Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Euthanizing People With Chronic Depression

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:39 am
Life-Ending Clinic Now Euthanizing People With Chronic Depression  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:04 am
Terrible. >_< Society believes that only people who are young, healthy and productive are valuable... so not much of a wonder that it doesn't need people who have a mental sickness.  

Ametrin

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:38 pm
Oh, world, what are you doing? emotion_facepalm

This though...

Quote:
Elijah sat under a broom bush and prayed that he might die (1 Kings 19:4-5), but the Lord didn’t euthanize him.

...made me laugh, but it's so true. What I liked about 1 Kings 19, is how not only did YHWH flat-out deny Elijah's request, but he sent an angel to tell Elijah to eat and eat some more so he could recover his strength and endure for the journey ahead. That's what we're suppose to do. Feed the person who is depressed, strengthen, rehabilitate, not eliminate them. In like manner to what one of the commenters said:

Elsie Bouwman
Isn't this scripture just amazing!! "Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad."(Proverbs 12:25) Wow! Imagine that-- a good word will make the heart glad and then where the anxiety and depression be then, when the heart is glad!!? Lord, help us find the good word that makes the heart glad, every day! Help us love and help one another by giving these good words to make the heart glad!! Thank You Lord! Thank You! Find and receive these good words and rescue multitudes; Holy Spirit quicken people with these good words to be spoken and bring gladness in Jesus' Name. Grace, peace and mercy be multiplied to you!! He loves you, God loves you with an everlasting love!

Amen, I pray the same, not just for people in the Netherlands but for people all over the world. May our Father use us to say the necessary words to uplift another's heart with gladness and drive their anxiety away. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:19 pm
Holy Cow...and no not the cow of India. I've had boughts of depression from time to time and this is the worst way out. Yeah, it can be difficult but it isn't a wise decision to end your life. Only in America do you get this kind of thinking, "Oh, you aren't happy, there must be something wrong with YOU. Here take a pill, go to therapy, just don't do it around me. Without proper understanding of a person's suffering makes for bad remedies, like this one.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:49 pm
Ametrin
Terrible. >_< Society believes that only people who are young, healthy and productive are valuable... so not much of a wonder that it doesn't need people who have a mental sickness.
I think, that is is because our society doesn't see the value of life. It doesn't see the uniqueness of us as an individual, our worth, and the value we have as human beings, because of the worldview that is prevalent right now; naturalism.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:53 pm
real eyes realize
Oh, world, what are you doing? emotion_facepalm

This though...

Quote:
Elijah sat under a broom bush and prayed that he might die (1 Kings 19:4-5), but the Lord didn’t euthanize him.

...made me laugh, but it's so true. What I liked about 1 Kings 19, is how not only did YHWH flat-out deny Elijah's request, but he sent an angel to tell Elijah to eat and eat some more so he could recover his strength and endure for the journey ahead. That's what we're suppose to do. Feed the person who is depressed, strengthen, rehabilitate, not eliminate them. In like manner to what one of the commenters said:

Elsie Bouwman
Isn't this scripture just amazing!! "Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad."(Proverbs 12:25) Wow! Imagine that-- a good word will make the heart glad and then where the anxiety and depression be then, when the heart is glad!!? Lord, help us find the good word that makes the heart glad, every day! Help us love and help one another by giving these good words to make the heart glad!! Thank You Lord! Thank You! Find and receive these good words and rescue multitudes; Holy Spirit quicken people with these good words to be spoken and bring gladness in Jesus' Name. Grace, peace and mercy be multiplied to you!! He loves you, God loves you with an everlasting love!

Amen, I pray the same, not just for people in the Netherlands but for people all over the world. May our Father use us to say the necessary words to uplift another's heart with gladness and drive their anxiety away. heart

From what I have gathered God doesn't want us to be worried. He offers peace, and love. So, these things do not have their origin in him. I think the remedy for many is trust. Trust in God, go under his protective wings.

Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Psalm 17:8
Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:03 am
Hamul
Holy Cow...and no not the cow of India. I've had boughts of depression from time to time and this is the worst way out. Yeah, it can be difficult but it isn't a wise decision to end your life. Only in America do you get this kind of thinking, "Oh, you aren't happy, there must be something wrong with YOU. Here take a pill, go to therapy, just don't do it around me. Without proper understanding of a person's suffering makes for bad remedies, like this one.
Depression is really heavy to carry, and it kind of blinds you in a way. It is making you feel that things are hopeless, and will always remain the way they are, and that there are no other ways out. That is the nature of depression. It skews our perspective, and creates blind spots. There is a difference also like you pointed our between sadness and depression. Sadness isn't necessarily soul crushing. It doesn't rob you of your will to live.

You are right that it is not the right way to do things - to take our life. I was terribly depressed before I found Christ, or he found me. I was going to hang myself because I didn't see life as worth living. It was miserable and lonely.
I am really glad I didn't. Really glad not just for myself, but also for other people. Life would have ended for me, but would have been very different for those around me. It is a terrible burden to place on those who are left behind.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games