Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
is it wrong?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:35 pm
I am not sure but I believe a close and dear friend of mine....was raped and this is destroying her on the inside. I fear it might have even damaged her faith even her humanity.
is it so wrong to with death upon the filthy abomination that did this to her?
I have thought about it for a long time and truly I cannot think of a single reason why this man should not die the most painful and prolonged deaths possible. its not a matter of revenge but justice and honor and to protect any future possible victims  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:55 am
Wait wait wait... I'm a little crossed.
You say you don't believe your friend, but you still want revenge on the man that may or may not be responsible for the act?

Well, lets just dive right on in to the revenge piece shall we?
Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

Revalations 21:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

It is not up to you, or anyone else when one man should die because of their actions. God has his rightful place the the Judge.

It is your job, to love, forgive, and care for those who may be victims.

It is our Job as Men/Women of the faith to love all equally, without bias.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

So be wary of your thoughts of revenge, know that evil begets evil. Be kind for your friend and be there for her. And pray that all men who come to sin one day find the light in the lord so that we may ALL praise his name in his new kingdom  

ChuckBreezy

Hygienic Smoker

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:16 pm
Shpleck
You say you don't believe your friend, but you still want revenge on the man that may or may not be responsible for the act?

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

It is not up to you, or anyone else when one man should die because of their actions. God has his rightful place the the Judge.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

So be wary of your thoughts of revenge, know that evil begets evil. Be kind for your friend and be there for her. And pray that all men who come to sin one day find the light in the lord so that we may ALL praise his name in his new kingdom

yes...I would love revenge but its not about revenge. its about justice.
and my friend refused to tell me. but all the facts are there she was raped. whether or not she was or wasn't is not a question. its as obvious as a bullet wound to the head.
the question is should justice be served?
should we save this creature's future victims?  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:02 pm
kesuke uchiha
Shpleck

and my friend refused to tell me. but all the facts are there she was raped. whether or not she was or wasn't is not a question. its as obvious as a bullet wound to the head.

In all things Gods justice will be served.
Now, saving for future victims? That's up to her, she needs to go to the police and report it. If they can catch the perp they can at least send him to prison for a time, and put him under surveillance when he gets out (not saying any monster that can do such a thing deserves to let out but our legal system has never been anything close to perfect).
But as I said, Justice will always be served, I would refer you back to revelations 21:8  

ChuckBreezy

Hygienic Smoker

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm
If your friend was raped then she should turn the offender in so he can face punishment for his actions, as is the just thing to do. It's normal to feel like rapists need to be killed, or other things. However watch unforgiveness, God forgives us so it shouldn't be too much for us to do the same.

Matt 6:14-15 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

For the sake of justice and to prevent the rapist from continuing to do it though, by all means turn his butt in.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:05 am
While I fully and completely agree that justice should be served, I too am somewhat torn when it comes to the death penalty.

Less than a week before Christmas in 2011, an old friend of mine was murdered. It was premeditated--the killer dressed in a black "ninja" garb and brought several knives into the house. He stabbed her to death. She died screaming---right until he shoved one of the blades into her throat. He was caught and arrested a few days later, but he has yet to be sentenced for his crime. You can read more about the case here.

I bring up this terrible experience because it makes me feel the same way you are feeling--angry and wanting justice. I know that God says we shouldn't want anyone to die, regardless of the sins he or she has committed. God wants me to forgive the murderer and move on, but at the same time I want him dead. I'll be happy if they give him life in prison for what he has done to Saskia, her family, and everyone involved, however I truly believe that he will attempt to finish what he started and go after the family again. It's hard to know what's right.  

Exarielle BlackLaw

Peaceful Warlord

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:11 am
Shpleck
kesuke uchiha
Shpleck

Now, saving for future victims? That's up to her, she needs to go to the police and report it. If they can catch the perp they can at least send him to prison for a time, and put him under surveillance when he gets out (not saying any monster that can do such a thing deserves to let out but our legal system has never been anything close to perfect).
But as I said, Justice will always be served, I would refer you back to revelations 21:8

in this situation the only way we will get any justice is if we get it ourselves  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:43 am
kesuke uchiha
Shpleck
kesuke uchiha
Shpleck

in this situation the only way we will get any justice is if we get it ourselves

It is not our place to judge in such ways. "1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye meet, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in your brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matthew 7:1-5  

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:22 pm
Angelus1987
kesuke uchiha
Shpleck
kesuke uchiha
Shpleck

It is not our place to judge in such ways. "1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye meet, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in your brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matthew 7:1-5

I am not a damned rapist. and he will drown in blood whether it be from me or God he will pay for the demonic abominable sins he has performed upon the innocent.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:43 pm
kesuke uchiha
Angelus1987
kesuke uchiha
Shpleck
kesuke uchiha
Shpleck

I am not a damned rapist. and he will drown in blood whether it be from me or God he will pay for the demonic abominable sins he has performed upon the innocent.

And what if he turned his life around? Then what? You are no better than him at the moment  

ChibiHigh

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:08 pm
Okay. This is not something I bring up or talk about often because frankly it's personal and not easy to talk about.

As hard as it is, you have to forgive. If you don't, your anger and bitterness will consume you. Yes what whoever it was that did that to her was horrible and awful and cruel and wrong and there is not a single thing that is right about it. HOWEVER. Forgiveness isn't for them - it's for you. I promise you, revenge will not be fruitful and even if he does die, it will not make you feel better for long.

When I was very small, I was sexually abused by a member of the family. My mother caught it quickly and pulled me out of the situation, but the scars remained for a very long time and the abuse is still something that I struggle with.

It took me a long time to let go of the pain that I held and the anger that I had for the person that did it. I can, with all honesty however, say I have completely forgiven them for what they did to me. I genuinely love them, even though they never even apologized to me, never even admitted to me what they did. I have somewhat of a relationship with them and even though they are, at current, very ill, I honestly pray and hope that they will get better because I love them and they are important to me.

I'm not saying this because I think I'm some awesome and amazing person for doing this - I don't. At all. It's all God, and where he's brought me in my healing. I'm not saying you have to have the same, but, you do have to forgive them.

I also used to work with several people who came out of jail and/or prison for various reasons. I know first hand that it does not matter what you do, God can still redeem you. I've seen God do amazing things in the lives of people who, by society's standards, shouldn't be forgiven. As difficult as it is to see right now, yes, it is wrong to actively wish for his death. It is, of course, a normal response, but at some point you have to forgive and let go. Doesn't mean you have to like the person. Forgiveness doesn't even mean what they did was okay or right. All it means is that you are letting go of that anger and bitterness, because believe me, it will not do you a single ounce of good to hold onto it. It will destroy you, I know this from experience. I used to be a very, very angry and bitter person until God finally got ahold of me and started to heal those things in me.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:53 pm
I would still far rather be "guilty" of murder than actually guilty of letting this freak abomination claim more victims  

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:10 pm
kesuke uchiha
I would still far rather be "guilty" of murder than actually guilty of letting this freak abomination claim more victims

Well maybe of you actually reported this person to the authroities so he could be put in jail he wouldn't be "claiming more victims". You would probably get a harsher sentence than him depending on where you live. Do you even know the rapist?  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:45 pm
ChibiHigh
kesuke uchiha

Well maybe of you actually reported this person to the authroities so he could be put in jail he wouldn't be "claiming more victims". You would probably get a harsher sentence than him depending on where you live. Do you even know the rapist?

had it been easy to prove he would not need to die. I could have just let the authorities handle it but that's not happening because good lawyers can get you out of just about anything.  

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items