[Plot] Trust in a Friend (Kurt and Raken) [fin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:23 pm
After thawing out and sharing the lunch provisions, it was off again. This trip was easy. He knew where the clearing was and had been there for his own staff. The theory was still unproven but it was the best one he had heard. So the flight was done in silence as he confidently moved towards the clearing.

It was right at the edge that he did a sudden no signal stop in mid air. There were trees there that were not there before. Baffled, all he could do was hover as he took in the changes. For a while he wondered if he had the wrong place but no, it was right just with new trees. This had to be magic or he just really never noticed before.

Shaking his head finally, he pulled out the knife he had and offered it to Raken, "Just pick a branch that won't hurt the tree to lose, something not too big but could make a walking stick length if needed." He held back that this place felt different, maybe it was just him and his old age getting to him.

Tartara Seabreeze
gotta get this movin! heart

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:49 pm
The taste of lunch still lingered on his tongue as they took to the skies, his mind carefully cataloging the recipe he had used as a success. It was always a surprise how a few choice herbs from the forest could significantly improve a meal. Perhaps if I added a bit more thyme next time... He mused to himself, adding to the silence of their flight. Living off the land as his family did meant becoming at least a fair cook. Eating meat akin to rubber after all would drive any pae mad if done consistently.

The time passed quickly while the scenery below them changed to an area very familiar to Raken. As a few choice pae knew, Fae Clearing was his favorite training ground.

At least, it was until Tartara...No. He had done well to stop dwelling on his failure. He had to move on. As it was, the demonic was beyond lucky that the angel hadn't asked how his mother was. The answer wouldn't be pretty. It was amidst these thoughts that said angel suddenly stopped. Raken barreled forward a few feet before pulling his wings back to halt as well. "Lost in thought." He muttered as a grudging excuse. A quick few beats of his webbed extremities and he was close enough to take the knife. "Get a sword, take a branch, this seems like a fairly simple scavenger hunt...The coin and cup however must be more difficult to obtain." Raken observed the knife momentarily before giving a nod to kurt and begin gliding down. It was then that he too noticed...well, two large trees among much more growth than he recalled. He had visited the clearing a few months prior and would have seen such foliage, he was certain of it. Which meant they popped up recently.

Was this why the Guardians wanted a branch? He frowned deeply as he angled for the northern tree, noting a gathering of butterflies fluttering around it. He then landed right into its branches, and after a quick survey of which branch looked the least beneficial, started cutting away.

EvilSilverDragon
<.<;;;;;; Ohhhh mai...hopefully all the flutters are still at the party too busy to notice Raken chopping away...

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:03 pm
Kurt stayed airborne as Raken went for a tree branch. Hovering above the branches he observed and stood look out. There were no dangers in these parts but it never hurt to have a set of eyes scanning.

Recalling his own hunt he shared what wisdom he had, "Well, for the coin I traded the last of my alpaca fibers for the season to a faun. You have to be specific they knew what coin you are looking for if you tell them. If not you might not get the right one. The one you want has their great Tree on one side." Picturing the coin where it lay at his home, he remembered the worry that he wouldn't have enough to get it from the faun.

The cup on the other hand, "The cup was odd, the Naiad I got it from didn't believe in the Guardians!" Even saying that didn't feel right in his mouth, lingering confusion on the whole ordeal still evident in his tone. "I can't understand why anypae wouldn't believe. I told her all the proofs of my life and she seemed to give me the cup just make me move along. The lack of faith was..disturbing." If the naiad had lived as long as he had, she'd have believed. You cannot see all he saw and not believe.

Tartara Seabreeze
Get that branch fast Raken! blaugh

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:18 pm
It wasn't long until the branch fell away into his hands, freeing the male to flap back up into the sky. His own face twisted in a frown talking about the naiads. "They do seem to be a far cry from the Aions we knew. I try not to associate myself too much with them...after all, it seemed like shortly after their arrival that things started becoming strange on the island. The coin however I'm not too worried about acquiring." He hovered at the same height as Kurt, quickly debating before deciding on whether to impart his secret. "You see, I know a faun. A long lost adopted brother." Only problem was Kaiden had grown up away from the big family. Hopefully the mere knowledge of familial bonds would be enough to persuade the green male.

After all, this was to protect his estranged family.

EvilSilverDragon
Success! Lets wrap this up! XD 50% done

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:13 pm
Kurt nodded and offered an easy smile, "Best of luck in your continued travels. You know where to go if you need help!" He had his herd he had to get back to and as far as he knew, he had done all he could. Raken was a very capable Demon, he'd be able to get the other two on his own. If not, Kurt would step up and help again without hesitation.

It was good, going out and adventuring with an old friend.

Tartara Seabreeze
Sweet, rp like the wind! You can knock out those two then be done with it!

:[ Telrunya City ]: ~ Order of the Light Base of Operations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games