Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
What do you think about Crossplay Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:18 pm
MJforeverkingofpop
That's very encouraging! But I don't hunk I said what I meant to say. I'm a female and have pretty bad self esteem issues. A lot of female outfits are tight fitting or have short skirts so I started off cosplaying guys because it allowed me to be characters I loved, but also to wear pants and looser clothing.

I know what you mean. I crossplay a lot of male characters because I like the character a lot. There's a lot of female characters that I like, too, but I don't like wearing their outfits. For those, I'll often times create my own cosplay for them. It's pretty easy to make them obvious as the character, and I'm more comfortable to boot.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:18 am
Ooh crossplaying~. I crossplay a lot as more male characters, though I had to convince my parents to let me. I usually cosplay as male characters because the female characters have more tight, revealing clothes which annoy me too much Dx  

Yaoi Uke-Kun

Hygienic Smoker

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Hesitant Participant 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:53 am
Yaoi Uke-Kun
Ooh crossplaying~. I crossplay a lot as more male characters, though I had to convince my parents to let me. I usually cosplay as male characters because the female characters have more tight, revealing clothes which annoy me too much Dx

Crossplaying and Gender-Bending is becoming more and more popular these days. It's also becoming more acceptable to convention goers in general. I'm glad that Cosplayers have the Freedom to choose whether to Crossplay or not. Some of my favorite female characters are the Sailor Moon scouts. Very often I see them wearing tennis shoes or walking around in socks instead of the High Heels and boots that are typical of the characters. They do this because it's more comfortable. Besides how are they suppose to fight the enemy with shoes that aren't comfortable. Also, unfortunately more and more cosplayers that cosplay female characters with tight clothing get unwanted attention. All they are doing is portraying a favorite character of theirs.

Being comfortable at a convention makes it a more pleasant experience. So if you want to wear pants and loose clothing and do a Crossplay character I say go for it!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:58 pm
Simple:
Nothing wrong with dressing up as a character that is the opposite sex.
You cosplay whomever you choose to, the whole point of going to conventions is to have a good time and to be comfortable in what you're wearing and if that involves you dressing up as someone that is a man and you identify as a woman or if that involves you dressing up as a woman and you identify as a man: go for it!

'Cause honestly, who really cares? You'll look fantastic either way.
Those that typically show concern for these kinds of things tend to be younger people that don't really have a grasp on many concepts.
Also, parents.
Some parents have a hard time understanding why in the world their child would want to dress as someone that is not the same sex as them but that's okay, sometimes you just have to let parents be confused about things.
Just have to let them know that you're doing what you're doing because you choose to and you enjoy it.

Cosplay whomever you choose and rock that costume!

I always tell people, if the person you want to cosplay has something about their costume that makes you uncomfortable...change it!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with altering designs to fit what will make you happy and comfortable in your costume.

And also, if you look great...why be concerned with what other people really think?

Milky Bubbles

Powerful Strawberry

8,975 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:55 pm
Personally I don't think what your gender, body type, skin, etc. looks like should ever effect what you would like to cosplay.
I have plenty cosplay of both genders, and I have a lot of fun. It's important for other people to have fun as well- that's what cosplaying is all about.

I don't mind it, and I don't see why others should, either c:

-------- Cosplayers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces