Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Cupid's Dinner Banquet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:46 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Cupid Banquet

“You’re welcome.” Leonette realized David’s stumbled words but didn’t react on it. They were just friends and besides he just lent her his jacket after all nothing to apologize about or anything. “Thank you.” She said as he pulled out a chair for her and she took a seat. “Well you certainly knew how to cheer me up and I assume you didn’t learn that from a book.” Leonette told him honestly. Of course knowing David he’d push it off as some easy thing that was hardly worth mentioning.

Leonette smiled at David’s comment on giving her a medical textbook if she got bored of him. “I couldn’t possible get bored of you. There’s no way.” She said confidently. It just didn’t seem fathomable to her. He was far more interesting than any textbook she’d ever read that was for sure.

It seemed Leonette wasn’t the only one stressing over something that didn’t exist. Her mind kept telling her David and her were just friends… Nothing was going on so there shouldn’t be anything to stress or worry about. Of course when the whole student body was at the dance it made you wonder what they were thinking about the pair. Hopefully rumors wouldn’t start because that was the last thing they ever needed.

With: David

Wearing: Red Dress and Heels

OOC: ---

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:11 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: Formal Wear (and bringing a book or two).

Couldn't get bored of me? I doubt that...

David sat down beside Leo and let out a laugh, "No, I suppose I didn't learn that from a book, my mother drilled etiquette into me from birth. That includes making sure someone has a good time. And, my father was pretty much the same way, though I think my Mum can come off as the more warm one out of the two of them. Also, she got more etiquette training than my father ever did. Dad's family really didn't have much hopes for him considering but Mum... well I think over half her siblings have arranged marriages for political or financial reasons so it wasn't out of the realm of possibility with her."

"Anyways, enough about my family, my family is boring or disturbing... well the extended family is disturbing to say the least," David said with a small smile, leaning forward. "I remember saying you were in charge. You don't want to hear about my family. Why don't you talk about what is keeping you busy? Unlike me, you don't barricade yourself in the library so I'm sure something more exciting is going on with you."

murruelecreuset

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:47 am
User Image

Leonette listened to David talk about how he was taught etiquette since birth. She never had to go through that but it seemed that their families were very different. Not that it bothered her any in fact she found it interesting. Of course she imagined growing up with that life style would have really made her different then she was today. That was a no brainer.

“I’ll admit our families are very different but that’s certainly not a bad thing.” Leonette said. That’s when David changed the subject to what she’d been up to lately. Thinking about it she didn’t live in the library so something interesting had to be going on in her life right? “Well… I joined the dueling club this year which has been pretty fun and I think it’s been improving my spell work.” She told him. “Then there’s the music club which my cousin Chloe is in charge of.”

Thinking a bit more there was only one other thing that had been keeping Leonette busy and that was Quidditch. “Other than that just Quidditch what with practices and then Chloe getting the idea of trying out for the Hufflepuff team this year I’ve been helping her out there.” She explained. “She’s a little bit afraid of heights so her brother and I have been teaching her a thing or two. After all sports are about the only thing I’m any good at. Not that I’m complaining that I’m the sporty kind of girl. Though, sadly it doesn’t help my grades any.” Leonette told him.

“Granted my grades aren’t bad what with me making my cousin David study for his OWLs this year. For a Gryffindor I think you’d be proud of my work ethic.” Leonette said with a big smile. She remembered when they first talked and David said he’d be in the library if she ever wanted to find him and how she’d probably never go to the library herself. The typical Gryffindor response to the library it seemed but he had said she didn’t seem like the type to worry about her studies guess he was wrong about that.

mc2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:11 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Why would you join a Quidditch team if you are afraid of heights?

"Isn't it Hufflepuffs who should be priding themselves on their work ethic? I mean that is one of the things they are known for, right?" David said with a smile. "Anyways, if you have any problems with your school work you could ask me... I am ahead at the moment. Well, I usually am always ahead the question is am I as ahead as I want to be in my subjects."

"Anyways, isn't their Advance Quidditch? I assume you signed up for that right? Being good at a sport would help in that class even if it isn't actually on your OWLs," David added with a shrug.

He glanced away and said, "You know I considered joining a club this year, but dueling essentially falls in the same category as quidditch when it comes to my view about taking unnecessary risks... and music club... well, I never bothered to learn an instrument. I suppose I could get lessons over this summer, it would give me something to do..."

murruelecreuset

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:25 pm
User Image
Jesse Giovanni Fiore
Eleven~ Hufflepuff

✵ ✴ We live in cities you'll never see onscreen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know we're on each others team

I'm kind of over getting told to throw my hands up in the air✵ ✴

【♖】
【♖】 【♖】 【♖】 【♖】

Jesse followed Yannic to the table and thanked him, sitting down. This was a strange situation to be in, he thought for the fiftieth time. Jesse laughed and nodded his head, finally getting to respond to what Yannic had said earlier.
"Good, practice makes perfect," he said, smiling at the idea of him getting to see the Ravenclaw again.
"And yeah, my sister. She's eight. I have an older sister, she's basically our guardian, and I also have an older brother who's 17. My parents are out of the picture," he said quietly, looking back up at Yannic.
"What about you?"

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Wearing~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:54 am
User Image

“Well yeah but who says work ethic is just for the badgers?” Leonette said smiling back at him. It might have been their thing but that didn’t mean no one else could be just as hard working. “Oh David how ahead do you need to be just being ahead should be enough don’t yeah think?” she asked him. He was the only kid she knew who had his goals figured out and his head so far ahead in about everything they were doing.

“Yes.” Leonette replied with a giggle. “And it’s Advanced Flying silly.” She added with a bright smile. “I did and your right it’s about the only class that requires anything I’m good at. Sadly I don’t get an OWL for it though so I can be good at it all I want and it won’t change a thing.” She said although it was fun she could pass with a good grade but there was no OWL test for flying.

Leonette’s thoughts jumped to Chloe teaching her the guitar over the summer. “You know I don’t play an instrument either. Well unless you consider my voice to be my instrument anyways.” She told him. “Although my cousin was giving me some lessons on her guitar over the summer.” She added. “If you were to play an instrument what would you consider playing?” Leonette asked him curiously.

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:11 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Guess, I should pay attention to the elective syllabus more...

"Advanced Quidditch... Advanced Flying... I mean aren't they pretty much the same thing? Don't most people take the class because they want to do quidditch?" David said rolling his eyes at his mistake. "And, I'm happy when before the start of the year I have already reviewed all the material that will be gone over that year, and to properly go over the material I would have had to at least read the chapters two to three times and generally take notes as well..." He shrugged, "I guess I did glance over one of the OWL study guides last summer when I was in Flourish and Blotts but I wasn't particularly impressed with it so I didn't pick it up."

He smiled, placing his chin on his hand and glanced away and thought about Leonette's question on what instrument he would consider playing if he bothered learning, "I prefer classical music, so something that would compliment that well... considering me something practical and universal... I don't know. Given that playing an instrument requires coordination, I doubt I'd be all that great at it." Glancing over at Leo he said bluntly, "I like perfection and expect such from myself, so I really don't see myself as the type to pursue something I'm unlikely to be naturally good at."

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:43 pm
User Image

“Point well taken.” Leonette agreed let him win this one. After all he had a good point who took the class just because they loved to fly? She was sure tons of people did so but that didn’t mean they didn’t play Quidditch too. The more Leonette listened to David the more he reminded her of her youngest sister Grace. “You have no idea how much you reminded me of my sister just then. She’s only seven and already she’s stealing my books and reading up on all the material. I swear she’ll be a grade ahead if she keeps it up.” She said with a small smile.

It didn’t bother Leonette that David was such the studier and a rather at times complicated perfectionist. That’s what made David different from everyone else she knew including the other two David’s she knew of. “My suggestion for you would probably be either piano, or a stringed instrument like a violin or cello.” She told him. “You’ll never know unless you try.” She added simply.

“Wow, I actually never know that about you. Makes sense now that I think about it.” Leonette said putting her head in her hands. He really did seem like quite the perfectionist. It made her wonder if she seemed to have short tempered or determined to those around her.

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:38 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Makes sense? Hmm... I suppose.

"Oh, don't worry Cathy decided at five to start learning Latin. The tutors could be afforded and they doubled as nannies in a pinch," David said with a laugh. "Think how I feel when a ten year old is not only fluent in English, but also three other languages. This summer she kept reading the newspaper in Chinese and apparently the latest tutor also taught her how to make traditional dishes-which though is weird I have to say is a major improvement over Mum's attempts in the kitchen."

"Talk about feeling inadequate," David laughed, "Apparently she's taking this year off from starting a new language, though... and she still needs help on her math homework, so I guess I'm not completely useless, and she said something about refreshing what she already knows." He shrugged. "If I had her talent I wouldn't waste it goofing off, but each to their own."

"I would say the piano is more flexible in the sense that practically every genre of music has at least one song with either a piano or keyboard in it," David said with a shrug, "but like I said, I generally don't like to fail-it isn't in my nature... speaking of which how have you not realized I'm a perfectionist? Though, I suppose, I should take some offense that you actually think it makes sense."

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:41 am
User Image

Leonette had to admit they had some pretty brainy sisters. Cathy with languages and Grace with reading books they were like a complete package. “Wow that’s a whole lot of languages honestly can say I don’t know anyone who knows that many.” She said in shear amazement.

“She’s good with languages and needs help with math. Guess you can’t be good at everything uh?” Leonette surmised. “I wish I had that talent.” She added with a smile. She’d have to just keep dreaming she supposed because it was never going to happen.

Leonette gave it some thought did anyone really like to fail at anything they tried? No probably not, she didn’t like it that was for sure but she didn’t let it stop her. “Nobody does.” She told him before he asked how she hadn’t realized he was a perfectionist. “I didn’t mean it offensively I’m just agreeing with you.” She countered before calming herself and answering David more calmly. “I don’t know I guess I just never thought about it besides that just means it’s something I don’t happen to mind about you or it’s not all that noticeable.” Leonette explained. Truth was there wasn’t much she didn’t like about David.

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:36 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Yeah, you can't be good at everything.

"Oh," David said quickly, "I said I suppose I should take offense that you think my perfectionism makes sense, not that I actually did take offense. Don't worry about it. Besides, why should I be offended by a fact that is true? And, I've gotten over being offended about most things a long time ago."

He smiled and said, "And, you're right no one is good at everything. It would be sort of unfair if someone was. And, in Cathy's case she started early. Our parents indulged out hobbies. Of course she has natural talent, but, it also helps when you are hired some really excellent tutors willing to work with you. They would have probably done the same thing if she had decided she wanted to pick up fencing or something. My parents would have done the same for me if I ever asked for extra lessons in something... I just never did."

"Actually," He said laughing a little and blushing, "it is kind of embarrassing. I feel like I'm bragging about my financial situation. I don't mean to. I just mean to say that we've been really lucky and given advantages others don't so it would make sense..." He glanced away, now bright red, "Sorry."

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:44 am
User Image

Leonette thought about why one would be offended she assumed if they wanted to deny the fact that they would but in this case there wouldn’t much cause for it. “I suppose you wouldn’t.” she said in agreement.

“You don’t have to apologize both your parents work in really good jobs so it’s understandable that they’d try to give you guys everything you wanted.” Leonette told him. “Truth is my father tries to give me stuff like that and I’m usually telling him not to.” She said calmly. “Like my broom for example, I got it for my birthday. When asked what I wanted I told him I didn’t want anything, that it would be better to give it to my sister’s then me. Of course the rest of my family didn’t see it that way so I got what I got.” She explained. “Not that I don’t like it or anything.” She quickly added.

Leonette like Cathy was given the opportunities to learn new things. It was because of her father that she got into sports in the first place. Her sisters’ on the other hand weren’t as fortunate. “Do you regret not getting into anything on the side?” Leonette asked glancing down as she did.

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:12 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

God, that just makes us sound more spoiled...

"Chess," David mused, "I used to play chess. Dad taught me when I was little but he never lets anyone win so its frustrating... and Cathy cried when she realized that I let her win sometimes or went easy on her. I didn't have much interest for it, though... besides I don't see the point of regretting things: it isn't going to change the past, right?"

He smiled and said, "Actually, that's one of the reasons I hate history... I see it as kind of pointless. What is done is done. Mind you Cathy would probably skin me alive if she heard me say that." He ended with a laugh.

With a smile he said, "So what about you Leonette, is there something you wish you had gotten involved in or had the opportunity to get involved in? I mean we do have electives to chose next year, too, I suppose you'll be picking Advance Flying II, right? But what else?"

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:05 pm
User Image

“My sister’s are the chess people in my house. I usually watch them duel it out that way luckily it’s a nicer way for them to fight each other than one yelling and the other crying.” Leonette told him. “You’re right about that. Truthfully that’s one of the reasons for why I dislike the subject as well. Of course I also find it completely boring but that’s just me.” She added honestly. “Grace would be the same way she loves History, and anything that requires the absorption of information to the point of your brain exploding because of the overload.” She said with a smile.

Leonette gave it some thought. Was there anything she wished she had the opportunity to do? “Can’t say there is. I mean aside from wanting to try horseback riding just because it seems kind of fun I’ve pretty much done everything on my list of things I’d like to try.” She told David. “Well I'll definitely be taking Advanced Flying II like you said and I plan on taking Wandless Magic as well as Cursebreaking and I’m for sure taking Cooking with Magic. I’m thinking of maybe taking Care of Magical Creatures, and Music and then knowing my dad he’ll probably talk me into taking pretty much every muggle class offered. Hopefully I can talk him out of a few though like art… I seriously such at art my sister Mira can take that when she comes to Hogwarts.” Leonette said listing off all the classes she was thinking of taking.

“Man I’m thinking of taking a lot of classes aren’t I…?” Leonette hadn’t realized how many classes she thought of taking. “So aside from Healing what are you thinking of taking?” she asked.

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:56 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Sounds like Grace and Catie would get along a lot.

"Horseback riding?" David asked. "You can fly on a broom, why would you want to horseback ride? I suppose they say if you have a docile enough horse it isn't that hard, though... and it is closer to the ground which is always a plus."

Smiling he said, "I'm actually going to take a fairly light load on electives, believe it or not. That way I can focus on the electives that matter and that'll just boost my score in those. Less stress, too. You're right, I'll be taking healing of course, but considering my career plans alchemy and cursebreaking sound like reasonable choices. I suppose I could take Muggle Studies and get an easy O in that, as I did go to muggle school before Hogwarts and Dad has a strict no magic policy."

He smiled and said, "And, art... well, both my parents are good at that but I never inherited the skill. That's why Dad went into plastic surgery-he can sculpt in bone and flesh as a creative outlet and still get paid excessively and have plenty of prestige. I'm pretty sure if he could have gone to Hogwarts he would have end up in Slytherin. And my Mom, well, when Dad bought the townhouse he converted the entire fourth floor into an art studio for her. I, unfortunately, can't draw a stick figure to save my life. Anyways, if you aren't good at art just tell your Dad you don't want to jeopardize your test scores-seems like a reasonable enough reason to me."

"I'm slightly leaning towards taking Wandless Magic, because I assume I probably can pull it off, but I probably won't end up taking it. I saw Mum actually perform wandless magic without taking the class when I was younger to save a cake. Granted she had done a levitation charm and charms are about the only magic she's really good at... it was a shame the cake though," David said with her laugh, "I really wish Dad would just ban her from the kitchen or she would give up already on cooking. She's awful at it."
murruelecreuset

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces