been rather put out at word of the Cupid's Ball; the event being hosted at the school had implied, at least to her, that it was open to students and faculty only, meaning that she would have to attend alone. It would be the return trip to Hogwarts all over again, her friends meeting up with their boyfriends and girlfriends while she stood there, tiny and quiet and alone. But, then she'd discovered that non-students were welcome to attend as the date of a student! It'd been the best news the Hufflepuff could've received. She had, of course, told Chris about it, and was incredibly excited that he was coming. Although, she had to admit, the prospect of her friends being able to see them together was a bit... disquieting. Damien and Marina and Nell were all dying to shove their noses into her love life (or at least, that was the impression she'd gotten when they'd all found out she had one at all). She did hope that Chris wasn't made to feel uncomfortable by them... the typically passive Hufflepuff would hex their noses off of their faces if they did anything. Let that teach them to mind their own business. And she'd be damned if they made him leave; the lot of them would be getting a piece of her mind if they did. In the meantime... she shifted back and forth on her heels, her eyes roving. He wouldn't be too hard to spot, really... but she did want to find him as soon as he arrived. Mainly because it would be a lot easier for her to see him than it would be for him to see her. She did tend to disappear in a crowd. Or... not. Would he be able to catch her scent as easily in a crowd? She had no idea... Well, the point was, they'd be able to find each other... somehow.

❀ ❀ ❀ I guess I never had someone like you
                                                          To help me, to help me fit in my skin
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:32 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Racy at the Cupid's Ballspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Slyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I don't know who yet, but someone... someone is dancing with me.' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Hello again, friend of a friend, I knew you when
Our common goal was waiting for the world to end
ஒ ஒ ஒ

spaceGypsy stepped out towards the dance floor with an almost predatory gleam in her eye. The third year was more than a bit peeved about being a year too young to volunteer in the auction (after all, who wouldn't want to go on a date with her?) and was compensating by swearing to herself that it was only a matter of minutes before she had some guy hooked on her arm and dancing with her. She tossed her bright-pink hair over her shoulder, smirking. She looked hot. The outfit was a bit too fluffy for her usual taste, but then, this was a ball, after all. Ans she'd managed a bit of edge to it as well, so no harm done. The best part was her makeup; her usually pink eyes were, at least for the night, a deep, bright blue, to accent the pink and black eyeshadow and lips. She'd spent a fair amount of time playing with the look; the black heart was a moment of mischief. Being a painter made her unusually good with a makeup brush, at least compared to the norm for girls her age. She'd ensured that she looked as appealing as possible, while still being age appropriate; it wouldn't do to get kicked out before she could have her fun, after all. The third year stood, shoulders back, hip popped out, in a pose that screamed, 'come get me.' Her eyes roamed, looking for a boy to drag onto the floor. She couldn't even consider that he wouldn't want to dance with her, whoever he may be. She was a catch, after all.

ஒ ஒ ஒ Now that the truth is just a rule that you can bend
                                                          You crack the whip, shape-shift and trick the past again.
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:47 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Frowning some at Ronna's comment, he shook his head, "You are a great person Ronna. Don't let it be seen otherwise." Victor then grinned, "Besides...Everyone deserves a chance to repent their mistakes. So if you are trying hard to change, I don't see why you should be heckled for it." He then winked some as he continued down the hall after she hooked her arm around his, "Are you sure?" When she said she would hex him otherwise he giggled again, "Alright then...."

Entering the main event and the ballroom floor, Victor gazed around at the full orchestra and the couples that had begun to dance. Still holding onto Ronna's arm he grinned some, "Well....Ze best have arrived, oui?" Victor commented to Ronna half-jokingly as he turned around and grinned, bowing some, "May I have zis dance, madame Ronna?"

This was fun...Everything looked happy enough in here and maybe it would work out for Ronna and she'd find someone!

....He hoped she would at least.

I feel happy you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Hmm.....Ballroom music."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud third year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:05 pm
User ImageUser Image
In Company of: Victor
[Wearing:Outfit for the Cupid's Ball with a yellow rose in her hair from Victor]

Hmm... it looks like we are a bit early. Gypsy is here, why is she alone? I thought she would have been with Jer? Was it something to do with them being out of sorts when they came into Wandlore?

Ronna rolled her eyes at Victor's comment, she figured he would brush off her claims. She wondered if she should come clean about what she dismissed as a silly passing school girl crush on Crash where when she had sort-of blurted it out she did it in the least tactful way possible and had thrown an apple at him. Of course, he probably had said some of the most insulting things to her she had ever heard when he left on the Knight bus, but she did start it.

"Speak for yourself," Ronna laughed when Victor said about the best having arrived as they entered the ballroom that was fairly entered. When he turned around and bowed to her she said dramatically managing the slightest hint of the accent of a Southern Belle from America as portrayed on televisions and movies-it probably helped that she had lived so close to Dover which did occasionally get its fair share of tourists, "Oh, but sir, I must confess, my sheltered upbringing kept me from learning how to properly dance with a man. You must lead. I only learned some ballet, after all. Father would be scandalized by the idea of me attending a ball with such a handsome gent..."

She burst out laughing and curtseyed slightly to him as she took her hand, as she at least knew that much and stepped closer and said quietly back to her normal accent, after all the fake accent wasn't particularly impressive or good in the end and she wasn't very good at playing the whole damsel in distress, "Seriously, though Victor, I don't really know ballroom dancing all that much. Six months of ballet classes can only get you so far. I apologize in advance if I step on your foot, though, I doubt I'm that clumsy..."

User Image

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:20 pm
User Image

User Image
Let me be renewed."

Victor had to smile at Ronna's fake accent and speaking, it was hilarious...see? Why couldn't she have someone she liked? She deserved one~ It was only fair. When Ronna curtseyed after her bout of laughter, he grinned, "Hmm....I guess ze great waltz is out then, oui?" Victor replied jokingly before grinning, "Don't worry about stumbling a bit Ronna~ I'll lead you well, oui?"

Guiding Ronna's arms to the proper placement and stretching his arm out with hers he grinned, "Just remember....123...123...123...pause then 1...2..." He may as well show her the basic steps, "It's quite simple really....Just imagine your floating across ze floor, oui?"

Victor then began to move, dancing slowly at first so Ronna could get the hang of the dance steps.

I feel calm you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Hee...I don't mind teaching~"
I am a proud third year

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
[Wearing:Outfit for the Cupid's Ball with a yellow rose in her hair from Victor]

Yeah, laugh it up Frenchman at the clutzy small-town Brit...

"Oh, I wouldn't rule anything out, I'm a stubborn person and a quick learner," Ronna answered Victor in regards to a waltz. "And if I was able to run from the Gryffindor Common room to the first floor in heels I don't think stumbling a bit is that big of a deal for me, unless you suck at leading, of course?" She added with a smile.

Ronna focused and counted the steps out, the instructions reminded her quite distinctly of her punishment for breaking the neighbor boy's nose where her Dad had her spend six months in ballet classes learning to be more 'poised'. Okay, so it probably wasn't such a good idea for Officer Doyle to have taught her as a kid how to properly punch someone, especially considering he had done competitive boxing.

Smiling as she followed the simple steps she said, "Floating... like hovering on a broom without having to worry about bludgers or calculate anything. No offense to your company, but how is this considered fun? I mean the steps are kind of repetitive.... what else are you supposed to be thinking about?" She was an impatient person and staying busy tended to keep her happier, if she wasn't she usually felt lazy she found, even if what she was doing wasn't seen as traditionally productive.

User Image

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:42 pm
User Image

User Image
Let me be renewed."

Victor watched calmly as Ronna got a hold of the steps, smiling a bit at her counting them out. When she seemed more comfortable with the steps he quickened the pace so they were more at ease with the way the dance usually was.

"Hm? I would say....zis would be less fun and more.....how you say?" Victor thought for a moment, "More..proper, oui?" Victor thought for a moment more as he listened to the want of having more fun, "Hmm....I guess I could teach some tricks, no?" With a nod he smiled, "This time it is a bit more of a quick pace....it's a 1 2, 1 2 1 2...pause...1 2 3...twirl and lean."

Guiding Ronna along he smiled as he twirled her once and dipped her back, "....Simple, oui?"

I feel happy you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Hm....fun..."
I am a proud third year

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

More proper... proper seems so boring... okay notching it up is a little better.

"Proper? God, my mother ditched my Dad and me before I turned one and I was raised by an eternal bachelor... I don't think proper fits in my vocabulary," Ronna said rolling her eyes. "I can handle stepping it up a notch. I'm always ready for a challenge," She added with a wicked smile.

She followed Victor's lead concentrating, a small furrow forming between her brows as the pace quickened and the numbering was changed up into a different pattern. It was still fairly repetatively until he said pause and then '1 2 3... twirl and lean'. She followed his direction, the bottom of her skirt fluttering around her black tight-ed legs and her eyes widened a bit as he dipped her back, she wasn't quite expecting the move. She had to admit Victor was smooth.

She looked up at him from being dipped back and said sounding not entirely convincing, "Yeah... totally simple. Why wouldn't it be?" She got up and said with a laugh, "What did you have ballroom dancing classes or something as a kid? I feel like your pet project to turn into a lady now."

User Image

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:42 pm
User Image

User Image
Let me be renewed."

Victor grinned as he continued the dance, used to the dancing. This event actually reminded him of his mother's parties and social events, which made him frown slightly, but then he remembered it was just a normal ball and he wouldn't have to be a showpiece. So everything was perfectly alright.

When Ronna replied about it being simple he smiled, "Hmm...." After a couple of more twirls and one last dip he went back to the slightly softer dance they were doing earlier, "Well...Remember how I said I was of nobility?" He thought for a moment, not breaking the hold at all, "This was...the thing to teach the kids and such."

Victor nodded, "Along with the general music lessons, etiquette lessons, language and table placement." He giggled, "It's why I like Hogwarts, I don't have to be a noble here. I'm just like everyone else."

I feel calm you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Being high class....wasn't all that fun really."
I am a proud third year

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:00 pm
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
And the bullets catch in her teeth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺
Tanya sighed gustily as she looked over at her friend tapping her bright red heel impatiently. Both second years had gussied up for the evening for the Cupid Ball, which apparently was a new thing that never happened before and was going to be completely awesome, and this...this...doofus was lollygaging! She understood he had problems being in the spotlight, and dressing formally, and generally just being a people person but this was a party! A ball! And she was going to ensure that he spent it not clinging to the sidelines or to the hallways outside the ballroom. So, while his back was turned do to his incessantly annoying pacing, she grabbed both his hand and his upper bicep and began dragging him into the room. "You have all year to bemoan the fact that you're slightly antisocial but right now you are going to dance with me and that's final! Got that?!" Tanya said rather forcefully still dragging him until they were a good ways into the room where if the Ravenclaw turned and ran all eyes would be upon him. With a bright smile now that her (sort of) plan had worked she held out her hand and gave a surprisingly shy smile. "Could I please have this dance which we both know will end slightly horribly and your toes probably mangled?" she asked sweetly.

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

Cara MiaKitty

WearingWhere: Cupid BallWith: EchoThinking: Get in here and dance with me NOWOOC:

So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

Was of nobility? But didn't the French kill all their nobility during the French revolution? Maybe he's using the term loosely and just means high society?

"To think I just got to learn things like how to throw a proper punch, some basic martial arts and defensive tactics, and talk law and legal procedures over the kitchen table. Actually, when I was little, I didn't realize it till I was like seven every bedtime story my Dad told me was actually a legal hypo or actual legal case," Ronna said with a smile. "I probably could have done with some etiquette lessons, though. Well, I probably still can."

"The advantage for Hogwarts for me is I don't have to deal with the small town politics like back home," She said. "Everyone knows everyone back home. It's kind of annoying. And, people get bored so some people like to pick the juiciest bit of gossip they can find. Between the dentist's eldest son getting busted again and again by my Dad and his colleagues for stupid crap like underage drinking and him getting bailed out by his parents and the fact my Dad did have a wife that pretty much disappeared off the grid leaving him with a girl to raise my street has all of Hawkinge covered. Unfortunately, the idiot son didn't start pulling that stuff back until about the time I got my letter for Hogwarts."

"The problem is my personality isn't really all that adaptable. I'm stubborn and I don't think before I say things," Ronna said with a smile. "Sure the location and people change but how much can you change yourself? I think I'm better at making people hate me than like me, Victor. Why do you even bother with me? I'm sure you could have found some other platonic date that's way better than me until you get to your real objective."

User Image

Squeeky Luff

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:44 pm
User Image
Echo is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Dapper at the Cupid's Ballspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Tanyaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Uncomfortablespacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Wha- why would she... Why me?' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceEcho had been alternating between standing and pacing just outside the Great Hall, and had been content to do so for the entirety of the night. The only reason he was downstairs at all and not cloistered up in his Common Room with his nose in a book or working on homework was because his sister had insisted he accompany her down. He cursed whichever of the founders it was that decided it was perfectly acceptable for girls to be able to enter the boy's dorms; if there were a proper gender equality at this school, he'd be safe up in his room. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. He'd barely suppressed the urge to call out in shock when Tanya had grabbed him, and had an even harder time trying to make his footsteps match with hers rather than allowing her to literally drag him through the doors. At least he could be somewhat dignified, he thought, scowling, his head tipping forward so that the brim of his hat would hide at least part of his face. He flushed and stammered all the way out to the dance floor, not realizing until it was too late just where she was taking him. He'd assumed, however optimistically, that she would take him to a table to eat first; apparently, she had other plans. He cast his sister a frightened look as they walked past, but she only winked and blew him a kiss. He'd been a fool to expect pity from her, of course. He sighed when Tanya insisted that he dance with her, glaring slightly. "I'm not antisocial! I have friends!" he insisted, a fact that was rather silly of him to bring up with her given that she was, in fact, his friend. He sighed, blowing a gust of air from his lips and sighing. He couldn't tell if she thought their dance would end horribly because of her own inability, or an assumption of his. He actually did know how to dance; hard not to, with a mother like his. He offered her a hand, still glaring slightly, but at least smiling a bit. "Yes, you may have this dance. And don't worry about mangled toes; it's all in the leading," he told her. He doubted very much if Tanya were really so awful a dancer that she could mangle his feet. He at least had a basic knowledge of what he was doing, after all, so as long as she let him lead, they should be fine.

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ And the red queen's off with her head
                                                          Remember what the dormouse said.
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:48 pm
User Image

User Image
Let me be renewed."

Victor listened as Ronna began her own tale, albeit hers was very different. He continued the dance, keeping hold and continuing the twirls as he listened, "...I'd probably like to live like zat. High class society isn't all zat great....Sometimes I even wish I was born into a lower class family." He then blinked, "As for nobility...Let's say it's a broad term for me."

When Ronna started to get down on herself, Victor felt his pleasant expression fall, as he slowly became serious and nodded some, "As you said....You may be stubborn...but zat's usually why you got into Gryffindor right? It's admirable sometimes." He did a quick change of step so Ronna was on the other side, before dipping her again, "...I bother with you because you are my friend. Whether you think zat's good or bad isn't up to me...but...You do try to change, or at least I hear zat you are trying to, and as long as someone changes, why should people hold grudges for zat person's past?"

When she commented on a better platonic date, until Del showed up, Victor shook his head, "You are quite capable. You just need to shine." As the music slowed he dipped Ronna once more before nodding as he shifted some.

I feel serious you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Hmm..."
I am a proud third year

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

Why should people hold grudges about the past? Because that's what society does?

Ronna listened as Victor talked and as usual spun a silver lining on everything she said. And, he gave the typical vague answer of that he put up with her because he was her friend but that never exactly explained how they fell into being friends anyways. Of course he was friends with a lot of people, hard not to be when you had his temperament.

She let him lead her in the more advance steps, the occasional twirls and dips. Just as the music he said that she was quite capable that she just needed to shine before dipping him in time to the music. She didn't have natural rhythm but she could keep up with his. Suddenly the words went through her head and she pushed him back as she stood up and stepped away a half step and crossed her arms and raised a brow. "Ah, I was right, you are up to... well I'm not sure what but something besides just looking for your own prospects," Ronna said. She didn't actually sound all that annoyed more like she had sort have seen it coming-after all she had been a bit out of sorts in mood this year since she still hadn't confronted everything she needed to from before and owned up to her previous mistakes.

She rolled her eyes, "Seriously, what does 'you just need to shine' even mean? I do well enough in all my classes. I am decent at flying and in the beater position at least... not great by far but okay. And, you already said I'm working on trying to change so..." She let out a sigh and noticed the music still playing and held out her hand and said, "I guess you can explain this to me while we dance and keep an eye out for a certain blonde. I mean that is the point of this whole ball right, dancing? And I guess I can follow someone without any problems-at least when it comes to ballroom dancing."

User Image

Squeeky Luff

Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas