Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
▧ The Magic Neep ▧ Open ▧ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Beast and Harlot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:05 pm
        User Image

𝑳 𝑬 𝑶 𝑵 𝑨 𝑹 𝑫 𝑶__𝑀 𝐴 𝐿 𝐴 𝐾__𝑨 𝑫 𝑫 𝑨 𝑹 𝑰 𝑶
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
𝓽 𝔀 𝓮 𝓷 𝓽 𝔂 𝔂 𝓮 𝓪 𝓻 𝓼 𝓸 𝓵 𝓭,__𝓱 𝓪 𝓵 𝓯 𝓫 𝓵 𝓸 𝓸 𝓭
𝓼 𝓪 𝓵 𝓮 𝓶__𝓪 𝓵 𝓾 𝓶 𝓷 𝓲,__𝓬 𝓱 𝓪 𝓶 𝓮 𝓵 𝓮 𝓸 𝓷__𝓭 𝓸 𝓻 𝓶
10" 𝓪 𝓼 𝓹 𝓮 𝓷.,__𝓮 𝓻 𝓾 𝓶 𝓹 𝓮 𝓷 𝓽__𝓱 𝓸 𝓻 𝓷,__𝓾 𝓷 𝔂 𝓲 𝓮 𝓵 𝓭 𝓲 𝓷 𝓰

The stagnant smoke still lingered underneath his lambskin leather jacket, intermingling against the musk of a man who habitually drowned himself in the scent of Ralph Lauren's Polo Black each early morning (or afternoon.) An unwitting carrier, much of his day could be surmised by the faint odors that clung to dark gray jeans and white v-neck; an early morning of jogging his doberman, a browsing walk through Madam Puddifoot's array of treats, spices and pumpkin flavoured teas, then the quick walk about in Tomes and Scrolls lush with the smell of old parchment and freshly cracked open books. Too bad it couldn't warn her of the sudden release in testosterone as warm, chocolatey eyes pricked up at the sound of her voice and studied her carefully across the counter.

Maybe if he would have bothered to notice, he'd second guess how she had even heard him from so far away. His shrug was autonomic, almost habitual. The man didn't generally care for the little things; it was the big issues he held a voice for. "Dunno," he fingered an orange, rolled it between his thumb and forefinger before he tossed it upward into the air to catch a half second later. "Why? Are all grocery stores called 'neeps' around here?” He flashed her a toothy smile, tossed the orange back into its crate and lounged against a bushel of green apples. He'd taken dear notice of her accent—or lack thereof—even though it was so different than his own, it still reminded him of home. Except for the 'sir' part, that had to be a Southern mannerly trait.

"You're not from around here, are you?” He took a stab in the dark, but it wasn't much of a feat. "There anything worth doing around here?” The nude beaches really weren't all they were cracked up to be—unless there was a hidden gem somewhere hidden from tourists—which, now that he thought of it, there probably was...somewhere. His gaze swept up and down, pulled like the tides of the ocean to the moon. Her hair was vivacious; it made him wonder if it was natural, and what other things might be natural, or not. A definitive answer was hard to find in a plaid, loose fitting blouse, but it did leave room for imagination at least.

[out.of.crazy.: Well, sorry about that wait, I wasn't sure if the others would post, so I waited. I suppose they can just jump on in whenever they like. n.n
P.S. Idk why my layout looks so funny on FireFox, and not on Chrome. Hopefully none of the FF users will mind seeing the wacko format.
]

mc2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Sophie Taylor Dechering
[Cashier of the Magic Neep]

Sister of Professor Christina Anna Dechering (Healing Professor of Hogwarts)
Graduate of Salem's Institute for Witchcraft and Wizardry
Coyote Dorm Member
(Werewolf without a Pack Affiliation)
Current Age: 23
Wand: Osage Orange, Dragon Heartstring, Supple and Knobby, 10 7/8 inch
An American abroad and feeling a bit lost...
User Image

Sophie tensed at the man's informality and her eyes narrowed on the orange he was tossed in the air as she tried to block out the fact she had smelled guys at clubs she had gone to-to supervise her cousin-who had tried to hit on her cousin ViVi or even her who smelled less of cologne. It was expensive cologne and the musk wasn't bad... but still, it was a bit overwhelming. She took a step back, unconsciously and sighed wondering just how many cigarettes the man smoked a day to smell that much of tobacco. And cigarettes tended to be more expensive in the United Kingdom than the states.

"Are all grocery stores in the States a Super Walmart or a Publix?" She answered, rolling her blue eyes-forgetting that Publix stores were only ridiculously common in Southern states, especially Georgia and Florida. She sighed and not bothering to take out her wand muttered, "Accio Orange," the orange he had put back coming into her hand. She raised a brow and said, "Neeps are turnips actually. Old English. Or Scottish. Does it matter? It is only a name." She held up the orange and added, "Also, you bruised this, sir."

She turned, irritated by the fact she was aware he was not keeping eye contact. "I've lived close enough to Hogsmeade for a few years now. Why?" She made a small sigh as she carried the orange with her and set it on the counter. Turning, and leaning back against the counter she added her arms crossed determined not to blush or show how uncomfortable she was at his staring, "You're a wizard, aren't you. It is called apparition. Go to London. See the sights there if you want. It is fairly quiet here beyond the students that come in. I doubt you are the type to be interested in things like gardening and potion-making which tends to preoccupy my free time." Sophie couldn't help but wish that Kenneth would come from the back. She could deal a lot better with grumpy patrons or rambunctious students. Sophie could not handle some Yankee about her own age, who reeked like some horrid hole in the wall bar or tavern that didn't even have a decent selection of whiskey or other spirits and just poor tasting beer who had the lecherous stare of some guy on single's night at such a place and it was about a half hour till last call. She couldn't decide if she wanted to hex the man, punch him, disappear into the back room, or beg Kenneth or Ruth to deal with the man.

Wearing: Jeans and a Plaid Shirt
Time of the Year: 2027

The Beast and Harlot

{OoC}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:07 pm
Well, she wants to get in-
And she wants to get out,
But the city, it calls her name...
And the scars that she hides;
With those stars in her eyes,
Like the echoes, they're all the same.

User Image
rυтнveɴ
lιlιαѕ
мαceαcнαrιɴ

pυreвloodѕqυιвтecн geekѕιɴgle

Ruth was reorganizing some shelves that looked like they had gone through a bomb being set off. It was nigh impossible to believe just how badly people managed to replace the things they took off the shelves. Her (admittedly very noticeable) ears caught the sound of voices, and since she'd gotten to the point where she no longer lurked in the back and swept horribly whenever customers came in, she wandered towards the front of the grocer's at the sound of Sophie conversing with a male, twenties or thirties by the sound of his voice, and American, too. Good Gad, was she the only Scot left in the country? A quick glance and a sniff told her that American Lad here smelled like cigarette smoke, among other things, and had probably just given her coworker the old once over look. Pff. Men thought they were soooo subtle. Ruth neared the two with the look of a circling guard dog, and hopped up onto the counter beside Sophie, feet brushing the floor. "Where," she wondered aloud, "Do ye Americans keep comin' from? Sorry if I'm interruptin' anythin'," she added in quite possibly the flattest voice humanly possible. "Didn't know we were a tourist attraction. Woulda thought ye'd want the Shrieking Shack or one of the pubs." She wasn't being rude, per se, but she was nearly insolent. Just because she worked her didn't mean she had to bend the knee to every man, woman, and child who entered, after all. Besides, Sophie looked none too thrilled, and Ruth figured she had a responsibility to at least deflect some of the attention.

OOC:
mc2

The Beast and Harlot

Well, she's sick of this town,
And the walls of this house,
But her pride just won't let her see...
That when she swears that she's made-
With a heart that won't break-
She could be dead but she'd still believe,
That it's all been done before.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:01 pm
        User Image

𝑳 𝑬 𝑶 𝑵 𝑨 𝑹 𝑫 𝑶__𝑀 𝐴 𝐿 𝐴 𝐾__𝑨 𝑫 𝑫 𝑨 𝑹 𝑰 𝑶
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
𝓽 𝔀 𝓮 𝓷 𝓽 𝔂 𝔂 𝓮 𝓪 𝓻 𝓼 𝓸 𝓵 𝓭,__𝓱 𝓪 𝓵 𝓯 𝓫 𝓵 𝓸 𝓸 𝓭
𝓼 𝓪 𝓵 𝓮 𝓶__𝓪 𝓵 𝓾 𝓶 𝓷 𝓲,__𝓬 𝓱 𝓪 𝓶 𝓮 𝓵 𝓮 𝓸 𝓷__𝓭 𝓸 𝓻 𝓶
10" 𝓪 𝓼 𝓹 𝓮 𝓷.,__𝓮 𝓻 𝓾 𝓶 𝓹 𝓮 𝓷 𝓽__𝓱 𝓸 𝓻 𝓷,__𝓾 𝓷 𝔂 𝓲 𝓮 𝓵 𝓭 𝓲 𝓷 𝓰

The subtleties weren't as mixed as he had liked, actually, they were quite clear. She wasn't having any bit of this. Once he realized his ambitions would prove fruitless, it was easier to focus on his thoughts. Though there weren't that many to begin with, mostly along the lines of 'I'm bored as hell,' and, 'I'll find something—or someone to do.' He noticed her backwards step though regarded it as little more than a warning, but it did make him stall. "No, not all,” he commented offhandedly. "The Wal-mart's are everywhere, though,” he resisted the roll of his eye. He shouldn't complain so far from home. "So I'm right then?” He assumed. ”From the States, too? I'm guessing..? The south?” He reasoned, quirked a brow and pricked a smile when he heard the familiar ring of an enchantment and the zoom of an orange spurn past him to the counter. That made him frown quickly. But... he supposed he deserved it. Quickly disregarding the turnips as a fun fact he'll never need to know in life, he whistled out a low tune and offered a short laugh.

"Aw'right, aw'right, I get it, not in the mood to deal.” It was a fair assumption, one he wasn't quite so willing to give up, but would nonetheless. Even if he could get the name of a local hotspot (do they even have those here?) It would make this trip at least half-assed purposeful. "I just moved this summer,” he explained, casually browsed through the selection now that he didn't have much of a choice in the matter. He was buying an orange at least, apparently. "What, no plums?” He mumbled under his breath, scooped up a pair of ripened pears to carry. "Figured I'd ask if there's anything worth seeing around here. Not exactly a wizarding brochure and travel agency for vacation spots—or do you have one of those?” He paused, stopped to think and shrugged. Just as he began to inspect the plastic boxes of strawberries for the fattest, freshest, fruit knowing his sister would enjoy them; they were greeted by another stranger. Or she was a stranger to him. Remembering just how unappreciative his leering had been, especially in a bloody grocery store, he managed to keep his gaze firmly on the brunette's face. 'Where the hell is she from anyway, crazy accents,

"I came for Hogwarts, well—not me—my cousin.” His explanation was shortly lived and overshadowed by curiosity. "Shrieking Shack? Wha's that?” Luckily for Leon, he wasn't unused to what some might call hostility. He swiped up the pack of strawberries and juggled the two pears' in his hands' and walked them over to the counter to join the orange he had supposedly—"Seriously, that's not even bruised,” he didn't bother to check, so it could have been, but it didn't look like it from his point of view, and really, he barely tossed it. "Aw, whatever, I won't argue.” He conceded quickly; Leon knew which battles to pick, and this wasn't an advocacy for rights, or anything. "So, uh, what was that about the shack?” He wondered again, darted his vision back and forth between them.

mc2
”TheForgottenWeasley”

The Beast and Harlot

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:13 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason had entered to get some groceries. He didn't need to make as many runs here as he usually did, not since working at the castle, but he still needed to eat when he was home. When he had grabbed his purchases, he blinked and looked at the scene at the counter. Well now, this was interesting. Apparently there was some guy at the counter harassing the other local werewolf. His curiosity piqued, he leaned against the counter and picked a pear from his groceries and started munching on it, watching the event with bemusement.

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: Well, this is a curious sight...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:33 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Verily McHalen
                                                          Looking Relaxed at the Shop with Ruth, Sophie, some guy
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ What the hell's goin' on out here? ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I got a paint outside ✰ ✰ ✰xxx
                                                          With enough giddyup to be free; ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxx
                                                          I got a faint smell of cheap perfume, ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxxxxx
                                                          And a hint of gasoline. ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceKenneth had been sitting in his office, having his lunch, when he overheard the voices from the shop. He ignored it at first, figuring it was just a customer, but the rise of Ruth's voice made him pause. He couldn't really think of a reason for Ruth to intercede in a conversation Sophie was having with a customer, unless something was up. He folded up the paper he'd been reading and set down his sandwich, heading into the main shop. He stepped over to the counter, glancing between his two employees. Neither one looked particularly pleased, which boded ill for the man they were speaking with. He narrowed his eyes a bit at the guy. "Shack's the local tourist attraction," he drawled, shrugging lightly. "Supposedly it was locked up for years on account a' bein' haunted. Which, don't really make much sense, if you ask me. It's a club or somethin' now, I think. Or a bar. Not really sure which, never been there." He almost mentioned that Sophie had, but, he figured that'd be a bad idea. The guy'd probably ask Sophie about it, and Kenneth didn't particularly think she wanted to talk to him, especially not about something that was part of her private life.

spaceKenneth glanced over at the other man standing nearby, one of the locals. He thought the man owned the Herbology shop down the road, not that he'd ever been in there. Actually, come to think of it, now that he looked at the guy, he thought maybe he was teaching at Hogwarts, too. He certainly fit Elliott's description of the new Herbology professor. Kenneth glanced at Sophie. "Sophie, why don't you take care of... uh, Jason, wasn't it? Get him rung up?" he asked, figuring that would get her away from the other guy. Jason was a weird, guy, sure, but as far as Kenneth knew, he'd never caused any trouble. Just liked to be alone, he figured. Didn't care for people. Not that Kenneth could relate, but he didn't think it meant anything was wrong with the guy. And he was in often enough that even his usual glower (which he wasn't wearing at present... what, did he think the thing with the other guy was funny?) Kenneth didn't figure he could put Sophie off too much. That in mind, Kenneth turned to the American, arching a brow. "So, what, you came in to ask about local haunts? There's a pub literally right down the street. Can't miss it. Got a bloodied up hog head on the sign out front. Pretty sure they're open," he said, a small frown on his face. He didn't quite understand how someone could manage to walk into his shop, of all places, when looking for something to do. It didn't exactly look interesting. But, whatever. As long as the guy didn't bother his girls, he didn't really care.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✰ ✰ ✰ See I'm a different kind of knight;
                                                          xxxxxx✰ ✰ ✰ You're gonna find your fairy tales are lies
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✰ ✰ ✰ I don't have a white horse,
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✰ ✰ ✰ But you can come along for the ride

(( OOC: ))

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

The Beast and Harlot

Diamond Wales

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:58 am
Sophie Taylor Dechering
[Cashier of the Magic Neep]

Sister of Professor Christina Anna Dechering (Healing Professor of Hogwarts)
Graduate of Salem's Institute for Witchcraft and Wizardry
Coyote Dorm Member
(Werewolf without a Pack Affiliation)
Current Age: 23
Wand: Osage Orange, Dragon Heartstring, Supple and Knobby, 10 7/8 inch
An American abroad and feeling a bit lost...
User Image

Sophie couldn't help but give Ruth a small smile of 'thanks' relieved by the Scottish Squib's support. The girl was smart, quiet (a good trait), but had the ability to cut most people down with a few words or a look. She had perfected the tone and demeanor somewhere along the way and Sophie admired her coworker for it-and was just a bit envious of her. Though, she'd much rather Ruth didn't mention one of her favorite places to get drinks. What? The bats running the place made good drinks and had good raw steak on the menu. And the cages they sold were sturdy... Anyways, it was a good place to get quality whiskey and Irish Coffee. And people really didn't ask awkward questions on what you ate or drank-though common decency meant you did the same. Also it was a good place to get yourself killed if you were a moron-not a great place to find someone to hook up with considering those who hung out there.

Regardless, despite the man being fairly inquisitive and still asking questions and chattering, it was obvious Ruth's words and appearance made him understand that this was a grocery store, not a singles bars. And regardless of what some dating magazines suggested-grocery stores were not a place to find a date. Sophie narrowed her eyes at him when he argued about the orange and she said shaking her head glancing at Ruth for support, "I can see the bruising three feet away."

That was when she was distracted by a way too familiar scent-one of the many werewolves in the area, the one she actually recognized, the owner of Dogweed & Deathcaps. At leas the Alpha didn't bother her about having no pack affiliation and he did give her a discount on plants and supplies-but she did not appreciate him standing there with an unusual smirk on his face. She couldn't figure out if he found her reaction to the Yankee amusing or the fact the guy was unintentionally hitting on a werewolf. She raised a brow at him and sighed as Kenneth came out adding his input and explaining the Shrieking Shack.

"It's sketchy as all get out and a good place to get yourself killed," Sophie added with a sigh after Kenneth gave his input and was more than happy to be asked to ring up Jason Hill, even if she was annoyed at him for standing there smirking amused at the whole thing. He was a professor now, right? Maybe his students needed to get more detentions so he wasn't apparently so bored.

With a sigh she motioned Jason down the counter and said raising a brow before turning to her typical mannerisms, "Good afternoon, Professor Hill. Has your students no been keeping you busy enough?" She realized he was a professor the moment her sister described the new Herbology professor-and mentioned his name-apparently the new mix of professors were interesting according to her. Chrissy apparently delighted in just being seen as 'tough but fair' and 'American' instead of all the far worse things said about other professors. Sophie just wish Chrissy would find some guy or girl or hobby or something to keep her more busy as obviously work wasn't enough.

Wearing: Jeans and a Plaid Shirt
Time of the Year: 2027

The Beast and Harlot
The Forgotten Weasley
Diamond Wales
Cara MiaKitty
Quote:
Quote:

{OoC}

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:42 pm

User Image
rυтнveɴ
lιlιαѕ
мαceαcнαrιɴ

Ruth nodded at her coworker, then sharply glanced over in the direction of the door as Jason entered. She recognized the man, of course, from around Hogsmeade. He was intimidating.... and he was currently eating a pear. He had better be paying for that. By then Kenneth had come into the picture. He must have heard all the voices. She was pleased to see him narrowing at his eyes at the newcomer. She made a point not to enter the Shrieking Shack herself. A squib... hanging around that sort of place... she just felt like it couldn't possibly end well. She scooted off the counter, since her boss was present, after all, and she had to have some sense of decorum, and watched Sophie go deal with Jason. "The Shack is plen'y sketchy," she agreed. "An' there's the Hog's Head or The Three Broomsticks. Ye kin take your pick."

OOC:
mc2

The Beast and Harlot

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:38 pm
User Image
                                                                Never made it as a wise man
                                                                I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
                                                                Tired of living like a blind man
                                                                I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling
                                                                And this is how you remind me
                                                                Of what I really am

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? The Magical Neep
                                                                Who am I with? ...Coworkers?
                                                                What am I doing? Sweeping currently.
                                                                What am I thinking? I really hope that I can get enough to get my own supplies this year.
                                                                What am I wearing? Summer Outfit

Jesse felt weird. One moment, he was at Hogwarts with Elliott and the other boy not so subtly offering his place to stay for the summer, and now he was in Elliott's brother's shop, sweeping the aisles. At least he wasn't in the produce area, and at least he wasn't adverse to doing what he needed to survive. Which included working, even though Kenneth had stated flat out that this was him helping out, not earning his keep. Earning an allowance, the older man had said. Jesse didn't care, he was going to give what he had left over from school supplies and clothes back to the older man. Maybe even have enough to get a new pair of pants. He did have several pairs that didn't have holes in them, but he figured that since this one was one he patched at school with magic and he didn't care that much about, he could work in them. Meant that he wasn't trashing the good pairs, anyway. besides, if he got a new pair, he could retire the old pair and use one of his older pairs that didn't look like they had been through a meat grinder.

OOC:

It's not like you to say sorry
                                                                I was waiting on a different story
                                                                This time I'm mistaken
                                                                For handing you a heart worth breaking
                                                                And I've been wrong, I've been down,
                                                                Been to the bottom of every bottle
                                                                These five words in my head
                                                                Scream "Are we having fun yet?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:52 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Veяıłч M¢Hαłeи
                                                          Looking Relaxed at The Magic Neep with Elli and Jesse
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exasperated
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Damn kids... ❞

Søмeтħıиg ıš ω я ø и g, αłяıgħт, I тħıиκ øf чøυ α ł ł и ı g ħ т ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Cαи'т š ł e e ρ 'тıł мøяиıиg łıgħт, ıт м υ š т вe ł ø ν e ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxxxxx
                                                          S e e ı и g чøυ ıи мч đ я e α м š, ħøłđıиg чøυ ¢ ł ø š e тø мe ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxx
                                                          Oħ, ωħαт ełše ¢ α и ıт в e ? Iт м υ š т вe ł ø ν e ✰ ✰ ✰xxx

spaceKenneth frowned ever so slightly as he came out from the back of the shop. He had Elliott in the back organizing, which probably wasn't the best plan in the world. His younger brother was of the 'structured chaos' variety when it came to how he kept things. Meanwhile, Jesse was sweeping, and he couldn't help but wonder if he should've switched the two. But, taking care of the inventory was an awful lot of work, and really, he was trying to give Jesse as little work as the boy would let him get away with. The American was absolutely tearing his hair out trying to strike a balance between taking care of the kid and not offending him, and so far, he hadn't been doing the best job. Though, he partially blamed Elli; the Ravenclaw's dirty tactics to get his friend to stay the Summer with them probably hadn't helped the situation any.

spaceHe sighed, glancing up in time to see the younger boy, broom in hand, dutifully completing the task he'd been given... which was a lot more than Kenneth could say about his brother. But, whatever. Still, he found himself frowning as he looked at the boy. He hadn't gotten a very good look at the kid when the pair'd arrived earlier; he'd been too busy working in the back room to really pay much attention. But now that he was looking at him... "Jesse, those pants look like they're about ready to fall off," he said with a scowl. Not that he cared what the kid wore for the most part, except that nobody that young should have to wear a pair of pants that damn old. He doubted if they'd even been new when Jesse had gotten them, which only served to deepen his frustration. Not for the first time, he found himself contemplating how bad it'd really be to spend some time in prison, because if nothing else, he wanted to beat the kid's guardian (or whatever the hell Paul was) to a bloody pulp. If he ever crossed the guy's path again, he couldn't promise that he wouldn't deck him on sight; it was a matter of principle.

space"You can complain all you want, but tomorrow we're getting you new jeans." He knew Jesse was going to argue; the kid didn't have it in him to accept help. 'Charity.' It wasn't charity, dammit, it was being a decent human being and taking care of a kid who shouldn't have to take care of himself. But, of course, Jesse'd been in such a ******** up situation, he couldn't wrap his damn head around the concept. It was going to take some serious work to change that. Kenneth was hoping, though, that he could at least talk the kid into some new pants. If nothing else, he was working in the shop, 'earning his keep.' The American had tried to erase that sentence from the boy's vocabulary with absolutely no luck. As it was, he'd settled on calling it an allowance. He was getting paid the same as Elliott for the work, so no room to complain, right? Except he would. Repeatedly.

xxx✰ ✰ ✰ Iт мυšт вe ł ø ν e , ıт м υ š т вe ł ø ν e
                                                          xxxxxx✰ ✰ ✰ I fαłł łıκe α š ρ α я я ø ω αиđ fłч łıκe α đ ø ν e
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✰ ✰ ✰ Yøυ мυšт вe тħe đ я e α м I'νe вeeи đ я e α м ı и g ø f
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✰ ✰ ✰ Oħ, ωħαт α f e e ł ı и g , ıт м υ š т вe ł ø ν e

Red Hot Missy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:19 am
User Image
                                                                Of what I really am

What am I thinking? I really hope that I can get enough to get my own supplies this year.

Jesse looked up from where he was sweeping in time to hear Kenneth's comment about his pants. Looking down, he had to disagree. They weren't going to fall off, he'd made sure of that. Not that Kenneth apparently realized. Sighing, Jesse rolled his eyes. This was going to be another discussion about Kenneth giving him stuff, wasn't it? "They're fine. They're just pants I'm wearing so that I don't trash one of my better pairs. It's no big deal, really."

Except, apparently it was a big deal, at least to Kenneth. Jesse found his jaw clenching as Kenneth stated they were going to go out. He didn't exactly have the money to do that, and despite what Kenneth thought, he wasn't going to let the older man just buy him something. It just wasn't... It wasn't right. Not for the first time, the thought entered his head that he should have more money than he did. Which always left him scoffing at the idea. Seriously, he doubted he ever had the money to just afford to get what he wanted. Granted, when he was younger, he always acted like he could afford what he wanted, but that was back then. Hard reality had decided to intrude and prove him wrong, again and again.

Jesse would have said something, but a sudden wave of vertigo washed over him and left him shaking his head as the dizzy spell left as suddenly as it came. At least it didn't leave him nauseous. He hated when he got dizzy and nauseous all at once. This thankfully wasn't one of those times, but it still annoyed the teen. "Look, my pants are fine. Besides, I don't have the money for it. You and I both know that. So just... I'm fine, okay?" He wasn't sure if that last part was to Kenneth or not, but then again, the summer had been weird, and fast. Something was shifting, and he didn't know what it was.

OOC:

This time I'm mistaken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:51 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Veяıłч M¢Hαłeи
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exasperated
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Damn kids... ❞

Søмeтħıиg ıš ω я ø и g, αłяıgħт, I тħıиκ øf чøυ α ł ł и ı g ħ т ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceKenneth wanted to argue with Jesse, but he'd gotten to know the kid well enough that he figured it was pretty pointless. He swore, he didn't know what he was gonna do with him. Elliott was absolutely no help; he liked Jesse, they got along famously, and Elliott was just as stubborn as his friend. Kenneth could be stubborn, too, but he was out of his depth here. He tried to be easier with his brother than he was with other people, and that attitude carried over to Jesse. They weren't adults he could push around if they argued with him; they were a couple of kids who didn't know any better. It didn't do him any good to say 'my way or the high way' because that'd just make them resent him.

spaceHe let out an exasperated huff at the Slytherin's insistence that the pants were fine. The American looked over at the boy just in time to see him pause, and Kenneth frowned; looked like the boy wasn't feeling good. He stepped out from his spot behind the counter and approached, but Jesse had pulled it together by the time he got to him. He again insisted to Kenneth that there was nothing wrong with his jeans, and then pointed out his lack of money, which wanted the American want to shake the kid. Seriously, the boy had a serious hang up about money. Not that Kenneth blamed him, really, hell, he'd been raised in the South, he knew all about working to earn your way... when you were an adult, though. Kids weren't supposed to have to do that. Kids were supposed to have chores to teach them responsibility, school to educate them, and not a care in the world besides those. "I'll take it out of your allowance, Jesse," he said finally, knowing he'd have to make good on that. No doubt the boy'd compare what he got to what Elliott got, and if they were given the same amount of money at the end of each week, he'd call Kenneth out. "Trust me; you're earning it. Can always use more help around here. And at the house; Libby and Mitzy can't do everything. S'a big place. Not fair to leave them poor little things to do all the work," he insisted, thinking that this was probably the only way he'd get Jesse to agree. He hated having to treat the kid like an employee, but he didn't have much of a choice with the way he reacted to anything he thought was a handout.

spaceAfter a pause, Kenneth's eyes narrowed, and he frowned at the Slytherin. "Now, what was that a second ago? You got real quiet, and lookin' a bit like you needed to sit down. You alright?" he asked, hoping beyond all hope that Jesse was at least not so stubborn as to be the sort to insist he was fine when he wasn't. He had a feeling he wouldn't get that lucky, though. Hell, maybe he was just hungry; teenage boys tended to be near to passing out if they hadn't eaten in an hour. Elliott was shooting up like a weed, and Kenneth still didn't know where all the damn food was going. Boy had a black hole in his stomach or something.

Red Hot Missy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:37 am
User Image
                                                                Of what I really am

Jesse nodded, knowing the guy was bound and determined to ensure that he couldn't refuse. Granted. he was more likely than anyone else to just decide that no, he wasn't going to listen and he was going to do what he wanted. With Kenneth, that ended up with a ton of clothes in his trunk for school. And then there was Elliot, who had been bound and determined to make sure that he came over for the summer. If he didn't know any better, he could have sworn that Kenneth actually cared about what happened to him. He wasn't sure, and compared to what he was used to, it was an alien experience.

The experience got weirder when Kenneth asked about what just happened. Jesse shrugged, not knowing how to answer that. It happened often enough he recognized it, but not often enough to really give a definitive answer. As it was, the Slytherin simply shook his head when asked if he was alright. "I don't know," he admitted, his eyes raising to meet Kenneth's. "I just got really dizzy all of a sudden. I can't exactly explain it. I'll be fine in a minute or two." What was wrong with him? He was never this truthful about himself. Probably had something to do with Elliot. If nothing else, so far, he'd never run into another person just as set in their ways than him.

OOC:

This time I'm mistaken

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:04 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Veяıłч M¢Hαłeи
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exasperated
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Damn kids... ❞

spaceKenneth was glad when Jesse didn't argue, just nodded in acceptance of the fact that they'd be getting him new jeans. He knew that the kid was probably complaining about it in his head, but he didn't care; the boy needed someone to take care of him for once. He'd had to grow up rough, which wasn't something any kid should go through. The fact that the idea of someone caring about him and trying to help him, for no reason other than because it was right, legitimately made Kenneth want to hunt down every single person who'd ever hurt the kid and run them over with his truck. Anyone who'd make a boy as young as Jesse think that they had to earn the right to exist, of all things, was infuriating. Kenneth didn't know how bad things had been exactly, given that the Slytherin seemed incapable of opening up, but he'd had enough friends back home who'd come from less-than-perfect homes to teach him to recognize the signs. And in Jesse's case, it wasn't even difficult; the boy practically broadcast that he didn't trust anyone, that he didn't need anyone, that he could take care of himself. Which, hell, maybe he could, but the point was that he shouldn't have to.

spaceHe was honestly shocked when Jesse didn't brush off his concerns and just say that he was fine. He didn't know what to even do with that for a second, it was so unexpected. After a moment, he frowned, glancing around them. The American pointed to the counter, eyes narrowing. "Take a break, sit down. An' I mean it, no arguin'. Grab a plum or somethin' to eat while you're at it, blood sugar might be low," he told him, tone insistent. Already, he was stepping closer to take the broom from Jesse. He hoped that it was just that, that Jesse needed something to eat. Looking at the clock, it was about lunchtime anyway. A little early, maybe, but that was okay. He should probably close up the shop for an hour or so and take the boys to lunch anyway. Eating a bit early wouldn't kill them, and if Jesse was having problems, he at least needed to take a break. He figured he'd wait until Elliott finished what he was working on, and he'd sweep the floor in the meantime. Then they'd head out.

Red Hot Missy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 pm

User Image
rυтнveɴ
lιlιαѕ
мαceαcнαrιɴ

Ruth stood in the doorway of The Magic Neep, a broom in one hand, the other hand resting on the head of a snarling deer hound. "Och, ye feckin' bastards," she spat under her breath. "Whit sort ay shits gang efter wee kids." She was holding this shop open as long as she could. Kids were running up from the station, and she was determined to hide as many in the shop as possible. She'd been 'forbidden' to leave the shop, but the first a*****e in a mask that approached was getting deer hound at their throats and a broom handle shoved up their- well, you get the idea. She wasn't going to ******** cower because she didn't have magic. A masked figure approached. She could have sworn they were smirking behind the mask. They didn't see a wand, so of course she looked like an easy target. "Tam, get 'em," she said coldly and the dog sprang forth, pinning the attacker's wand arm in his mouth and biting down savagely, shaking his head. The masked figure screamed in pain, trying to shake the dog off. Ruth sprang forward, hitting them over the head with the broom handle until Tam finally let go, muzzle red, and they ran for it, obviously reconsidering the whole 'easy target' thing. "Yoo're lucky Ah didne hae heem gang fur ye feckin' balls!" she screamed after them.

OOC:

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff