Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:32 pm
Queen Spazzy

A little glue under the peeling paper will fix that. cat_razz
We have a place near where I live that we call Rinky Dink's that's like a sprawling indoor flea market.
(It's housed in a building that used to be an actual store called Rink's; my mum said it was something like a Sam's Club without the membership when it was still operational.)
They have lots of cool stuff for wicked cheap.
(I bought a full set of DVDs of the anime Spiral for my beau for something like twenty bucks and everything plays well; score!)

Tried glue... never works.
Oh well.
I would love to go to that flea market!
That's awesome that they work-- a lot of times they're all scratched up.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:28 pm
yeah, i know where you can buy a tux for $15 near my house. i bought a silk kimomo there for $10. cheap rules.  

Obiwan-in-a-pudding

Tipsy Partygoer

10,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:49 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Tried glue... never works.
Oh well.
I would love to go to that flea market!
That's awesome that they work-- a lot of times they're all scratched up.

Even if you use a little to seal the edges?
Bummer, usually works out well enough for me!
I don't redo my puzzles terribly often, though; the ones I have are technically my mum's, and she got them from her mum, so they're a couple decades old or so?
They're mega hard, though, and I love them. There are three, one is a bunch of candy (I think we've lost pieces to this one since we moved to our trailer 'cause the box was pretty banged up and we occasionally find puzzle pieces with candy pictures on them around the house), one is a pile of dice, and one is (not even kidding) hay in a needle stack.
(Looked them up on the webz! They're actually around thirty years old; this is the exact hay in needle stack puzzle we have, this tiny image is the only one I could find of our dice puzzle, and I can't find a picture of the candy one.)
I'm MEGA careful with DVDs and games and stuff that I buy used, even from reputable places, it doesn't take much to make something unplayable, ESPECIALLY games.
I've pissed off workers at GameStop because I refuse to take a certain copy of a game because I know if I get it home it won't play all the way through, if at all. (Come on, really, you guys DIDN'T see the scratch through the memory surface when you took it in? REALLY? The ******** does your training consist of, "Growing a neck beard 101"?)
I had bought a semi-rare game from a store an hour away or something and didn't get to check the disc before I left because the girl working the counter was a real b***h and practically pushing me out of the shop (because I was making her do her job instead of standing around gossiping) and the game wouldn't even go past the company logos to the start menu (really surprising, it's a tiny shop, not a chain, so they are REALLY careful about what they take in). I managed to get back before the return period was up and they let me trade it for a game of equal value (in a strange twist of fate the girl working the second time around was super nice and made sure I got to check the disc before I left).
ADVENTURES IN USED THINGS, YEAH.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:19 pm
Queen Spazzy

Even if you use a little to seal the edges?
Bummer, usually works out well enough for me!
I don't redo my puzzles terribly often, though; the ones I have are technically my mum's, and she got them from her mum, so they're a couple decades old or so?
They're mega hard, though, and I love them. There are three, one is a bunch of candy (I think we've lost pieces to this one since we moved to our trailer 'cause the box was pretty banged up and we occasionally find puzzle pieces with candy pictures on them around the house), one is a pile of dice, and one is (not even kidding) hay in a needle stack.
(Looked them up on the webz! They're actually around thirty years old; this is the exact hay in needle stack puzzle we have, this tiny image is the only one I could find of our dice puzzle, and I can't find a picture of the candy one.)
I'm MEGA careful with DVDs and games and stuff that I buy used, even from reputable places, it doesn't take much to make something unplayable, ESPECIALLY games.
I've pissed off workers at GameStop because I refuse to take a certain copy of a game because I know if I get it home it won't play all the way through, if at all. (Come on, really, you guys DIDN'T see the scratch through the memory surface when you took it in? REALLY? The ******** does your training consist of, "Growing a neck beard 101"?)
I had bought a semi-rare game from a store an hour away or something and didn't get to check the disc before I left because the girl working the counter was a real b***h and practically pushing me out of the shop (because I was making her do her job instead of standing around gossiping) and the game wouldn't even go past the company logos to the start menu (really surprising, it's a tiny shop, not a chain, so they are REALLY careful about what they take in). I managed to get back before the return period was up and they let me trade it for a game of equal value (in a strange twist of fate the girl working the second time around was super nice and made sure I got to check the disc before I left).
ADVENTURES IN USED THINGS, YEAH.

Okay, I read that as "needle in a hay stack". I was so confused by the picture, then I looked back at what you wrote and I said, "That makes a lot more sense" rofl
You have a very interesting puzzle collecting Deary <3
And I've brought stuff online, flea market, and in stores more than once and it hasn't work. Learned my lesson; don't buy stuff second hand unless the seller is reputable and/or I can test it.
Lol! Yah, I can picture people from Game-Stop being like that. They pay only, like, $3 for the games anyway, so maybe they just don't care.
You make them do their job! It's good that you could get the game in during that period. I guess that's what gamers just do when they have a game (especially rare) that doesn't work; people will pay good money for a broken game.
I don't like those people....
And either she got her period, or she's bipolar, or both.

Ug, I have to finish writing this essay. It's killing me because I need to explain stuff and... UG!
Is essay writing in college common? Please tell me it isn't....  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:57 pm
I'm still trying to figure out why the last game I bought had a little bolt and washer in the DVD case. No damage to the case or anything but... I'm wondering if someone needs to check their equipment for missing pieces.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:57 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Okay, I read that as "needle in a hay stack". I was so confused by the picture, then I looked back at what you wrote and I said, "That makes a lot more sense" rofl
And I've brought stuff online, flea market, and in stores more than once and it hasn't work. Learned my lesson; don't buy stuff second hand unless the seller is reputable and/or I can test it.
Lol! Yah, I can picture people from Game-Stop being like that. They pay only, like, $3 for the games anyway, so maybe they just don't care.
You make them do their job! It's good that you could get the game in during that period. I guess that's what gamers just do when they have a game (especially rare) that doesn't work; people will pay good money for a broken game.

Ug, I have to finish writing this essay. It's killing me because I need to explain stuff and... UG!

I have lots of different kinds of puzzles (I even have one of those plastic puzzle spheres! It's a big (physical globe sized) Disney villains one, so original price is over twenty bucks, but I got it on sale for, like, five. >>; ), but I hope my mummy will let me have her puzzles someday, she has some really neat ones from when she was younger.
It was a different lady when I went in the second time, sorry, I couldn't figure out how to word that right, haha~ I HAVE seen the first one since, though, and she was a lot nicer the second time around. >>;
But I can definitely see people paying for the broken game I had (this is the game), I had been searching for it for years when I found the broken copy, s'pose I'll be searching several more years before I can get a working copy.
I never buy used online, though; that's just asking for trouble, and if I'm not allowed to look at used discs before I buy them from physical stores, I don't buy them. I'm paranoid and hate having my hopes of owning rare games dashed.
(My fiancee and I have a pretty nice collection of semi-rare (working!) games; we like to call ourselves rare hunters and laugh about it.)
And as for college, it really all depends on your major (once you're past the gen. ed. reqs, that is). Arts majors only really have to worry about essays from their art history courses. Math and science, from what I understand, don't have to worry much over them, either. But history majors and English majors and the like have LOADS of essays. (I had a friend who's an English major and he literally had essays due every week.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:33 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

I have lots of different kinds of puzzles (I even have one of those plastic puzzle spheres! It's a big (physical globe sized) Disney villains one, so original price is over twenty bucks, but I got it on sale for, like, five. >>; ), but I hope my mummy will let me have her puzzles someday, she has some really neat ones from when she was younger.
It was a different lady when I went in the second time, sorry, I couldn't figure out how to word that right, haha~ I HAVE seen the first one since, though, and she was a lot nicer the second time around. >>;
But I can definitely see people paying for the broken game I had (this is the game), I had been searching for it for years when I found the broken copy, s'pose I'll be searching several more years before I can get a working copy.
I never buy used online, though; that's just asking for trouble, and if I'm not allowed to look at used discs before I buy them from physical stores, I don't buy them. I'm paranoid and hate having my hopes of owning rare games dashed.
(My fiancee and I have a pretty nice collection of semi-rare (working!) games; we like to call ourselves rare hunters and laugh about it.)
And as for college, it really all depends on your major (once you're past the gen. ed. reqs, that is). Arts majors only really have to worry about essays from their art history courses. Math and science, from what I understand, don't have to worry much over them, either. But history majors and English majors and the like have LOADS of essays. (I had a friend who's an English major and he literally had essays due every week.)

My mummy loved to do puzzles when she was a kid.
She glued hers and they're hanging up. She got hers from Spencers and says that's the place to go for great puzzles. They're hanging up in her old room at my grandma's house.
Here is one. I can only find the one, but the others are a circular puzzle of a warlock, unicorn, and dragon by the oceanside, another is an old NYT magazine.
If I get the chance to take pictures of them, I will and I'll show you.
I have a 3D puzzle of a rose my mum and I did together: The pink one
We got it from Barnes and Noble and they have dozens of other awesome ones.
Oh that explains it razz
Oh! That looks so cool! If I ever see one, maybe I'll snatch it if I know it works and send it your way wink
I'm actually not to to big on videogames, but when I find one, I love it. Like Okami
I had seen it once and didn't get it. Second time, for $10 I bought it and loved it. I'm at the end but I've been so busy I haven't played it in a long while.
And again, I totally get the paranoid thing. It's so understandable.
I would so call yourselves rare game hunters!
I remember seeing an NES64 at a flea market and I didn't even get a controller! (I want a controller because you can do SO many things with them! Like make a purse and way more awesome things!)
I REALLY am trying to avoid an English major; I'm pressing my parents to help me look at colleges who have Creative Writing majors, not English majors. Eng. majors have a lot of stuff I don't want; I want to learn stuff I'm going to use and I really don't need the added stress in my life of writing more essays.
And because I'm going into Honors English again my senior year, the teacher is really tough; he has a list of "fatal flaws" and if you have 3 or more of them in an essay, it's an automatic zero. emotion_zombie emotion_zombie emotion_zombie emotion_zombie emotion_8c emotion_0A0 emotion_8c emotion_0A0 emotion_sweatdrop emotion_sweatdrop emotion_bigvein emotion_bigvein emotion_bigvein wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance emo emo emo stressed stressed stressed
If I had essays due every week, I think I would literallynojoke die.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:05 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
My mummy loved to do puzzles when she was a kid.
She glued hers and they're hanging up. She got hers from Spencers and says that's the place to go for great puzzles. They're hanging up in her old room at my grandma's house.
Here is one. I can only find the one, but the others are a circular puzzle of a warlock, unicorn, and dragon by the oceanside, another is an old NYT magazine.
If I get the chance to take pictures of them, I will and I'll show you.
I have a 3D puzzle of a rose my mum and I did together: The pink one
We got it from Barnes and Noble and they have dozens of other awesome ones.
Oh that explains it razz
Oh! That looks so cool! If I ever see one, maybe I'll snatch it if I know it works and send it your way wink
I'm actually not to to big on videogames, but when I find one, I love it. Like Okami
I had seen it once and didn't get it. Second time, for $10 I bought it and loved it. I'm at the end but I've been so busy I haven't played it in a long while.
And again, I totally get the paranoid thing. It's so understandable.
I would so call yourselves rare game hunters!
I remember seeing an NES64 at a flea market and I didn't even get a controller! (I want a controller because you can do SO many things with them! Like make a purse and way more awesome things!)
I REALLY am trying to avoid an English major; I'm pressing my parents to help me look at colleges who have Creative Writing majors, not English majors. Eng. majors have a lot of stuff I don't want; I want to learn stuff I'm going to use and I really don't need the added stress in my life of writing more essays.
And because I'm going into Honors English again my senior year, the teacher is really tough; he has a list of "fatal flaws" and if you have 3 or more of them in an essay, it's an automatic zero. emotion_zombie emotion_zombie emotion_zombie emotion_zombie emotion_8c emotion_0A0 emotion_8c emotion_0A0 emotion_sweatdrop emotion_sweatdrop emotion_bigvein emotion_bigvein emotion_bigvein wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance emo emo emo stressed stressed stressed
If I had essays due every week, I think I would literallynojoke die.

Spencers = too expensive and too far away for me (over an hour off).
And we don't have a Barnes and Noble ANYWHERE nearby.
Closest is... Charleston, in West Virginia, I think? That's some two or three hours away.
I have Okami on my PS2, it's one of my beau's favorite games (his mum's, too, though she's not made it very far, and she has it on the Wii), I've made it most of the way through but then I got distracted by my favorite game series to ever exist, .hack. (Got distracted because some of my friends when I was at uni went in and bought the last game I was missing (a semi-rare) as a gift for me. >>; )
Why would you desecrate an N64 like that? I love my 64. D:
(I can't imagine not using a console for its designed purpose, I'm a serious gaming nerd)
Why not look colleges up online, by the way? Or talk to your school's guidance counselor person? owo?

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:47 am
JamesWN
I'm still trying to figure out why the last game I bought had a little bolt and washer in the DVD case. No damage to the case or anything but... I'm wondering if someone needs to check their equipment for missing pieces.

o-o; Well there's a new one to me....  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:19 pm
To answer your question, Morgan, it does depend on what major you're going into. For your major, be it creative writing, it would...well, be a lot of writing. Although I imagine you enjoy the narrative aspect of it more. There may not be as many "Answer the prompt" essays, but the general requirements (eg. English 1 and 2) will include essay writing in them. Also, depending on what elective class you take, you could be assigned into a group project that involves writing or a research paper. For my psychology classes, I've had a couple of research papers. My particular major definitely has a writing component involved in it, but some majors have much less than others, obviously.

To include an example (now don't hate me now, lol), in my English 1101 class, we wrote an essay about every fourth class, so count...1st class-essay, 5th class--essay, 9th class meeting--essay...and it had to be in cursive, too. Make sure you look on ratemyprofessor, as it can be a valuable tool. For that same class, we had three research papers (and Brandy can vouch for this, she peer edited every single one of them). One was a persuasive research paper, and the topic I chose was global warming. The second one was an informative paper on the American Revolution. The third one was a literary analysis on the book The Color Purple. We had a minimum 1000 word requirement. Also, our English professor often knocked a grade off for a single comma splice. College can be hard, especially with the math and writing aspects of it, but if you work hard you will do fine ^^  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:29 pm
Also, it's good you were assertive, Brandy. People don't often care about the customer, and when you aren't Ms. rich, you would like to buy something that's actually half usable. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:58 pm
Queen Spazzy

Spencers = too expensive and too far away for me (over an hour off).
And we don't have a Barnes and Noble ANYWHERE nearby.
Closest is... Charleston, in West Virginia, I think? That's some two or three hours away.
I have Okami on my PS2, it's one of my beau's favorite games (his mum's, too, though she's not made it very far, and she has it on the Wii), I've made it most of the way through but then I got distracted by my favorite game series to ever exist, .hack. (Got distracted because some of my friends when I was at uni went in and bought the last game I was missing (a semi-rare) as a gift for me. >>; )
Why would you desecrate an N64 like that? I love my 64. D:
(I can't imagine not using a console for its designed purpose, I'm a serious gaming nerd)
Why not look colleges up online, by the way? Or talk to your school's guidance counselor person? owo?

If you ever did want to get stuff from mall stores, like Hot Topic and Spencers, you could always go onto their website and order from there (also saved the chaos of having to drive everywhere) :3
UG! It must be hard not having a bookstore near you! Well, a B&N.
It smells so good in there, like coffee and new and old leather bound books.
I literally cannot help but pick up a book and sniff it. I hope the book lovers like I am in the store don't think I'm weird sweatdrop
Well I don't care if they think I'm weird! emotion_donotwant emotion_awesome
You mum plays videogames too? EPIC!
And awh, they got you a game emotion_bigheart
I wouldn't desecrate the game console! I would never dream of doing that to an amazing fantastic piece of technology!
The person just had dozens of controllers and my mouth was watering.
I have been looking up colleges online (I'm touring them and looking for ones with a Creative Writing major) and I will have to talk to my guidance counselor soon because I need to change my schedule for senior year.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:46 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
If you ever did want to get stuff from mall stores, like Hot Topic and Spencers, you could always go onto their website and order from there (also saved the chaos of having to drive everywhere) :3
UG! It must be hard not having a bookstore near you! Well, a B&N.
It smells so good in there, like coffee and new and old leather bound books.
I literally cannot help but pick up a book and sniff it. I hope the book lovers like I am in the store don't think I'm weird sweatdrop
Well I don't care if they think I'm weird! emotion_donotwant emotion_awesome
You mum plays videogames too? EPIC!
And awh, they got you a game emotion_bigheart
I wouldn't desecrate the game console! I would never dream of doing that to an amazing fantastic piece of technology!
The person just had dozens of controllers and my mouth was watering.
I have been looking up colleges online (I'm touring them and looking for ones with a Creative Writing major) and I will have to talk to my guidance counselor soon because I need to change my schedule for senior year.

They're still too mega expensive for me. ^^;
We used to have a really super awesome used bookstore around here (still an hour away because I live in the middle of nowhere >>; ) called Transalleghany, but it went out of business the year after I started dating my beau, so I only got to go once. :c They had all sorts of resident cats and the building was old and totally wicked cool.
I have a library within walking distance, though, so it's not bad, actually, and they're always selling off the old books no one takes out anymore for wicked cheap (dime for a paperback, quarter for a hardcover), and I can usually find cool stuff at thrift stores, too.
Totally recommend talking to the guidance counselor for college questions and stuff! My beau's mummy is guidance secretary at the school I graduated from and she knows all sorts of information about colleges and can easily find it if she doesn't know, and she has all the best information about scholarships and other financial aid and stuff (I went to her with all my questions, haha~).
My mummy is technically the rightful owner of the old first gen DS I have, and she's better at playing Zelda than I am. >>; She doesn't play anything much anymore because it makes her wrists hurt, but she loves the DS and the Wii and my older cartridge systems were passed on to me from her. She also kicks serious butt at Tetris and Dr. Mario. I love my mummy, she's cool. emotion_kirakira

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:39 pm
Queen Spazzy

They're still too mega expensive for me. ^^;
We used to have a really super awesome used bookstore around here (still an hour away because I live in the middle of nowhere >>; ) called Transalleghany, but it went out of business the year after I started dating my beau, so I only got to go once. :c They had all sorts of resident cats and the building was old and totally wicked cool.
I have a library within walking distance, though, so it's not bad, actually, and they're always selling off the old books no one takes out anymore for wicked cheap (dime for a paperback, quarter for a hardcover), and I can usually find cool stuff at thrift stores, too.
Totally recommend talking to the guidance counselor for college questions and stuff! My beau's mummy is guidance secretary at the school I graduated from and she knows all sorts of information about colleges and can easily find it if she doesn't know, and she has all the best information about scholarships and other financial aid and stuff (I went to her with all my questions, haha~).
My mummy is technically the rightful owner of the old first gen DS I have, and she's better at playing Zelda than I am. >>; She doesn't play anything much anymore because it makes her wrists hurt, but she loves the DS and the Wii and my older cartridge systems were passed on to me from her. She also kicks serious butt at Tetris and Dr. Mario. I love my mummy, she's cool. emotion_kirakira

Well, they let you sit and read the books and not pay.
Thats what I do with manga (I blow through 1 book in an hour)
Awh! It sucks that you didn't get to go to the store more.
...your library...
-dolphin dives into car- -drive at top speed, breaking speedometer to the airport- -hops on plane to your state- -olympic speed runs down the street to library-
I WILL TAKE IT ALL!!!
I really want to find a good college, so I will probably do that.
That's awesome that you can play video games with your mum and she understands the controls and doesn't wonder why she has lost 53 times.
I would love to spend time with my mother playing video games. I have to water things down to... water. Not fun.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash