[PLOT - PRP] A Small Note (Gulliver & Kishi) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The captain of the rangers walked purposefully down one of the paths through Laisidhiel, he was watching to make sure noone saw him as he moved. He had a destination in his mind, a place he'd been multiple times. He carried in his hand a piece of parchment with a note written on it and Kishi's name written on the front and a single pink rose. With the coast clear he walked up to her door and propped it carefully against the door and put the note fold side up like a little tent beside it and then briskly walked away.

He liked her, he had for a long time, but he wasn't sure how to tell her or even if she liked him, so for now this seemed the best course of action. If nothing else Gulliver hoped the rose would bring a smile to her face.

The Note
Dearest Kishi,

A single pink rose for a faun who is equally delicate and pretty. The happiest of valentines, from one who is too shy to tell it himself.

~ From One who admires you

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:08 am
User Image Kishi left the Hearts and Hooves party a little early. She'd mingled, shared a snack and drink or two and felt knackered. The day had been a long one. She'd spent far too much time out in the fields practicing.

Slowly winding up towards her own little cozy nook, she noticed something in front of her door. She stopped and tilted her head slightly. Someone not cleaning up their rubbish? She shook her head and continued to find that the "rubbish" was a lovely pink rose. A little parchment tent made her giggle and she lifted it expecting something to be underneath. A brief moment of disappointment was soon replaced with curiosity as she noticed the rune for her name expertly scrawled on the paper. She flipped it over and read the note on the underside.

Her pink cheeks turned deep red and she pulled the corner of the bottom of her lip between her teeth. She looked around, trying to see if maybe the admirer was maybe watching from around a corner or something. As if corners existed in the circular habitat's main hall/ramp. (Just doorways and maybe a few windows with sills.) She wondered how she'd thank this admirer if she didn't know who it was. Pondering the new mystery, an adventure started forming in her mind and she entered her nook, ready to start the paper trail and become Sleuth Kishi once again! (A title she's not bestowed upon herself since her childhood.)

First step, she made a little note that said, "Thank you. Who are you?" and immitated the little tent fold and set it outside her door. She did happen to sneakily watch through her little round window on her door to see who'd come pick up the note.

She sniffed the rose once more and giggled. She'd never had a secret admirer before and thoughts of who it could be swirled in her mind. "Maybe that handsome Faun that works the garden in the boughs. Or that one guard. He winked at me once before. Maybe he's shy?" she laughed. She wondered if any of her friends would be interested in hearing about this, or if she should keep it a secret.

Naw, this was too juicy to not share with her friends.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:44 am
Gulliver didn't know the reaction of Kishi, nor her note she'd left outside, he'd avoided her nook doorway for a couple days. But his curiosity was getting the better of him, he'd seen her in the common area, he'd seen her popping in and out of places. He knew his favorite pink faun was a bit of a gossip and he tried to get a feel of how she'd reacted. Mojo, though being the ever-listener he was didn't give him any hints, and although he saw her being chatty with a few, he never found excuse to talk to them himself.

"Well I cant live in wonder forever" he told himself as he stood in front of his mirror in his nook the week after the valentines bash the fauny had thrown. He didn't really have it courage to walk up to her and directly ask. "So did you get my flower?" he asked his reflection, "No that won't do...." he stared at himself "So Kishi whats the word, anything special?" he made a face, no those were all too cheesy and it didn't feel natural. "I'll just go visit her" he said with a nod.

Gulliver gathered up a shoulder bag, he had some stuff to do after his visit but didn't want to come all the way home to retrieve this. Besides, there was more in that bag besides his hunting stuff. Taking a deep breath to gather himself he leaves his nook and heads for the door of Kishi's nook hoping she was actually home. He went to knock but paused noticing a folded parchment, and it wasnt the one he'd left for her. carefully and quietly he stooped to look at it. He smiled and put it back just where he'd found it, he'd take it later he wanted to know how she felt about the rose first before he did. Making sure it was as she had put it he stood back up and knocked a steady knock as he always did and waited to see if she was there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:40 am
Kishi sat on a feather-filled pillow at the little wooden table in the center of her living space. Her legs crossed in front of her, she was peering over parchments. She held the cup of a long pipe in her right hand, occasionally "puffing" on it. She's not a smoker -- even if its an acceptable practice among Faun -- so she put honeysuckle nectar in one and each puff provided a tiny taste of the delicious sweet treat. Besides, it wasn't functional, but more for the costume for the role she was playing. All sleuths needed a pipe to help them think. A pipe and a fancy hat. Her fancy hat had been fashioned out of several dried palm leaves. It was pretty big. But Kishi knew she looked very sleuthy and it'd help.

On the center of her table, in a slim decorative vase made of shells, was the pink rose. Starting to wilt, but looking healthy enough to last a few more days.

"Come on in!" she hollered, still looking over her notes, pondering a possible lead she'd managed to squeeze out of Mojo.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:58 am
Gulliver couldn't help but be relieved she was home, he hadn't let her know he'd come see her, so it was more of a surprise visit. He heard her invitation to enter and did just that. "Good afternoon Kishi" he greeted her as he closed the door to her nook behind him. He glanced around to locate her and saw her flower and smiled, then his eyes landed on her and he suppressed a chuckle. "Kishi, whats with the outfit" he questioned as he set his bag down on the floor beside the little table and sat down beside her trying to peek at her parchments at the same time. he wasn't trying to be nosy, but he was interested to find out what she seemed to be studying in her silly getup.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:47 am
"I'm sleuthing." She said matter-of-factly. "I have a mystery to solve and it helps to get into character." Kishi smiled and nodded to the little glass jug on her table. "You can join me if you want. I have sun tea. Tea and honeysuckle nectar help me focus."

She noticed he was looking over the notes and she pushed the current list she was working on in front of him. "That's my list of suspects." The list was short, about 4 male faun, and one female. "Someone, while I was at Pinkie's party, left this flower on my doorstep." She pointed with the smaller end of her pipe to the pink rose. "I aim to find out who." She took a puff -- and by puff, I mean a little taste of the nectar -- of her pipe, looking deep in thought.

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked after a few moments of deep reflection and deducing. She nodded towards the bag he'd set down. "I've heard rumors of stuff. I wasn't sure you'd even be in the Tree this week." She may have been trying to practice her investigating skills by being observant and asking poignant questions.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:31 am
Gulliver took the information in stride, smiling as he did. It could easily be an expression as one thinking it a nice gesture. He wasn't sure if he should give himself away just yet. "Sounds like someone had an eventful night then" he mused and took the list she was handing him. Four males one female, none of them was him, and inside this disappointed him. What if she didn't share his feelings if she figured it out it had been him who left the flower and note. Gulliver recognized most of her list and most of them to him seemed innocent enough 'suspects' well except the female... Why would she suspect them? He slid the notes back to her after reading them.

Glancing at his bag a moment he nodded "Yes I need to go do some scouting, and that's got some supplies I'll need for the time away too." He smiled at her watching her fit puzzle pieces together in her own mind.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:44 am
Kishi nodded sagely. "I should have been able to guess that. Where else do you go with a pack?" she asked, merely mocking herself out loud. She started to doubt her sleuthing abilities, until it popped into her head that she overlooked the obvious with Gulliver's outing. Maybe that's what's going on here! Maybe the person is right under her nose and she didn't even see it.

"Let me see that list again," she said as she reached for the list she'd let Gulliver see. He had offered absolutely no feedback or opinion on the matter, so she figured she'd not get his help anyway. Oh well. Captain of the rangers with professional tracking and scouting skills would have been nice to have on her team. She'd have the mystery solved in no time. Though maybe he's just busy.

I wonder...

"Well, since I can't really narrow it down any further based on what I know, I think I will send a note to each one, and see how they react. Hide around the corner so I can--

Wait a minute, do you think the person who did this was lurking around when I got my note and flower? Maybe it was someone nearby. I think I should check each suspect's alibi one more time. I could probably cross a couple of these off then cuz I heard they weren't even in the Tree that night. Can you imagine? Going against Rais' rules. Who'd be so dumb?" she chuckled. She was likely the only one afraid of Rais and his hammer of justice. For no good reason either, other than he just intimidated her. She'd never taken the time to get to know him, but then again, she figured he had more important things to do with his time than socialize with everyone.

"So what part of the island you heading to? I've some fairly juicy rumors about some things going on the mainland. Are you going to investigate them?"

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:19 pm
He chuckled "I suppose so Kishi, i suppose so." he slid the paper towards her leaning a lil closer to share it in a sense. "Well this one here, I saw him at the party Pinkie threw" he pointed at a name on the list, he was about to continue when she started bombarding him with questions. He'd also heard about the faun and fauny who had disobeyed the order to stay in the Tree on that night. "and you are right a couple of these are on other tasks from that night." He looked towards her, he could see the wheels turning in her head, she had this quality about her whenever she was deep in thought. He smiled, that thoughtful expression coupled with her current attire was just adorable.

"There is always something happening on the mainland, I'm not sure which rumors you've heard. But I have a couple to check out, plus some thinking I want to do on my own. I am thinking I'll be gone 2 or 3 days, but we'll see I could be back faster, or be gone longer." he sat more upright "I presume you are just going to investigate this until you get an answer? What if the answer does not wield the answer you'd expect? Then what will you do?" he was trying to probe her a little see what she was thinking, after all his name wasn't even one she was investigating.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:17 pm
Kishi noted with interest the one name Gulliver pointed to. It had to mean something if he singled out that pae. And mentioned he was at Pinkie's party. He must know something! "I will make sure to interview that Pae next." she says taking another puff of her pipe.

She listened with attention to everything he said, thinking there may be a clue. But he nearly burst her bubble with his response. She sulked a little, and put her pipe down. "Well, the sleuthing is keeping me busy. And I wanted to know who'd think of me enough to want to give me a flower. I don't really care who it is, even if its Chief Rais, though I don't think I'd like that cuz his wife might hurt me. I just wanted to thank whoever it was."

She took her hat off and set it on the table. She poured herself a cup of sun tea and took a sip while watching Gulliver. He was a strange one. She wondered why he checked up on her so much with as busy as he should be. "I hope you find whatever you are looking for. And get the thoughts you are trying to think. Thoughts are elusive sometimes."

"Oh! Hey, since you are going to be gone a few days, I want to give you something to make the trip a little better." She got up and went rooting around in her little nook's kitchenette. She opened a cupboard and pulled out one of many small bundles. She pulled out a stack of thin, soft leaves which were tied together with a little dried straw. "I figured you might forget to pack this, cuz most Faun do. Then they're stuck using poison ivy or something and their butt itches." She handed Gulliver a bundle of what the Faun use as bathroom tissue and smiled. Practical and useful.

"Maybe when you get back, if you have time off and I haven't figured it out, you could help me find the mystery flower-giverer?"

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:21 pm
He nodded and listened to her. His heart sunk another notch when she when it seemed all she wanted to do would be to thank whoever left her the flower but he hid his emotions on this. He'd let what came came, if she didn't like him then it was nothing he could control.

"I hope I do find something at least. All I can do is try, and see what happens" he agreed. She stood and left his side seemingly talking to him over her shoulder, it couldn't have been a better moment in his mind. And while she was being the investigator at the moment he wondered just how closely she was paying attention around her. He opened his bag as she spoke, if she asked why he figured her giving him something to take with him was as good an excuse as any any he'd been trying to sort out how he'd do what he hoped to do all along. He quietly without a sound slipped a fresh pink flower from his bag as she dug through her kitchenette and put it in her little vase with the first flower careful not to make a noise. He turned towards her just as she headed back for him and held his hand out for what he was being handed. Gulliver looked at the bundle and smiled giving a small inward chuckle... only Kishi would be so straight forward thinking to remember such a simple thing for a trip. "Thanks Kishi" he told her moving to put the bundle in his bag, and she'd been right, he hadn't really thought of that item.... he had other things on his mind as he'd packed his bag before coming to her nook.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:09 pm
Kishi took her seat on the floor at her table and reached for her cup for another sip of her sun tea but paused, mid-sip. Her eyes darted from the second flower, to the first flower to Gulliver. She quietly finished her sip, and gently set the cup on the table. Then she freaked out.

"Gulliver, oh my stars, look at that! The flower had a baby or something. Or did it clone itself? Oh wow, this is amazing! You were sitting here, you saw it, what happened?! Tell me what the flower did? We have to tell someone! I wonder where these flowers grow!?"

She was practically bouncing on her rump, smacking the table with one hand while pointing with the other. "It's ... it's a magic flower I bet! Anything's possible on this island!" Suddenly felt the urge to explore more to find more mysteriously magical items. "This changes things. Someone wanted me to have a magic flower, not just any flower. I think the whole game has changed now." She put her sleuthing hat back on, and poked at the new, fresher flower gently to make sure she wasn't seeing things.

"You have to take me with you on one of your outings one day. We could look for these things or other magical pieces of the mainland." She then grabbed Gulliver's arm with both hands, still buzzing with excitable energy and looking at him with pleading eyes. "I mean, not now, I know you have plans but later, after we find out who gave me the magic flower. Please? It could be an adventure!" Ah the sound of adventure excited the pink faunness. It had been a while since she'd ventured to the mainland for a real adventure and not just to gather for the tree.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:18 pm
Gulliver watched Kishi, watched her sit down, pick up her cup and take a sip from it. He watched her look over the edge of the cup at the two flowers and then look directly at him... This was it, she'd figure it out! Now he felt nervous... In silence he watched her calmly set the cup down on the table, and then it happened... but far from what the male expected. She freaked, but not at him, she thought the flower had... babies ?!?... Then she grabbed his arm shaking him, she wanted to find more of this 'magical' flower when all it had been was one Gulliver himself had picked. Her reaction was so far away from what he had hoped, or even feared would happen all he could do was flop backwards onto his back but using her shake to make it seem like she pushed him over, he didn't know if he should feel happy, relieved, sad, or what. Just then he felt a little disappointed, but did he have the heart to burst her balloon. He wasn't sure he did, but maybe she'd figure it out if the second flower didn't 'have babies'. "I don't think it cloned Kishi" he told her softly from where he lay on her floor. He could take her to where he found these flowers, maybe even use it as a way to actually get up the courage to just outright tell her. "Yeah I can take you with me on an outting Kishi, not sure what ... magic we'd find though" he told her looking over at her.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:00 pm
Kishi felt a teeny pang of guilt when he hit the floor, so she grabbed his arm and tried to pull him upright again with a little murmured apology. "So it didn't just suddenly multiply." She wasn't stupid; she knew flowers didn't have babies, it was just her first thought and sometimes the brain-to-mouth filter doesn't switch on soon enough. She felt dumb for saying something so silly. To Gulliver of all people. A high-profile Faun, a celebrity even. Everyone faun knows the Circle. "Sorry I said that it had babies," she said, feeling embarrassed a bit because of his reaction.

Though he said he'd take out to look for the flowers sometime, so that perked her up. Adventures with the Captain of the Rangers! She wondered if they'd find villains or nefarious creatures. Oh, it was so exciting to think about! "When do you think we could go? I am sure we'd find lots of magic, this is a magical island, silly."

Shicala

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:16 am
Gulliver let her pull him back up to a sitting position without much difficulty. Her innocence was one of the things he truly enjoyed about her. "It's fine Kish, was not something I would have thought of" he chuckled softly. He saw her visibly perk up, and it instantly made him want to alter his plans. "Well uhm, suppose you could come with me today if you want. Another day or two added to my trip wouldn't hurt"

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff