Submit

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:50 pm
Note to self, never try playing any newer Final Fantasy games blind again. Just got Tera Flare party wiped about the 5th time in a row in FFXIII-2. X-x  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:47 am
Who/what were you even fighting?
I played through half my battles without even actually looking at the screen in XIII-2 (yay auto command!). >>;
And what roles are in Tera Flare?
Pretty sure I never used that paradigm at all. o3o
My favorite paradigm was Aggression, but that could be because I had Noel and Serah fully developed as commandos reallllly early on in the game. >>;
(OCD fighting ftw!)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:08 am
The final boss has two helpers that periodically resurrect through the battle. If all three are alive at once they'll use Exaflare, if two are alive they'll use Teraflare, and if just the boss is alive it will use Gigaflare.

I think I went through the game too fast and tried fighting the last boss too low. Serah has her RAV role maxed and all skills learned and Noel has COM maxed and all skills learned but that's it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:27 am
Whoops, guess I misread. cat_confused
I've been through the whole game and I've got all but some two roles maxed for both characters?
But I've done a lot of extra content and stuff.
I have the game book and I know it said if you didn't have enough fragments for anti-grav jump you were pretty much screwed in the last area, and it recommended the characters having, uhm, 600 base HP minimum? I'm not quite sure since I don't have the book here with me.
I know it also recommended having the paradigm Turtle (all SENs) for that last fight (presumably just for the bosses' flare abilities), but I know you CAN get by without it.
I went through that whole fight using just Aggression, Diversity, and Delta Attack; my paradigm deck had a fully developed apotamkin (RAV), about half developed flanitor (MED), and a silver chocobo (SEN) that had abilities that increased its health and decreased overall damage because I'd combined it with a couple other fully developed sentinels beforehand.
But if you played through and did only story and not an awful lot of extra fighting, the last fight is practically impossible regardless of paradigms and strategy.
I've spent way too much time playing that game, obviously. >>;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:00 pm
The fun of games.xP  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:24 pm
I dunno. I didn't really do any side stuff as far as I'm aware. And I was in SEN/SEN/SEN when I got wasted by the attack each time.

Speaking of the last area though, that Proto-Behemoth almost every single time. As soon as it reared up... one swipe of the sword and the whole party was dead. x_x Had to run past it.

Started a new file now since I was locked in and am trying to find extra stuff to do to level up my monsters more.

And also I used to do the Auto thing in FFXIII until I noticed that the AI wasn't too good at picking attacks. For instance using elemental strikes when a character has a much higher Magic stat and will do much more damage just using magic. And using -ara and -aga spells on single enemies.  

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:08 pm
Queen Spazzy
I've been through the whole game and I've got all but some two roles maxed for both characters?
I have the game book and I know it said if you didn't have enough fragments for anti-grav jump you were pretty much screwed in the last area, and it recommended the characters having, uhm, 600 base HP minimum? I'm not quite sure since I don't have the book here with me.
I know it also recommended having the paradigm Turtle (all SENs) for that last fight (presumably just for the bosses' flare abilities), but I know you CAN get by without it.
I went through that whole fight using just Aggression, Diversity, and Delta Attack; my paradigm deck had a fully developed apotamkin (RAV), about half developed flanitor (MED), and a silver chocobo (SEN) that had abilities that increased its health and decreased overall damage because I'd combined it with a couple other fully developed sentinels beforehand.
But if you played through and did only story and not an awful lot of extra fighting, the last fight is practically impossible regardless of paradigms and strategy.

NERD NERD NERD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:08 am
JamesWN
I dunno. I didn't really do any side stuff as far as I'm aware. And I was in SEN/SEN/SEN when I got wasted by the attack each time.

Speaking of the last area though, that Proto-Behemoth almost every single time. As soon as it reared up... one swipe of the sword and the whole party was dead. x_x Had to run past it.

Started a new file now since I was locked in and am trying to find extra stuff to do to level up my monsters more.

And also I used to do the Auto thing in FFXIII until I noticed that the AI wasn't too good at picking attacks. For instance using elemental strikes when a character has a much higher Magic stat and will do much more damage just using magic. And using -ara and -aga spells on single enemies.

If you can't beat the proto-behemoth and the schrodingers by forcing the party to pick off the potcats one by one first and then laying it on the behemoth, you're probably too low in stats. ^^;
You can use accessories to up, say, health and defense, and that might work, but you probably ought to just head off and grind for a while.
Did you have the silver chocobo, by the by? I definitely recommended having it in your paradigm deck at the end! (You can get it by tossing Mog with improved moogle throw turned on at the hologram of the new cocoon in Academia 4XX AF. You can get another monster in a similar way by tossing Mog off the end of the pier in New Bodhum.)
Feed a couple monsters to it (the game calls it monster infusion, but we all know the chocobo is just devouring the other monsters) to give it some extra abilities and it becomes near godly. (I made mine eat a couple fully developed mechanical sentinels that could only develop to level 15 in the crystarium and were easily obtained in one of the first couple areas.)
How were you locked in, anyway? Just press start and head back to the historia crux!
The AI is actually pretty great at choosing attacks, but ONLY when you've discerned all of the targeted monster's attributes, otherwise it'll keep using a variety so the system CAN discern all the attributes.
So in, say, boss fights, unless you've packed along some librascopes and use them at the beginning, auto is a terrible option if you happen to already know the weaknesses, but out in the field it works rather well.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:10 am
Blind Blindness
Queen Spazzy

NERD NERD NERD

I won't deny it, nyan~! cat_wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:28 am
*tries to do side s**t this time... finds clocks puzzles* Oh you ********...  

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:37 am
JamesWN
*tries to do side s**t this time... finds clocks puzzles* Oh you ******** class="clear">

o-o; I think I jinxed you somehow....~hides puzzle game~  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:58 am
JamesWN
*tries to do side s**t this time... finds clocks puzzles* Oh you ******** class="clear">

Do what every other person that wanted to remain sane did.
CHEAT.
(At least that puzzle isn't in the main storyline.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:00 pm
I ended up brute force attacking my way through it before I posted but jeez... @.@

*looks at clock cheat thing* Wonder how long that took to make. o.o;;  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:06 pm
I brute forced my way through most of them.
And then I got to the last Oerba and said ******** this I'm out.
And proceeded to cheat my way through all of the ones I had left because ******** that s**t.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:21 pm
Queen Spazzy
I brute forced my way through most of them.
And then I got to the last Oerba and said ******** this I'm out.
And proceeded to cheat my way through all of the ones I had left because ******** that s**t.

Took me a while because I didn't know you didn't have to start where the clock hands were pointed until I accidently pressed x while crossing the clock face.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff