Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Should Christians Read Through the Entire Bible in One Year?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you planning on reading all the way through the Bible?
  No
  Yes
  Haven't thought about it
View Results

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:03 am
Should Christians Read Through the Entire Bible in One Year?

&

Read the Bible in a Year  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:37 am
I have tried many times of reading through the Bible in one year, but I get too sidetrack easily. But I started on a project and that is writing a commentary of the Bible, and breaking the verses down. I spent a lot of time, last night, and I only got Genesis 1:1 - 5 nearly done.  

Biblical_Counselor

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:25 pm
I started as an unbeliever, out of pagan/occult/new agey roots and by the end I was a believer, totally abandoned all that. heart

I recommend everybody do so. Some days I read more than three chapters that's why I finished more quickly than the usual reading plans (10 months instead of 12). Plus, I was so enthusiastic because this was the first time I ever really delved into a legit bible (not a kid's/children's version). Journaling everyday, making a summary out of it helps keep you accountable. At least it did for me: seeing the consecutive dates on my entries, not wanting to break the combo, was motivation in and of itself.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:31 am
I have read through the entire Bible before in one year, but it is not needed for someone to do this every year. However, as the example shows in Acts 17:10-12, it is important to eagerly examine the Scriptures every day, which is what I do and teach.  

joeychips

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:49 am
joeychips
I have read through the entire Bible before in one year, but it is not needed for someone to do this every year. However, as the example shows in Acts 17:10-12, it is important to eagerly examine the Scriptures every day, which is what I do and teach.

It also takes commitment. You have to prioritize it over other things you want to do, or usually do. I remember I got up early just to get time to read it. Worth it though.  
Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games