Submit

angelmitsuna

Demonic Fairy

8,275 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:51 am
I'm a graphic designer in a printing company. I started working there since last October. I really thought I wanted to be a designer but now..after 3 months I feel more and more that this is not for me. I have anxiety disorder. And I've been losing lots of sleep because I can't turn off my mind from work (the designs) even at home.. I tried to avoid thinking about work at home and in my sleep but I just couldn't stop. I've only managed to sleep 2-4 hours each day and work in front of the computer during work for 9-10 hours nonstop for 6 days. And there's also the problem in my family that got me uber worried and depressed that it stayed on my mind ever since I learned about it.... I feel pressed on both work and family.

I've tried resigning twice and was held back twice.... I was prepared to give a third resignation letter because I really can't take it anymore.... my original probation period was for 4 months but the company made me a confirmed staff in less than 3 months and I didn't even know about it until today... my salary was increased a little higher than expected... the second time I tried to resign they said they need me in the company, knowing that made me happy... but I'm losing sleep and my health is suffering the consequences.... I have a weak body and I get sick easily... but I forced myself to attend work... I feel like a zombie.... my skin is turning for the worst... deep dark circles formed around my pained eyes.... my mum is both proud of me for being acknowledged and needed by the company and is also worried about my health and that I'm under a lot of pressure and stress now.

What should I do? Should I toss them my third resignation letter and the confirmation letter they gave me? or should I really stay and continue to lose sleep because they appreciate my work and needed me in the company? Is designing my cup of tea? or should I resign now before I sign the confirmation letter and go job hunting for a different kind of work?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:18 pm
You should resign. If it stresses you out and causes you to even think about resigning, those are the signs that you need to quit.

Your health is more important and you should put that first.

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:25 pm
MitsunaKay
I'm a graphic designer in a printing company. I started working there since last October. I really thought I wanted to be a designer but now..after 3 months I feel more and more that this is not for me. I have anxiety disorder. And I've been losing lots of sleep because I can't turn off my mind from work (the designs) even at home.. I tried to avoid thinking about work at home and in my sleep but I just couldn't stop. I've only managed to sleep 2-4 hours each day and work in front of the computer during work for 9-10 hours nonstop for 6 days. And there's also the problem in my family that got me uber worried and depressed that it stayed on my mind ever since I learned about it.... I feel pressed on both work and family.

I've tried resigning twice and was held back twice.... I was prepared to give a third resignation letter because I really can't take it anymore.... my original probation period was for 4 months but the company made me a confirmed staff in less than 3 months and I didn't even know about it until today... my salary was increased a little higher than expected... the second time I tried to resign they said they need me in the company, knowing that made me happy... but I'm losing sleep and my health is suffering the consequences.... I have a weak body and I get sick easily... but I forced myself to attend work... I feel like a zombie.... my skin is turning for the worst... deep dark circles formed around my pained eyes.... my mum is both proud of me for being acknowledged and needed by the company and is also worried about my health and that I'm under a lot of pressure and stress now.

What should I do? Should I toss them my third resignation letter and the confirmation letter they gave me? or should I really stay and continue to lose sleep because they appreciate my work and needed me in the company? Is designing my cup of tea? or should I resign now before I sign the confirmation letter and go job hunting for a different kind of work?

Is it because they give you too much work ? Is it possible for you to ask to work less or to give you less work ?

I am in similar situation , because I couldn't find a another job and working full time there doesn't give me much time to invest in searching in another job.
So, I asked to work part-time. I have less money, but I am physically and mentally better. I am just bothered and just a bit stress sometimes in finding a job.

When a job is too much work for you, you must find ways to make your work time efficient, some short cut, ask to your superior that it's too much and you need somebody else to help (splitting the work).

Or, you could find another job that is less demanding.

I believe you like to be a graphic designer, it's just the work that is too demanding so you can't enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:10 pm
I don't know much about your financial/family situation so it's hard to say.
I would line up another job and then resign (if they need you so much they won't care if you're looking for another job while working, especially because you already tried to quite!)
Find something less demanding project-wise/deadline. Maybe a more physical and repetitive job (I like working on my feet and miss my daily work outs that I was being paid for, honestly.)
If I quit my job due to stress without something lined up we would go broke and probably starve. I'm the sole wage earner of four full-grown adults, so.
(unemployment/human services office made it clear they will not assist us because we married young, don't have children, and pay our own bills)

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items