Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Valentine Deliveries!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:35 pm
Valentine Delivery

A Table set up with roses and rolls of parchment. You pay 2 Knuts and write out your valentine. It will then be delivered and sang or recited, to your valentine!

( Please place the Valentine in the post your character orders it in, also include who it goes to! )

This station is headed by: Professor Natalya Agnesse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:41 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

Gryffindor || Sixth Year || Prefect || Dating Chloe
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

It was probably time for Sun to start to pay more attention to Chloe right about now. Even though he didn't know how, after spending so much time like a some recluse. Oh well. Little baby steps. Perhaps sending her a Valentine would do? Yeah. Maybe. Sun went up to the table, paid two the fee, and started to think, hard, about what to say.

I, he wrote. After a second of careful thinking, he crossed it out and wrote two other words: Hello Chloe.

No, that sounded too creepy. He crossed it out again. This went on for quite awhile until he could finally get an end result that semi-satisfied him:

I
                                  Hello Chloe

You are the

Happy Valant

Hup

How are th

I'm sorry I stink. Have a picture instead?

At the bottom of the letter is a picture of a little griffin holding out a bouquet of flowers. It wasn't detailed, and frankly it could be seen as just some random amount of scribbles, but the lines and hatching still formed an unique image that probably could carry forth his current state of mind. And in his heap of frantic emotions, he forgot to sign his name before leaving the station. Well, at least he remembered to write that it was for Chloe Clarisse.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I changed again. But it's useless to compare myself to the past when I have a present and future to tend to.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:09 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Valentine's Delivery Stand

Chloe walked over to the where one could by valentines for the ones they called theirs... She wanted to get one for Sun Henrick so she made it her mission to get there with the money in hand. Paying the two knuts Chloe thought about what she should say in her valentine. What should she say? Was there even a right or wrong thing to say? Well it doesn't matter so long as it got the point across.

To my dear Sun,

There is so much I could say but only one thing sounds right.
You make me who I am. Without you I would never open up and be the person I am today.
I'm happy to say that I am forever yours and that you are mine.

I love you with all my heart.

Love your Chloe

With that Chloe rushed off so that no one would ask her any questions. She didn't want to explain that she was sending a valentine to Sun. Not that it was a problem just that they really hadn't hung around other people much as a couple really and she didn't want to try and explain the reasons why.

With: Myself

Wearing: Blue Dress

OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:41 pm
User Image

User Image
"The fresh smell of cold,
The winter settles down.
The bitter frost leaps at me,
Through a wonderland.
Winter's home again."

As people came up and began to fill out forms, Natalya sighed. So she was basically the Russian cupid of sorts. Couldn't these students just tell their crushes up front?

Shrugging she began to hand the notes to the gnome that was going to deliver them. She did hope these love birds found happiness....or...whatever kids did nowadays.

I feel calm.
My thoughts are, "It's time...I guess."
I'm a professor of Cooking with Magic.
My puppeteer says "Woo~ Natalya post outside of cooking with magic!" Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:47 am
User ImageUser Image
In Company of: Professor Natalya Agnesse
[Wearing:Outfit for the Cupid's Ball with a yellow rose in her hair from Victor]

Ridiculous... This is absolutely ridiculous.

Ronna wanted to turn away the moment she saw the table from afar, manned by a Professor she didn't recognize-must have been for some elective that she hadn't taken. But the Professor looked like the sort of professional type the type who wasn't all overexcited about the holiday. She looked practical like she was there to do a job, execute to the best of her ability, but not the type who delighted in getting overly involved. It actually was comforting to Ronna, it reminded her of her father-unbiased-and it would make her probably odd request that much easier to make.

Thankfully the table seemed fairly empty and everyone else seemed preoccupied with other places of the ball. This was more of the place for the especially shy or the especially bold. Ronna would guess she was a bit of both as she went to the table and picked up a piece of parchment and a quill, took a deep breath as she collected her thoughts and quickly wrote a note in her no-frills handwriting, which while usually was a tad hard (she had broke a few quill nibs on occasion), the writing was a bit lighter as she had a bit uncertainty about what to write in what was essentially an apology to Crash from last summer. Saying sorry wasn't easy-and this was going to a particularly hard one. Letting out a sigh she wrote:

Sorry. You have every reason to hate me forever, but I do owe you a sorry for everything.

And, I don't know the exact cost of the Knight Bus fare but I figure I owe you the cost of transportation back to London. Using Muggle transportation that is about 60-70 pounds, so I need to pay you that. And, Dad gave me some package he said that was yours he wanted me to give to you when school started. I never opened it but I assume you forgot a glove or something.

Let me know where I can give these things back to you or where I can deliver them to you.

-Veronica.

She folded the parchment and glanced up at the professor and said, "I had a few questions, Professor.... Can this just be delivered sealed to the person without it being open or any fanfare like sang or recited and definitely without any flowers or anything. I mean it isn't exactly a valentine... I mean it is more of a business note," She said, embarrassed, before adding quickly, "I'll throw in an extra knut or something if it can, though!"
User Image

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:53 am
User Image

User Image
The winter settles down.
Through a wonderland.
Winter's home again."

Natalya glanced down as yet another student filled out a valentine, she...wanted this to be kept secret? The majority of the valentines were delivered secretly anyway, so she didn't understand the extra trouble, "Five knuts as per the usual order, no rose, da?" She nodded and waved her wand as it vanished to the gnome that was going to deliver it.

"Do svidaniya." She finished, short and to the point as she usually was. No fluff, no mess.

I feel calm.
My thoughts are, "All these valentines..."
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
[Wearing:Outfit for the Cupid's Ball with a yellow rose in her hair from Victor]

5 Knuts... simple enough. Seems like this might work.

Ronna was instantly set more at ease by the professor and let out a laugh as she handed over the folded parchment and five knuts. "A rose would be inappropriate all things considered. Like I said it is more business related. And I already got a rose for the only guy I'm interested in getting roses for this year." She of course was referring to the dark pink friendship 'thank-you' rose she had given Victor.

"Anyways, it is not to be opened except by the recipient and it is for Christian Barrett of Gryffindor. Don't bother telling him who it from, he'll figure it out when he reads it," Ronna said with a shrug before she bowed her head slightly to the professor and said, "Sorry, I'm sort of abusing the point of the Valentine Delivery system, aren't I?"

User Image

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:39 pm
User Image

David walked over to the Valentine Stand there was something he had to do for Shayna. He noticed Ronna and didn't want to say anything about it. So instead of saying anything he just took to writing on the parchment in front of him.

When I wake up there is no one I would rather see in the morning but you. You brighten the darkest of days and turn them into some of the greatest. There is no one I'd rather be with then you and to make you happy is at the top of my list. You are the love of my life and I'm so glad you're mine. To show just how much you mean to me here is a rose for each year we've been together.

Love yours truly,

David

When David was done he looked over at Professor Agnesse. He waited for her to be done with Ronna before asking his question. "Would it be too much trouble for me to have say, three roses delivered with this valentine to Shayna Snow? I'll pay extra for them." he said with a smile hoping it would be any trouble at all.

With: Ronna, and Professor Agnesse

Wearing: Formal Outfit

Squeeky Luff
mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:07 pm
User Image

User Image
The winter settles down.
Through a wonderland.
Winter's home again."

As Ronna continued, Natalya just nodded, "Da...Vank you for service." She said as she waved somewhat. She could never figure out the point of secret deliveries, couldn't people just come out and say it openly? IF you needed to apologize or confess, just do it up front. Less messy.

Then again she didn't see a point to romance in the first place, she was....what did people call her? Asexual? She never saw the point of it, so...whatever.

When yet another person came up and handed her the letter they wrote, she nodded some, "So...Two extra roses then? Da....Vat would be...." Let's see....it was valentines day, the price included the rose...So....The cost would be, "Two knuts for extra, da?" She said, may as well be nice this year. She waited for the payment as she waved her wand, the note then vanished to the gnome to deliver it, it would complete it's delivery as soon as she had the money, "Seven knuts total."

I feel calm.
My thoughts are, "...Hm..."
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

mc2
murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

David? Just my luck someone I know I would run into someone I know here...

"Thank-you, Professor," She said, bowing her head again. She felt like she could trust Natalya to get her probably rather unconventional order correct. When she turned she spotted David and heard him ask for three roses, her first thought was he should get a discount because she had specifically asked for no rose with her delivery so the rose that would have gone with her delivery could be one of the extra roses David requested. Then, she realized that he obviously would have seen her and he might have heard her.

She started with a "Fu-" but bit her lip hard to cut off the rest of the curse word, especially considering there was a professor present. Well, this was awkward... David had a girlfriend it wouldn't be all that weird for him to send a Valentine to someone, but for Ronna to be there... she had hoped to keep matters as private as possible.

"Um... hey David, sending a note to your girlfriend?" Ronna said with a forced laugh. "That's nice... anyways, I wasn't here, okay? I mean I'm abusing the system to send business notes anyways... so..." She knew she was talking too much and said, "I... I should to go back to the ballroom then, I lost my date earlier, but maybe I can find someone else to dance with me."

User Image

Squeeky Luff
murruelecreuset

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:33 pm
User Image

“Yep,” David answered her question before handing over the price she gave. “Thanks so much and happy valentine’s day to you Professor.” He said before turning his attention to Ronna who seemed a little displeased with him being there. “You got me. I probably could have just handed it to her but I thought this would be kind of interesting. You the whole singing Gnome thing.” He told her honestly. “Sure thing I didn’t see you secret is safe with me.” David assured her. “I better head off myself I need to find Shayna seeya later Ronna.” He said before running off himself to go hunt down his girlfriend where she maybe.

(Exit to auction area)

With: Ronna, and Professor Agnesse

Wearing: Formal Outfit

Squeeky Luff
mc2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:52 pm
User ImageUser Image

Okay, well the bright side of it being David, is he really isn't the type to ask questions.

Ronna smiled at David as he said she got him, of course, considering he was in a known relationship it was the obvious guess for him to be sending a Valentine to. She couldn't help and think it was funny that he thought the whole concept interesting with a singing gnome and all that. Ronna was pretty sure that if someone sent her a valentine that had a gnome sing to her and give her roses she would kill the sender-whether they were in a relationship or not. Okay, she probably wouldn't kill the guy, but she'd be very tempted to. As David headed out she smiled as he assured her, that her secret was safe with him. It was one of the reasons she was glad to see David had made prefect-he was responsible and was the type who knew what to do about other's problems or whatever, like not prying and keeping a secret in this sort of situation.

She waved at him as David left to go find Shayna and decided, though, she had said she was going to go back to the ballroom she would investigate the dinner banquet instead. She had, had several dances already with Victor (who quite frankly she doubted she would find someone who could dance as well as him or have as much fun with, or at least easily) and it wasn't like the twins who she had left seemed all that thrilled to see her. Taking a sigh she headed away from the booth massaging the forehead hoping that she had done the right thing in this whole thing. But then again, apologizing by sending a very frank, business oriented-to the point of being sort of cold letter by gnome who were sending Valentines to people was a little weird. Okay really weird. But, this way Crash didn't have to really talk to her if didn't want to-and he would be totally justified in not wanting to.

She shook her head, and forced a smile, and decided to focus on the ball, after all, what was done was done.

User Image

murruelecreuset

{Exit to Cupid's Dinner Banquet}  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Event Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff