Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Cupid's Dinner Banquet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:10 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Cupid Banquet

Leonette shrugged. “I don’t know just always wanted to try it. I live with a dad that loves everything muggle related so naturally it rubbed off a little.” She said with a smile. “Besides it’s something different. Flying is so average for me and not as exciting as something I’ve never done before not that it isn’t exciting for me or anything.” She added.

“I’m going to have more classes then you next year. That I totally wasn’t expecting.” Leonette told him honestly. Not that she minded but it was hard to fathom having more classes then a Ravenclaw. “Wow you have two parents that have some form of artistic talent and you can’t draw to save you soul. I wouldn’t feel to back being artistic isn’t exactly a major thing in life. At least it’s not if you aren’t any good at it.” She said simply looked like they both weren’t that great at art.

Leonette figured her conversation would go kind of like that with her father. She imagined saying she wasn’t that great and didn’t have an interest in it and the topic of taking the classes would end with her father saying he was alright with it. “Yeah I’ll probably say something like that.” She said thinking of wandless magic. “I guess it is possible to learn wandless magic on your own so long as you are good at that particular spell but to each their own.” She said giving a shrug.

“Is she really that bad?” Leonette asked with a laugh.

With: David

Wearing: Red Dress and Heels

OOC: ---

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:51 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: Formal Wear (and bringing a book or two).

I guess muggles would be interesting if you are pureblood or didn't grow up around them.

"Mum took muggle studies, as did the rest of her family, though I think she's the only one who actually took the class to heart in the end. It was more of a ploy by her family if you ask me," David said thoughtfully. "It's kind of funny she is the head of the obliviator office but she didn't get top scores in muggle studies on her OWLs or NEWTs. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure, Dad said her way to study muggle studies was to date a half blood for two months until she got the basics down. I guess opening a book and studying the traditional way was too much work for her."

He shook his head, "And Dad, well, his family supported him till he cut them off at 18, more or less, had full intent to live as a muggle and have nothing to do with the magical world. Too bad, I suppose, Mum apparently paid attention enough in muggle studies to pull off pretending to be a muggle until they actually married. Of course, considering that they dated like muggles for about two years it isn't surprising they would share some interests-like art."

Smiling David said, "And, I think it was more of Mum pulling that display of wandless magic out of panic than her actually bothering to learn wandless magic. She did put a lot of effort into making that cake-I think it was for Cathy or Dad's birthday or something. Anyways, if you are so curious about my mother's cooking I could ask her to send cookies or something. They'd make great coasters."

"Besides, Mum was raised in a rich pureblood family where they had their own house elf and more than half of her siblings end up in arranged marriages to equally wealthy pureblood families," David sighed in disgust his eyes darkening, "it wasn't like teaching her to cook was seen as a huge priority on the list of skills she needed in life."

Taking a deep breath he glanced back at Leo and a small smile returned and he changed the subject back to classes, "Go ahead and pride yourself in all the classes you are taking over me, Leonette, but as I see it, what's the use of taking a class that won't serve a purpose to my future goals? It's just a distraction, right? Besides I'd rather work smarter and not harder, though, I suppose I could afford to take an extra elective or two without killing myself-I just don't like to pursue things that would just seem like busy work to me. And, remember you have music club and the quidditch team on top of all those electives, are you sure you can keep up?"

murruelecreuset

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:30 pm
User Image

Leonette understood what it was like to live like a muggle. She pretty much lived like one despite being a pure blood. Then again when her aunt was muggle born it was in a way understandable. “My aunt’s muggle born. That’s really the only connection I have to knowing about muggle life then again my dad kind of makes us live like muggles ninety percent of the time.” She told him. “Maybe your mom and dad were just destined to be together despite all the factors that might have said otherwise.” That was something she believed in even in the darkest of times.

“Should I be scared to take you up on that offer?” Leonette asked David when he mentioned asking his mother about sending cookies. Something about cookie coasters worried her a little despite her curiosity. Though it sure made sense that when you had wealth it wasn’t necessary to learn how to cook especially when you had someone to do it for you.

Leonette thought about the amount of classes she was taking. Could she keep up with everything? It made sense to only take the classes you needed to do what you wanted come graduation. However what if you didn’t know what to do like David did? “You’re right it makes sense to only take the classes you need for your future career but what if you don’t know what you want to do just yet?” she asked him curiously. “Though you may have a point… I think I’m going to cut out some of my electives before I have to fill out my elective form.”

mc2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:31 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

My parents destined for each other... I wouldn't know about that.

"Mum's cooking hasn't killed any of us yet," David said with a shrug. "Some things aren't actually that bad. I still sort of wonder why Dad never hired a cook, but I think it is partially him not liking to hire help for something he thinks we should be able to manage on our own and partially he doesn't want to insult Mum."

He smiled and said, "And about your perdicament about electives like I said it is about being smarter not necessarily working harder. If you think about it a lot of electives while useful for various career paths aren't necessary or are only necessary for niche career paths. And if you know you don't like your history of magic classes it is unlikely you would want a career that would require electives related to that field-so you could cross off ancient studies and study of ancient runes."

"Let's see..." He began, "You'll be taking Advance Flying II, that's a given, I assume... you can cross off Alchemy because it isn't really a requirement for any profession unless you want to become an alchemist or have a deep interest in potions, if that is the case I'm taking the class so I can help you in it... the class is a lot of memorization which is my strong point. Ancient Studies, Arithmancy, Art, all those you can cross off now, unless you wanted to go into academics with arithmancy or something... it's a lot of math and only would say 'hey look I'm smart' if you did well on the OWLs and NEWTs of it. Care of Magical Creatures, is one to consider, but really it is good for fields where you would be dealing with magical creatures... since you are undecided I say take it, you can always drop it later. Cooking with Magic is a good practical class I suppose but unless you want to become a chef don't bother. Cursebreaking is pretty obscure, cross that one off too. Divination is a joke. And, Ghoul and Ghost Studies well unless you know now you have a distinct interest in it I wouldn't bother with the extra work. Healing is a good class to take as it is requirement to get into the medical field so you have to have it if you want to keep that option open. Muggle Art, Muggle Music, Muggle Mythology aren't really necessary, besides come to London and Mum or even better Cathy can act as tour guide and give you a good intro to all that if you are interested. Take Muggle Studies as it is important for a lot of ministry jobs, and since you have some foundation it shouldn't be too bad. Music and Mythology aren't necessary really for any major career paths. Study of Ancient Runes well is an obscure class that you have to like languages and history to get into if you don't have that going for you, you'll probably hate it. Wandless Magic Practice Class might look good on a resume but it won't if it causes your other OWL and NEWT scores to suffer-I'd say cut it. Wandlore Studies is good if you want to go into wandmaking if not well, don't bother with it. Wizard Law would be good for ministry jobs and keep some doors open, and you could always drop it later or half way through the year even... and World Studies is a coin toss, but considering everything else I'd say no."

He took a deep breath realizing he had rambled off and analyzed every elective if he had been in Leo's shoes. He let out an uncomfortable laugh and said, "Not that my opinion really matters but if I were in your shoes I guess I would take... Advance Flying II, Care of Magical Creatures, Healing, Muggle Studies, Wizard Law, and maybe World Studies... and keep in mind you can always drop an elective if you are over the mandatory number..." He looked down at the table and said laughing, "Okay the idea of me taking a flying course is actually pretty comical-right up there care of magical creatures... goes against my avoiding danger thing. Anyways, that selection would probably keep your options open the widest at this point if that's what you want..."

murruelecreuset

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:20 pm
User Image

Leonette listened to David’s opinion on electives. She knew right away that she was taking Advanced Flying as well as Music, and Cooking with Magic. Flying would be done next year anyways and she could always drop music and cooking later on. Listening about all the electives she was surprised at how much he knew. However she could tell a lot of the classes weren’t her thing.

Leonette’s initial thought when she first came to Hogwarts was she wanted to be an Auror. Go out there and save people, be the Gryffindor she was meant to be but at the same time she didn’t feel like she wanted to risk her life, not when her family needed her. Well if she wanted to keep that open she didn’t need Cursebreaking so she could cross that off her list. She didn’t see herself taking law, world studies maybe but definitely not law.

Man, there were too many options. How did Ravenclaws take them all? Well it didn’t really matter. “I’ll definitely take everything you just said into consideration. It certainly helps.” She said with a smile. “And you’re right it is kind of funny you and flying don’t mix.” It was hard to believe they were friends sometime. They were complete opposites.

Status: Happy... He sure knows a lot about electives guess I shouldn't be surprised...

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:59 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

I'm rambling, aren't I?

David blushed and waved a hand, "Oh God, you really don't have to take everything I said into consideration. It was mostly me rambling... I mean to tell the truth I probably should take an extra elective or two myself to not get lazy but nothing really sparks my interest particularly and those I might consider wouldn't be a guaranteed O for me... maybe I should spend my extra time focusing on the practical of Defense Against the Dark Arts or something..." He ended with a short laugh, while thinking there was no reason he couldn't read up on extra subjects either.

Then he smiled and said, "Why do you think it is so funny that flying and me don't mix? I'm ethically against unnecessary risks in life-I mean I am the type of person who likes to play it safe- why would I like flying?"

He laughed at himself, "I know. I know. I'm boring, right. Hey, at least I'm not trying to persuade you from flying right? Then again, I'm not in the position to nor do I have any right to."

murruelecreuset

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:35 pm
User Image

Leonette shook her head as he told her he didn’t have to consider what he was saying. Well taking extra electives were good she knew that taking too much was a bad idea. Using what he gave her she might be able to lessen her load for the following years to come. “It might not hurt you to add a few extras to your schedule but I have a feeling I’ll probably drop a lot of classes come the end of fifth year.” She said honestly. “But you’re right you could use the extra time to insure outstanding grades on everything.” She said with a smile.

“What I meant was its funny imagining you taking any flying class because of the fact you don’t mix with it.” Leonette told him. “For the record flying is only dangerous if you’re flying at high speeds or playing Quidditch.” She added with a matter of fact tone. It was turn if you knew what you were doing you couldn’t possibly be in any real trouble. “That’s true at least you aren’t trying to do that.” She said. “And you aren’t boring you just don’t like risking your life with things that really at the end of the day don’t matter.” Leonette would admit David liked playing it safe but it wasn’t a bad thing. Of course she would always be a risk taker that’s just how she was life to her was too short to worry about the risks.

mc2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:36 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

I feel my dislike for flying is kind of pathetic, especially considering I'm at least halfblood by any standards.

"Actually, I might take up a hobby instead of bothering with another classes... that way it won't interfere with my grades, though World Studies might be useful," He mused. "My goal had always been to get straight Os but classes that are just reading are fairly easy for me so I actually have a lot of time on my hand: I just spend it in the library because I don't know what else to do with it." He smiled and laughed at himself, "What can I say, I'm a creature of habit?"

"And about flying... I never really liked it. I think I'm too much like my Dad in that sense. A couple of my uncles offered to take me to matches but I always shrugged it off and I guess Dad was fairly adamant for me not to go, and Mum tended to have the same standing... then again if you think about it I'm okay with Dad's profession of plastic surgery which has some risk but generally at the end of the day is mostly cosmetic and doesn't matter either," He said in thought before shrugging.

Glancing over at her, "So, do you feel any better, Princess?"

murruelecreuset

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:13 am
User Image

Leonette smiled giving a light hearted laugh. “You really need to get out of the library from time to time.” She told him honestly. “Not that striving for perfection is a bad thing but you should learn there’s more to life than just academics.” Leonette knew that much then again she herself needed to learn that she needed to learn to be a kid and not an adult.

“Well I’d be lying if I said you were the only one who didn’t like it.” Leonette said knowing even others she knew didn’t like the idea or the sport. “There are risks to plastic surgery?” Leonette asked she didn’t think there were then again she didn’t really know all that much about it to know for sure.

“As a matter of fact I do and it’s all thanks to you.” Leonette replied brightly. “Guess we should think about calling it a night uh?” she added realizing it was getting late. They didn’t want to end up getting into trouble or something.

OOC: Hope this is alright I figured it was about time to wrap this up.

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:23 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

I suppose it is getting late.

David smiled when Leonette told him that he should get out of the library more, "I sleep in my dorms and I do go to class. And I do eat in the Great Hall. Also, on the rare occasion if the library is too noisy or busy for my taste I find somewhere else to study... at least my habits are easy to trace," he said with a laugh. "Oh, and I usually go up to the owlery at least once a week to send an owl to my family, maybe twice just to visit my owl."

"And plastic surgery is surgery... there is always risks with surgery," David said, standing, smiling when Leonette said that she felt better thanks to him. Who knew he could help someone mentally feel better.

He checked his watch and glanced away and said with a smile, "You are right, it is getting late. The later I show up at my dorm the more contrary the door to my dorm is. Sometimes I feel like Alice dealing with that bloody door," he laughed referencing Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass. "I'm pretty sure it knows I hate roundabout riddles... I'm half jealous of the houses who just have passwords to get into their houses. Anyways, do you need an escort back to your dorm or will you be fine?"
murruelecreuset

{OCC: Wrapping the scene up sounds good. 3nodding 3nodding }  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:03 am
User Image

Leonette shook her head. “You have a point but that’s not what I meant. Ever try doing something for fun?” she asked him curiously. Chances were probably not he was a bookworm all they ever did was read. “I’ll believe you on that.” She said standing up as well.

“Alice from Alice in Wonderland right?” Leonette asked with a smile. She knew that surprisingly maybe she should be grateful about her father pushing things on her that weren’t magic related. “Like mine.” She added with a laugh. “I’ll be fine but that’s for the offer.” She said. “Though since we’re headed in the same direction for a bit, want to walk with me?” Leonette asked. Why walk alone when you took the same why to your dormitories anyway?

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:25 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Studying isn't fun?

"What? Studying and learning isn't fun for everyone?" David said mildly shocked. He smiled and said, "I'm a perfectionist, that much is evident, and I did say last year the sorting hat did seriously consider putting me in Slytherin. One of my biggest delights is in being right all the time. You can't do that without a bit of work... well, actually quite a bit of work-but I really don't see studying or reading as work, I enjoy it. Like I said I'm boring."

He sighed and said, "I suppose what you would define as 'fun' is I actually do invest some time exploring the castle and grounds to map it out in my head, I hate being bored, and even a bookworm like me needs to stretch his legs sometimes... I keep looking for something else to distract me just haven't found it yet." He ended with a smile. "And yes, Alice from Alice in Wonderland and the much darker Alice through the Looking Glass, though, I think the second is a bit more philosophical. I find it more straight forward, at least."

"Anyways, you are right we both do have tower dorms so we will be taking the stairs at least partially the same way. Might as well go the same way," David said with a smile. "Besides like I said, I wonder the castle regularly enough I probably make a good guide dog, though thankfully I can eat chocolate."
murruelecreuset

{OCC: We can either roleplay them going their seperate ways-I assume at the Grand Stair Case or Towers or End Here. Up to you.}  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers