Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music
Noah the Movie is here!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biblical_Counselor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:42 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7bPCYizcFM#t=15

It is around 30 minutes. It is a documentary of Noah's Flood and have 10 signs that we are living in the last days.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:41 am
Comments by Gaians:

Quote:
I'm happy I came across it. At first I was a little hesitant to watch but after I watched it the way the gospel is presented it is completely new to me~

Thank you!

Biblical_Counselor

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:33 am
Can't wait to watch it! It's gotten over 69,000 views in one day as Ray Comfort mentioned in his status on facebook.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:29 pm
Umm the Noah movie is not christian and full of lies...they make satan look good...or is this a different Noah movie question  

WallofMeat_Klaus

Romantic Krampus

12,325 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100

Biblical_Counselor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:02 am
Askanyaska
Umm the Noah movie is not christian and full of lies...they make satan look good...or is this a different Noah movie question
It's not the Hollywood version. This movie is from a ministry, called "Livingwaters." It is a documentary about 10 signs that we are living at the end times.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:50 pm
Wow, those interviews quite literally painted what Jesus conveyed. sigh~ May God grant them repentance. And that one guy (who said things "clicked" for him), thank you God for giving him a heart to hear. I pray that he's not rocky soil but "good" soil that endures persecution and yields fruit. Though, only God knows what type of soil the participants in the film (and the viewers of this film) really are / will be.

Matthew 13:18-23 (NIV)

18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

In general though, I have to say, the film didn't fully illustrate the "Noah's day" parallel (probably due to their "pre-trib rapture" stance which I'm assuming they have since Kirk Cameron promotes this idea and I often see both of their names associated with Living Waters): Noah's story shows wrath coming upon the earth; the repented ones won't feel the wrath even as they stay on earth. Same in Egypt: plagues are sent to a nation which holds God's people, but God's people don't feel God's wrathful plagues. They're kept safe from the plagues despite being on earth.

"How God will judge you" is what this video is emphasizing. But before judgment day, there is a "something" (multiple somethings) Jesus saves us from there's salvation from our sinful nature (which they did mention by saying he'll give us new desires), edit: safety from the delusion coming upon the earth i.e. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 (which they didn't mention) and safety from the angel's bowls and trumpets during the great tribulation (which they didn't mention). Put simply: Satan will be attacking and so will God, but we don't come under God's attack (which is for the unrepentant); we're coming under Satan's attack.

Satan attacking:

Revelation 12:17 (NIV)

17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

Satan's Target:

- repentant believers who stay loyal to God's commands and Jesus

God attacking:

Revelation 9:20-21 (NIV)

20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 (NIV)

9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

God's Target:

- people who haven't repented (we're kept safe from this)

edit: to add safety from "delusion"

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas