Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Tass Saada

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:31 pm
Tass Saada

The Palestinian native ran away from home and joined the movement when he was 17. "I joined the Fatah movement, basically, because Yassar Arafat was my hero," Saada became a Fatah sniper, picking off and killing Israeli soldiers. His nickname was "Butcher." Saada eventually made his way to the United States to attend school. By that point, he had given up on waging violent jihad, but he still hated Jews. But his heart was changed by the love of Jesus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, you probably noticed that this was a church where gentiles and Jews come together to worship. Their church is called Beth Adonai.

The about us section from their Homepage;

"Beth Adonai is a Bible Based (Old and Renewed Covenant) Congregation that worships the way that Yeshua and his disciples did.
We celebrate the feasts and practices of the Torah as we experience Mathew 5:17 where Yeshua said “I have not come to abolish the Torah or the Prophets, but to bring them to their fullness.”

We believe that the whole Bible (Genesis through Revelation) – is the inerrant word of God, by which God reveals His plan for His “Chosen People” Israel and through His Messiah will bring the Nations (Gentiles) to worship Him.

Our Congregation is made up of Jewish and Non-Jewish (Gentile) people and many of our families are interfaith (one Jewish, the other Gentile). We are multi-cultural and multi-ethnic.

If you are looking for a place to experience God and to see how Yeshua (Jesus) and His disciples worshipped, then Congregation Beth Adonai is the place for you. Come and see what you have been missing.

In August 2002, we had our first Shabbat service. In the beginning we met at Pleasantdale Church of God. Pastor Massey of that Pleasantdale COG led us to our current meeting place. God used Pastor Keith Gunter, State Evangelism Director for COG, to provide the means to allow us to purchase this building. God’s hand was truly evident since by our age (less then two years of existence) we did not meet the traditional guidelines for lending institutions. We thank the Church of God for their love of Israel and support to the Messianic Movement.

Consistent with the tenets of Messianic Judaism, Beth Adonai maintains a Jewish identity, heritage and culture that reflects the faith and practice of the first-century Jewish and Gentile Believers. We seek to be a welcoming community where people from a variety of religious backgrounds can feel at home. Our worship services are designed to strike a balance between broader Jewish worship traditions and our congregation’s religious convictions. As a blended and inclusive community, we seek to cultivate a positive place for interfaith couples and people from the wider Jewish community."

What are your initial thoughts?

[Working link(s) April 9th 2016. Please notify us of broken links and inaccurate content.]  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:53 pm
Genesis 16
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Sarai and Hagar

16 Now Sarai, Abram’s wife had borne him no children, and she had an Egyptian maid whose name was Hagar. 2 So Sarai said to Abram, “Now behold, the Lord has prevented me from bearing children. Please go in to my maid; perhaps I will [a]obtain children through her.” And Abram listened to the voice of Sarai. 3 After Abram had lived ten years in the land of Canaan, Abram’s wife Sarai took Hagar the Egyptian, her maid, and gave her to her husband Abram as his wife. 4 He went in to Hagar, and she conceived; and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her sight. 5 And Sarai said to Abram, “May the wrong done me be upon you. I gave my maid into your [c]arms, but when she saw that she had conceived, I was despised in her [d]sight. May the Lord judge between [e]you and me.” 6 But Abram said to Sarai, “Behold, your maid is in your [f]power; do to her what is good in your [g]sight.” So Sarai treated her harshly, and she fled from her presence.

7 Now the angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, by the spring on the way to Shur. 8 He said, “Hagar, Sarai’s maid, where have you come from and where are you going?” And she said, “I am fleeing from the presence of my mistress Sarai.” 9 Then the angel of the Lord said to her, “Return to your mistress, and submit yourself [h]to her authority.” 10 Moreover, the angel of the Lord said to her, “I will greatly multiply your descendants so that [j]they will be too many to count.” 11 The angel of the Lord said to her further,

“Behold, you are with child,
And you will bear a son;
And you shall call his name [k]Ishmael,
Because the Lord [l]has given heed to your affliction.
12 “He will be a wild donkey of a man,
His hand will be against everyone,
And everyone’s hand will be against him;
And he will [m]live [n]to the east of all his brothers.”
13 Then she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, “[o]You are [p]a God who sees”; for she said, “Have I even [q]remained alive here after seeing Him?” 14 Therefore the well was called [r]Beer-lahai-roi; behold, it is between Kadesh and Bered.

15 So Hagar bore Abram a son; and Abram called the name of his son, whom Hagar bore, Ishmael. 16 Abram was eighty-six years old when Hagar bore Ishmael to him.

Footnotes:

Genesis 16:2 Lit be built from her
Genesis 16:3 Lit dwelt
Genesis 16:5 Lit bosom
Genesis 16:5 Lit eyes
Genesis 16:5 Lit me and you
Genesis 16:6 Lit hand
Genesis 16:6 Lit eyes
Genesis 16:9 Lit under her hands
Genesis 16:10 Lit seed
Genesis 16:10 Or it shall not be counted for multitude
Genesis 16:11 I.e. God hears
Genesis 16:11 Lit has heard
Genesis 16:12 Lit dwell
Genesis 16:12 Lit before the face of; or in defiance of
Genesis 16:13 Or You, God, see me
Genesis 16:13 Heb Elroi
Genesis 16:13 Lit seen here after the one who saw me
Genesis 16:14 I.e. the well of the living one who sees me
Genesis 16:16 Lit Abram

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Silvyee

Excitable Strawberry

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:33 pm
WOW! That is Jay Sekulow's brother. I had no idea that's what those guys were up to these days. I have to look at that really closely. (Jay Sekulow used to be pretty prominent as a show trial lawyer.)  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:01 pm
Silvyee
WOW! That is Jay Sekulow's brother. I had no idea that's what those guys were up to these days. I have to look at that really closely. (Jay Sekulow used to be pretty prominent as a show trial lawyer.)

According to wikipedia his youngest brother. smile I did not know who Jay was, so I had to look him up. According to Wikipedia again Sekulow was raised Jewish. He converted to Christianity in college and is now a Messianic Jew.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces