Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Customer Reward/Credit/Loyalty System Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you interested in a Customer Credit system?
This would be great, yes please!
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Interesting idea, if it can work, I'd go for it.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
I'm not sure, I don't think this is needed.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
This would be too much of a headache, I don't think we should.
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
That would put too many of these out there, they should stay rare, please no.
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
This wouldn't really affect me, I'm indifferent.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:15 am
So, I keep seeing all these beautiful fluffy tails and large cute ears and other mutant traits popping up in new Soquili. And not from breedings and not from bribes. These are from staff credits.

Which is awesome. Staff/colorists do a LOT to earn their credits and I do not for one instant want to suggest they don't or that they shouldn't be able to spend them however they want!!!

However, there is something of a disparity currently. Right now the only way for a customer to get a mutant, megamutant, hyperhybird, or purewalker is through bribes. Bribes which cost the colorists lots of credits and which don't happen very often. But those same credits can be used for the colorists to get themselves these beautiful soquili - and if they do so, the credits are gone and can't go towards bribes.

This means loyal customers don't really have much option for these much desired beauties while staff/colorists do.

What I would like to propose is a credit system for customers.

This would not guarantee a slot or pay for the custom, it would only allow a customer to try for these limited options in normal customs, and like any custom offering, the colorist would be free to limit the slots and not offer things they aren't comfortable with.

Basically, once someone has earned a certain number of credits, they can link their credits in their forms and then enter for a mutant/megamutant/hyperhybrid/purewalker in normal custom openings.

Yes, this would cause a little more work for staff, but it would open up possibilities outside of the rare bribe slots and employee credits or getting something randomly in a twisted breeding.

Credits would not be easy to get and there would be different credit requirements for different things [ie, a megamutant would need more points than a mutant].

I'll put spoons and point suggestions in my next post.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:15 am
My Suggestion in Spoons:

User Image Fluffy mutant bits are awesome!
User Image Mutants, mega mutants, hyper hybrids, purewalkers, etc are currently only available through bribes for customers.
User Image Staff/Colorists earn credits which they can spend to get variations that are limited to the customers.
User Image Bribes cost colorists those same credits and take a long time to build up to.
User Image This makes the opportunity for customers to get the limited things very rare.
User Image A Customer Credit system would allow loyal customers to quest for these limited things in regular customs if they have earned enough credits.
User Image This means 'Impossible' quests become possible, though it would require work/dedication on the customer's part.
User Image This also removes the disparity between what staff/colorists can get and what is available to customers.
User Image Staff/Colorists work hard and EARN their special soquili! They are greatly appreciated and no one wants to take their rewards away!  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:25 am
Point Suggestions:

* A Soquili at 100% stats earns one point.
* Earn one point for every X months in which a customer is active in the shop.
* Earn one point when awarded a pet or teepee spotlight.
* Getting a Soquili to Elder earns one point.

I don't have a ton of ideas for earning points, but I am open to suggestions.

I would say you only get points for being active from here on out, no past activity awards. Counting activity could be as simple as something like the Bonus Stats Questions, where someone just has to go in and post to be counted. However, I don't think it should be one per month, but more like one per six months.

Every soquili at 100% stats grants one point. Those that are there now would be counted and as a soquili is maxed from here on out one point would be added to a customer's pool.

When the awards go out, a point is added. If past recipients would like to have their point added, they can post in a thread for it and get their points that way. Those who already have Elders could post in the same thread for that bonus point while new Elders just get the point added when they achieve Elder status for one of their Soquili.

Point totals could be kept in a dedicated thread or in the first post of the teepee.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:37 am
Point Costs: [These are suggestions only]

* Hyper Hybrid [3 breeds] - 10 points [no extra gold cost if it's all templates]
* Hyper Hybrid [4 breeds] - 15 points [no extra gold cost if it's all templates]
* Mutant - 20 points [ + 500k gold]
* Mega Mutant - 30 points [ + 1mil gold]
Base gold price for a pure walker could be 8mil
* Pure Skinwalker [Canine] - 20 points
* Pure Skinwalker [Cat] - 25 points
* Pure Skinwalker [Bear] - 30 points
* Pure Skinwalker [Bat] - 30 points
* Pure Skinwalker [Owl] - 35 points
* Pure Skinwalker [Other] - 50 points [ + 2 mil gold]

Again, these are only suggestions. It might be there would need to be further subdivision. Like mutant wings cost x points while pawed feet cost y points and ears/tails cost z points.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:39 am
Do you know why staff gets staff credits? That's kinda the first thing for me, and is partially offended by this suggestion. Like... This is a hobby for us and it takes time. I don't know about others, but depending on the edit level of a NON MUTANT, it can still take a while to color.

Most of the 'fluffy' that has come out recently is due to our Staff Secret Santa. Should we not be allowed to have them?

And that's not true about hyper hybrids =/ We have them as freebies. Not all the time, but we do.

Did you know that some staff actually want to use their credits for others, or have already? Suggestions like these are the reason, I for one, haven't openly given people things minus a couple.

Although you can't get ears, you can get a custom floofy tail. It counts as a uni-tail with extra fluff, as long as the shape of the tail is similar to that of the templated ones. You can also get added fluff to a soquili (ie. chest hair, leg fluff, bum fluff). A lot of people wanting fluffier ears used the cerynei ears.

How do you think we could do this without people calling out 'bias' left and right? People already do with the staff giving stuff to friends.

I can't even reason to how a customer could 'earn' these said credits. There's already RP incentives (extra baskets/breedings). There's already incentive of posting in the soq threads (random in-thread giveaways).

Sorry if this sounds at all mean, but I am irked. And this is just coming from me, not official or anything =/

edit; If you want an example of a custom tail that was do-able in customs, Coeur tail is one. She has the shape of the basic uni tail, just thicker. I paid extra credits because I wanted her to have the heart wing anklets/head ones. Ones you couldn't have would probably be Faustine's because the basic shape of the uni tail was lost.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:50 am
Honestly, I think a simpler solution would be to allow mutants/hyper hybrids in customs (as super rares, or maybe even their own "rarity").

I'm not against the principle, but its just seems complicated and could cause hard feelings.

@Heart: No one said the staff doesn't deserve anything. Quite the opposite, but at the same time its a bit discouraging for some shop goers to see mutants, after mutant, after mutant, after mutants....all for/from staff. And not everyone is "friends" with staff, so if they don't have a friend on staff, the chances dwindle even more.

I've been WAY LUCKIER than most, but there are some people who haven't been as lucky so I kind of see where the frustration comes from.

EDIT: I think the main issue is the fact that staff has access to types of Soquili that other customers don't. They already get the advantage of "If earn X many credits, then I get the custom I want" They don't have to compete against 200+ other people to get a slot.

Which I don't really have an issue with, I mean... they deserve it.

BUT...not only do they get an "instaslot" when they earn the credits, they get to custom types of Soquili most customers don't have access to. Purewalkers, mutants, hyperhybrids.

Customers rarely get a chance to custom their own mutant. Most customer-obtained mutants are breedings or premades.

I think the issue here is just the accessibility.  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:58 am
Customs take a damn lot of time even without the mutations. I can see possibly hyper-hybrids being allowed since that's a mixture of more templates, but mutations are not. They're extra time. Extra edits. Hence the bribes of mutants, because they take a lot of time.

Did you know that some of the heavier mutated soq, even the ones that staff get, we wait for ages for them? I myself cashed in for some back in the middle of 2012 and I'm still waiting. Do you really think the customer base would be willing to wait that long? I -highly- doubt it because we even get enough pressure for not doing breedings 'quick' enough.

That last statement might not be something people say publicly, but I -know- it is said.

We've been even ADDING things to breedings like the twisted halloween breedings and the vday breedings in order to throw in random mutations (if we want) for people. For how much? 12k a breeding.

Still not enough?

We're having an almost completely free event coming. I don't know how many have custom wings and such, but I know there's the phoenix girl as well as a mutant wind/flutter that I did.

Custom wise, I know Mind shared her credits with people, at least once. She also gave people stuff too. I think the most recent thing she said was she hasn't been because others have told her she's doing too much for others and not herself.

Edit; I'm pretty sure, if we opened up mutant slots, it won't just be "I want mutant wings!" "I want fluffy kitty tail!" People have a lot of edit monsters in -regular- customs, let alone bribes.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:00 am
I think a "credit" system for customers would be way too complicated. There are too many (at least 200 active people if I had to guess), and earning them would be complicated, let alone keeping track.

Staff earn the credits through their hard work put into the shop. Especially with how gold's been devalued recently (not that many/most colorists were doign it for hte gold to begin with) getting soquili is their own "payment" for making pretty soquili for everyone else.

That being said, I think that there should be opportunties for customers to be able to get hyperhybrid or even occasionally mutant concepts made real. As it stands, as Lyda pointed out, there are very few opportunties to actually be able to design and get one of those concepts - and it's tough because those opportunties currently COST colorists credits that they could be using. Those credits are their "paycheck", and it's rough to use ten thousand of them (or was it 20k? Regardless, a TON) to open up big bribes like DD did.

My suggestion would be instead, allow senior colorists to once a year take a month of customs ( no credit cost for them, but can earn credits doing them, just like customs), done in the same format that DD did, but maybe at fixed prices (custom prices, with a set price for mutants/hyper-hybrids/megamutants) Plus the normal cost of edits ((a heavily edited mutant would still incur the heavily-edited price raise on top of whatever "base" price getting a mutant is) - since letting them take bribe prices might be a bit too much to do without credits? Still have to finish one custom before taking the next, but opening up restrictions, and letting them do as many as they can.

OR tie this into a big shop event customs month where multiple colorists can take from posted custom concepts.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:05 am
In NO WAY do I want to suggest colorists and staff don't earn or deserve their bonuses. I have tried to be very clear about that.

I appreciate greatly all you guys do and thing you deserve all kinds of perks.

Yes, it is possible to get a unicorn fluffy tail, but not multiple tails and not tails that don't fit the unicorn shape. And I love the cerynei ears because of the fluffier. But it means hybriding - and sometimes it would take the quested Soquili to hyper hybrid.

I think it is awesome that there are sometimes hyper hybrids in CYOs and Flaffles and such. But we can't get them for quests. A quest is something where we are looking for particular traits to go with a character or idea we have. And what we can get randomly doesn't always fit that.

I really am not trying to irk anyone. And I'm not trying to be ungrateful. Again, you guys are amazing!!!

I'm just trying to find a way for non staff/colorists to be able to earn the option at getting some of the things staff/colorists can earn. So that we don't have to hold our breaths and hope for bribes that don't happen very often. I'm not wanting this handed to us and I'm not trying to take away anything staff/colorists have. I'm not saying you don't deserve it or that you're being 'biased'. I'm sorry that you feel I am.

I really am just looking for a reasonable solution to the fact that you all do have lives. You do have other things you need to do and other obligations. You can't spend all you time here doing everything everyone wants. Which means there is rarely a time when a colorist both has the points and has the time and desire to do bribes. Which means those limited options aren't really something we can really even do much more than dream about. I'm looking for a way around that which isn't going to lead to cries of 'favoritism' or 'bias' and that doesn't put too much extra burden on you all.

I truely do apologize that this hurt you and to anyone else who may be offended.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:08 am
Why so much animosity towards people for just making suggestions? There's no reason to be "irked" or angry. You can say why you agree or don't agree without being accusatory or condescending.

Honestly, NO ONE IS SAYING THE STAFF DOESN'T DO ENOUGH.

This is a feedback forum so people can give their ideas and such. It was a good idea. I don't think its very feasible, but its a good idea.

Staff are awesome. Staff get paid. Staff get to spend their payment how they want to.

But yeah, it does kind of create a "class" system when there are certain type of customs that only staff or their buddies can get. Or the rare, occasional, random gift.

I don't see why mutants would take any longer in customs than any other "insert edit level here" custom. There would still be "edit" levels you'd have to adhere to. You could do hyperhybrids as unedited even.

Or say you only want to take up to moderate level edits - that's moderate level edits whether you're making a regular cosplay or a Soquili with a a cat tail?

So yeah, you could easily curb mutants from being edit monsters, by restricting how "edited" they would be. EDIT: For example, custom wings could be "default" extreme edits, which not every colorist does

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:10 am
For the purewalker thing... one of the reasons purewalkers have been so limited is that there have been so many RP issues with them in the past. They have very specific personality guidelines and have caused lots of headaches for the RP staffers trying to keep people from doing wacky things with them. I honestly don't see them ever becoming more openly available for that reason, even in something like this...

As for mutants, a lot of things are considered mutations because they're difficult and time-consuming to draw onto a soq, like custom wings. Having to draw a new set of custom wings (onto a soq that could now have 50 tails and a 5 trees growing on it too) could quickly result in colorist burn out...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:15 am
I like Sabin's idea. It gives the colorists the option, without having to take on more than they feel they can chew.
I feel, though, that people should be limited to one concept as opposed to the two that DD allowed.

And from a customer's point of view, we understand that you guys do a *LOT* of work here. And that most of the drive for doing that work is usually based around that pretty custom you've been wanting from a certain colorist, or that mock breeding you've been thinking of for ages.
However, seeing so many staff mutants, and not having any chances to obtain one, is frustrating. I've wanted Midori's mum for *years* now. I've tried in all the bribes that have been opened without any luck. I don't have colorist friends to gift me stuff, and I've seen no events other than bribes in which I can obtain her. And that is incredibly difficult. I've got plots and ideas and so much stuff surrounding this one character, but I can't get her here.
It just seems sort of ridiculous to me.

Yes, there are mutants that are given out in events and breedings and such. But I want this particular character. And she so happens to be a mutant. So I would like more chances to try to obtain her.  

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:19 am
It gets tiresome seeing such animosity in response to someone making a suggestion. While I've posted my disagreements to suggestions in the past, I try to keep my responses calm and non-accusatory. No one said staff didn't deserve what they have. Quite the opposite actually. Seeing these kinds of responses from staff (official or not) is off-putting, especially because, as I remember, one of the reasons this forum was created was for people to speak their mind, no matter how out there the idea may be. This is why people are afraid to say things in the first place.

On topic, I think a customer loyalty system would be a little complicated. There are a lot of systems in place already that take time to calculate, like stats, and I personally believe a lot of Soq related things are complicated enough as it is.

However, I think it would be nice to see the possibility for more custom mutated horses, be it through an extremely rare normal custom slot or some kind of event. Like Sabin's idea, for example.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:20 am
@Roniel - For the purwalker thing . . . honestly, I don't want one, so it doesn't much matter to me. But it is something that's limited and that can only be gotten in bribes. Which are few and far between. So I added them to the suggestion. I understand the RP difficulties with them [which, honestly, is why I don't want one] but I also understand people having a dream that seems completely unreachable.

Yes, mutants are mutants in part because of time/difficulty. In part because there is a background and story to the shop, a design for the soquili and an ideal that should be considered and adhered to.

That is part of why I noted that maybe each different 'mutant' option might be a different amount of points, so someone would have to build up to things. And there are always going to be things that aren't allowed and others which aren't feasible. There is no reason there couldn't be limits [like no more than one tree, no more than eight (random number) tails, etc]. There are already limits on how many wings and legs and what can be done with the head and such.

And, these would be an option for the colorist to include and should have an edit level [or 'mutant edit level'] to keep things from getting to insane.

I'm not suggesting opening the flood gate. Just giving some options.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out