vday etiquette?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

viper_353

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:15 pm
Hey girls!
Anyone want to give me advice on some dating etiquette here?
I'm going out with a guy from school for valentines day. I guess this will be our second date.
Unfortunrately, I am not really interested in him and just agreed because I'd have felt bad for saying no.
Great guy, funny, body builder....still not my type. I think it's the whole "pecs as big as my boobs" thing.
I'm interestd in the sweet nerdy guy who I'm 99% sure is interested, but hasn't made any move to ask me yet.

So I'm wondering.... is there anything wrong with going out with a guy if I'm not really interested? If nerdy boy ends up asking, can I arrange a date with him the day after valentines? Or is that really rude?

Thanks girls. ♥  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:19 am
It's kinda rude to lead a guy on, when you're not interested, and you're waiting for the guy you like or what you consider a better guy.

Though only a second date, you should tell him it's not working out and arrange the date if the guy you like is ask you out.

Only a couple dates doesn't really mean much, it's okay to go on dates with different people, it's when you declare your relationship with the other person that you are creating more problems.

If you're in high school, it could be seen as a bad move, though in the adult world it's perfectly acceptable to go on a few dates with different people and see what works.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

ScarletSanity

Timid Dabbler

7,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:43 pm
viper_353
Hey girls!
Anyone want to give me advice on some dating etiquette here?
I'm going out with a guy from school for valentines day. I guess this will be our second date.
Unfortunrately, I am not really interested in him and just agreed because I'd have felt bad for saying no.
Great guy, funny, body builder....still not my type. I think it's the whole "pecs as big as my boobs" thing.
I'm interestd in the sweet nerdy guy who I'm 99% sure is interested, but hasn't made any move to ask me yet.

So I'm wondering.... is there anything wrong with going out with a guy if I'm not really interested? If nerdy boy ends up asking, can I arrange a date with him the day after valentines? Or is that really rude?

Thanks girls. ♥

If I were you, I would let the guy you don't want to date to know that you don't want your relationship to evolve into anything more than just friends.

I also don't suggest going out on two dates in one weekend, you might considered loose but if you go on a group date, you should be fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:33 pm
viper_353

If the other guy does ask you out and you want to say yes, then make sure you break up with the first guy before you go on a date with the second guy. Cheating on someone (no matter how much you like them) really doesn't make you feel good.
And I'd also suggest not leading someone on, if he's not your type then don't be with him. Don't feel the need to have a bf just for the sake of having one.

Kira Kahli

Omnipresent Noob

9,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items