Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Cupid's Dinner Banquet Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:30 am
Cupid's Dinner Banquet

Many duo person table set up around the Great Hall, as well as several larger tables for groups of 4, 8, or 10.
These tables surround the dance floor and are covered in red, pink, and white table coverings and decorations.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:33 pm
And when the daylight comes I'll have to go
But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close
Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own
But tonight I need to hold you so close

Here I am staring at your perfection
In my arms, so beautiful
The sky is getting bright, the stars are burning out
Somebody slow it down

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Seventh Year Captain, 𝔅eater

User Image

”My neck itches,” he complained, and happily at that, while he was still alone. He surely wouldn’t have the chance to indulge in the presence of his girlfriend, not when the object of such ire had just so happened to be the gift that had been laid out on his bed. If it hadn’t been for Damien’s very clever disappearing act, Dom would have never been the wiser. The collar was high and buckled loose; the black leather framed his neck and kept it hidden from view. Zippers clinked off the vest, up and down at an angle and left and right across his chest, a pocket that was sooner to bite his fingers than store anything useful. It was, tight, and hot, and he’d never worn leather before, not really. He doubted the leather oxfords had doubted, but still.

"And I'm early," he realized with a grumble. It was typical of him, other than being a man and a Slytherin that never had to get lost on the grand staircase to reach the ground floor, where most of the events and activities had occurred, he was just always either really early, or really late. This Valentine's, however, he was early and he felt…awkward, different, just out of place. He shifted nervously, every ounce of discomfort evident in his features.

Dominic was sure a huge reason was because of this vest; hell, he already felt he could borderline the gray shades of homosexuality. But now he just felt… Like he was asking to dive off the gray side and plummet into whatever side theirs would be. Probably white, he thought offhandedly and then grimaced.

Never. Again…That thought…Never. Again.

But the other main reason for the embarrassment that crept rouge behind his ears had been the massive box of chocolates tucked under a leisure arm and the stringed balloons that floated high above his head into the enchanted ceiling. Her actual gift was small enough; a black velvet box tucked in the pocket of his trousers, but he wouldn’t have such luck with the balloons—even if he tried to enchant his pockets larger—they might pop. And what if that hurt?

Oh look, a cupcake, he grinned and snatched the sugary morsel from the table of refreshments and lingered along in the banquet hall. He was almost positive they’d agreed to meet at the ballroom, but—it wasn’t like she couldn’t find him, right? It was a big table, and empty, and he was the only one milling around so far… And, he was hungry! So whatever...

He's wearing the damn vest, isn't he?

"I should have worn my other dark trousers with this shirt.. Hrm.."

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 165lbs ☣ Age: 17
Her gift
The Black Vest
╚═══════════════════╝

xXxDevil-Chan

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:04 pm
User Image
Heart still beating but it's not working
It's like a hundred thousand voices that just can't sing
I reached out trying to love but I feel nothing
Oh, my heart is numb

User Image

Rick approached the banquet as he entered the hall, feeling a bit conspicuous for being there. After all, he wouldn't be in the utfit he was in if it wasn't for being invited to the ball. However, Cait had wanted to go, and well, he didn't feel right denying her this. Not with the roller coaster that her relationships had been in the past. Now, he just felt like everyone was staring at him. They probably weren't, but the animagus still felt like it. Taking a few calming breaths, he spotted a familiar face at the table, and made a beeline to it. He had a feeling that Cait would find her way over, if for no other reason than Dom would probably be meeting Gracie here. Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair, trying not to think on what had happened so far in the year.

"Umm, hey Dom. Waiting for Gracie?" He doubted that it just sounded awkward in his head, but he couldn't think of anything else to say. Deciding shove it, he grabbed a cup and got some punch, already keenly aware he was just doing it so he wouldn't fidget. Merlin, he needed to stop this.

----------------------------------
Thinking: Oh, I am going to fall on my face, I know it...
OOC: Gift for Cait

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm feeling better ever since you know me
I was a lonely soul but that's the old me
A little wiser now from what you've shown me
Yeah, I feel again

Jinx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:47 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Dashing at the Cupid's Ballspace
CURRENTLY // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Dom and Rickspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What the bloody hell is Dom wearing...?' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳ The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful stop me and steal my breath.
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky, never revealing their depth.
∳ ∳ ∳
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDamien had spotted Dominic easily enough, and, given that Marina had not yet made an appearance, opted to join his best mate in waiting for their girlfriends. He watched Rick Drage sit down next to Dom as well, and his expression grew surprised for a moment before he covered it with the usual calm. He hadn't known the Rick and Dom knew one another, outside of lessons, of course. But then, maybe they didn't. Rick was always rather quiet; to be honest, Damien was surprised to even see him here. Sitting with a familiar face, even if it was one you only knew from sharing lessons, had to be better than sitting alone. He joined the pair with a light smile, sitting one chair over from Dom, figuring he should leave one open for Grace. He offered them both a small wave. "Evening," he said gently, his eyes flicking between the pair before landing on Dom and going wide with surprise and amusement. He'd been so shocked to see Rick sitting with him that he hadn't paid attention to Dominic until his moment, his hand went to his mouth and he fought to keep from laughing. "Dominic, mate, what in Merlin's name are you wearing? Is that... leather?" His eyes narrowed in amusement, his mouth in a wide grin. The Slytherin shook his head, clapping Dom on the shoulder. "Let me guess... Grace? You called me weird because Marina got me in jeans and sneakers and you're wearing a bloody leather vest. Priceless." He fought to keep from bursting out laughing. He had a right to be so amused, after all; Dom had acted like his wearing jeans was somehow the strangest thing he'd ever seen when they'd met in Diagon summer before last. And they'd just been out at Diagon Alley; this was a bloody ball, something that was at least semi-formal, and Dom had shucked his usual dress robes and suit for a leather vest? Damien wanted to die laughing.

∳ ∳ ∳ I'll be your crying shoulder, I'll be love's suicide
                                                          I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life.
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:19 pm
User Image
Amata is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Whimsical at at the Cupid's Ballspace
CURRENTLY // fancying Grayson Powellspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Amusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This is rather lovely, isn't it?' spacespac

დ დ დ The rain is fallin' on my windowpanes
But we are hiding in a safer place.
დ დ დ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceAmata, dressed in what she was fairly certain was the fluffiest dress she could've possibly selected, approached one of the two-person tables in the Great Hall with a smile. She honestly wasn't sure if Grayson would be here tonight, but she was determined to enjoy herself, regardless. Even if her enjoyment came specifically from eating and watching her favorite students have a good time with their own boyfriends and girlfriends. She noticed Damien Edgeworth sitting at a table with two other boys, his friends, she assumed, probably waiting with them for their dates. And Adalaide Blythe, standing out on the dance floor, looking like she was waiting for someone. The Mythology professor's eyes flashed with curiosity; not that she was given to gossip, but a person would have to be deaf to miss out on all the rumors about the students (and professors, she admitted). And besides, she did pay attention when her own students were mentioned; if only because she cared, she assured herself. But it'd been a while since she'd heard anything about Adalaide's romantic life... she'd have to watch the child, then. Other than that, she didn't yet see many of her own students, if any. Ah, well. She'd keep her eyes peeled. If nothing else, she did like seeing to it that they were all enjoying themselves, she thought, grabbing a cupcake with a smile. It was going to be a lovely night, she decided.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          დ დ დ Under covers staying dry and warm
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore.
                                                          დ დ დ

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:25 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Second Year

Theo found himself sitting at a table...alone...completely hungry, not really knowing why he had came here. He actually had been looking for one girl. The one girl that he has been thinking about all week during classes, but haven't gotten much time to see. He really wanted to see her, but first he would have to find her, which was hard enough to do. He sat there, eying the crowd, searching for the one face. He passes through many people on the way, but didn't really know any of them. He did see Ronna and...Victor? maybe. Theo never could remember the boy with the pink hair's name. The kid seemed to be leading Ronna in what seemed like a pretty well done dance. Impressive...he could only imagine what it would take to get the Gryffindor girl to dance that well. Theo really had no idea, but he assumed Ronna wasn't a dancer at any point of her life, but that was an assumption of course. And of course, what would a dance without Ronna be without her babbling on about something. She always seemed to be talking...a lot.

Theo, taking a sip of what seemed to be fruit punch, kept looking through the place, hoping to meet those dark brown eyes during his search. He was dressed fairly well for once. His father had sent him a sharp suit, jacket, and tie upon request. The jacket and pants were jet-black, the under-shirt a light pink, and a black bow tie. At this point, he felt like James Bond. But, unlike him, James Bond could always find his target, which he quite frankly, was failing at.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

kiska166

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:35 pm
Iñigo Lazaro Albion-Alexandré

User Image

House: Ravenclaw{|}Seer{|}First Year

Yes, he showed up, but did he want to...not really. He was never one for Valentines Day. His father always called the holiday idiotic and for fools who do not treat their partner with respect everyday like they should. He also said it is the reason for divorce. Well, not directly, but conceptually...rather, the lack of respect during all the other days of the year drove them to divorce. Iñigo still however decided to show up in garb sent to him by his grandfather, who lived in Madrid. He figured he would make an appearance and see what happens.

He sat there to himself, eating, not really knowing what to do but stay in this little corner to himself and watch the other kids completely fail at dancing, one trade that he practically inherited from birth. If you are Spanish, and of a pureblood family, you must learn to dance many different styles. So, he practically mastered the art of partner dancing. He also wondered if he would find some nice girl here for him to dance with here.

“There is no death. Only a change of worlds.”

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:21 pm
User Image
You are the melody that plays through my veins
Over and over, again and again
Your sweet affection, I know it won't change

════════════════════════
𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕙 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 || 𝔾𝕣𝕪𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕣 || ℭ𝕙𝕒𝕤𝕖𝕣
════════════════════════

Caitlin fixed her hair and readjusted her dress one last time before deciding it was the best she was gonna get. She chewed her lip anxiously before she could stop herself, even though she knew it could potentially ruin her makeup. Cait wrung her fingers behind her back as she walked into the Great Hall and let her eyes roam around the room. The decorating was nice, but that wasn't really what she was looking for. The Gryffindor was looking for Rick. She was aware he didn't really want to come, but she had convinced him to, for the sake of the holiday. Caitlin wasn't sure if he would show up early or if he'd come when he would be sure that she was there already. But when she caught sight of his red hair, she knew he was there before she was.

Cait walked toward his hair, her hands tightly clasped behind her back, unsure about this whole ball thing. Sure, she liked dressing up, but they could have found other things to do instead of dancing. In front of people. She flicked herself for having second thoughts. She wanted to do this and she was going to go through with it. Caitlin walked to where Rick was sitting with his friends. Well, Dominic and his friend...The one dating Nell's ginger friend...Marina? Yes, Marina and Damien. Rick was sitting with Dominic and Damien. That was sort of odd, but what was even odder was Dominic's choice in clothing. Damien looked...well put together and well, Rick looked very, very handsome, if she were to properly put it. And he looked a bit awkward, sitting there and talking. She wasn't very sure how well he knew either of them,
"Hi," She grinned at the group, trying to catch Rick's eye. They could go somewhere else if he'd feel more comfortable, "Nice vest you've got there, Dominic," She smirked at him before realizing he had called him by his real name. Cait looked around for Gracie before turning to her best friend's boyfriend, "Don't tell her I know your name, yeah?"

════════════════════════
OOC: Gift for Rick

A song would last for ever
Further than the sky above
For ever on, cause this is love

User Image

Diamond Wales

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:35 pm
I'll keep you safe, as safe as I can
When all of the enemies around us
Have other plans
I pray we don't break; in unsteady hands
I swear, if you call I will come
So quick, I am at your command
As long as I live, as long as I'm breathing
You will be safe, as long as we're dreaming

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED

PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SEVENTH YEAR PREFECT AND HEAD GIRL
BRITISH YOUTH REPRESENTATIVE TO THE WIZENGAMOT
User Image
Nothing is as it seems: Amused | But we'll make it through this: What is Dominic wearing?! | I know that we will: Damien, Dominic, Rick, and Caitlin | You've got to be quick now, we're chasing uphill: Banquet

Marina sighed right before entering the room and adjusted one of her heels for what seemed to be the millionth time. She never minded Valentine's day, per say, but it was widely known she wasn't the greatest fan of sappy romantic gestures and things like balls. Seeing as the last time she'd been to one, people had died and all. But Damien had coaxed her into coming and it would be horrible of her not to show. Also, he'd probably just find her and drag her back with him anyways. A barrette was clipping back some of her red curls, but most of her hair hung around her shoulders and face as usual. She'd caved and done her eyes and lips and nails as well, since she might as well go all out, right? She was wearing the dress and necklace he had gotten her as a gift- though she hadn't realized just how short it might be... But he'd probably suspected it would show off her long legs, and, well, it did. Her brown eyes spotted her boyfriend, standing with Dominic who was in... some sort of leather vest, now she was fighting to keep a smirk off her face, as well as Rick and Caitlin, who she'd heard were dating now or something. She raised her hand in greeting as she approached, very nearly tripped, but managed to get a hand on a chair before it was obvious that she didn't have much experience in heels. Smooth. She quickly sat next to her boyfriend, crossing her legs, and smiled at the rest. "Hello, everyone." And then she couldn't help herself. "Trying out a new style, Dominic?" she asked, and kept her lips in a firm line to prevent herself from snickering, before she turned her attention to Damien, kissing him on the cheek. "You look exceptionally sharp," she told him honestly, smoothing down her dress.

I've got your hand tight in mine; keep strong this time.

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja

Diamond Wales

Rawwry

Just close your eyes
Everything's gonna be just fine
You can peek on the other side
Say you'll keep still, as still as can be
Don't get caught in the chaos surrounding us
Trust that we're coming out clean
'Cause I'm on your side, it's just you and me
Even when everything is falling to pieces

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:11 pm
User Image

User Image

☭ Halfblood ☭ Seventh Year ☭ Dating Dominic Montague ☭ Vampire ☭

Baby get up ๏קєภ. your eyes ภ๏ฬ.
                                                            While we make вεℓιενε That this will last ƒøяενεя.
                                                            -------------------------------------①. . . ②. . . ③. . . ☭

Gracie pranced into the ballroom and it was rather empty. Empty enough for her vampiric hearing to catch Cait mutter 'don't tell her I know your name'. Priceless. Gracie giggled and slid over to the rather awkward group of boys and her best friend with a sly smirk. "Good to know you know his name Bird." She sang, giggling and kissing her best friend's cheek before looking over Dominic a couple times. She was fighting the urge to laugh.... but the smile was already peeking onto her lips. She could no believe her boyfriend had actually taken her seriously. Come on!

Before she knew it the laughter had escaped and she flopped into the chair next to him, giggling madly. She quickly shed her own leather jacket, which she adored and rocked to hell and back, before turning mischievous blue eyes on her boyfriend with a dancing smirk.
                                                            "Nice vest Dom." She said, another giggle escaping her lips. She might be very very mean, but she honestly had thought he'd scoff at her and tell her she was a freak for wanting him to wear that.

She quickly leaned into plant several kisses on his cheek and lips to atone for being so mean. Because as much as he liked to deny it, she could always win his favour back with a few kisses and a smile. And she definitely wasn't going to deny he looked damn sexy in the leather vest.... it just was so odd to see him in something so... un-him. Suddenly she bounced to her feet and twirled in a circle.
                                                            "Do you like my dress Dom? And why do you have balloons? And a box in your arms?" She blinked excited blue eyes, before suddenly noticing one last thing. The cuff links she had given him for valentines day. He was wearing them, and she was sure he actually liked those. She smiled gently before waving offhandedly to Rick and Damien. "Good evening Rick and Damien and Marina... by the way.."

We're ¢яαʐÿ enough to feel αℓινεnow.
                                                            And then you ҭєใใ me, that we could stay ҭ๏ﻮєҭђєг.
                                                            -------------------------------------③. . . ②. . . ①. . . ☭

Essy Ze Ninja
Rawwry
Diamond Wales
The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:21 pm
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years go by
I don't really know why I don't really know why
7, 8, 9, 11 years go by
I don't really know why I don't really know why
I still feel the same way I did when I was 17
I still look over my shoulder waitin for the world to change

User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
ღTakenxxxByღxxx Rose Hall

•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´
Nell immediately spotted the gaggle of her friends and couldn't help but grin and giggle at the odd bunch they were. Not one House missing or misrepresented, it was rather amazing in a way. She waved to them all before taking a seat by them. "Hello everyone, you all look wonderful. Although I am a tad surprised at the leather Dominic." she couldn't help but lightly tease. He may have seemed just a tad arrogant to her but he never went out his way to antagonize anyone, plus he was dating Gracie and anyone crazy enough to do that had to be alright. Although he could say the same for Damien as well but she knew for a fact he had loosed up, if he hadn't the Puff was sure her best friend would have flattened him quick and in a hurry. Seeing all her friends with their significant others did give Nell just a tinge of jealousy, she hadn't been all that sure if Rose was actually going to come given not only the events that happened in the summer but her general awkwardness with Balls and dresses. Her girlfriend had given her word she'd at least attempt and that was good enough for her.
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

Essy Ze Ninja

Rawwry

Wearing: Jaw Dropper | Where: Cupid Dinner Banquet | With: Marina, Cait, Rick, Damien, Gracie, and Dominic | Thoughts: | OOC: Rose's Gift

But these are the good old days
These are the good old days
These are the good old days
And I wish that I could stay
I wish that I could stay
I wish I could stay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:53 pm
User Image
Can't help if I space in a daze,
My eyes tune out the other way,
I may switch off and go in a daydream

User Image

Rose entered the room, feeling more than a little awkward. Her heels were killing her feet, and the redhead was convinced that they were mutinying against the thought of having her wear them. Then again, she always felt like that in the darned things. It was why she preferred flats to heels any day of the week. She spotted Nell standing with a group of their year, and immediately noted the two other seventh year redheads. It was kind of hard to miss, considering that both f their hair could rival hers for brightness. That and Gracie had her rainbow colours going on. So far, almost every seventh year was congregated at the banquet, with the exception of Dhy, that is. She smiled, waving to the group. And then got a good look at what Nell was wearing.

Wow... She wanted to take a picture of this immediately, since she wanted to keep that image, but thought it was a bit creepy for her to do. Instead, she took Nell's hand and put her head on Nell's shoulder. "By the way, this is the last time I wear heels, you should know. Flats for me for the rest of my life. Plus, I think my dress might tear f I move wrong too." She pouted, giving Nell a puppy dog look that pleaded with the Scot to let her take off the shoes. She didn't care if she went around barefoot, but it would be such a relief.

State: Happy
Taken With: Chantale Ellis
OOC: Gift for Nell

In this head my thoughts are deep,
But sometimes I can't even speak,
Would someone be and not pretend I'm off again in my World

Bubo and Peaches

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:39 pm
And when the daylight comes I'll have to go
But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close
Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own
But tonight I need to hold you so close

Here I am staring at your perfection
In my arms, so beautiful
The sky is getting bright, the stars are burning out
Somebody slow it down

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Seventh Year Captain, 𝔅eater

User Image

He rustled nervously in his seat, every awkward glance in solace was followed by a bite of his chocolate cupcake. Dominic sat with his legs spread wide, his foot tapping nervously against the chair. Every jerk had the balloons twitching in the air, the strings taut and tied around his hand and held a box of chocolates. Slouched back, he bit off another chunk. The bright contrast of Rick's hair caught his attention as the Ravenclaw sat unceremoniously. Dominic tried not to glare at his suit. Of course, jus' brilliant, he thought. Now I'm the weird one. ”Hey Rick...” Dom dragged out with a sigh. "Yeah, the girls should all be here soon... Too bad there's not a blokes version for this holiday, righ'? " He chuckled and shifted. Rick hadn't mentioned the vest, he realized, maybe it wasn't that noticeable. Or maybe he's too nice, he realized.

Dominic noticed the familiar sharpened features of his fellow serpent. He cringed. Dominic buried his face in his cupcake, the dark icing splattered across him. He tried to hide behind the balloons but by the time Damien had joined, it was too late. "Heya," he greeted. So far so good... "Aw bugger off, Damien, I know where you sleep," he warned. But with red ears, he doubted any posed threat would be anything but laughable. He furrowed his brows and chunked that last bite of his cupcake at Damien. He wasn't even sure the hit landed, but he was already laughing.

His peripherals had caught sight of a dress in a flurry. Was it Grace? His vision darted to focus and noticed Caitlin easily. Her small smile shined towards the Ravenclaw beside him. He glanced down the hall, hoping to see Grace but caught a wisp of Marina's red hair instead. Of course Grace would be late.

"Hey, Cait," he blinked and laughed. Blue eyes darted to the leather vest and all he could do was shrug with an awkward smile. "Dont worry, I won't tell.

He-"
Dominic was about to greet Marina, his face fell. "Oh yeah, nice to see you too Marina," he jabbed, jokingly. Each girl had drifted to the arms of their significant others. He figeted. When they all kissed in greeting, he looked away awkwardly. Where was Grace, anyway?

That's when he heard heels and the flutter of a voice not a few seconds later. And she heard everything. Dom laughed softly. She glided on a breeze as she reached Cait, gushed, and then dropped her gaze on him.

Was...was she laughing!?

His ears burned at every mention of the vest, until his face broke out pink by the time Grace had reached him. "You. Owe. Me." He struggled to keep his face serious, and that pretentious snark on his nose. But after she shed her leather jacket, his eyes roamed.

"Huh, oh, pfft, its for you, kitten." He smirked, but her kisses had melted that smirk off of his face soon enough. The heart shaped box of chocolates and balloons were held out for her, and after she'd taken it, he dug in his pocket for a second. The charm bracelet fit easily in the narrow velvet box. It was ridiculous, and he didn't want to explain in front of everyone (no matter how much he wanted to one up Damien.) But every charm had been specifically choosen; a moon, a cat, the Eiffel tower, and several little round balls fashioned in the style of the quidditch balls, a broom, two different stars, and a cupcake. He opened the box and held it out to her. "And this too." Dominic smiled.

"Hey ladies." He noticed Nell and Rose had gathered, and their group just got even larger. Good thing he'd chosen the larger tables, then, eh? "Huh? Oh, yeah, you can thank this one for that, Nell." He jerked a thumb at Grace. His face even redder.

One more word about this thing, and its coming off! I swear! He dared. Oh, but even he knew that was bullshit.

Chicken, he's a chicken!

Or a Frenchman...

What's the difference anymore anyway?

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 165lbs ☣ Age: 17
Her gift
The Black Vest
╚═══════════════════╝

xXxDevil-Chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:01 pm
User Image
Heart still beating but it's not working
It's like a hundred thousand voices that just can't sing
I reached out trying to love but I feel nothing
Oh, my heart is numb

User Image

Rick nodded to his fellow captain as he observed the goings on around him. So far no one el- never mind, apparently Damien had joined them. He grimaced. At least there wasn't much more than surprise when Damien saw Rick, but much more Dom's choice of clothing. He'd never really seen Dom dressed up before, so he figured that Dominic liked leather. Well, that proves he shouldn't assume.

When he saw Cait making her way over, he actually gave the girl a smile. It wasn't large, but hopefully it wasn't something that looked forced. Which of course was almost interrupted by a slight frown as the Ravenclaw noted that yet again, someone commented on Dom's vest. Deciding to ignore the comment, he did take note of the dress Cait was wearing, and the redhead was surprised. She looked, well, to put it no other way, stunning. However, his mouth worked a bit before he could say anything, a red blush finding itself on his face. "H-hi Cait. Um, wow, you look beautiful. The dress, I mean... It looks good on you. I mean, not that you don't look good in anything else. I-I think I'm going to shut up now." His blush had definitely reached hair-shade by now, he figured, and he took a big gulp of his punch to try and hide it.

When Marina showed up, he nodded toward the other redhead, now feeling a bit claustrophobic. He suddenly thought about getting air, and the feeling worsened as Gracie and a couple of Hufflepuff girls he couldn't recall the names of showed up. They all seemed to know each other, and well, he felt like the outsider. He stayed silent, however, and concentrated on not having what felt like a rising panic attack in the middle of all these people. He closed his eyes and wondered briefly where the nearest exits were. When he opened them again, he swallowed back a bit of the fear and gave Cait a smile. No, he wasn't going to run. He wasn't going to do that to Cait, even if he wanted to. "I suddenly want to have a drink or something." The comment was muttered, and he hoped no one really heard it.

Thinking: Oh, I am going to fall on my face, I know it...
OOC: Gift for Cait

I'm feeling better ever since you know me
I was a lonely soul but that's the old me
A little wiser now from what you've shown me
Yeah, I feel again

Jinx

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:49 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Dashing at the Cupid's Ballspace
CURRENTLY // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Dom and Rickspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What the bloody hell is Dom wearing...?' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳ The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful stop me and steal my breath.
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky, never revealing their depth.
∳ ∳ ∳

spaceDamien smiled when Mari slid into the chair beside him, his eyes lighting. She was wearing the dress he'd bought her... and it looked better on her than he'd expected, which... well, he supposed he should have expected. His mouth went dry and he wished that they were alone and... well, he stopped his mind from going beyond that point precisely because they weren't. Her kiss on his cheek was soft, and he managed to focus enough to give her a smile and take her hand, giving her a proper, if short, kiss on the lips in return. "I'm beginning to think I'm a bit overdressed, honestly, but then, when aren't I?" he asked, chuckling. He was certainly the most formally dressed at the table, as far as the men went. Although, looking at the girls, he supposed it wasn't so over the top. They all looked lovely, though none of them moreso than Marina. "And you look wonderful, love," he told her, his eyes soft. He hated saying it, though. Not because he didn't want to compliment her or because it wasn't true, but because, well... after him saying it over and over, he felt like maybe it was going to fall flat.

spaceHe blinked as the table suddenly got very, very crowded. He should've been expecting it, really, since it was a Valentine's Day ball, and there had been three guys at the table. It stood to reason that three girls would follow. Of course, there were, in fact, five girls, rather than three. He suspected his own presence was the cause of that; he'd sat with Dominic, Marina had sat with him, and Nell had likely followed after her best friend, with Rose not far behind. He tried very hard not to feel awkward; he knew everyone, of course, but that didn't mean he was used to everyone. Rick, Caitlin, Nell and Rose were presences he wasn't overly accustomed to, something he knew he needed to fix but hadn't really had cause or chance to as of yet. Well, no time like the present, he thought, shaking his head. It was crowded, but they weren't strangers, after all.

spaceHe honestly felt a bit bad that everyone felt the need to comment on Dom's vest; he'd been teasing his best mate, but he'd not been really all that mean. The threat of 'I know where you sleep' seemed like a bit of an overreaction... but his own comment wasn't the first one made, and Damien watched as Dom turned redder and redder with each one. Damien realized that Dom was... uncomfortable. It wasn't a sight he was used to; typically, he was the quiet, uncomfortable one, while Dom was loud and sure of himself. Seeing even a moment of insecurity was... strange. When Grace arrived and his demeanor changed, Damien smiled. Dom's family notwithstanding, the pair suited each other rather well, at least from what he'd seen. The Slytherin offered a greeting to each new face, realizing that most of their year seemed to have congregated here. Well, that was interesting. He didn't think he'd ever been around the group of them, aside from classes. But a few notable faces were missing; most notably, at least to Damien, of course, was Adalaide. He looked around the room for her and spotted her standing on the edge of the dance floor... who was she waiting on? His eyes narrowed, curious. The dance was open to non-students... would her mysterious boyfriend show up?

∳ ∳ ∳ I'll be your crying shoulder, I'll be love's suicide
                                                          I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life.
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff