Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayer for a 10yr old girl

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:48 am
Hey guys.

I have something to share. Today at Kids Club, one of the girls announced that she is taking part of Shave for a Cure this year. For a 10 yr old girl, this is one of the MOST unselfish things to do, giving up her hair to do this. Her target is $500 and she will loose her hair this coming Friday morning at her school (which for some of you, either Thursday afternoon or Thursday night). For personal reasons, I won't say her name (regulations forbid me anyway to do so sweatdrop ). I'm still chocked up about it.

For the ones who don't know what that is by the way, it's a annual fundraiser for finding research for a cure of Leukemia and Blood Cancer (which is kinda the same thing....I think). I don't know if it's for every country, but over here in NZ, this does happen every year. People outside NZ can also donate, if you know a shavee in NZ.

Anyway, I ask for prayers for her, for strength, courage and having her reach the goal that is set. This is a huge step for her at this age, and most memorial selfless act in her life so far.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:47 am
That is really brave of her! I don't think we have anything similar in my country.
I have not heard of it here. I'll be praying for her, that this will be a good experience for her, and that she'll reach her goal.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:50 am
Garland-Green
That is really brave of her! I don't think we have anything similar in my country.
I have not heard of it here. I'll be praying for her, that this will be a good experience for her, and that she'll reach her goal.

Thanks. I can see through this act, that she will do great things for God's Kingdom in later life, and this is the first of many things.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:30 am
My prayers are with her as well. May God bless her heart and those who meet her emotion_bigheart  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Azami Blossom

High-functioning Paradox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:16 am
We have locks fir love. But it's not do much of a fund raiser as it is donating your hair to people with cancer. But even here, you don't hear of 10 year old kids trying to do do much to help out. I'll pray that it's a positive experience for her.  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games