I've just joined the guild. Now what? The number of sub-forums are intimidating me. How am I supposed to find discussions and relevant topics to questions I have about the Bible?

In this thread I will try to make an orderly layout of the guild. From most active sub-forums, to how you can get more responses to your topic.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Introduction
Having come across the recruiting threads either in the Chatterbox, or in Guilds you decide to join. To have people know who you are you can introduce yourself in the Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! thread. If you desire to know the crew-members of the guild, or have personal question for those who run the guild you can post those here. A good way of introducing yourself could also be typing out a testimony. We love to read how people came to know Jesus!

Purpose of the Guild
You may wonder what the purpose of the guild is. Why make the Bible available on Gaia, when you have Biblegateway, and other sites online? People can just visit those sites can't they? They can, but would they daily go to Biblegateway and attempt to read the Bible? In 2012 LifeWay Research did a study on Christians and Bible reading. They found that only 19 percent read the Bible every day. About 25 percent read the Bible a few times a week. How come? The Bible is more available to us than any other generation. It is everywhere. In homes (how many Bibles do you have at home?), and online. Just a click away. Why are we then not reading it? The answer is complex, but part of it is that we are not interested in seeking it out. We are not attempting to read it every day. Many brush it off as not important, because we fail to see the value of it. We don't know how it came to us, and we don't know how reliable it is to us as God's Word. We let other less pressing matters steal our time and attention. By making the Bible available here on Gaia through daily posts, and daily annoncements, we are hoping to reach those who let Gaia mostly be about dressing up their avatar, and discussing contemporary topics. Those who would not visit Biblegateway, or utilize their time at home to make the Bible a priority in life.

The Homepage
It is our face outward to the world of Gaia. It is every now and then updated so our guild doesn't seem stagnant and dead. It was likely the first introduction you had to the guild. On the right side there is a list called 'Latest Posts'. By entering through the homepage to access the guild you can see what is moving in the guild. You can also access previous Daily Announcements through this page.

Daily Announcements
Every day we send out an announcement to all guild members. Through these announcements we hope to work our way through the Bible, from The Old Testament, starting with Genesis, all the way through to The New Testament, and ending with Revelation. Links to the latest topics are also made available through the announcements. You can request to have your thread featured in the announcements by PMing one of the crew-members, or the Captain. Tip on how to turn off Guild Announcements here.

So Many Sub-forums
You are right. I think there are too many sub-forums and the number of sub-forums can be intimidating, but a guild is organic, and sub-forums tend to be created out of a need, even if that need is temporary. It is true that half of the forums could be removed due to lack of activity in those particular sub-forums. However guilds do not have a feature to delete no longer necessary forums. Once they are made, they are here to stay. It has been pointed out to me that there could be good reasons to allow "dead" sub-forums to still be around. Someone in the future could come across something written there that will speak to their heart. That is certainly possible. God is talking to us through something penned in the past; the Bible. So perhaps it is a good thing after all, that they can't be removed. Some of the forums are made by our Captain so as to make it easier to find a specific topic, and so other threads are not buried under his posts. New threads appear at the top of the page in all forums, unless the topic is a sticky, or an announcement. Stickies and announcements have priority above other topics. How do you make your way through the sub-forums? First you need to know which are the most used. Knowing this you do not have to wade through old posts looking for discussion, or active members. Below I have listed active sub-forums for reference.

The main forum, called 'The Bible' is by all intent and purpose the guild's Chatterbox. Any topic goes here, and most members decide to make their topics in this forum. If you are looking for new posts visiting the main forum is a not a bad idea.

Another sub-forum with relatively active thread-making is Questions & Answers. As you see by the name, this is a forum to ask all kinds of questions. From personal questions relating to Christian living, and morals, to theological questions about the nature of God.

If you feel called to pray for people, or you are going through a tough time you should visit Prayer Requests. Everybody who is a Christian should pray. If you are not praying, seeing how many need you to pray should inspire you to set of daily time for prayer.

We post classic sermons and contemporary sermons in the Sermons sub-forum, even though there may not be much activity in terms of commenting it is well worth the visit. A sermon is a talk/exposition of a moral subject based on a passage or passages in the Bible.

Mumu's Corner. I think that any Vice Captain, or Crew-member who take the time to contribute to the guild deserves special mention. Though it is far down on the list of sub-forums scroll down and read some of her threads. Spiritual habits, and social justice are some of the topics musasgal touch upon.

Creation Apologetics. In our time, supposedly a time of reason, of science how reasonable is it to believe in special creation? Is it unreasonable to believe in a Creator? Our Vice Captain Creation_Today address this topic in Creation Apologetics. The word Apologetics is from the Greek "apologia", meaning "speaking in defense"

We also have a hang out thread as of January 2nd 2016. Made for members of the guild to socialize with no particular topic in mind.

We hope this aided you some in your exploring of our guild. Should you have any question do not hesitate to contact us. You can also give us feedback in the Suggestions & Feedback sub-forum.