Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Tolerance, and acceptance of the LGBTQA community Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

salvia plath

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:51 am
What is your opinion on it? I can't support a guild who can't support all lifestyles.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:01 pm
What do you mean when you say "tolerate, and accept all lifestyles"?

I can only speak for myself, and not for everyone else in the guild, but personally, in my opinion societies demand for tolerance on certain issues have gone to far. Everything should be accepted without question, and tolerated as it is. Everyone voicing a different perspective is considered hateful. It is just not sound, or healthy. To a Christian, the Bible should be authoritative when it comes to what we should and should not accept - not what society today think we should agree with, or what the majority demand to be right.

Is it intolerant and hateful to not accept all lifestyles as right? Not at all.
If it is wrong, and damaging for the person living that particular lifestyle and we had access to knowledge that makes it apparent to us that it is not right, then we are not really being loving towards that person if we through some misconstrued idea of what love is say nothing because we believe that is love. It is healthy to keep in mind that man is not naturally good (Romans 3:23), and left to himself would not be able to choose what is right (Romans 3:10). What is darkness and what is light (Isaiah 5:20). We are living in a world where the majority is on the broad road to destruction. We are living in a world where the Devil is deceiving the majority (Revelation 12:9), that is why it is so important to base your decision to give your support or not give your support to an issue based on what God wants - not what the world wants. To bring your thoughts, and your mind captive to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). To do what he wants, and to tolerate (to not tolerate something, as in to not give your approval of something a person does, does not equal hating that person) what he wants you to tolerate - not what the world say you should tolerate, and give your approval of...

Suggested thread; Why is Homosexuality Wrong?????  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:46 am
Garland-Green
I can only speak for myself, and not for everyone else in the guild, but personally, in my opinion societies demand for tolerance on certain issues have gone to far. Everything should be accepted without question, and tolerated as it is. Everyone voicing a different perspective is considered hateful. It is just not sound, or healthy. To a Christian, the Bible should be authoritative when it comes to what we should and should not accept - not what society today think we should agree with, or what the majority demand to be right.

If it is wrong, and damaging for the person living that particular lifestyle and we had access to knowledge that makes it apparent to us that it is not right, then we are not really being loving towards that person if we through some misconstrued idea of what love is say nothing because we believe that is love. It is healthy to keep in mind that man is not naturally good (Romans 3:23), and left to himself would not be able to choose what is right (Romans 3:10). What is darkness and what is light (Isaiah 5:20). We are living in a world where the majority is on the broad road to destruction. We are living in a world where the Devil is deceiving the majority (Revelation 12:9), that is why it is so important to base your decision to give your support or not give your support to an issue based on what God wants - not what the world wants. To bring your thoughts, and your mind captive to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). To do what he wants, and to tolerate (to not tolerate something, as in to not give your approval of something a person does, does not equal hating that person) what he wants you to tolerate - not what the world say you should tolerate, and give your approval of.

I agree with ya, brother. I am in the process of doing a year long study of the Bible (found in the 'Youversion' Bible app under "Day By Day With Billy Graham" and last night's verse was Proverbs 2:6 though the Devotion Content read as follows:
No other book can touch its profound wisdom, its poetic beauty, or the accuracy of its history and prophecy. Its critics who claimed it to be filled with forgery, fiction, and unfulfilled promises are finding that the difficulties lie with themselves, and not the Bible. Greater and more careful scholarship has shown that apparent contradictions were caused by incorrect translations, rather than divine inconsistencies. It was man and not the Bible that needed correcting.

Most people refuse to accept the simple fact that as long as sin exists in the world we're inevitably going to make mistakes and screw up. The Bible is God's 'handbook to the lost' and even though we are saved through Christ, it DOES NOT mean we can lay it aside. If anything, we must hold it more tightly and fight for His glory rather than ours.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:56 pm
Kaosujin Ryu
Garland-Green

If it is wrong, and damaging for the person living that particular lifestyle and we had access to knowledge that makes it apparent to us that it is not right, then we are not really being loving towards that person if we through some misconstrued idea of what love is say nothing because we believe that is love. It is healthy to keep in mind that man is not naturally good (Romans 3:23), and left to himself would not be able to choose what is right (Romans 3:10). What is darkness and what is light (Isaiah 5:20). We are living in a world where the majority is on the broad road to destruction. We are living in a world where the Devil is deceiving the majority (Revelation 12:9), that is why it is so important to base your decision to give your support or not give your support to an issue based on what God wants - not what the world wants. To bring your thoughts, and your mind captive to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). To do what he wants, and to tolerate (to not tolerate something, as in to not give your approval of something a person does, does not equal hating that person) what he wants you to tolerate - not what the world say you should tolerate, and give your approval of.

I agree with ya, brother. I am in the process of doing a year long study of the Bible (found in the 'Youversion' Bible app under "Day By Day With Billy Graham" and last night's verse was Proverbs 2:6 though the Devotion Content read as follows:
No other book can touch its profound wisdom, its poetic beauty, or the accuracy of its history and prophecy. Its critics who claimed it to be filled with forgery, fiction, and unfulfilled promises are finding that the difficulties lie with themselves, and not the Bible. Greater and more careful scholarship has shown that apparent contradictions were caused by incorrect translations, rather than divine inconsistencies. It was man and not the Bible that needed correcting.

Most people refuse to accept the simple fact that as long as sin exists in the world we're inevitably going to make mistakes and screw up. The Bible is God's 'handbook to the lost' and even though we are saved through Christ, it DOES NOT mean we can lay it aside. If anything, we must hold it more tightly and fight for His glory rather than ours.

Very true. God is able to keep His word, and He is quite capable of having it been passed down to us so that it is comprehensible and not distorted. It is His desire that we should know what His will is. Without it we would be pretty much be adrift. Tossed back and forth by popular opinion.

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:05 pm
As for myself I do not hate them or wish any ill will towards them, but I do not embrace the homosexual lifestyle. I feel that my God is clear on his stance about homosexuality.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:52 pm
look at the word tolerate
its not really all that flattering. but yes almost all the world tolerates homosexuals however approving and accepting homosexuality is NOT something we should do.
My brother is homosexual and I indeed do NOT approve and I pray ever day that he changes but I still love him as my brother and I tolerate his presence all the time as I do with all my friends that happen to be gay.
its wrong...but so is drinking to excess so is sleeping around so is drugs so is violence so is corruption so is lying......I dont understand why we can be against all these things and only when we say "dont be gay" someone freaks out and calls it a hate crime. if you want to follow God then follow him, take in his mercy and grace. follow his word and you will be fine. I have seen many freed from sinful lives by doing this, I give my prayers to all the sinners in the world that they may come to this realization and know christ as we all are meant to. ^_^  

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Mei Xiaojie

Hopeful Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:54 am
I belong to the ELCA a liberal denomination of Christianity. We believe that we're all God's Children and support LGBT Rights.

http://www.elca.org/Faith/Faith-and-Society/Social-Statements/Human-Sexuality

That's the link for more information ♥  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:20 pm
Yongyuan Ai Ni
I belong to the ELCA a liberal denomination of Christianity. We believe that we're all God's Children and support LGBT Rights.

http://www.elca.org/Faith/Faith-and-Society/Social-Statements/Human-Sexuality

That's the link for more information ♥

When you say you support LGBT rights--what, exactly, do you mean? I, too, support LGBT rights because the secular State's duty is to provide everyone with rights. The Church is not the State. I still believe, however, that homosexual relations are a sin, and I do not condone homosexual marriage before God or in the Church, nor do I condone ANY pastor marrying a homosexual couple.

So--do you support LGBT rights and believe that homosexual relations are a sin, or do you believe that homosexual relations are not sinful?

Can you provide me with the exact page where the application of this conversation starts, regarding this statement of faith? It's 48 pages long. I don't have time to read all 48 pages, nor do I believe I need to at this time. I read some of it, though. I noticed that you affirm the Trinity and the solas. That's good! You probably aren't a liberal church. Of course, I would need to know more.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:23 pm
resting on pretty
What is your opinion on it? I can't support a guild who can't support all lifestyles.

I find the words "tolerance" and "acceptance" to be pretty ambiguous and often used to lambast people who disagree with those wielding these words.

Can you define what you mean by those words?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:12 pm
The bible is pretty clear on homosexuality being wrong. Note that it is homosexual acts; being in question about it or being tempted by it is not in itself a sin, as Jesus was tempted in Matthew.

Love everyone. Love does not mean tolerance. But love means love.  

Sugarbeary

SirPuzzle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:01 am
Seems to me these days that "tolerance' means "Agree with the liberal view on everything or else you're an *insert pejorative labels*" Yeah what a tolerant worldview that is.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:52 am
I believe God created male and female genders for a reason and as such to go against His natural biological reasons and spiritual reasons for doing so would be sinful.

Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin. (Leviticus 18:22)

Recent studies show homosexuals have a substantially greater risk of suffering from a psychiatric problems than do heterosexuals. We see higher rates of suicide, depression, bulimia, antisocial personality disorder, and substance abuse. This paper highlights some new and significant considerations that reflect on the question of those mental illnesses and on their possible sources.

Lady Vizsla

Darius Alexander Tate

Lonely Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:27 am
Tolerance: the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.

I don't go out of my way to tell people that I disagree with the LGBT lifestyle, but if someone asks me, (I haven't yet been asked in front of people) I will say that I'm against it. I don't try to stop them from having relationships and tell them that they're wrong; I'll just refer them to the Bible. It doesn't make sense to offend them right off because then your message won't get through to them. Show them love when you try to tell them there's a better way. If someone told you that you weren't allowed because you're _____________, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to go back to that store. It's the same thing with The LGBT community; we have to realize that though it is wrong, same sex couples have developed deep rooted feelings for each other and to tell them that it is wrong will be greatly offending toward them. We need to start telling them about Jesus and his love for us. As they begin coming to church, they'll begin to understand more that their lifestyle isn't the true way, and they'll accept Jesus as their savior and turn from their sin.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:44 pm
I was born a lesbian, yes born. We are born into this world sinners after all.
Now my parents scorned and loathed me from my childhood, because I had known since I was 5 I was attracted to females.

I am one of those who finds the legitimacy of Paul of Tarsus to be up in the air, and thus his words in Romans can mean pretty much anything.

Outside of that, there is really no modern (post Crucifixion) condemnation of LGBT.

Live happy, do as thou want - as long as you know it isn't a sin.  

apple floss

Aekea Smoker

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:23 pm
apple floss
I was born a lesbian, yes born. We are born into this world sinners after all.
Now my parents scorned and loathed me from my childhood, because I had known since I was 5 I was attracted to females.

I am one of those who finds the legitimacy of Paul of Tarsus to be up in the air, and thus his words in Romans can mean pretty much anything.

Outside of that, there is really no modern (post Crucifixion) condemnation of LGBT.

Live happy, do as thou want - as long as you know it isn't a sin.

Be careful using phrases like "do as thou wants". It does not have a line of thinking that brings people to repentance. It is a phrase that has its origin in a "religion" that is very antagonistic towards Christianity, and flips upside down any moral that is based on Christian thinking.

Many today have troubles with Paul, but it is good to remember that the apostles mentioned Paul positively, and did call his writing Scripture. The other apostles had many chances to correct or rebuke Paul if his claims were wrong. They did not. See the Jerusalem counsel. Remember that he was contemporary to the other apostles.

Paul – Apostle or Fraud

All the apostles when writing dealt with different things. John for example focused on Jesus deity. Luke historical accuracy. While Paul focused on the running of the church, and what it means to be a Christian. How the Holy Spirit has changed you, and is changing you so that you are different from the world. What a Christian looks like is very important. Many people claim to belong to Jesus - but they are no different than the rest of the world. Jesus have not made any changing impact on their life. You can't have your feet in both camps so to speak. You are either born again and a different creature, or you are not. There's no in-between.  
The Bible

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff