66%  [ 39 ]
Kinda (post what you would change?)
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 59

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:54 pm
^w^ I just wanted to throw out the idea of a wish star type event in which a none winged soq could be granted wings? I doubt this is will work, what with the recustom rules, but idk, with it being shop event like that, I guess the soq could, IC, explain that it was a magical voodoo type thing. ;u; ?

Feel free to discuss, but I was just throwing this out here for colorists if they ever wanted to. <3

Edit 1: I would probably limit wings to rare and under breeds. (So no super rare wings)
Edit 2: The colorist would not have to completely redo your pony. They would only need to click the reveal button in photoshop for the wings to appear, and color them. If they do not have access to the original file, they still need only to add the wings to the flat image (png), color them, edit (if needed) to incorporate with the mane, items, or etc, and resave.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:00 pm
Wouldn't this be kinda like making a whole new soq? How hard is it to put wings on a soq?  

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:02 pm
Not hard at all. ^w^ Especially if the original colorist still has the original file, with layers. Even if they don't, the wings can just be colored, added to the body on a png file, and edited to incorporate with hair, items, what have you.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:27 pm
Sorry to say, even though not a FULL recustom, it would still count as a recustom.

• Recustoms who change breeds will not be recognized ICly by past mates/children/friends, though they retain their own character/personality.
• 2nd gen or higher Soquili may NOT change species or add/remove traits.  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:31 pm
Aw, okay. ;w; Just a suggestion~  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:03 pm
That's too bad I would adore wings. Without a full recustom.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:08 am
AllSummedUpNJazz
That's too bad I would adore wings. Without a full recustom.

There is no way of adding wings without it being a full recustom? o__o  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:50 am
I just mean I wouldn't want to have to start my soq over again :/
I would've t want her to loose her memories ect
I would just like to RP it that she got blessed or something.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:06 am
@ Heart:
Sadly, according to shop rules. ; ^;
But again, I mention its not a recustom slot. Its a magical slot, where I don't see a problem with the soq telling their friends/family/etc. "Hey, I ran into this voodoo witch/wishing star thing and I got me a set of wings!" > >  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:58 am
I think there's a bit of a confusion going on here.

Even if enough of the original file exists to add wings I'm pretty sure the shop would still consider it to be a 'full recustom' as far as the rules are concerned. It's a breed change no matter what language is used to try and justify it otherwise.

Adding wings to a reg makes it a wind whether or not there are IC reasons for it.

I suspect the memory rules are there to prevent breed from becoming fluid. Sure, if someone is dead set on changing the breed of a gen1 they're permitted, but we really don't want people just changing breed because they can, so memory loss is added as another fine for doing it.

Something like this would make it very easy to change breed and really defeat the whole purpose.

I'm not only not on board, but also really against an event like this taking place.  

one over three

Feline Cat

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:46 pm
I'm really not a fan of this event idea either. Even if you don't intend on it being so, it seems just like a way to get around the recustom rule. Not only does it not really fit with the mythology and the rules of the shop, it also could get really out of hand. Like... why stop with wings? Why couldn't the spirits bless unicorn horns, or kalona tails, or fire manes?

If we establish a way for this to happen in the soquili universe, then the "no alternate species recustoms without wiping the slate" rule stops making sense, and it's just inviting chaos and setting-breaking for soquili to magically poof into new species.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:22 pm
It would be a recustom unfortunately (as others have said) so I don't see it happening. It does sound like it would be a fun event hypothetically though so I understand where you were coming from n_n  

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Iokabrenna

Tricky Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:39 pm
I'm trying to see where it's really any different from an existing soquili becoming a skinwalker. I don't support it being a customs option, but rather an event. Like angeni granting wings to existing soquili, ect. Just like the cursed ones got cursed and got pelts. After all, personality wise, the cursed one's didn't have to 'start over' in RP, they just became corrupted/evil. Wings gifted from wishing stars or a one time event wouldn't need to change a soquili, player could just rp it as it happened during the event.

Not like my opinion should matter, I'm too busy for the place now, but that's my two cents.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:57 pm
I agree with 1/3 and Roniel about this. I've always felt skinwalkering is different from growing new body parts, I always thought of it as sort of like becoming a werewolf/vampire/whatever. You get 'bitten' (dusted with powder) and it twists you into a monster, and part of your monsterous-ness is manifested in the pelt you skin off of some unlucky creature. Growing a set of wings is a completely different thing, because it changes your breed and genetics to wind/flutter/whatever. Yes, plenty of soquili could arguably wish for wings. They could also wish for horns, or talons, or scales, or fins, or fangs, or whatever else. I don't think doing one and excluding the others would make sense, and I really don't think that allowing soquili to randomly change breed makes sense.

Cursed skinwalkers are not a 'breed' genetically, or at least as far as I've managed to understand it, because their offspring are always uncursed and look like however the skinwalker did BEFORE the curse because genetically they're a regular/uni/kalona/whatever. Purewalkers are a breed, their offspring can be purewalkers too, because genetically they are purewalkers. Adding wings to a soquili makes it appear half-wind/flutter/whatever because that's what the breed of soquili with wings is, especially if the wings would now be passable to offspring... and if they couldn't that could just add another complication because 'real' and 'wished' wings would need to be kept track of.

It does seem like a cool idea, and I could definitely see it being fun in a shop where maybe wings aren't genetically significant as a breed feature already. But I think in a place like this one where there are already winged breeds (especially since the only thing that makes a breed Wind IS the wings) it wouldn't work.  

zephira738

Timid Hunter

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:53 pm
Yes. What Roni and Zeph said.

A cursed skinwalker kills the first creature it comes across and takes it's pelt. It's not magically growing anything new just because it feels like it and the pelt isn't passed down to it's offspring. The offspring of a cursed skinwalker is still based on what the skinwalker was originally.

Two cursed walkers who where once unicorns breeding produce unicorn babies.

A cursed flutter and a cursed kirin breeding produced kirin-flutter hybrid babies.

A regular pony blessed with wings breeding with a kirin would produce flutter-wind hybrids.

It's inherently changing the species in a way that skinwalkers don't ever do. And like Zeph said there's no sane way to track who has blessed wings and who has their birth wings for the answer to be "Just don't let the wings pass in breedings!"

If an event like this were to work under the same logic as skinwalkers the ponies would have to be going around tearing wings off other creatures and sewing them to their own backs.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff