Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Did God create exoplanets?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zetsubou no Taiyou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:35 am
Okay so I know that God created the sun and earth, but does it say anything in the bible about God creating other stars and planets. We were learning about other star systems in school and the question came up about life on other planets and weather God made the aliens too.
If anyone can point me to the verse where is says he did that would be great. Thanks

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I am only a teen. And, that's kinda what we do.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:16 am
Scripture is clear that God supernaturally created the earth and the universe in four consecutive, normal-length days and that the universe is relatively young. Thus, if the observational evidence for exoplanets is sound, which I believe it is, creationists will differ with secular scientists about how and when they formed, not whether they exist, and whether their existence support the claim that it is reasonable, that life would have formed elsewhere.

From a creation point of view, it is most likely that God created exoplanets on Day 4 of Creation Week, along with the luminaries, and He could have created them with any characteristics He wished. Our own solar system is special because of Earth—our system and our planet are designed to be a safe and stable environment for life. Isaiah 45:18 acknowledges this, “He did not create it [Earth] to be empty; he formed it to be inhabited.”

Hosing down the hype
Our Solar System: Evidence of Creation

I think that exoplanets (for those who do not know; An exoplanet or extrasolar planet is a planet outside the Solar System) were created to show God's handiwork (showing how unique earth is, in relation to other planets), to give Him glory, by showing evidence of design. If He determine the number of stars, and names them, He certainly does the same with other heavenly bodies.

Psalm 19:1
For the director of music. A psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Job 9:8
He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea.

Psalm 136:5
who by his understanding made the heavens, His love endures forever.

Psalm 147:4
He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Zetsubou no Taiyou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:39 am
Garland-Green
Scripture is clear that God supernaturally created the earth and the universe in four consecutive, normal-length days and that the universe is relatively young. Thus, if the observational evidence for exoplanets is sound, which I believe it is, creationists will differ with secular scientists about how and when they formed, not whether they exist, and whether their existence support the claim that it is reasonable, that life would have formed elsewhere.

From a creation point of view, it is most likely that God created exoplanets on Day 4 of Creation Week, along with the luminaries, and He could have created them with any characteristics He wished. Our own solar system is special because of Earth—our system and our planet are designed to be a safe and stable environment for life. Isaiah 45:18 acknowledges this, “He did not create it [Earth] to be empty; he formed it to be inhabited.”

Hosing down the hype
Our Solar System: Evidence of Creation

I think that exoplanets (for those who do not know; An exoplanet or extrasolar planet is a planet outside the Solar System) were created to show God's handiwork (showing how unique earth is, in relation to other planets), to give Him glory, by showing evidence of design. If He determine the number of stars, and names them, He certainly does the same with other heavenly bodies.

Psalm 19:1
For the director of music. A psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Job 9:8
He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea.

Psalm 136:5
who by his understanding made the heavens, His love endures forever.

Psalm 147:4
He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.

Thank you. You are really knowledgeable.  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games