Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:11 am
Kishi grinned then took a sip of her sun tea. It was delicious, too bad Gulliver didn't want any. Today? Woo! Wait....

"I thought you were doing important work and looking for lost thoughts today and the next few days. Wouldn't I be a hindrance to that because I can't be stealthy and I certainly don't know what those thoughts look like, so I wouldn't be able to help you find them." Her excitement waned, but not to disappointment. She knew he had important stuff to do, otherwise he wouldn't be doing it.

"I don't want you to get in trouble or not do your job, so I am okay with waiting till you have some free time." She smiled and put a hand on his shoulder. "Really, I think it's best." Besides it'd give her a chance to carefully plan things. Like what to pack, what vase to put the magic flowers in, what snacks would be best to take, if she can make her tea or not in the wild. The important things.

It'd give her a few more days to finish her sleuthing too.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm
"Nothing I have on the go can't wait an extra day" he told her with a soft smile. And the flower fields weren't that far from the tree, maybe a half days walk, yes it could work he added in thought to himself. "You don't have to come if you don't want to of course" he added in what may have seemed a hurriedly added statement. Gulliver was thinking over a small detour plan in his mind at the same time he spoke, he could even perhaps detour to get a small picnic snack before leaving the tree.

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:49 pm
Kishi narrowed her eyes at him and took a puff of her pipe. She was deep in thought, contemplating what he'd just said. Suddenly what he was doing was unimportant? Something seemed fishy. Time to put those sleuthing skills to the test. "What were you planning to go do? I know you said you needed to find thoughts, I'd think those were important to find. What kind of work were ya gonna do?"

"Not that I wouldn't love to go with you today, I just don't want you to get in trouble or go too long with your thoughts missing."

Shicala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:56 am
Gulliver had not expected her to question what his plans had been, he'd thought she'd either accept or turn him down flat. "Well uhm actually I actually planned to just think about the past. And I wanted to do some scouting, which is truly nothing out of the ordinary for me." He wasn't sure how he'd get in trouble for putting off his trek for one more day, heck if it were super urgent he wouldn't have even stopped to see Kishi on his way out. "My thoughts have been ... lost for ages I guess, I don't think one more day would hurt them. I'll leave it up to you though. He reached over to close his bag, either way he'd have to head out soon, with or without her.

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:53 pm
Kishi sat, eyes narrowed and a serious look on her face. Slowly, she reached for her cup and brought it to her lips. She kept her eyes on Gulliver, thoughts focused on what he said. She took a sip, which emptied her cup so there was a slight slurping noise. It broke her concentration enough that she giggled. She put the cup down and smiled.

"So you've been feeling down and thinking about your life from before coming home? You never did really tell me about what's its like out there in the unknown. Did you have a family?"

She watched him close up his back to get ready to go. "Well, if you won't get in trouble by Rais, maybe I can go and then you can tell me about what it was like, and if you had a family. Are those the lost thoughts? A long-lost love, children left behind... though shouldn't they have come with you when you were called?" she was rambling nearly a mile a minute as she got up and started going through a bin near her pallet. She'd tossed her sleuthing hat aside and pulled out a few things out that she dropped on the floor.

"Okay, I'll bring my butterfly net so we can catch the lost thoughts. And I want to bring my gathering bag and some gloves." She knew perfectly well that his thoughts weren't lost in the manner that she could catch them. But she was a little superstitious about dreams being attached to butterflies and catching them to bring home would bring good dreams. She didn't hurt them or anything, but let them flit about in her nook and out into the tree. There's plenty for butterflies to do in there, and plenty of stuff to eat considering nearly all faun have little potted flowers around their doors. That and butterflies lived in there anyway.

She put the strap of her gathering bag around her head and put the gloves inside. She hooked the handle of the net into one of the loops of the bag strap on her back. She looked ready to go butterfly collecting.'

"You have the wipes, so we're all set. Can we stop by the kitchen on the way down though? Honeysuckle and sun tea don't really provide adventuring energy. I wanna grab some some nuts and dried berries from Bronson."

Shicala

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:37 pm
Antidia

It was all Gulliver could do to keep even close to a straight face as he watched her sip-slurp from her cup out of the corner of his eye while he closed up his bag. He moved to stand as her question came. "Life out there sure is different then it is here. I don't have anyone out there wondering where I am or anything. I guess I could kinda be considered a loner." He hoisted his bag to his shoulder and glanced at the new and old flowers in her vase as she skittered off to gather the things she felt she'd need.

He watched her smiling, he loved this about her, the randomness she exhibited as well as simply how she thought. He nodded "Yes lets get some food for our trek, some sandwiches and fruit and drinks would be nice" he scratched his chin. "I'll let you decide what to ask for for dessert." Gulliver heads towards her door and opens it motioning in a 'ladies first' type of way.

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:27 pm
Something Gulliver said caught her attention and she had to stop for a second to process it. He spoke of "out there" in the present tense. That raised many questions for the pink faun. She eyed him as she passed by on her way out of her nook. She decided to let the statement percolate a bit before asking questions.

Once in the kitchen, she got some dried fruits and nuts, as she wanted. She let Gulliver get the sandwiches he wanted, and she passed on the dessert because she'd rather have a snack that'd sustain her if they were out for a while instead of a sugar high. Even if todays' desserts looked especially delicious.

((I'm skipping them ahead a tiny bit if that's ok?))

Once the pair crossed the bridge to the mainland, Kishi watched the landscape, observing the butterflies and watching the breeze make waves across the tall grass.

"Gulliver? Can I ask you about something you said back there?" She felt a little nervous, because this was a serious question. She'd gone over it a hundred times in her mind, trying to find a way to ask that wouldn't seem awkward. "Do you ... still go back to where you came from? Off the island?" She knew he'd arrived with Artemis during the Calling, when all faun were called home. She just didn't know where he was before then, and he didn't seem to talk about it much. If at all.

She found it a bit weird he'd call himself a loner when he's in charge of the whole faun military, and is a part of the prestigious Inner Circle. She wanted to poke fun of him for it, but she felt uneasy at the thought. All she could do is worry now that something was wrong.

Shicala

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:46 pm
Gulliver had gotten the sandwiches, and had requested a container of some fruit juices to go with their picnic. As the tree grew distant behind them Gulli altered his path so that they were heading in the general direction of the flower field he got the pink flowers from. He heard her question and looked over at her, "Off island?" he thought about what he had been saying for a moment and then continued "No actually I don't, I don't really have any draw to leave the island anymore. Laisidhiel is my home, all the brethren I feel connected to as well as those I care for are all here." he smiled and looked ahead of himself as they walked.

As much as he was a big part of the Tree and the army and such he felt a little on the outside of everything. It was part of why he wanted to do some thinking once he was done spending time with Kishi. He glanced at her again "Do you know your past? Do you have anyone from the past? Or before you came to Laisidheil?" He wasn't sure if he wanted to know but he did want to know. After all if she had a family before coming tot he Tree, that could be a problem.

Antidia

((time skipping is always fine, especially for silly monotonous stuff that doesn't have to be RPed out XD ))  

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:51 pm
Kishi blinked a few times and wasn't quite sure why this line of questioning shocked her. Then it occurred to her that maybe he didn't really know about Laisidhiel's history like she did. She just assumed he'd have been taught or something. She just naturally assumes everyfaun knows the same stuff she does.

"I didn't come to Laisidhiel. I sprouted here." She twirled her butterfly net in her hand and smiled. "I was among the first seeds to sprout after Laisidhiel revealed Herself to the island. I don't have natural parents and the Tree is my life-giver." She felt warm and fuzzy sharing this information with Gulliver. She didn't expect that this would turn into a bonding outing where they shared intimate details of their pasts. "All the faun are from my past." She said that a 'well duh' sort of tone. "We're all from the same place, silly. If you meant someone special in my past though," she quieted her tone a little bit and felt a little sad. "I only ever had Pan. He was my best friend when we were little. I don't know where he went, and I haven't seen him since I was just yay high." She held her hand out about at Gulliver's waist height. "We went on adventures together."

She smiled and started skipping on ahead. She turned around into a pirouette, swinging the net around her head and stopped abruptly at the end of her second revolution, bringing the net down merely inches from Gulliver's face. She'd put her serious face on. "What about you? Do you have parents, Gulliver of the Alder tree? Did you have a special someone you left behind. Or maybe that faun came with you? A lot of faun moved into the Tree during the Calling."

Shicala

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:56 am
Gulliver listened to her explanation, it was fascinating in his mind to know this, he was also relieved to hear she had no romantic interests. He didn't think she quite understood what he meant by 'from the past' but he let it slide figuring if she didn't understand she probably didn't. "He disappeared? surely there must be somewhere he might be" did faun really just 'disappear' ? He didn't think so at least. He didn't remember a faun named Pan.

Gulliver tried to picture Kishi as a faun tot only waist high and it brought a chuckle to his lips. She must have been cute, after all look at her now. She skipped ahead of him, he had to duck to avoid the butterfly net the first time she came around with her pirouette. He had to come to an abrupt stop himself the net stopping squarely between his eyes and he had to look at it cross-eyed.

He chuckled "Parents... not in this life I'm from an acorn myself, not entirely certain about my past past, I think so but not certain. Nobody off-island though that holds a special place in my heart" he smiled and decided not to add only here. "Noone came with me when we were called, I can't say I regret following the calling though I've learned a lot about myself since then." He lifted a hand to the net gently moving it aside "Would you have been worried if I had left someone?" he questioned.

Antidia

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:30 pm
Shicala
Earth Blessing = power

Kishi kept the net set squarely between Gulliver's eyes until he had finished talking. Then, without flinching or making a sound, she pulled it back and twirled it around to catch a little blue butterfly. She gently removed it from the net and let it sit on her finger while regaining its senses.

"Of course I would have worried! It's heartbreaking to lose the one you love and never see them again. I'd be worried about the pain you felt, or still feel. I'd feel sad for your loss. And it would explain why you seem to sulk around a lot, so I would at least know how to cheer you up." She looked over her shoulder and smiled at him as the blue butterfly flitted away. "Now I just have to work harder to find out what makes you so sad."

She shuffled her hooves in the dirt on the path waiting for Gulliver to catch up so they could walk side by side again. "Gulliver, I know this can be a personal question, but I have been curious. What is your Earth Blessing? If you tell me, I'll tell you mine." She giggled and hooked her net to the strap on her back (of her pack with snacks in it).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:52 pm
He was relieved when he no longer had to look cross-eyed at the net anymore. Her words just made him smile and shake his head as he bounded to catch up to her. Gulliver watched her be super gentle with the blue butterfly and he knew it really reflected more about her that he loved. "Who said I was sad" he asked looking towards her as he guided them into a bit of a turn, the place he wanted them to go was a bit off the beaten path, and towards the forest he never entered if he could help it.

"My Earth Blessing huh" he fingered one of the little filled arrow tips what he had with him "Well I'm really good with my bow, which may be considered a given considering my station, but I can also create special tips for it's arrows." he didn't tell her though he had to get help from others to fill those tips. "How about you?"

Antidia

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:51 pm
"That sounds like a fun blessing. Being better than anyfaun at shooting. And what kind of tips? Can you like, do the crazy stuff I hear from other faun? Like that party where arrows make them come back with mutant babies? Or can you do things like shoot arrows that turn trees different colors or can you shoot the moon?" She was being silly, she knew it. But it was part of how she liked to look at things. It helped hide the fact that she knew being a sharpshooter meant he shot living things. Something she wasn't entirely comfortable with, so it was better to make light of the talk.

She wobbled a little on some of the rocks on the path they walked, as it wasn't as used as the main one. She appreciated the pretty field of wild flowers they were walking through. She extended her arms and spun around fully. "This is such a wonderful place, Gulliver! Smell the sweet aroma!"

After a quiet moment of just enjoying nature and the moment, she turned and flashed a mischievous grin. "My blessing. Close your eyes and turn around."

She intended for that to sound ominous.

shicala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:50 pm
Gulliver laughed lightly at all the things she suggested he be able to do with his arrow tips, "You Kishi have a amazing imagination" he told her and added in his thoughts another quality I love, he looked away from her as the walk took them into the field of flowers, he smiled, there were many in this field which matched the flowers he himself had given her. "It is quite pretty, yes I agree with you." Hearing her words he indulged her, closing his eyes he turned to face away from her, if she wanted to surprise him he was all for it.

Antidia

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:14 pm
Kishi quickly sidestepped off the path, and with her blessing from Laisidhiel, with a puff, pop and swirl of leaves and petals that floated away on the breeze, she turned into a short (still taller than Gulliver) tree resembling a miniature scale or baby version Laisidhiel.

Whipping a branch back, she let it loose aiming to thwap Gulliver on the fanny. A few leaves fell to the ground in the process. She giggled, but it sounded a little like it was coming from on the other side of a closed door.

Shicala

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces