Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
Church of the Highlands (New Sermon as of 2/26)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:07 am
I see a lot from just one person but, I would like to share with you every Sunday, the word of Our Lord from the Pastor of the church I attend.
We JUST started a new series this week so, hop on board and, listen to Breaking the Rules Part One this week biggrin

I will update in this thread every Sunday or Monday with the next part!

Tell me what you think about it?
Let us discuss the Word of God and Jesus Christ together!

Psalm 119:105

Breaking the Rules Part One: Ancient Family

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:58 am
I think it is great that you have decided to share this with us, and there is no ban of any sorts on making threads and posts. As many as you want! The more the better! That goes for everyone here. ^^

I read the Church statement of faith, and they seem to be a doctrinally sound church, so you just keep going, and checking things for yourself up against the Bible. Very encouraging that this is the church you belong to. smile

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Great that he is willing to stand up for truth no matter what. "My job is not to make people happy, but my job is to preach the Gospel of Jesus." Excellent!

Uff. I am at the point where he is speaking about people who like Jesus better than God. I have talked to people like that... I've found that it is because they don't understand Jesus nature, and His obedience and love for the Father. That Jesus was in no way, like the pastor points out, lowering the bar.
The standard I believe though has its basis in God's character, which is unchanging, so it was not in fact raised by Jesus, but revealed to a deeper extent. It grieves my heart when people think God is hard, and unjust. Especially fellow Christians, because we as Christians should know better having experienced God's grace.

I want to point out like he said, that it is a lie that you can not trust the Bible.
That is is inaccurate, or someone has messed with our translation of the Bible. Anyone who holds that view - I challenge you to do some research on this. You will be amazed at how mistaken you are.

It is also costly to be a Christian. You don't become a Christian to make God a slot-machine that will always spins sevens in our favor. Jesus told us to count the cost. It could cost us much, if we value greatly the things we loose.

Luke 14:27-35
The Cost of Following Jesus
…27"Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. 28"For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it? 29"Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who observe it begin to ridicule him, 30 saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.’ 31 Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and consider whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32 Or else, while the other is still far away, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace. 33 So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions.

34 “Therefore, salt is good; but if even salt has become tasteless, with what will it be seasoned? 35 It is useless either for the soil or for the manure pile; it is thrown out. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”

I don't know how relevant it is to this topic, but I want people to be aware of not just expecting good things to happen in their life. I would have abandoned God a while ago if this was what my faith rested on. It is not the foundation of faith. The foundation is Christ. He is the one it is resting on. That is safe, that is stable, and not based on circumstances sometime out of my control. I am not saying don't walk upright and justly, by all means, but don't count on it to make your life easier. If you do then you will be disappointed, you may have to suffer for what is good. Remember the blessings in suffering for righteousness.

1 Peter 3:13–17
13 Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. And do not fear their intimidation, and do not be troubled, 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts,

Great marriage advice though. It is something we need more of.
Practical advice is something I sometimes miss a little in preaching.
It is building up the believer and in turn the congregation.

Threatening someone with divorce certainly not right. I like these concepts!
Security in a relationship, allows us to work things out, to grow together,
and to come to agreements, and stay committed.

Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:40 am
All this is just so...new to me X_X  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:48 am
Cuteness Squared

Don't worry about it. ^_^ If you need help with anything don't hesitate to ask.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:00 am
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared

One of my friends from church bought me a One Year Bible for New Believers so, I've been trying to catch up on it since I got it around the end of January. I finished Genesis and, just started Exodus  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:03 am
Cuteness Squared
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared

One of my friends from church bought me a One Year Bible for New Believers so, I've been trying to catch up on it since I got it around the end of January. I finished Genesis and, just started Exodus

Genesis is an awesome book. How did you like them? I read the king James Bible the first time I read through the Bible. Very difficult language.
Audio books are also an option.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:15 am
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared

Genesis is an awesome book. How did you like them? I read the king James Bible the first time I read through the Bible. Very difficult language.
I'm very hard at remembering a lot so. I know in Genesis it was really about all the families forming I guess. I'm going to haave to read through it more than once I know that.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:19 am
Cuteness Squared
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared

I'm very hard at remembering a lot so. I know in Genesis it was really about all the families forming I guess. I'm going to haave to read through it more than once I know that.

Audio Bible on Youtube. ^^ Hard for me too. I don't know how people are able to memorize exact chapters and verses. When the situation rises though, that you need a particular verse, and you don't remember the exact verse or who said it, but you remember the wording you can easily find it by using Google.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:50 am
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared

Audio Bible on Youtube. ^^ Hard for me too. I don't know how people are able to memorize exact chapters and verses. When the situation rises though, that you need a particular verse, and you don't remember the exact verse or who said it, but you remember the wording you can easily find it by using Google.
I'm trying to find a favorite verse and, memerize it. So Far all I know is it's Psalms 119:105  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:57 am
Cuteness Squared
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared

I'm trying to find a favorite verse and, memerize it. So Far all I know is it's Psalms 119:105
John 3:16. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son. That is an easy one to remember.

User Image  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:12 am
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared
Garland-Green
Cuteness Squared

John 3:16. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son. That is an easy one to remember.

User Image

Agreed smile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:13 pm
Breaking The Rules Part 2

Well, here is part 2. We had a guest speaker, Pastor Richard Morris. He was talking about breaking the rules financially. It was very enlightening!
Hope you enjoyed it like I did.

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:40 pm
Here is the next part of the series Breaking the Rules. i hope you guys are enjoying them as much as I am!

Breaking the Rules Part 3- Breaking the Spirit of Baal

Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff