Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Plotting
The Second Annual Yule Ball [An AURB Event]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:28 pm
As some of you may be aware, I'm part of the Annual User Run Ball. In fact, I'm one of the main hosts this year, which is awesome! And so, I want all of you there. It's a great opportunity to advertise the guild. Last year, we had a Yule Ball, and we'd like to have it again. If you'd like to help, it'd be appreciated! I won't be able to participate in the thread on account of having to run the event, but I'll help you plan.

Staff
Diamond Wales

Suggestions
[ ] Thread Graphics
[ ] A Signature for the thread?
[ ] A Plot (our theme has to do with the western zodiac)

Dates
June 27-29
*The forum should also be open on June 30th, but the ball will be over by then  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:31 pm
BUMP  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:00 am
Bump!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:34 am
Awesome, not sure if I'm allowed to post here, if not feel free to delete this post.

I was just wondering if this'll be a 3rd year+ student event, and if so will there be anything for the years below to do in relation to the event?

It could be neat to have some of the students help out the teachers in 'setting up' if that's the case. smile

Also, I could try to help with a banner if that's of any use to you 3nodding  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:44 am
Little Miss English
Awesome, not sure if I'm allowed to post here, if not feel free to delete this post.

I was just wondering if this'll be a 3rd year+ student event, and if so will there be anything for the years below to do in relation to the event?

It could be neat to have some of the students help out the teachers in 'setting up' if that's the case. smile

Well, this is the plotting subforum, and I do love hearing from other people (otherwise Hogwarts probably would have burned by now...but that's another story).

Anyways, it'll be open to all users in the guild, since it's actually going to be held outside of the guild. Maybe we might even want to consider some other schools being represented at this year's ball. The idea of having the Yule Ball is to advertise, and there's usually tons of people at the Annual Ball. Having current members there to interact with potential members is great!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:47 am
Violet the Maestro
Little Miss English

Well, this is the plotting subforum, and I do love hearing from other people (otherwise Hogwarts probably would have burned by now...but that's another story).

Anyways, it'll be open to all users in the guild, since it's actually going to be held outside of the guild. Maybe we might even want to consider some other schools being represented at this year's ball. The idea of having the Yule Ball is to advertise, and there's usually tons of people at the Annual Ball. Having current members there to interact with potential members is great!

Sounds like fun, and I like the idea of multiple schools smile

It's a great advertising technique, I agree, if there's anything I can do to help let me know emotion_yatta  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:49 am
Little Miss English
Violet the Maestro
Little Miss English

It's a great advertising technique, I agree, if there's anything I can do to help let me know emotion_yatta

Well, if you'd like to be one of the members in the thread, I can add you to the list of staff. You could even try thinking of a plot for the thread. I should warn you that the Annual Ball only lasts for three days (maybe four if Gaia forgets to close the forum). One of the best ways to plan is to think of it in terms of what will happen on each day.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:02 am
Violet the Maestro
Little Miss English
Violet the Maestro
Little Miss English

Well, if you'd like to be one of the members in the thread, I can add you to the list of staff. You could even try thinking of a plot for the thread. I should warn you that the Annual Ball only lasts for three days (maybe four if Gaia forgets to close the forum). One of the best ways to plan is to think of it in terms of what will happen on each day.

I'll consider it although I probably won't as I'll probably be joining in the event myself, but thank you c:

And yeah that makes sense, I'm assuming it's gonna go something like:

Arrival - food - dancing - entertainment - departure

It could be cool to think about maybe having some people rp as the entertainment, maybe some dancers or a band, or maybe even the school orchestra surprised  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:04 am
Little Miss English
Violet the Maestro
Little Miss English
Violet the Maestro
Little Miss English

I'll consider it although I probably won't as I'll probably be joining in the event myself, but thank you c:

It could be cool to think about maybe having some people rp as the entertainment, maybe some dancers or a band, or maybe even the school orchestra surprised

The problem with having the orchestra there is that I play the conductor and I will be unable to participate in the Yule Ball, as I'm one of the main hosts for the Annual Ball. I can't abandon my room. We've had quite a few people leave already and a main host...not easy to replace. >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:09 am
Violet the Maestro
Little Miss English
Violet the Maestro
Little Miss English
Violet the Maestro
Little Miss English

The problem with having the orchestra there is that I play the conductor and I will be unable to participate in the Yule Ball, as I'm one of the main hosts for the Annual Ball. I can't abandon my room. We've had quite a few people leave already and a main host...not easy to replace. >.<

Well that's a shame and I know how it feels for fellow staff members to leave (I hold a few sims comps, and sometimes the fellow judges will disappear). It might be worthwhile making a post asking for volunteers from the guild though, you never know.

I'm liking the idea of a zodiac theme and it kinda reminds me of the houses in a way with some of the animals exclaim  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:35 pm
Attention! The AURB was moved on account of several things...
The date is now August 8th-10!

Plotting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff