Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Bible Study
Homosexuality is not just a sin

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biblical_Counselor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:13 pm
Greetings in the name of Jesus. I was going through Romans 1 and it really just open my eyes to new truths that are embedded in the Scriptures. I remember that people often argue about if homosexuality is a sin. But as I read in Romans 1, it is more than a sin. Let's start in Romans 1:18 - 27.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

Let's go through these verses as we make a list, and let's compare with America today.

1. God is angered of all of the ungodliness and the unrighteousness of men; because the men knew about God but suppressed the truth in their unrighteousness.
2. The men of this world will have no excuse of why they didn't believe in God because all of the creation testifies that there is a creator. In 2 Peter, it says that they are willingly ignorant, or dumb on purpose.
3. The worldly men tries to proclaim to be wise, but since they do not accept the reality of the Lord, they became fools.
4. And while they are trying to be wise, they changed the image of a perfect creation and a perfect Creator into a corruptible image and worshiped a creature more than its Creator. Sound like Evolution, right?
5. Because of this, God gave them up, or left to themselves, and their own lust ran rapid, defiling themselves among themselves.

As I was going through this chapter, it really all come back about what we believe about the creation. If we believe that a man evolved, there would be no absolute truth and every one does what feels naturally to them. But if they believe in the Creator, that they know right from wrong, that Eve was made for Adam, then they will respect that.

But I will say why I homosexuality is not just a sin. It is also a judgement of God. It says that when we accepted this false theory of Evolution, then God will give us up to ourselves. In other words, He abandons them. Abandonment is one of the last judgments of God. However, when Paul was writing this, he was addressing to a congregation rather than an individual. I believe it is also for individuals; because when they change their views on how they were created, they would go in their own flesh, doing things that are against nature and against the Lord.

But God still loves them and wants them to come to Him. Even if they are abandoned, there is always hope and that hope is through the Lord Jesus Christ.

But it stills hurts me, and I believe mars the image of God if we tell people that God hates homosexuals. He hates all kinds of sin, no matter how big or little it is in our eyes. We should go preaching about sin and the judgment, but I believe that we shouldn't preach about homosexuality alone and how God hates them because of their perverse ways.

Anyways, I love to hear about any thoughts on this and have a nice clean and healthy conversation. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:11 am
When I read this passage, I never thought of narrowing the description down to evolution specifically, but it does fit. Any time we deviate from God's truth we're falling into idolatry (a person chooses to value their own thoughts or another creation's thoughts instead of what our Heavenly Father and His Word says): so if he says, "I created it in six days", and you say "no, it's millions of years", you value the words of yourself or fellow man more than your Creator. I had narrowed down that idolatry is not just the "statues of calves, silver and gold, wood and stone"-variety, but also the worship of man's competing ideological views that contradict God. And evolution falls under that.

But, if He had to make a law to forbid homosexual behavior in the first place, I don't think homosexuality always fits as a case of sending a curse/the wrath of God upon a nation. It must've been around before he ever had to judge a nation. Going along that line of thinking, if sin and death entered humanity after the fall, then wasn't it just a part of the initial judgment against Adam and Eve's actions? and it manifests here and there, like murder and theft? becoming more prevalent, like any other sin, the more he is denied?  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:12 pm
My pastor at church teach that it is just another sin.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
English Standard Version (ESV)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:8-10
English Standard Version (ESV)
8 Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, 10 the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:23 pm
Meili Kyumee Youichi

my bible says those two scriptures this way

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
New American Standard Bible(NASB)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:8-10
New American Standard Bible(NASB)
8 But we know that the Law is good, if one users it lawfully, 9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,  

KibitzRajas

Fluffy Swapper

4,925 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150