Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Tamer Island (Digimon Guild RP Forum)
Digimon RP Q & A Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sorgaren

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:05 pm
Got a question? Fire away. We'll answer any and all questions as best we can.

*Note please disregard all questions and answers before page 7 as they pertain to a previous RP. Unless of course they are in these first 2 posts.

FAQ and Important questions:

Quote:
Q: Speaking of Magnamon, how strong is he considered to be in the RP? In the anime, manga, and movies Magnamon has been shown as being a very powerful digimon (mega level power) probably since he's Royal Knight as well. So I would like to know how strong is Magnamon supposed to be?

A: In reference to all Titled digimon, they will be treated as regular digimon and seen as clones of their Official brethren whom will be present in the Roleplay as NPCs. This is to prevent breaking of Rule #1 of the Roleplaying thread.
"1. You can not use any Tamer, Digimon, or Character from any Digimon Season, Game, manga, ect. in plots without the RP Mod or Vice Captain permission, that includes all titled Digimon. If you are caught using a character from any of these, you will be given 1 warning. After that, you will be banned. "

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:48 pm
Reserved  

Sorgaren

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300

Ethan Kirito Soul

Newbie Seeker

6,225 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:41 am
-EM- Epic Muffin
Ethan Kirito Soul
What about Spirit Evolution? Or having Custom Bio-Hybrid Digimon so you don't make a Full Line for digimon.
Good question. For Spirit Evolution, I'll put it in the same ranking as Armor Digivolution--bronze tamer rank, if I remember correctly.

As for your second question, I'm not entirely sure I understand where you're coming from. If you're talking about the Bio-Hybrid digivolution similarly to BioQuetzalmon in the Data Squad anime...I believe we'll keep that as a regular digivolution with a slightly different name.

Yes, you knew exactly what I meant ^o^. And okie dokie friendo. Thanks for answering!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:49 am
I have a question regarding the six digimon we are allowed to carry.

I would like to meet my digimon and add them to my digivice rather than automatically having six in my party.

Is that allowed? Or do I have to register my six digimon and carry them automatically?  

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:10 am
Your team can have a max of 6 at any given time, you can start with them or you can add them as you go. You can also register them all and then meet them as you go in the rp if you want. Rping is yours to create how you want to as lont as it fits in the perameters.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:14 am
lief_7

Can I have some help with creating an evolution line? Is it required that both attribute and family have to match, or can we only use one?

For example, I really want to use Monmon. So would this line work.

Monmon (Virus; Nature Spirits) -> Apemon (Vaccine;Nature spirits, Nightmare Soldiers, Virus Buster) -> Phelesmon (Virus; Nightmare Soldiers) -> Murmuxmon (Virus; Nightmare Soldiers)

Of course, Monmon naturally evolves to to Apemon, but that isn't the evolution line i've originally obtained for the Digimon I own. Or can this line also work to.

Monmon (Virus; Nature Spirits) -> Apemon (Vaccine;Nature spirits, Nightmare Soldiers, Virus Buster) -> D'arcmon (Vaccine; Virus Busters, Wind Guardians)

((I don't have Apemon yet, but do intent to obtain it in the future.))

Im Windspirit

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:12 am
Kidbolint
lief_7

Can I have some help with creating an evolution line? Is it required that both attribute and family have to match, or can we only use one?

Monmon (Virus; Nature Spirits) -> Apemon (Vaccine;Nature spirits, Nightmare Soldiers, Virus Buster) -> Phelesmon (Virus; Nightmare Soldiers) -> Murmuxmon (Virus; Nightmare Soldiers)

Of course, Monmon naturally evolves to to Apemon, but that isn't the evolution line i've originally obtained for the Digimon I own. Or can this line also work to.

Monmon (Virus; Nature Spirits) -> Apemon (Vaccine;Nature spirits, Nightmare Soldiers, Virus Buster) -> D'arcmon (Vaccine; Virus Busters, Wind Guardians)

My understanding is that both have to match (still a new system so still trying to figure out the ends and outs) but i think the family and type has to match or it has to be how you obtained them in the guild.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:39 am
lief_7
Kidbolint
lief_7

My understanding is that both have to match (still a new system so still trying to figure out the ends and outs) but i think the family and type has to match or it has to be how you obtained them in the guild.

edit: I also asked Liger in the chat, he said that the monmon could be arranged to ape Mon because DMA sex states that. If the digimon evolves to a random evolution, it should be fine unless DMA states it too, but it should meet at least one requirement. Err- is there a topic that could explain this in further detail sometime later?

I'll keep working on making a good line since I'm not entirely picky. I'll be eager to hear more on this though while I try to work up points.

Im Windspirit

dragonianflame

Omnipresent Lunatic

10,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:03 pm
since I have a lotusmon would I eventually be able to get her, or could I get her as a rookie form as well as my renamon starter?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:06 pm
dragonianflame
since I have a lotusmon would I eventually be able to get her, or could I get her as a rookie form as well as my renamon starter?
In order to use Lotusmon, you would need to either use a list of digimon that you own that share the same family and attribute as her as a synthesized line, or a line that stays within DMA's unexpected digivolution list.  

Sorgaren

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300

Im Windspirit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:31 am
Could it be possible to still use Murmuxmon's ability to shape shift into other Digimon? In the former rp, I used to have permission as long as I had the actual art for the Digimon I intended to use as a disguise. Since I didn't want to be OP, I made it to where Murmuxmon could only shapeshift into Digimon lower than Mega, virus attribute, and was unable to use its attacks. Since other members have Murmuxmon as well, I don't think this idea would sound appealing, but could it be considered?

If that doesn't sound too good, maybe we can restrict it by requiring the family to be Nightmare Soldiers?

Or just use the previous forms listed on DMA that it can evolve from? So I could use D'arcmon (If we could follow that ability from the movie)

I'll understand if we should just consider treating Murmuxmon as a regular member. It would be neat if we could use that ability, if possible
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:40 am
Im Windspirit
Since I didn't want to be OP, I made it to where Murmuxmon could only shapeshift into Digimon lower than Mega, virus attribute, and was unable to use its attacks.

If that doesn't sound too good, maybe we can restrict it by requiring the family to be Nightmare Soldiers?

Though it does not say in any of our sources that Murmuxmon has any of the said abilities, it was something done in an official movie, that being said, it wouldn't truly be considered a fan-made ability and with your proposed limitations:

-Only digimon that you own
-Lower than Mega form
-Can't use their attacks

I don't see why you can't continue to do so.

User Image  

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 am
Some of the digimon I have acquired started in a form that was not rookie.

I would to keep some of those digimon in the level that I acquired them.

Do I have to create a line for those digimon and what is the purpose of having all digimon start in rookie form?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:32 am
Shadow of Miracles
Some of the digimon I have acquired started in a form that was not rookie.

I would to keep some of those digimon in the level that I acquired them.

Do I have to create a line for those digimon and what is the purpose of having all digimon start in rookie form?

As it is stated above all digimon must have a rookie, champion and ultimate form.
This is because you must move to the rookie form to travel and when not battling like int the anime.

Edit: Ok I miss stated, it seems they can't go above Champion in cites but it is requested by the RP Mods that everyone have a rookie form and that only high forms be used when needed not for just walking around or hanging out. Thank you.

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
Digimon Tamer Island (Digimon Guild RP Forum)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games