Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Thoughts on Hormonal Birth Control.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Girl With The Windex Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:16 pm
I want everyone's thoughts on this because I take it, but learned that it can stop implantation. Isn't that the same as abortion? Can you help me figure out how to bring this up to my SO.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:57 pm
I don't really know a lot about birth control pills, but after doing a bit of reading up on them, it looks like it is possible for them to terminate a pregnancy. How it works is, the pill makes it unlikely for an egg to get fertilized, but if an egg does manage to get fertilized, it makes the uterus inhospitable for the newly fertilized egg to grow, thus killing it off.

If you're unmarried/not having sex, then it's not something you need to worry about as there isn't any chance for you to get pregnant anyway. If you are, though, then it's something to think about and pray about.  

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:04 pm
Jewelies
I don't really know a lot about birth control pills, but after doing a bit of reading up on them, it looks like it is possible for them to terminate a pregnancy. How it works is, the pill makes it unlikely for an egg to get fertilized, but if an egg does manage to get fertilized, it makes the uterus inhospitable for the newly fertilized egg to grow, thus killing it off.

If you're unmarried/not having sex, then it's not something you need to worry about as there isn't any chance for you to get pregnant anyway. If you are, though, then it's something to think about and pray about.

Well we aren't legally married, but we consider ourselves married. Lately we haven't been intimate because his anxiety pills affect his sex drive, but I have been on the pill and have recently found out that it is possible for hormonal birth control pills to prevent implantation of a fertilized egg and that is the same as conception and I don't like the idea of knowingly that I may be causing an abortion. So I guess I'll have to bring it up with him.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:04 pm
I would really suggest trying a different type of both control. I've heard about those types and they can actually be harmful to your body.  

DarkMagicianPuppet

Timid Fairy

7,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:56 pm
Crimsonfae
I would really suggest trying a different type of both control. I've heard about those types and they can actually be harmful to your body.

Well the only other kind is condoms and diaphragms.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:55 pm
I've used natural birth control which is keeping track of your cycle. Usually ladies in the US only do this if they want to get pregnant but in other parts of the world it's a lot more common to do for birth control.

Basically you take your temperature and check your mucous.

http://www.hhs.gov/opa/pdfs/natural-family-planning-fact-sheet.pdf <
If you have money to spend, you can check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tqz6aQ2Qz4 (review of Lady Comp)

Keep in mind that the lady in the video is not a Christian, so don't think that I'm endorsing all of her videos, philosophies, etc.  

Silvyee

Excitable Strawberry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:34 pm
Silvyee
I've used natural birth control which is keeping track of your cycle. Usually ladies in the US only do this if they want to get pregnant but in other parts of the world it's a lot more common to do for birth control.

Basically you take your temperature and check your mucous.

http://www.hhs.gov/opa/pdfs/natural-family-planning-fact-sheet.pdf <
If you have money to spend, you can check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tqz6aQ2Qz4 (review of Lady Comp)

Keep in mind that the lady in the video is not a Christian, so don't think that I'm endorsing all of her videos, philosophies, etc.

Is it easy to do?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:11 pm
Yes. TBH my cycles are really regular, so I just went by my calendar and mucous. Once you get used to it you can really tell. I would use the thermometer for that extra assurance, but I haven't used it so I can't advise.

Pregnancy/conception forums have very good advice in this area.  

Silvyee

Excitable Strawberry

Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces