Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Cults, heresies, Pseudepigrapha and other religions
Word of Faith Teachers: Origins & Errors of Their Teaching

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:32 am
Word of Faith Teachers: Origins & Errors of Their Teaching (Full Film)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:15 pm
Isn't this better?

Fox Platinum

Hardworking Garbage

Fox Platinum

Hardworking Garbage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:15 pm
what? it does not work?! for shame.. emo  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:19 pm
-censored- Platinum
what? it does not work?! for shame.. emo

Don't worry about it. ^^ It is not a feature that works for guilds.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

MizzKittyKatz

Blessed Kitten

5,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:49 pm
Contrary to popular belief, WOF is not a cult. Most of those who say they're in the Word of faith movement are indeed actually way out into the prosperity movement which is a whole other thing. I'm WOF, and not all word of faithers believe the same thing! There is this false thinking that we all believe in the little gods theory or that Jesus suffered in hell, and yada yada... this is not true. I as a WOF use the Bible as my ultimate authority, I also follow Kenneth Hagins teachings.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:32 am
MizzKittyKatz
Contrary to popular belief, WOF is not a cult. Most of those who say they're in the Word of faith movement are indeed actually way out into the prosperity movement which is a whole other thing. I'm WOF, and not all word of faithers believe the same thing! There is this false thinking that we all believe in the little gods theory or that Jesus suffered in hell, and yada yada... this is not true. I as a WOF use the Bible as my ultimate authority, I also follow Kenneth Hagins teachings.

The prosperity movement is a part of the WOF. The distinction you make is not one that is generally recognized. The Word of Faith movement has many distinctive teachings including physical, emotional, financial, relational, and spiritual healing or prosperity for any who has the right belief-filled confession. [1] The movement emphasizes choosing to speak the promises and provisions that the speaker wants, that is in agreement with the Bible, as an act of faith and agreement with God's plans and purposes. It is in many ways similar to New Age teachings that we can use faith to create our own reality, or get what we want. It makes faith something to access so we can get stuff or what we want instead of a trust in God even during times of trials and suffering.

We should all check where we are standing no matter what doctrines we subscribe to or teachers we follow. Even check those teachers and what they teach up against the Bible. Remember we are following Jesus and truth. Truth should win out over what we want to hear, or what appeals to us.

There are a few things I would like to point out about Kenneth Hagin. You can check these against the Bible yourself, and compare. Everyone of us have to make up our minds if we really do follow the Bible or if we follow teachers. Hagin claims that Jesus physical death did not pay the price for our sins.

"He [Jesus] tasted spiritual death for every man. And His spirit and inner man went to hell in my place. Can't you see that? Physical death wouldn't remove your sins. He's tasted death for every man. He's talking about tasting spiritual death." [2]

Colossians 2:15; Romans 3:25, 5:9; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:20; Hebrews 9:22; 1 Peter 1:19; Revelation 1:5 are among some of the verses that prove Hagin wrong. The danger of this is that it is a different Gospel. The Gospel which we are saved in this:

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures. (1 Corinthians 15:1–4)

Hagin also said:

Man...was created on terms of equality with God, and he could stand in God's presence without any consciousness of inferiority.... God has made us as much like Himself as possible.... He made us the same class of being that He is Himself.... Man lived in the realm of God. He lived on terms equal with God.... [T]he believer is called Christ....That's who we are; we're Christ! [3]

We are not in the same class as God. The Bible does not teach that anywhere. Man was created lower than God and we did not live in terms equal with God. We can see that in how God set conditions between Himself and His creation (Adam and Eve). "You can do this. But not that." (Genesis 2:16 ) Hagin is going beyond just teaching as some in the WOF that we are little gods, and placing us up there with God, making us His equals.

1. Word of Faith Statement of Faith
2. Kenneth E. Hagin, "How Jesus Obtained His Name"
3. Kenneth E. Hagin, "Zoe: The God-Kind of Life"

I am not saying you can't be saved and be a part of the Word of Faith movement, but if you are saved it is despite of the teachings of some of the major teachers, and that most of them obfuscate the Gospel and Jesus, or teach an entirely different gospel altogether (Galatians 1:6-7).  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

MizzKittyKatz

Blessed Kitten

5,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:40 am
Garland-Green
MizzKittyKatz

The prosperity movement is a part of the WOF. The distinction you make is not one that is generally recognized. The Word of Faith movement has many distinctive teachings including physical, emotional, financial, relational, and spiritual healing or prosperity for any who has the right belief-filled confession. [1] The movement emphasizes choosing to speak the promises and provisions that the speaker wants, that is in agreement with the Bible, as an act of faith and agreement with God's plans and purposes. It is in many ways similar to New Age teachings that we can use faith to create our own reality, or get what we want. It makes faith something to access so we can get stuff or what we want instead of a trust in God even during times of trials and suffering.

We should all check where we are standing no matter what doctrines we subscribe to or teachers we follow. Even check those teachers and what they teach up against the Bible. Remember we are following Jesus and truth. Truth should win out over what we want to hear, or what appeals to us.

There are a few things I would like to point out about Kenneth Hagin. You can check these against the Bible yourself, and compare. Everyone of us have to make up our minds if we really do follow the Bible or if we follow teachers. Hagin claims that Jesus physical death did not pay the price for our sins.

"He [Jesus] tasted spiritual death for every man. And His spirit and inner man went to hell in my place. Can't you see that? Physical death wouldn't remove your sins. He's tasted death for every man. He's talking about tasting spiritual death." [2]

Colossians 2:15; Romans 3:25, 5:9; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:20; Hebrews 9:22; 1 Peter 1:19; Revelation 1:5 are among some of the verses that prove Hagin wrong. The danger of this is that it is a different Gospel. The Gospel which we are saved in this:

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures. (1 Corinthians 15:1–4)

Hagin also said:

Man...was created on terms of equality with God, and he could stand in God's presence without any consciousness of inferiority.... God has made us as much like Himself as possible.... He made us the same class of being that He is Himself.... Man lived in the realm of God. He lived on terms equal with God.... [T]he believer is called Christ....That's who we are; we're Christ! [3]

We are not in the same class as God. The Bible does not teach that anywhere. Man was created lower than God and we did not live in terms equal with God. We can see that in how God set conditions between Himself and His creation (Adam and Eve). "You can do this. But not that." (Genesis 2:16 ) Hagin is going beyond just teaching as some in the WOF that we are little gods, and placing us up there with God, making us His equals.

I am not saying you can't be saved and be a part of the Word of Faith movement, but if you are saved it is despite of the teachings of some of the major teachers, and that most of them obfuscate the Gospel and Jesus, or teach an entirely different gospel altogether (Galatians 1:6-7).

Well I'm definitely saved, and again not all WOF people believe that Jesus died spiritually I know I sure don't. I believe his physical death was enough. Again I also don't believe that we are little gods. I do believe in some prosperity if it fits in his will and timing, and I do believe in healing if we confess and have faith the size of a mustard seed, I believe in speaking in tongues, and so forth. I'm not in a cult, I believe in the Trinity, and so forth just like you... Making blanket statements is cruel, and it helps nobody.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:24 pm
MizzKittyKatz
Garland-Green
MizzKittyKatz

Hagin also said:

Well I'm definitely saved, and again not all WOF people believe that Jesus died spiritually I know I sure don't. I believe his physical death was enough. Again I also don't believe that we are little gods. I do believe in some prosperity if it fits in his will and timing, and I do believe in healing if we confess and have faith the size of a mustard seed, I believe in speaking in tongues, and so forth. I'm not in a cult, I believe in the Trinity, and so forth just like you... Making blanket statements is cruel, and it helps nobody.

I think that is great! What makes you WOF? What separates you from me? I believe those things you just mentioned but I don't consider myself Word of Faith. What separates Word of Faith from for example Methodists? If we call ourselves Methodists but don't agree with any of their central teachings are we Methodists? Should we call ourselves Methodists then? With everything we have to look at what is at the core. What the message and ideas of those that established it is and if this aligns with what we believe, so that we don't give undeserved support to something we do not believe by calling ourselves something we are not.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

MizzKittyKatz

Blessed Kitten

5,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:48 pm
Garland-Green
MizzKittyKatz
Garland-Green
MizzKittyKatz

Hagin also said:

I think that is great! What makes you WOF? What separates you from me? I believe those things you just mentioned but I don't consider myself Word of Faith. What separates Word of Faith from for example Methodists? If we call ourselves Methodists but don't agree with any of their central teachings are we Methodists? Should we call ourselves Lutherans then? With everything we have to look at what is at the core. What the message and ideas of those that established it is and if this aligns with what we believe, so that we don't give undeserved support to something we do not believe by calling ourselves something we are not.

I'm not WOF, I'm pretty much just me... I believe in God the Father, Jesus the only begotten Son of God, and the holy spirit. I do believe in some of the WOF movement, but not all. I guess I'm more so charismatic, but not into any denominations  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:02 pm
MizzKittyKatz
Garland-Green
MizzKittyKatz
Garland-Green
MizzKittyKatz

Hagin also said:

I think that is great! What makes you WOF? What separates you from me? I believe those things you just mentioned but I don't consider myself Word of Faith. What separates Word of Faith from for example Methodists? If we call ourselves Methodists but don't agree with any of their central teachings are we Methodists? Should we call ourselves Lutherans then? With everything we have to look at what is at the core. What the message and ideas of those that established it is and if this aligns with what we believe, so that we don't give undeserved support to something we do not believe by calling ourselves something we are not.

I'm not WOF, I'm pretty much just me... I believe in God the Father, Jesus the only begotten Son of God, and the holy spirit. I do believe in some of the WOF movement, but not all. I guess I'm more so charismatic, but not into any denominations

I am non denominational too. I am scared that if I started attaching myself to one particular denomination that I would develop blinders and see the Bible through the lens of that particular denominations teachings.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Cults, heresies, Pseudepigrapha and other religions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces