A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
New Gaia does anyone else hate it. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I the only one who hates how commercial Gaia has become?
  Way too many new items
  Too many bundles involving winning gold
  Marketplace flooded with over priced items
  Miss the good old days
View Results

Poppetta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:27 pm
That's interesting that some zomg items finally have some value now. I used to enjoy going down to that bottom right corner where the flamingos congregate, and incinerating them with the ring that spews fireballs. I'd get infantile amusement out of that. lol

I might go investigate zomg, I enjoyed it until I got to the areas where you just couldn't progress unless you teamed up with other people, because I hate doing that. redface

I fully expected my letter to have risen in value, I'd have been shocked if it hadn't, especially as Coco's a site icon, and some people probably collect unopened letters. In a way I wish I'd set it at buy now rather than being generous and auctioning it from a low starting price, but really I don't care, I was interested to see what it went for.

I was active during the market crash in...'05 was it? I really can't remember when it was, but the value of pretty much everything plummeted, I can't even remember what was the catalyst of that. eek  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:55 pm
Hiacinth
Ugh, i hate having all these dumb notifications to buy crap! there's no way i'm gonna pay real money for a pixelated item. ESPECIALLY if said item costs 899 gcash. And people on the marketplace wanna try to sell stuff for billions of gold. not happening. literally all the fun i get out of this place is from the guilds, and a lot of them are closing down due to inactivity[/quote ]. Yes sadly, the guild that I v/c'd came to a screeching halt due to inactivity nobody wants to chat in the guilds anymore.... The can't even be bothered to leave feedback on the arenas either. These noobs have totally destroyed the fun that was Gaia. These kids don't respect anything nowadays it's like having a conversation is a foreign concept to them. neutral neutral

b1wskynyrd

Ruthless Bear

10,975 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:26 pm
Poppetta
That's interesting that some zomg items finally have some value now. I used to enjoy going down to that bottom right corner where the flamingos congregate, and incinerating them with the ring that spews fireballs. I'd get infantile amusement out of that. lol

I might go investigate zomg, I enjoyed it until I got to the areas where you just couldn't progress unless you teamed up with other people, because I hate doing that. redface
That's where I go for my feathers emotion_awesome

Most of zOMG is soloable up to shallow seas. Some parts you have to get a few levels beyond that area to be able to actually finish it, but it still counts. With the addition of Buccaneer's Boardwalk, you don't even need to go to shallow seas to get to level 10 anymore, which is nice for the soloing types. Grouping can be fun when you get along with the people in the group, but most pickup groups are just... awkward, and that's true for just about every MMO.

Sadly enough, zOMG is one of those things about the site that has been long neglected since the cash push. They haven't had the holiday events active for the past two years or more. Not a whole lot of people play it anymore, and that's part of why the items in it have gone up in value aside from alchemy and inflation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:04 am
Shallow seas didn't exist when I played zOMG, I'm nosing at it on the wikia. That's a very Disneyesque font, am I going to discover that's relevant?

I had a quick look on zOMG yesterday, and found I couldn't remember how to do anything. lol Also felt mild frustration because I played on that the most on my main account, and as I've lost access to that the levels on this one are kind of disappointing. ninja

Where I gave up on zOMG on my main was the hive, again because of having to join a crew.  

Poppetta

Poppetta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:10 am
Oh, I did change my eye colour yesterday though. When I made this account she had purple eyes, then they took the purple for this eye shape away, for no reason. I was so mad. >< Nice to finally be able to give her her original colour back, though it doesn't seem to be the same colour as it used to be. Let me go root in the dark depths of my photobucket...

This is an edit someone did for me in 05.
User Image
Yeah, the shade now is quite pink, isn't it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:55 pm
I think they changed a lot of it to be soloable now because less people play. I just now checked and found you can even get into shallow sea without a crew now. It's a lot harder without a crew, though... even on easy mode. sweatdrop  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Filia slayer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:05 pm
I've returned after a lengthy hiatus, and everything feels absolutely topsy-turvy! The prices are outrageous for starers. I was used to questing for the tantalizing AFK hat, and while 11 million gold was steep, it was doable. Suddenly prices are well into the billions/upper millions and I've just all but given up. Everything feels so.. different. Okay, I honestly knew the day would come when everything changed, but not once did I imagine it'd become ... THIS. Apparently everything is 'cash shop this' or 'cash shop that'..... and the prices for this sh----crap! Who is gonna give Gaia 100 REAL LIFE DOLLARS for a pixel item? Is Gaia paying bills now?

Golly gosh, I feel like an old woman sitting on her front porch, muttering something about times having changed.

What happened to newbs being newbs? There is no questing anymore (or so it seems. You can just buy the cash now or get those money things from the shop). What happened to starter sets and those fugly-yet-adorable peasant sets? Oi vey. Guess there's nothing more to this place.. either that or I'm just getting too old. *still not giving away my stuff though!* sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:30 am
Back before the inflation, Prunny was at about 900,000. To me 1mil seemed unimaginable. I finally managed to sell a lot, and made enough to buy it. I was so happy. emotion_facepalm

Now it's 35,000,000,000. And that's actually a more normal price. Some items are in the, what, trillions? *brain cramp* stressed

I find that buying, waiting for prices to rise and selling makes a lot. Enough to survive anyway. I did that with EIs before they flopped.

The quality has definitely gone down. Every recolor is shaded terribly. Even the grunny recolors...they're mostly ok but the lavender's color is a little "off" for matching other lavender items. And all of the eyes should be red. Some of their eyes blend in and look gross.
But I'm only talking about grunnies again. Excuse me. Havent woken up.

ThisEmptySoul has some great tips. Thanks. emotion_yatta
I have like 11 flamingo feathers. emotion_c8

What really gets my feathers ruffled is that the people running gaia dont seem to care about users anymore. We're BEGGING and working to be given event items from mods. And we had to pay for that event. And now we;re paying for a user run event. Halloween was rough too. The events were what I looked forward to.  

ST4CY

Heroic Pumpkin

22,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Squash Smasher 50

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:27 pm
The gold sinks are their way of trying to tackle inflation while still selling gold generators. Gold gens are what has made the inflation go completely out of control in the first place, but they don't want to stop selling them because those are likely one of their best sellers. It's what the new and desperate buy to try to keep up. It's becoming a trend that the biggest cash spenders don't want them, though, because gold isn't as valuable to them as items.

However, because this instant gratification mentality is the norm on Gaia now, those who actually take the time to work on things have an easier time making gold because there's less people to compete with on selling your goods.

Also, I mentioned this elsewhere, but
Alchemists Cases are a decent money earner. It's a level 1 alchemy formula that you use a bunch of trash to make.
User Image

I highly recommend if you have the time and ambition to farm some of those items {especially the feathers} in zOMG before it goes down for maintenance. Price of the feathers has already gone way up since I mentioned them earlier this month, from 100k to 700k. Lowest priced ones I saw for bulk were 5 million a piece. I highly recommend getting a lot and selling in bulk.

Another word of advice: Don't sell anything until you know you're going to spend the money. Items will keep up with inflation. Pure gold will only devalue over time. After I go on a selling spree, I immediately spend all of it. Even if I change my mind on the item later, it will more than likely go for more than I bought it for.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:11 pm
This all just feels beyond insane. I'm gone for at least 3 years, only to get back on spur the moment (I was feeling nostalgic and bored) to find out that if I sold even one of my favorite items, I would be a billionaire easily. When did 1 million become the new 100k? I remember how hard I worked to get back a katana after I was hacked years ago, and if I tried that now, I would never get close.

Also came back because on Gaia is where i had the most friends, in real life or otherwise. I missed our rp's that were years in the making.  

Dr. Acula

Blessed Bloodsucker

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300

b1wskynyrd

Ruthless Bear

10,975 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:54 am
Dr. Acula
This all just feels beyond insane. I'm gone for at least 3 years, only to get back on spur the moment (I was feeling nostalgic and bored) to find out that if I sold even one of my favorite items, I would be a billionaire easily. When did 1 million become the new 100k? I remember how hard I worked to get back a katana after I was hacked years ago, and if I tried that now, I would never get close.

Also came back because on Gaia is where i had the most friends, in real life or otherwise. I missed our rp's that were years in the making.

I know the feeling, it's a bit overwhelming trying to figure everything out at first. the only thing that sucks is there's no way to ever achieve any items you were questing for the gold prices have gone sky high, did you see how much ink is worth, or bugs and trash? crazy  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:08 pm
ThisEmptySoul
I think pretty much everyone hates the new Gaia. The cash grabs were bearable a few years ago, but these days it's just flat out ridiculous. You get probably 10 announcements a day, most if not all of them telling you to buy something in the cash shop. Even more ludicrous beyond that is the prices of these things.

At some point, someone there at Gaia realized they could get away with charging insane amounts of money for pixel items and fake money because people are willing to pay it and then greed took over. I'm wondering just how long it's going to take before they find out that their users aren't made of money. People are leaving, and some of the most avid cash shoppers are no longer buying because there's just too many new items to keep up with and they don't have the means and willingness to keep shelling out hundreds of dollars every week for recolors and limited time items.

In the short term, they might believe they're making more money, but in the long term, it's a bad business move. You can't expect to keep and grow your customer base if you're abusing them.

I couldn't agree more :/  

THE wascally wabbit

Romantic Rogue

12,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

b1wskynyrd

Ruthless Bear

10,975 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:00 pm
ThisEmptySoul
I think pretty much everyone hates the new Gaia. The cash grabs were bearable a few years ago, but these days it's just flat out ridiculous. You get probably 10 announcements a day, most if not all of them telling you to buy something in the cash shop. Even more ludicrous beyond that is the prices of these things.

At some point, someone there at Gaia realized they could get away with charging insane amounts of money for pixel items and fake money because people are willing to pay it and then greed took over. I'm wondering just how long it's going to take before they find out that their users aren't made of money. People are leaving, and some of the most avid cash shoppers are no longer buying because there's just too many new items to keep up with and they don't have the means and willingness to keep shelling out hundreds of dollars every week for recolors and limited time items.

In the short term, they might believe they're making more money, but in the long term, it's a bad business move. You can't expect to keep and grow your customer base if you're abusing them.

I agree one hundred percent, and gaia's guilds are dying.... what is wrong with kids these days. They can't even be bothered to write a blurb in the arenas....  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:55 pm
Oh, I shall refrain from ranting. I dislike several things that have happened. zOMG closing being one. Then there is the inflation. too many gold generators.  

Magnus DeWinter

Savage Husband

18,640 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Moon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:28 pm
Biggest gripe is the cash mongering, short-term cash in s**t the site is pulling. I get the feeling this place won't last another 5 years if they keep on ignoring actual site improvements in favor of only prettying up avatars for real cash.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff