Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply YouTube Land [[ The place for all your Videos!]]
Can I post music videos with others' footage on youtube?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:53 pm
I want to make music videos with footage from TV shows and movies, but I'm afraid of people banning me for that. But if I claim that nothing if it is mine and the people who made it are the rightful owners, and the fact that I mean not to make money from them and only want to entertain people with them (because in truth, that is all I want to do), and give the people all credit, is there anything wrong with posting the videos? In the past, I've made photoshopped pictures with tons of pictures from people and whatnot, and I mash them together to make things, then give ALL credit to them by claiming that none of it is mine and that all credit goes to them since I own none of it, and nobody had a problem with it. So is it alright if I make music videos with TV and movie footage and give all credit to the filmers/makers of it? Can they ban me if I mean only to entertain people with it and nothing more?  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:01 pm
Of course you can. Just be sure to give the original creators/authors or whoever the proper credit so you don't look like you're ripping anyone off.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:18 pm
Princess Zelda21
Of course you can. Just be sure to give the original creators/authors or whoever the proper credit so you don't look like you're ripping anyone off.

Sweet! But if I get the videos from people, do I need to add the link to where I got the videos from?  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:02 pm
Flames of the Phenix
Princess Zelda21

Sweet! But if I get the videos from people, do I need to add the link to where I got the videos from?

Yes, it's best if you do. Otherwise people might get on your case about copyright issues and all, which you really don't want to have happen.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:04 pm
Princess Zelda21
Flames of the Phenix
Princess Zelda21

Yes, it's best if you do. Otherwise people might get on your case about copyright issues and all, which you really don't want to have happen.

Alright. Thanks! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:08 pm
Flames of the Phenix
Princess Zelda21
Flames of the Phenix
Princess Zelda21

Alright. Thanks! biggrin

You're welcome Phoenix! smile  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
YouTube Land [[ The place for all your Videos!]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash