Total Votes : 59

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:07 pm
Yeah this doesn't make sense in the setting at all. I really don't see it working. And it'd cause a LOT of people to be very upset when they paid money for a recustom (for those who did) to see non-recustoms occurring, basically, that don't have to follow the reset rules.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:00 pm
Honestly, when you're getting a Soq, you know what you're getting.
If you breed a wind with a reg, you're likely to get a reg. That's the risk you take.
If you win a Soq as a freebie or in a raffle, you usually have a choice between several options.
If you get a custom, and you want a winged breed but can't afford it, save up more before trying in customs.
If you get a CYO or a semi custom, you know that the colorists have creative freedom and that you may not get the breed you'd hoped for. Once again, that's your own risk to take.

It isn't rocket science. If you don't want unwinged Soqs, don't breed with them or enter for them. I think an event like this would muck everything up. Suddenly staff would be seeing plees to get their Soqs pawed/clawed, and to get them to grow wolf tails, because if you can do it with wings, why can't you do it with other traits?  

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:14 pm
What if the wings were actually an item? Like, there's a Mini somewhere with a pair of wings on her that are cardboard wings, since she's a dress-up angel. This would look more 'realistic' with flutter wings, as they can easily be propped up with something inside the wing structure and still look 'natural' to the horse(If you look past the straps to hold it on), though wind-type wings would be awesome, too. Nobody changes breed, it can be an item that passes on, and in the case of types like Kalona half-breeds, if they're in a family that primarily has wings and they for whatever reason LACK them, they can have a pair that straps on.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:33 pm
I think the overwhelming amount of 'No' votes on this idea makes it pretty clear how the Soq community as a whole feels about this.

If the shop was more about magic and the setting allowed it, it might work. But that's potentially another shop and not Soq.

I really think the best option if you really wanted wings is to go for the recustom and deal with the consequences of that characters species change. To me it entirely makes sense that the character is essentially brand new. I wouldn't want to put any of mine through the trauma of growing new limbs.

I also can't think of a single one of my horses I would wish wings on, so to me this event would be entirely pointless and I'm sure there are others that feel that same way. The whole, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it.", kind of ideal.  

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50

FallenThroughMidnight

Questionable Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:38 pm

I am afraid I agree that this is not an event/option I would want to see. While the concept is fun, it does not, to my mind, suit the setting as it has been described.

Maybe a more appropriate idea would be some sort of 'Take to the Sky' event with a theme of 'winged Soquili/familairs', in the same way the summer event had a lot of tiki-type markings and the recent Year of the Horse stuff was themed too. Otherwise the usual methods seem to work pretty well for gaining new Soquili, including those with wings.

Andranis' suggestion of a wings-item could be fun too, I do recall seeing the 'angel' mini, and I think I have seen a 'bee' around at some point too. They would not necessarily work for flying, but maybe if custom items open up again you could give that a try?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:54 am
See, doing the 'Wish for Wings" thing with item-wings would be a good way to get wings in the item shop smile It could open up potential for more custom possibilities later wink  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:31 am

User Image ^^* I admit, I don't really see the point of a whole event about wishing for wing items with no practical purpose. There is, however, a feather cape that has the appearance of wings. If anyone wanted a pony with faux wings I would suggest using this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:09 pm
Redacted  

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:44 pm
Here are my thoughts:

I think there's more to this idea than just "I didn't get what I want so now I want it changed." There are plenty of RP/IC reasons why Soquili may want to change. I've seen several Soquili through RP have wanted to be a different race; for example there's an ongoing plot between the Thunderbird Herd and one of Balrog's son's who would LOVE to somehow become a Kalona, due to a deep family feud. He hates his wind heritage and now wants to dedicate himself to Kalona. According to the official Kalona lore, one of the origins of Kalona is proported to be regular Soquili that were twisted by Kalona himself. Now sure, lore is lore and not reality... BUT it makes IC sense why some Soquili may want to change breeds. Grounded Soquili who fall in love with a wind who wants to join them in the air... a Kalona who wants to shed his traits because he doesn't like the negative connotations with his race, etc.

Now, because the Soquili shop is a low magic setting, it definitely doesn't mean it can HAPPEN, but the idea itself is pretty interesting. There IS magic in the setting...(domained) Angeni can shapeshift into a human guise, and have powers, etc. So yeah, I definitely don't think they should change the recustom rule (as in, you couldn't just change breed w/o the IC consequences just by getting a custom slot), but I CAN see justification for a RP based event.

However, I can also see why the shop doesn't want that kind of precedent, and the poll clearly shows that. But ultimately...just because an idea might not work doesn't mean its a bad one. smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:45 pm
Project Strife

Uh... you might want to take a look at the RP guidebook. Almost everything you talk about (skinwalkering, angeni, etc) are described there.

Yes, Soquili does have magic. Yes, there are limits. Even if something is possible (and even easy!) to do with the soquili art, that doesn't mean that it's going to be allowed if it contradicts soquili lore.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:27 pm
We're actually working on a response to all this, which is why we locked the thread. :3 We'll post it soon as we have a response written up and worked on and do appreciate everyone's input.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff