Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Thoughts on Dating Someone HIV+

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:55 pm
To throw it out there first off, I have nothing against HIV+ people, so long as they practice healthy and safe life styles.

Secondly, where I am from, there are actually a lot of amazing people that support treating those with this unfortunate illness as normal people. Which of course they are, they just have to be more careful with their partners and with themselves.

I was wondering though, what you guys and gals thought about dating someone with HIV? How would you go about it, or think you would go about it? If you know some positive people, how have they affected your life? In a good or bad way?

I have a couple HIV+ friends and they are actually some of the most amazing people I have ever known, they are so upbeat and happy. They remind me of that old cliched saying "Live life to the fullest.", and "Cherish today because tomorrow was never promised.". And I can honestly say they have impacted my life in a great way, and I owe them a great deal.

Last thing I wanna say is regardless of your HIV Status, We Are All HIV Equal.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:44 pm
I've never written anyone off for being HIV positive; it could happen to literally anyone.

I am completely open to dating someone with HIV, but equally as cautious. I'm not entirely educated on HIV, I know the basics of how it's transferred and what not, but if I were to date someone with HIV I'd need them to help teach me more so that I can be safe and so that I can be mindful of them and their needs.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:01 pm
                i'd definitely date someone hiv+ if i was in a situation where that would happen, but i'd also be cautious. like pharao said:
                Quote:
                I'm not entirely educated on HIV, I know the basics of how it's transferred and what not, but if I were to date someone with HIV I'd need them to help teach me more so that I can be safe and so that I can be mindful of them and their needs.

as well as that, it would be a deal breaker if they sprung it on me after we had gotten to sex and the like (if they had hiv before we started doing that stuff, that is). i wouldn't be okay with that at all.

and.. yeah.
                x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:23 pm
loonaboots

Der Fluch des Pharao

Here is a link to a general HIV/AIDS information website. It doesn't have all of the information but it has a lot of helpful links and such if you wanna learn about the illness and better protect yourself from it. X

@loonaboots: If you are with a partner that does not disclose they are positive, yet are aware they are a carrier, that is a federal crime. Same goes for lying about it.  

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:28 pm
DragonSlayer Arcos
loonaboots

Der Fluch des Pharao

Here is a link to a general HIV/AIDS information website. It doesn't have all of the information but it has a lot of helpful links and such if you wanna learn about the illness and better protect yourself from it. X

@loonaboots: If you are with a partner that does not disclose they are positive, yet are aware they are a carrier, that is a federal crime. Same goes for lying about it.
                thanks for the link! and good to know, thanks for the tidbit.
                x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:06 pm
DragonSlayer Arcos

Well, to be honest before i wouldn't feel like so. Like, i wasn't sure i would because i guess i was afraid. But then it hits me, i fall for someone in a way i haven't with someone else. I stop worrying. I usually care how my partner has behaved before meeting me or getting together with me and all but when i met this guy i stopped caring. But then i begin to think and worry, what if he does something crazy and end up with HIV or something?.. And it makes me worry.. But my feelings are there and then i realize it wouldn't matter. I love him, hell, i don't care if he has HIV or not. And also i've thought that if the feeling was strongly mutual, i'd even end up just doing normal sex with him even if i got infected, we all dying anyways.

But thats all just my immature mind speaking right now. Gotta still live life to be sure.  

Ojibun

Fluffy Bunny

asedc

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

20,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:07 pm
The guy I am seeing is HIV positive. doestn change anything always practice safe lifestyle and always getting checked 6 months in. he is on the pills for his HIV and im going to start the pills too because they work as a fail safe basically if you dont have it and if you are worried condoms will not be enough.

nothing really has changed since he was diagnosed with HIV. same person.

people need to stop with the stigma :<  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff