Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
The War Against Christianity: Is It Cultural Or Spiritual?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:41 am
The War Against Christianity: Is It Cultural Or Spiritual?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:31 pm
I probably would agree with a few of those removals, but I too see the drive to remove anything remotely Christian from public society. Me, I would remove anything remotely pagan. So it says something about who's in charge of this country. Nobody that values Jesus/YHWH. This is the opposite of what godly people in the bible would do. I wish our government reflected this instead:

Quote:
2 Chronicles 14:1-4 (NIV)

1 [a]And Abijah rested with his ancestors and was buried in the City of David. Asa his son succeeded him as king, and in his days the country was at peace for ten years.

2 Asa did what was good and right in the eyes of the Lord his God. 3 He removed the foreign altars and the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles.[b] 4 He commanded Judah to seek the Lord, the God of their ancestors, and to obey his laws and commands.

Footnotes:

a. 2 Chronicles 14:1 In Hebrew texts 14:1 is numbered 13:23, and 14:2-15 is numbered 14:1-14.
b. 2 Chronicles 14:3 That is, wooden symbols of the goddess Asherah; here and elsewhere in 2 Chronicles

But we U.S. of Americans are all about religious "tolerance". This is the fruit of such a thing. I pray that our Heavenly Father changes that if it be in accordance to his will. I don't know what he's planning to do with the USA in the long run. He builds all nations, Israel's and the Gentiles. I often wonder what he intended for the US, you know, the fact that it's a democracy, not a monarchy or dictatorship.

Quote:
Job 12:23 (NIV)

He makes nations great, and destroys them; he enlarges nations, and disperses them.

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces